PDA

View Full Version : No huddle?

Mr. Laz
12-07-2005, 12:45 PM
For the first time in year (as long as i can remember anyway) the Chiefs are actually improving during the playoff run. :clap:

imo teams that really want to make a run at the super bowl are now developing new weapons to make them more dangerous for the playoffs.

how about allowing Trent Green to run a bit of no huddle?

i think our personnel is flexible enough to do it ... can/will the coaching staff make it happen?

BigChiefFan
12-07-2005, 12:48 PM
I like the no huddle, but I also think that contributed to keeping our defense on the field longer in the past few years. I'd like to see them use it, but more so early in games or if we are behind in games. We should use it, but use it wisely.

Extra Point
12-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Sense of urgency comes before no huddle. Away games, they have to huddle up, due to crowd noise. The no-huddle comes in the fourth quarter, with the game tight.

MOhillbilly
12-07-2005, 12:58 PM
no audible = no no huddle

googlymook

kc1977
12-07-2005, 01:25 PM
For the first time in year (as long as i can remember anyway) the Chiefs are actually improving during the playoff run. :clap:

imo teams that really want to make a run at the super bowl are now developing new weapons to make them more dangerous for the playoffs.

how about allowing Trent Green to run a bit of no huddle?

i think our personnel is flexible enough to do it ... can/will the coaching staff make it happen?

Hell, allowing him to audible once per game would be an improvement in my book.

I know I know - Al is the genius, and no defensive setup, no matter how surprising it is to the players in the game, including the QB, can counter his genius playcall. Any defense possible to put on the field has been taken into account when the genius calls the play, so no audible or timeouts should be necessary when the QB reads the defense.

Mr. Laz
12-07-2005, 01:27 PM
no audible = no no huddle
Hell, allowing him to audible once per game would be an improvement in my book.
Saunders was on 810 talking about how there are plenty of audibles for Trent to call in this offensive system.

talked about it in detail and at length

chappy
12-07-2005, 01:35 PM
i think no huddle is all we should run

el borracho
12-07-2005, 01:44 PM
#84!!!!!!!......... #84!!!!!!!.............HUTHUT!!!!!!!!!!!

elvomito
12-07-2005, 02:22 PM
#84!!!!!!!......... #84!!!!!!!.............HUTHUT!!!!!!!!!!!damm skippy
i too noticed the secret weapon being worked in lately.... i bet its super hard for AS to only use him on 1 play per game

chiefsfaninNC
12-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Against Cincy and (Hopefully) Indy I want to see huddle every play, control the clock, keep those offenses off the field. Our best weapon against those two teams is to keep those offense's cold and on the sideline. I know Indy is a dome.

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2005, 03:15 PM
I've had the same thought: we should be using No Huddle more....the way Indy does--line 'em up, and let Trent call an audible and go when he's ready.

Now, the no-huddle CAN become the enemy of controlling the clock.....but not if you do it right.

beer bacon
12-07-2005, 03:29 PM
I remember running the no huddle at Greenbay in 2003. We tore them up.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Was I the only one that saw Trent call an audible once during the Denver game? I think it was in the first quarter.

milkman
12-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Was I the only one that saw Trent call an audible once during the Denver game? I think it was in the first quarter.

I saw it.

I wonder if he is just less animated when he audibles.

Watching Peyton Mangina and Carson Palmer calling audibles is like a freakin' Broadway production.

I think they are so animated just so everyone can watch their geniousCPS at work.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2005, 03:42 PM

Trent audibled at the beginning of the 2nd quarter on his 8-yard run near the goal line. Denver overloaded the line with blitzers and he checked into a run to the left side.

Larry Johnson went the wrong way though so Trent had to take it himself around left end.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-07-2005, 03:43 PM
I saw it.

I wonder if he is just less animated when he audibles.

Watching Peyton Mangina and Carson Palmer calling audibles is like a freakin' Broadway production.

I think they are so animated just so everyone can watch their geniousCPS at work.

DV and AS just recently started letting Trent audible, I'm thinking. Because he wasn't allowed to since he's been here.

I remember what DV and AS said when asked why they don't let Trent audible at the line...

'We think any play that we have will work against any defense they have.'

Our offense is awesome, but there is no reason for the arrogance.