PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson interview on 610am this morning.......

John_Wayne
12-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Good interview. Honestly, the best interview I've heard him do. Usually, he sounds like a spoiled brat to me. This morning he was up beat, positive and personable.

1. He said he likes living in KC.
2. He'd like to stay in KC come contract time.
3. He called out Bob Fescoe for calling him a coward. He said he's done doing interviews for that radio station.
4. He said that he feels welcome in KC.
5. It's people like Bob Fescoe that makes him want to leave KC.
6. His LJ hand signal that he does when he gets a TD is a Jay-Z symbol. He has a contract with Jay-Z's clothing line. I could be wrong, but it sounds like he contracted to do the hand signal.

There was a lot more. Anyone else want to chime in?

jspchief
12-08-2005, 08:53 AM
I wonder if the NFL has/will have a problem with players "advertising" during games.

I would think if they catch wind of this, they'll try to put and end to it.

Braincase
12-08-2005, 08:55 AM
I wonder if the NFL has/will have a problem with players "advertising" during games.

I would think if they catch wind of this, they'll try to put and end to it.

I hear Chad Johnson now has a contract with Huggies, if he keeps changing the baby.

John_Wayne
12-08-2005, 08:56 AM

I would think if they catch wind of this, they'll try to put and end to it. He says he does it out of "respect" for Jay-Z. It sounded like a contract to me.

Rain Man
12-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Yeah, he probably shouldn't have said that contract thing.

I'm glad that he'd like to stay in KC. Would it help if we formed an angry mob and rode this fescoe vermin out of town on a rail?

jspchief
12-08-2005, 08:58 AM
I don't havea problem with it. But I could see the NFL having a problem with it.

It might be difficult to prove, other than by players openly admitting it.

the Talking Can
12-08-2005, 09:04 AM
he's leaving and he's a coward....Fescoe is much more important to the health of the franchise than LJ, becuase he isn't a coward like LJ....

Extra Point
12-08-2005, 09:06 AM
He says he does it out of "respect" for Jay-Z. It sounded like a contract to me.

Of course-- a respectable contract, that keeps him in KC. I'm not phat, but I'm for it.

htismaqe
12-08-2005, 09:17 AM
This was a truly great interview. If any of the LJ haters out there had a chance to hear it, they've either changed their minds or they're never going to like him no matter what he does -- that's a problem with THEM, not him.

KCTitus
12-08-2005, 09:19 AM
3. He called out Bob Fescoe for calling him a coward. He said he's done doing interviews for that radio station.
...5. It's people like Bob Fescoe that makes him want to leave KC.

WHAT 810 doesnt get LIVE interviews with LJ now? He's crapping on his fans!

Sure-Oz
12-08-2005, 09:19 AM
Finally we hear something good rather than bad on what he said. Just keeping running LJ! I saw him on a tv show the other week nad he seemed pretty cool, people say stupid stuff all the time, its good to hear him say he wants to be here. He probably feels a part of the team now and probably knows hes the man.

DaFace
12-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Somebody needs to learn how to record these. I never listen to any of the radio stations, but I'd sure like to hear some of these interviews.

the Talking Can
12-08-2005, 09:21 AM

it's like Nazi Germany....or something...

dirk digler
12-08-2005, 09:26 AM

ROFL

Cue Laz and BigChiefFan.

BigChiefFan
12-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Give it a rest, already.

dirk digler
12-08-2005, 09:27 AM
ROFL

Damn I'm good.

KCTitus
12-08-2005, 09:28 AM
ROFL

Damn I'm good.

ROFL

Bob Dole
12-08-2005, 09:31 AM
http://www.rocawear.com/images/header/splash.team_roc.jpg

jidar
12-08-2005, 09:32 AM
He's been saying a lot of the right things before, hell 95% of the things he has said have been positive.
He's complimented his o-line and the rest of the team nearly every time he's ever been in front of a mic, but people like to harp on the negative aspects.
I'm glad we have him and glad he's ignoring those folks who are trying to drive him out for their own egos or ratings or whatever.

jenniferm
12-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Did LJ bring up the coward comment on his own or did the interviewer ask him about it?

810 will circle the wagons around Fescoe now, KK already has. The only one at 810 that actually blasted Fescoe was Boal, everyone else excused it as "used the wrong word" or "choice of words was wrong". Boal flat out said he was livid over the comment. That was good to hear. St. John has just sat there for two days in fear of disagreeing with Fescoe. Too bad. St John showed no stones at all. You could tell he didn't like it but said nothing.

KCTitus
12-08-2005, 10:20 AM
810 will circle the wagons around Fescoe now, KK already has. The only one at 810 that actually blasted Fescoe was Boal, everyone else excused it as "used the wrong word" or "choice of words was wrong". Boal flat out said he was livid over the comment. That was good to hear. St. John has just sat there for two days in fear of disagreeing with Fescoe. Too bad. St John showed no stones at all. You could tell he didn't like it but said nothing.

No stones...now theres a fuggin suprise. But hey, look on the bright side, at least their the sole owner of the Royals broadcasts--that's ratings gold right there!

penguinz
12-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Somebody needs to learn how to record these. I never listen to any of the radio stations, but I'd sure like to hear some of these interviews.
http://kcsp.entercomkc.com/audio/store/da-larryjohnson.mp3

CoMoChief
12-08-2005, 10:36 AM
I hear Chad Johnson now has a contract with Huggies, if he keeps changing the baby.

I thought that was Steve Smith and not Chad Johnson, I could be wrong though.

htismaqe
12-08-2005, 11:15 AM
No stones...now theres a fuggin suprise. But hey, look on the bright side, at least their the sole owner of the Royals broadcasts--that's ratings gold right there!

I was just listening to Petro for the last 45 minutes or so. Absolutely RIVETING discussion of Orlando Hudson and Mark Redman...

ct
12-08-2005, 11:17 AM
I thought that was Steve Smith and not Chad Johnson, I could be wrong though.

Nope, you got it, that was Steve Smith.

ChiefsFan4Life
12-08-2005, 11:20 AM
http://kcsp.entercomkc.com/audio/store/da-larryjohnson.mp3

Awesome! Thanks for the link. :clap:

dirk digler
12-08-2005, 11:22 AM
I was just listening to Petro for the last 45 minutes or so. Absolutely RIVETING discussion of Orlando Hudson and Mark Redman...

I could give a short one for you...they both suck.

KCTitus
12-08-2005, 11:23 AM

Ugh...sounds like treatment for Isomniacs that dont respond to strong drugs.

ChiefsFanatic
12-08-2005, 11:31 AM

Petro is an ass. That guy can make talking about the Chiefs boring. Not even that old drunk Enich is enough to make me listen to him.

ChiefsFan4Life
12-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Good interview. Honestly, the best interview I've heard him do. Usually, he sounds like a spoiled brat to me. This morning he was up beat, positive and personable.

4. He said that he feels welcome in KC.
6. His LJ hand signal that he does when he gets a TD is a Jay-Z symbol. He has a contract with Jay-Z's clothing line. I could be wrong, but it sounds like he contracted to do the hand signal.

He never called out Bob Fescoe once in that interview unless the link posted in this thread isn't the same interview

htismaqe
12-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Petro is an ass. That guy can make talking about the Chiefs boring. Not even that old drunk Enich is enough to make me listen to him.

I used to love Petro. He actually researched his topics and talked about stuff that he was informed about. I'm sure some of it is corporate pressure, but he sounds a little bit more like the rest of them every day.

MVChiefFan
12-08-2005, 12:38 PM

I didn't hear the interview, but is this contrasting statements or am I reading it out of context?

Wa-Z
12-08-2005, 12:48 PM
When and what did fescoe say about LJ?

KCTitus
12-08-2005, 12:54 PM
When and what did fescoe say about LJ?

I dont have access to 810, but he called Johnson a coward for taking himself out during the game on Sunday. He said it, apparently, on Monday.

I believe this circled around the point where KC had 3rd and 1 late in the game and Dee Brown came in and didnt make the yardage for the first down.

Wa-Z
12-08-2005, 12:59 PM
I dont have access to 810, but he called Johnson a coward for taking himself out during the game on Sunday. He said it, apparently, on Monday.

I believe this circled around the point where KC had 3rd and 1 late in the game and Dee Brown came in and didnt make the yardage for the first down.

Bastard...they can't go to the press conferences anymore...that's what they get!

alanm
12-08-2005, 01:24 PM
He says he does it out of "respect" for Jay-Z. It sounded like a contract to me.
I read somewhere the other day where his mom said it was LJ. Which seems more plausible since it's kind of hard to do a Z. Who knows. :hmmm:

ChiefsFan4Life
12-08-2005, 01:30 PM
I didn't hear the interview, but is this contrasting statements or am I reading it out of context?

The original poster of this thread was full of shit w/ his summary. You can listen to the interview by clicking the link to it earlier in this thread.

John_Wayne
12-08-2005, 01:51 PM
He never called out Bob Fescoe once in that interview unless the link posted in this thread isn't the same interview He mentioned Fescoe by name and mentioned that Fescoe called him a coward.

ChiefsFan4Life
12-08-2005, 01:53 PM
He mentioned Fescoe by name and mentioned that Fescoe called him a coward.

Then it must not be the same interview that someone posted a link to earlier in the thread.

John_Wayne
12-08-2005, 01:54 PM
I didn't hear the interview, but is this contrasting statements or am I reading it out of context? He was talking very positively about KC and his desire to stay here. Later in the interview, when talking about Fescoe, he said that it's guys like him that sometimes makes him want to leave KC. It makes total sense if you listen to the interview.

John_Wayne
12-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Then it must not be the same interview that someone posted a link to earlier in the thread. Exactly.

penguinz
12-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Same interview. I just listened to the one I linked and they edited out the part where he mentions the radio shaow he had on 810.

Iowanian
12-08-2005, 03:00 PM
It'd be nice if 610 had a weblink so those of us out of town, would at least have the OPTION to try them instead of Keitzmanville.

kcfanXIII
12-08-2005, 03:05 PM
please, get over it. i flip between the two stations all afternoon. if you won't listne to 610 thats your problem.

jenniferm
12-08-2005, 03:17 PM
According to KK, they received a letter a few weeks ago saying they could no longer broadcast the PC since they sold the rights to another station. They decided not to fight it because it would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars (although if this was the constitutional crisis and journalism for sale he said it was I don't see why he wouldn't spend Jerry's money fighting it)

Anyway, on LJ segment a few weeks ago, LJ mentioned how the offense gets "cute" sometimes and something else that I can't remember. Well, there goes Bob off to the PC that day and blindsides DV with, "LJ says you guys get cute, what's your response". DV had no idea what he was talking about. That started this mess. The coward comment just opened the floodgates.

kcfanXIII
12-08-2005, 03:19 PM
you can tell this kid has been hangin with t rich. richerdson would be a great mentoir for any young player.
very professional lj, nice interview.
i liked the part about the raider fan with him on his fantasy team.

petegz28
12-08-2005, 03:44 PM
This was a truly great interview. If any of the LJ haters out there had a chance to hear it, they've either changed their minds or they're never going to like him no matter what he does -- that's a problem with THEM, not him.

Lj just wants to play. His demeanor will change some as he gets older and plays as the starter.

Iowanian
12-08-2005, 04:33 PM
According to KK, they received a letter a few weeks ago saying they could no longer broadcast the PC since they sold the rights to another station. They decided not to fight it because it would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars (although if this was the constitutional crisis and journalism for sale he said it was I don't see why he wouldn't spend Jerry's money fighting it)

Anyway, on LJ segment a few weeks ago, LJ mentioned how the offense gets "cute" sometimes and something else that I can't remember. Well, there goes Bob off to the PC that day and blindsides DV with, "LJ says you guys get cute, what's your response". DV had no idea what he was talking about. That started this mess. The coward comment just opened the floodgates.

Its nice of Kevin to send the new intern over to explain thiggmmmfff mmmmff fmmggmfffffff mmmmffff ngs.

SLAG
12-08-2005, 06:13 PM
you can tell this kid has been hangin with t rich. richerdson would be a great mentoir for any young player.
very professional lj, nice interview.
i liked the part about the raider fan with him on his fantasy team.

Yep

I think Everyone should have heard that interview...

It sums everything up

nascher
12-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Who really cares if he likes living in KC ?

And can somebody explain to me why the local media likes bashing LJ even if he performs extremly well ???

It's like they are trying to run him out of town to bash CP for his so "stupid" draftpick.

SLAG
12-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Who really cares if he likes living in KC ?

And can somebody explain to me why the local media likes bashing LJ even if he performs extremly well ???

It's like they are trying to run him out of town to bash CP for his so "stupid" draftpick.

I think its just that one dude that he wont talk to any more