PDA

View Full Version : SYRIANA

Simply Red
12-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Hey Movie Heads. This one I can't wait to see. How about you?

syrianamovie.warnerbros.com

Idahored
12-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Looks like another mean old bad bad company movie to me. I get tired of the same tired schtick.

Furthermore the premise that oil is running out and only the middle east has any is childish, but that is what usually comes out of Hollywood.

AZORChiefFan
12-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Looks like another mean old bad bad company movie to me. I get tired of the same tired schtick.

Furthermore the premise that oil is running out and only the middle east has any is childish, but that is what usually comes out of Hollywood.

This plot summary is from IMDB.

From writer/director Stephen Gaghan, winner of the Best Screenplay Academy Award for Traffic, comes Syriana, a political thriller that unfolds against the intrigue of the global oil industry. From the players brokering back-room deals in Washington to the men toiling in the oil fields of the Persian Gulf, the film's multiple storylines weave together to illuminate the human consequences of the fierce pursuit of wealth and power. As a career CIA operative (George Clooney) begins to uncover the disturbing truth about the work he has devoted his life to, an up-and-coming oil broker (Matt Damon) faces an unimaginable family tragedy and finds redemption in his partnership with an idealistic Gulf prince (Alexander Siddig). A corporate lawyer (Jeffrey Wright) faces a moral dilemma as he finesses the questionable merger of two powerful U.S. oil companies, while across the globe, a disenfranchised Pakistani teenager (Mazhar Munir) falls prey to the recruiting efforts of a charismatic cleric. Each plays their small part in the vast and complex system that powers the industry, unaware of the explosive impact their lives will have upon the world.

Looks like there is alot more to it.

John_Wayne
12-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Hey Movie Heads. This one I can't wait to see. How about you?

syrianamovie.warnerbros.com More liberal garbage from Hollywood. No thanks.

Simply Red
12-08-2005, 01:48 PM
More liberal garbage from Hollywood. No thanks.

I tend to agree with you to a degree. However, from only an entertainment stand-point it looks like it will be great.

mnchiefsguy
12-08-2005, 01:59 PM
i am a manager for a movie theatre, and watched this last night. It was very slow, and while the commercials portray George Clooney as the lead character, he really isnt. One of the films major flaws is that it seems to have no central characters, just a bunch of supporting roles. 1 1/2, maybe two stars out of four, at best. No real suspense or intrigue.

irishjayhawk
12-08-2005, 02:19 PM
i am a manager for a movie theatre, and watched this last night. It was very slow, and while the commercials portray George Clooney as the lead character, he really isnt. One of the films major flaws is that it seems to have no central characters, just a bunch of supporting roles. 1 1/2, maybe two stars out of four, at best. No real suspense or intrigue.
Thats a downer.

I figured since Hollywood hasn't been original in a while, this looked like the one that could spark the industry. (Ignoring any political agendas that people think Hollywood has or is portraying)

Simply Red
12-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Thats a downer.

I figured since Hollywood hasn't been original in a while, this looked like the one that could spark the industry. (Ignoring any political agendas that people think Hollywood has or is portraying)

DRAT!

KCChiefsMan
12-08-2005, 02:59 PM
ya this one looks pretty good, I'm looking forward to it

Rausch
12-08-2005, 03:02 PM

"Oil is evil. Americans who deal with oil are evil."

Deberg_1990
12-08-2005, 03:13 PM

Oil is evil.

Doing business with any oil companies is evil

George Bush doesnt like Black people

mikey23545
12-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Oil is evil.

Doing business with any oil companies is evil

George Bush doesnt like Black people

He does, however, like arab people.

PunkinDrublic
12-08-2005, 03:47 PM

From writer/director Stephen Gaghan, winner of the Best Screenplay Academy Award for Traffic, comes Syriana, a political thriller that unfolds against the intrigue of the global oil industry. From the players brokering back-room deals in Washington to the men toiling in the oil fields of the Persian Gulf, the film's multiple storylines weave together to illuminate the human consequences of the fierce pursuit of wealth and power. As a career CIA operative (George Clooney) begins to uncover the disturbing truth about the work he has devoted his life to, an up-and-coming oil broker (Matt Damon) faces an unimaginable family tragedy and finds redemption in his partnership with an idealistic Gulf prince (Alexander Siddig). A corporate lawyer (Jeffrey Wright) faces a moral dilemma as he finesses the questionable merger of two powerful U.S. oil companies, while across the globe, a disenfranchised Pakistani teenager (Mazhar Munir) falls prey to the recruiting efforts of a charismatic cleric. Each plays their small part in the vast and complex system that powers the industry, unaware of the explosive impact their lives will have upon the world.

Shhh don't say that. You don't want to take away the cons chance to give their liberal Hollywood rant that we've never heard before.

AZORChiefFan
12-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Here's an interview with Robert Baer the Ex CIA operative that wrote the book "See No Evil" which part of inspired the movie Syriana…

Baer Interview (http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=interviews&id=5140)

MOhillbilly
12-08-2005, 03:52 PM
the cinematography looks killer.

Simply Red
12-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Here's an interview with Robert Baer the Ex CIA operative that wrote the book "See No Evil" which part of inspired the movie Syriana…

Baer Interview (http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=interviews&id=5140)

Az you are good. You are good! Way to do your homework. Excellent work!!!! Let the "Fair and Balanced reader and viewer read for themselves!!!" You are GREAT MAN!!!

Frazod
12-08-2005, 11:12 PM
I noticed that the doctor from Deep Space Nine is in it. I never liked him.

TenLap
12-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Syriana would be a great stripper's name.