PDA

View Full Version : Can we still not make the playoffs if we are 11-5 no matter who we lose to?

chiefsfan1963
12-07-2005, 05:09 PM
I'm expecting 12-4, but would be happy with 11-5, but can we still manage to not make the playoffs if we go 11-5? If we win all our games but lose to Chargers does that destroy our chances?

Hoover
12-07-2005, 05:17 PM
The Steelers only play one more AFC team. So if they won out they would have a 7-5 confernce record while the Chiefs would have a 8-4 Conference Record

Currently the Chargers are 6-2 in the AFC, and the Chiefs are 7-3

morphius
12-07-2005, 05:21 PM
The Steelers only play one more AFC team. So if they won out they would have a 7-5 confernce record while the Chiefs would have a 8-4 Conference Record

Currently the Chargers are 6-2 in the AFC, and the Chiefs are 7-3
The chargers and the donx are the issue there. If we are tied with the Chargers and they sweep us, our only hope is that Denver ends up below us.

basically it is just a mess.

Redcoats58
12-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Wow that would be a crappy scenario to win 11 games and not make the post season.

cdcox
12-07-2005, 09:46 PM
If we end up 11-5 and tied with the Chargers, it is curtins, curtins I tell you. No good will come of it. Nashing of teeth, and all that.

dtebbe
12-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Wow that would be a crappy scenario to win 11 games and not make the post season.

Especially when New England will probably make it with 8 or 9.

DT

tk13
12-07-2005, 10:37 PM
That's probably the nightmare scenario. Even if we finished 11-5 and beat SD, that one loss in the last four would kill us. If the KC game was the only game SD dropped the rest of the way and they finished 11-5, they'd likely get the tiebreaker.

Douche Baggins
12-07-2005, 11:01 PM
That game will be so cold the Chargers will freeze in the locker room.

They are soft, west-coast, fish-taco pussies, and we will rape them.

cdcox
12-07-2005, 11:02 PM
tk13, you can stike "likely" from your post.

tk13
12-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Yeah, when I wrote that I was thinking "well, if the loss was to the Bengals, then they wouldn't get the common game tiebreaker". Then about 5 minutes later it occured they'd just win the next tiebreaker... so yeah. There's no way out of that hole. We need the Chargers to start losing.

Sybil
12-07-2005, 11:05 PM

So let's kick the crap out of Marty, LT, and Gates on Christmas Eve.....okay?

Douche Baggins
12-07-2005, 11:07 PM
San Diego's schedule is harder than ours.

They will beat Denver IMO, however.

cdcox
12-07-2005, 11:08 PM
So let's kick the crap out of Marty, LT, and Gates on Christmas Eve.....okay?

That works as long as we don't lose any other games. One loss and we start needing help to beat out the Chargers. We can afford a loss against the Steelers.

Douche Baggins
12-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Jacksonville is going to lose this weekend, too.

Things are going to get interesting.

dtebbe
12-07-2005, 11:15 PM
That game will be so cold the Chargers will freeze in the locker room.

They are soft, west-coast, fish-taco pussies, and we will rape them.
ROFL How do you REALLY feel about the Chargers?

DT

RINGLEADER
12-08-2005, 02:49 AM
If we lose to the chargers we're pretty well screwed out of one of the playoff spots...and I don't see jacksonville finishing anything but 12-4.

that said, if we beat the bolts it will be tough for them to make it unless they beat the colts on the road a week from sunday.

the bengals game may also hold playoff implictions. but if we can split the next two road games and hold serve at arrowhead we'll get in IMO. and chances are that the bengals won't be fighting for either their division or a seed so we'll probably face scrubs that day...lucky for us.

greg63
12-08-2005, 04:19 AM
One would hope that we could go 11-5 and still get in, but I'm not exactly a play-off picture guru. Who did you hack off to get all those red squares?

chiefsfaninNC
12-08-2005, 04:45 AM
I'm expecting 12-4, but would be happy with 11-5, but can we still manage to not make the playoffs if we go 11-5? If we win all our games but lose to Chargers does that destroy our chances?

Are you trying to jinx the Charger's game?

Amnorix
12-08-2005, 05:31 AM
Especially when New England will probably make it with 8 or 9.

DT

Hey, we did what we could to help you guys out by losing to you. After getting whupped by SD and Denver, it was the least we could do to make it up to you.

Also, the Pats are 7-5 now with 4 games remaining against: Buffalo, Jets, Miami and the Buccaneers. I would certainly think we'd go better than 1-3 against that schedule, and expect to go at least 3-1 to get to 10-6, which at least isn't that embarrassing.

But yeah, I can appreciate how much it would suck to miss the playoffs if you had a better record than some other division winner. At this point, that's certainly likely.

Given the situation with the Jags, it's likely either KC or SD gets the bounce, and the Pats make it, even though both KC and SD beat us. Certainly irritating for whichever team's fans if they have the same or better record than the Pats and still get the screw.

bkkcoh
12-08-2005, 05:34 AM
Hey, we did what we could to help you guys out by losing to you. After getting whupped by SD and Denver, it was the least we could do to make it up to you.

That was really too kind of you guys...... :p

ChiefsFan4Life
12-08-2005, 06:33 AM
I don't understand why people seem to be brushing off the Cowboys and Giants games like they are nothing and we will automatically win.

Some people are talking like the Chiefs next game is on Dec. 24.

If we lose to both the Cowboys and Giants, the Dec. 24th game won't mean shit.

And the Chiefs haven't exactly been stellar on the road this year.

Let's not lose focus people.

Hog Rider
12-08-2005, 07:00 AM
So do we want the Denver SD game to be a tie?

Hailchief
12-08-2005, 08:14 AM
San Diego's schedule is harder than ours.

They will beat Denver IMO, however.

Our schedule is pretty tough?

Big Slick
12-08-2005, 09:30 AM
If we lose to both the Cowboys and Giants, the Dec. 24th game won't mean shit.

Actually, probably not true. If Pittsburgh loses at least once more to anybody and San Diego loses to either Indy or Denver, then we get in with wins over San Diego and Cincinnati regardless of what happens at Dallas and New York.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not excited about losing the next two, that'd be a bad way to be going into those last 2 key games. But they're only critical in terms of winning the division, not for getting a wild-card berth. San Diego and Cincy are the keys to the wild card.