PDA

View Full Version : What is up with Da Bears?

Hydrae
12-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Orton has done nothing but win games. Now I am starting to hear all over the place that if Orton struggles this week against the Steelers in Pittsburgh he will probably be replaced by Grossman. I know Grossman was the apparent starter before the season started. Same as last year and the year before that. But at this point, Grossman is not the more experienced QB even though he has 3 years in the league compared to Orton being in his rookie year. Grossman has only started 6 games in those 3 years while Orton has now started 8 games in a row! Why would you change horses at this point in the season?

ChiefsfaninPA
12-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Because they are DA Bears and are not use to winning, so they figure why start now.

Saulbadguy
12-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Don't fool yourself. Orton is not winning games. The defense is winning games. Orton is doing enough not to lose games, which i'm sure Rex Grossman is capable of doing as well.

beer bacon
I think it may have something to do with Orton averaging 60 yards and two INTs a game.

Baby Lee
Imagine if Gannon had been the starter and been hurt in 97, and Grbac limped us along with 9-6 wins on the back of the defense. Now figure that the Bears expect more out of Grossman than we did out of either Gannon or Grbac.

PunkinDrublic
12-08-2005, 03:40 PM
I want the Steelers to lose but if they win it will go to show what an overhyped NFC team the Bears really are.

Dunit35
12-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Orton has done nothing but win games. Now I am starting to hear all over the place that if Orton struggles this week against the Steelers in Pittsburgh he will probably be replaced by Grossman. I know Grossman was the apparent starter before the season started. Same as last year and the year before that. But at this point, Grossman is not the more experienced QB even though he has 3 years in the league compared to Orton being in his rookie year. Grossman has only started 6 games in those 3 years while Orton has now started 8 games in a row! Why would you change horses at this point in the season?

See 2000-2001 Baltimore Ravens..and look up Trent Dilfer.

Mile High Mania
12-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Orton is a non-factor... he's not winning anything for that team.

tk13
12-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Yeah, they didn't even score an offensive touchdown last week against the lowly Packers. They have scored a lot of defensive TD's, or at least had their D put the O in position to score easy. Plus it's hard to put your playoff hopes on a rookie QB.

Dunit35
12-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Is Orton throwing a lot of INT's? If he is, Id see about Grossman, if hes not throwing INT's I wouldnt bench him. You dont fix something that isnt broke.

Hydrae
12-08-2005, 03:49 PM
See 2000-2001 Baltimore Ravens..and look up Trent Dilfer.

Exactly and what have the Ravens done since?

I just don't get the love for an obviously injury prone Grossman and the idea of changing horses at this point in the season.

HemiEd
12-08-2005, 03:50 PM
IIRC two weeks in a row the D turned the ball over to the Offense on the opponents one yard line. I think those were the only offensive TDs that were scored. I hear a lot of water cooler talk about them around here but do not watch them, so this information could be embellished.

Dunit35
12-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Exactly and what have the Ravens done since?

I just don't get the love for an obviously injury prone Grossman and the idea of changing horses at this point in the season.

This is the Bears year to shine, they better make the best of it. Teams will figure out how to beat this D/team next year.

And yes, the Ravens suck now, but that D carried their Super Bowl and any other playoff games they have won since. Dilfer just went on the dont make mistakes rule and it worked. I wouldnt put Grossman in there either, why would you? Let Orton struggle, hes not losing games for them.

JBucc
12-08-2005, 04:08 PM
I thought Grossman was doing pretty well when he played. Orton has plain sucked. I know he's won games but you should put Grossman in if you think it will improve the team.

duncan_idaho
12-08-2005, 04:18 PM
I'll tell you what's up... the Bears are trying to avoid losing their first playoff game at home, 7-6.

Yeah, that defense is great, but Seattle and New York both have good enough offenses to score 13-14 points against the Bears. The way Orton is playing, 10 might be enough to beat Chicago.

The Ravens won Trent Dilfer, but he was more experienced than Orton (and at least good enough to hit a downfield pass every now and then). THe Ravens also had a far superior back and offensive line.

KCChiefsFan88
12-08-2005, 04:20 PM
They are definately winning inspite of Orton.

Throwing for 68 yards, an interception and completing about 40% of your passes really can't be considered helping them win.

They are probably kicking themselves for not being more aggressive to sign a veteran QB. Imagine them with a veteran QB like Brad Johnson or Kurt Warner, they'd be legit Super Bowl contenders in the NFC IMO

Skip Towne
12-08-2005, 04:23 PM
I want the Steelers to lose but if they win it will go to show what an overhyped NFC team the Bears really are.
The Thieves are 6 point favorites.

Hoover
12-08-2005, 04:26 PM
I think its smart for the Bears to see if Grossman can spark the offense, they are already in the playoffs, so let Grossman see what he can do with a good running game and a good WR.

KCChiefsMan
12-08-2005, 05:22 PM
I think it's because Orton has the worst QB rating in the league, I bet they could go further with Grossman, he can air it out if he can ever stay healthy