PDA

View Full Version : What is it with designer clothes?

BIG_DADDY
12-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Trying to upgrade my wardrobe a little lately and I have run into a real problem. There are a ton of designer clothing manufacturers out there who simply don't make my size. I am usually between a 32 x 36 and a 34 x 36. What's up with that? There is an absolute ton of stuff out there for the short and fat though. I just don't get it has America gotten that fat?

Cochise
12-07-2005, 04:59 PM
I am 34x36 and can hardly find my pants size in anything at a store. I have a lot better luck finding that specific size on the web though.

Bob Dole
12-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Yes.

BIG_DADDY
12-07-2005, 05:01 PM
I am 34x36 and can hardly find my pants size in anything at a store. I have a lot better luck finding that specific size on the web though.

I tried EBAY and overstock but am having very little luck finding what I am looking for. Got a killer pair of shoes though.

pak1983
12-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Go to Dillard's at Oak Park Mall. They have a vast assortment of sizes, designers, and styles. Always can find good deals. They put shit on sell there everyday. Between Dillards' and ebay.com I dont have to waste time anyplace else. One stop shops!

BIG_DADDY
12-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Yes.

I went into a really high end clothiers here in San Mateo and they didn't have one pair of any slacks in my size it was unbelievable. To make matters worse I wanted just one pair of really nice designer jeans in case I am doing something active with a client and it was useless. Lots of stuff for the really short and fat though. One search on EBAY will get you 117 items found for 42 x 32 jeans. Look if I am a 42 x 32 the last thing I want to be seen in is designer jeans.

Cochise
12-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Overland Park is a long ways from San Mateo, Pak!

BD, if you're looking at department stores' websites I think they usually have a lot better selection of sizes.

I can do well on shoes on the web... a lot better than going into a store and asking what they have in a size 14, and being shown like 2 pairs out of the 100 they stock.

BIG_DADDY
12-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Go to Dillard's at Oak Park Mall. They have a vast assortment of sizes, designers, and styles. Always can find good deals. They put shit on sell there everyday. Between Dillards' and ebay.com I dont have to waste time anyplace else. One stop shops!

EBAY gets me very tmatches. You punch in 32 x 36 and get back 36 x 32. same with a 34 x 36 match.

JBucc
12-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Being tall sucks, at least when trying to find clothes. And I hate it when people look at you and go "wow you're tall", and I'm like "really?, I didn't know, shithead"

Cochise
12-07-2005, 05:10 PM
I went into a really high end clothiers here in San Mateo and they didn't have one pair of any slacks in my size it was unbelievable. To make matters worse I wanted just one pair of really nice designer jeans in case I am doing something active with a client and it was useless. Lots of stuff for the really short and fat though. One search on EBAY will get you 117 items found for 42 x 32 jeans. Look if I am a 42 x 32 the last thing I want to be seen in is designer jeans.

I was at a store once and saw a waist size in the 50s, I didn't know people came that large. I thought, are these for wearing or for keeping dust off your car with!?

Cochise
12-07-2005, 05:11 PM
EBAY gets me very tmatches. You punch in 32 x 36 and get back 36 x 32. same with a 34 x 36 match.

Did you try putting quotes around that, like "34x36"? that might make it match the exact phrase instead of each individual part of the phrase.

Cave Johnson
12-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Absolutely. We're a nation of chunks. Good luck finding a 32x36.

That said, I'm a little surprised at your difficulty finding designer pants in your size. I would think that the average guy buying better labels would be more fit than average.

BIG_DADDY
12-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Overland Park is a long ways from San Mateo, Pak!

BD, if you're looking at department stores' websites I think they usually have a lot better selection of sizes.

I can do well on shoes on the web... a lot better than going into a store and asking what they have in a size 14, and being shown like 2 pairs out of the 100 they stock.

I just got these for $120, pretty stoked ususally over $400. I don't like paying retail for anything.

BIG_DADDY
12-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Being tall sucks, at least when trying to find clothes. And I hate it when people look at you and go "wow you're tall", and I'm like "really?, I didn't know, shithead"

It's like the clothiers just assume since your tall you must be fat too WTF?

ChiefsCountry
12-07-2005, 05:32 PM

Don't you hate that.

But it does make it hard as hell to find clothes, especially if you are skinny as well. I have gained some pounds in college so the pants are alittle easier to find.

Mecca
12-07-2005, 05:36 PM

How's the weather up there.........

Bob Dole
12-07-2005, 05:39 PM
I just got these for $120, pretty stoked ususally over $400. I don't like paying retail for anything.

It must be nice to have feet that aren't categorized as "mutant" and be able to buy shoes without trying the damned things on.

Rain Man
12-07-2005, 06:20 PM
I've always been amazed at how dress shirts are made for pencilnecks. I have to buy a shirt that fits like a bedouin robe if I want the neck to be large enough to button the top button under my tie. It's not like I've got a HerschelWalkeresque neck, either. My neck is probably right around the 50th percentile for people my size.