PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Play-off Tickets

jspchief
12-07-2005, 01:10 PM
I've just been informed that if I want to sit in my regular $73.00 per game seats, I'll have to pay $235 per seat face value!!!! :mad:

That is f*cking absurd. It's a slap in the face to those of us who pay full price for pre-season games as part of the season ticket package.

F*cking criminals. :cuss::cuss::cuss:

NewChief
12-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Wow. That is freaking steep.

nmt1
12-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Not trying to provoke you but, economically speaking, your seats are really worth more during the playoffs than during the regular season.

jspchief
12-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Not trying to provoke you but, economically speaking, your seats are really worth more during the playoffs than during the regular season.Fair enough. Wouldn't that mean they are worth less in the pre-season?

chief52
12-07-2005, 01:16 PM
I've just been informed that if I want to sit in my regular $73.00 per game seats, I'll have to pay $235 per seat face value!!!! :mad:

That is f*cking absurd. It's a slap in the face to those of us who pay full price for pre-season games as part of the season ticket package.

In defense of the Chiefs, I am sure that the price is set by the NFL. They control everything!

BigChiefFan
12-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Fair enough. Wouldn't that mean they are worth less in the pre-season?
LMFAO!!! That was great!!! ROFL ROFL

nmt1
12-07-2005, 01:17 PM

I would think so.

BigRedChief
12-07-2005, 01:19 PM
In defense of the Chiefs, I am sure that the price is set by the NFL. They control everything!

NFL sets the price and forces you to buy 2 games for all seats.

BTW, the deadline if Friday.

Seek
12-07-2005, 01:19 PM

Exactly!!!!! They really screw you withe pre-season.

I think Two years ago, they charged us like 95 for one ticket and 130 for the AFC Championship ticket. The second ticket was refunded to us for the following season.

jspchief
12-07-2005, 01:20 PM
In defense of the Chiefs, I am sure that the price is set by the NFL. They control everything!I'm not sure I believe that. The NFL doesn't set regular ticket prices. Why would they have a say in the postseason?

All this is going to do is scare off the blue collar everyday fans in favor of the same whine and cheese bitches that were at the Colts play-off game in '03.

So if by a miracle, we actually get a home play-off game, don't be suprised when the crowd isn't loud and boos their own team.

Guru
I would think so.

That has always been my thoughts. Pre-season should be half the price and more open to people that cannot afford season tickets. Hell, quite a few season ticket holders don't even go to those games.

nmt1
Exactly!!!!! They really screw you withe pre-season.

I think Two years ago, they charged us like 95 for one ticket and 130 for the AFC Championship ticket. The second ticket was refunded to us for the following season.

Why are you getting screwed if you get your money back?

jspchief
12-07-2005, 01:22 PM
I would think so.So if over-paying for pre-season tickets is part of the package, then I think getting gouged for 300% of normal cost for post-season tickets is f*cking criminal.

Count Alex's Losses
12-07-2005, 01:23 PM
You get to see more players on the field during the preseason, duh.

nmt1
12-07-2005, 01:24 PM
That has always been my thoughts. Pre-season should be half the price and more open to people that cannot afford season tickets. Hell, quite a few season ticket holders don't even go to those games.

From an economic standpoint, the tickets should theoretically be cheaper in the preseason. Assuming they were having a good season, demand should go up the whole season though I expect the quality of opponent would have some effect on that as well.
Of course if the Chiefs started charging more for tickets as they won more games, they'd really piss people off.

htismaqe
12-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Can't side with the Chiefs here. A near-fourfold increase is ****ing stupid...

Seek
12-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Why are you getting screwed if you get your money back?

I was skrewed because I didn't get to watch the AFC chapionship game.

But I was not actually referencing being skrewed by having to pay more for the play off tickets. Just the pre-season tickets. I was trying to show that each ticket had a higher value.

All pre-season tickets are good for, is taking someone who has never been to a game, just so you don't have to give your seat for a real game.

jspchief
12-07-2005, 01:26 PM
All I know is there will be 6 very good seats available, because we can't justify that expense.

Seek
12-07-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm not sure I believe that. The NFL doesn't set regular ticket prices. Why would they have a say in the postseason?

All this is going to do is scare off the blue collar everyday fans in favor of the same whine and cheese bitches that were at the Colts play-off game in '03.

So if by a miracle, we actually get a home play-off game, don't be suprised when the crowd isn't loud and boos their own team.

The NFL does set the maximum amount that they can charge for a ticket, in the play-offs.

nmt1
12-07-2005, 01:28 PM
So if over-paying for pre-season tickets is part of the package, then I think getting gouged for 300% of normal cost for post-season tickets is f*cking criminal.

That's a valid arguement, IMO. I expect it's the same all over the NFL, though probably not NFL mandated. Fans have let them get away with it so they're going to keep doing it.
Maybe you could sell your preseason tickets on stubhub or something. I'd be tempted to buy the postseason tickets, sell them for as much as possible on ebay and pocket the proceeds. Of course, I have to watch the games on TV anyway so, obviously, it's not a big deal for me not to go to the games.

chief52
12-07-2005, 01:29 PM
All I know is there will be 6 very good seats available, because we can't justify that expense.

Rather than lose them, maybe you can find someone else interested in forking over the $$$. Nothing to lose as they will get the $$$ back. I would do that if I were in the KC area.

Count Alex's Losses
12-07-2005, 01:30 PM
The only playoff game at Arrowhead I ever plan to attend is the AFC Championship.

Paying to see them win a divisional round game and then having them lose the next week would blow.

Dunit35
12-07-2005, 01:33 PM
So if KC doesnt get a home game in the playoffs, do you get your money back?

Count Alex's Losses
12-07-2005, 01:33 PM
So if KC doesnt get a home game in the playoffs, do you get your money back?

I think what they do is keep your money and sink it into season tickets for next year. :shake:

Dartgod
12-07-2005, 01:34 PM
You get to see more players on the field during the preseason, duh.
Hell, you get to see more SCANLON in the preseason. That's worth triple the price!

John_Wayne
12-07-2005, 01:35 PM

My tickets are $73 per seat. The playoff tickets are $235 for TWO seats (per game). Are you sure you are looking at it correctly? What was the total? For two seats to two games, I owe about $470.

Cochise
12-07-2005, 01:36 PM
I think what they do is keep your money and sink it into season tickets for next year. :shake:

Or they refund it if you don't renew your tickets.

Dartgod
12-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Right, or you can request a refund, which should arrive in time to make the first season ticket installment. :spock:

I can't justify forking over that much money this close to Christmas when the chances of hosting a playoff game are so slim. If we do host a game, I'll have to find tickets somehow.

KCTitus
Hell, you get to see more SCANLON in the preseason. That's worth triple the price!

OMG! LOL...

Dunit35

Thats dumb, I think they should give you the option to pay for playoff tickets when you pay for your season tickets or you can wait until now. If you pay for them at first and the team doesnt make the playoffs, you can have the option to get your money back or to put it into next years tickets.

jspchief
Rather than lose them, maybe you can find someone else interested in forking over the $$$. Nothing to lose as they will get the $$$ back. I would do that if I were in the KC area.I considered it. But I have to make a decision basically today, since they have to be paid for tommorrow. All 6 tickets would cost me $1300 for just one game and I'm afraid I'd have a hard time selling them for that.

I probably would have been willing to pay around $150 each. But even I have my limits. The $470 for two tickets would put a nice dent in a new TV to watch that game in the comfort of my home.

KCTitus
12-07-2005, 01:38 PM
I can't justify forking over that much money this close to Christmas when the chances of hosting a playoff game are so slim. If we do host a game, I'll have to find tickets somehow.

I got to agree...pretty crappy.

jspchief
12-07-2005, 01:40 PM
My tickets are $73 per seat. The playoff tickets are $235 for TWO seats (per game). Are you sure you are looking at it correctly? What was the total? For two seats to two games, I owe about $470.I had just spoken on the phone with my Uncle, who handles all the renewal rights. Maybe I misunderstood him. $120 per ticket isn't that bad IMO.

Cochise
12-07-2005, 01:41 PM
$120 sounds correct to me. When I had them in 2003 it was more than the usual face value but not 4 times the price. That would be crazy.

chief52
12-07-2005, 01:41 PM
I had just spoken on the phone with my Uncle, who handles all the renewal rights. Maybe I misunderstood him. $120 per ticket isn't that bad IMO.

Problem solved! :clap:

No, $120 for a playoff game that sells for $73 does not seem too bad to me either.

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2005, 01:42 PM
I had just spoken on the phone with my Uncle, who handles all the renewal rights. Maybe I misunderstood him. $120 per ticket isn't that bad IMO.

GuntherFan is right. My invoice is for 370 or 380...for two $59 seats. I suppose that's about $90 per seat per game.

Saulbadguy
12-07-2005, 01:45 PM
It was $100 in 2k3.

John_Wayne
12-07-2005, 02:11 PM
GuntherFan is right. My invoice is for 370 or 380...for two $59 seats. I suppose that's about $90 per seat per game. I still think that $73 is too much for a regular season game and $120 is too much for a post season game and $73 is REALLy too much for a preseason game. But, $120 for a playoff game when compared to $73 for a regular season ticket is about right.

BigRedChief
12-07-2005, 02:27 PM
I've got to pay over $700 for 3 seats for 2 games.

You can ask for a refund after January 1st in writing to the Chiefs.

broncoholic
12-07-2005, 02:49 PM
For perspective, my $85 Bronco tickets are going to cost me $110 for the 1st round, and $135 for the 2nd round. 3 tickets + fees = $800...:lame:

BigRedChief
12-07-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm with you. Fuk the NFL and King Carl. They get to hold our money for 6 months and get the interest off that money. That ain't right. And if we want our money back then we have to jump through hoops and put it in writing instead of crediting our card? :mad:

If it happens I'll jump pick some tickets up on the open market.

Is anyone sending King Carl the money by Friday?

dtebbe
12-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Best of all, if you have seats in multiple locations, you HAVE to buy tickets for ALL the locations, not just one. I have a total of 9 seats in 3 locations, and really only want playoff tickets for my really good 2 lower level seats. But I can't just buy those, I have to buy all 9, which is over $1900. I am going to be splitting my tickets up in new accounts come January because of this.

It's a piss-poor way of treating your best customers IMHO.

DT

Coach
12-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Don't worry. gblowfish will be here to address this matter soon.

HemiEd
12-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Damn it is expensive to be a real fan.

Nzoner
12-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Is anyone sending King Carl the money by Friday?

Nope,I trashed mine just like I'm going to trash next years season renewal form.

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Best of all, if you have seats in multiple locations, you HAVE to buy tickets for ALL the locations, not just one. I have a total of 9 seats in 3 locations, and really only want playoff tickets for my really good 2 lower level seats. But I can't just buy those, I have to buy all 9, which is over $1900. I am going to be splitting my tickets up in new accounts come January because of this.

It's a piss-poor way of treating your best customers IMHO.

DT

That's absolute BS. I'd be calling someone about THAT.....and, at the least, voicing my displeasure. :shake:

Wow. I'm pretty much with Nzoner: definitely trashing the playoff tickets, and I even may trash the season tickets due to the BULLSHIT of giving Arrowhead Club and Pavillion "members" preference over long term season ticket holders....in the matter of relocation of seats. :cuss:

BigRedChief
12-07-2005, 10:51 PM
That's absolute BS. I'd be calling someone about THAT.....and, at the least, voicing my displeasure. :shake:

Wow. I'm pretty much with Nzoner: definitely trashing the playoff tickets, and I even may trash the season tickets due to the BULLSHIT of giving Arrowhead Club and Pavillion "members" preference over long term season ticket holders....in the matter of relocation of seats. :cuss:

Huh? whats this? what prefrence?

Halfcan
12-07-2005, 10:51 PM
I agree Nzoner-that is a joke-I would rather hang at your bar and watch it on tv-maybe jam on some ZZ at half time-can't beat that!

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2005, 10:59 PM

If you join the Arrowhead Club or buy a membership at the Pavillion, "magically" and nearly "over-night".....you are transported, as if by 'magic,' to the lower level....and even 10 and 20 yd seats are "available" that are NOT available to those of us who don't have the Benjamins or desire to hob-nob with the folks at the Arrowhead Club or the Pavillion....that would take 20 plus years of "upgrading" to achieve.

Go check the "membership" fees--joining, and "annual" for those digs.....$5,000 to start. :shake:

It's a way to separate the peasants, from the "elite" I suppose.... :(

dtebbe
12-07-2005, 11:02 PM

I think they just have some lower level seats reserved for those guys.

Did you go to the Denver game? If I remember right, your season tickets are right behind mine in Sec 111. I couldn't remember which row you were in though.. I'm in Row 27, Seats 1,2,3

My wife and I brought a high school buddy to his first chiefs game. He could not belive how loud it got!

DT

dtebbe
12-07-2005, 11:04 PM
If you join the Arrowhead Club or buy a membership at the Pavillion, "magically" and nearly "over-night".....you are transported, as if by 'magic,' to the lower level....and even 10 and 20 yd seats are "available" that are NOT available to those of us who don't have the Benjamins or desire to hob-nob with the folks at the Arrowhead Club or the Pavillion....that would take 20 plus years of "upgrading" to achieve.

Go check the "membership" fees--joining, and "annual" for those digs.....$5,000 to start. :shake:

It's a way to separate the peasants, from the "elite" I suppose.... :(

Now I don't feel so bad for paying about 1/2 that for the rights to 2 seats in Sec 123.. under cover...

DT

Nzoner
12-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Our tailgate group has been talking about not renewing all year,we figure with all the cash we drop at Arrowhead we can have some hellacious football get togethers at the gameroom,and we don't have to worry about blackouts in case Arrowhead doesn't sell out because we're out of the blackout zone.

BigRedChief
12-07-2005, 11:17 PM
I think they just have some lower level seats reserved for those guys.

Did you go to the Denver game? If I remember right, your season tickets are right behind mine in Sec 111. I couldn't remember which row you were in though.. I'm in Row 27, Seats 1,2,3

My wife and I brought a high school buddy to his first chiefs game. He could not belive how loud it got!

DT

row 28 seats 20-22 thanks to your heads up on the seat relocation.

I thought you had seats all over?

Where are you sitting for the Cincy and SD games?
Stop by and say hay. I'm the Big dude with red hair and freckles wearing Chief stuff.:p

Coach
12-07-2005, 11:19 PM

Stop by and say hay. I'm the Big dude with red hair and freckles wearing Chief stuff.:p

Heh heh, for clarification, you can't miss him ;)

dtebbe
12-07-2005, 11:25 PM

I'm not going to be able to make it to the SD game, mom is flying down here for xmas. The cincy game I don't know. If it looks like we may get a playoff game I probably won't fly up for Cincy, saving the $$ for the playoff game. I like those seats in Sec 111.

I have 4 in Sec 327 Row 26 (which I'm probably giving up after this year), and 2 in Sec 123 Row 39 (sweet tix, I'd give my left nad for 1 or 2 more right there).

DT