PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Lost all my sound on the PC

C-Mac
12-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Seems to have started after using a news or funny video site that has the on board video players. First thing I noticed sound was that the sound was sped up then it got to where it would speed up and just fade off. Now I have nothing but the little beep speaker on the PC working. I click on my Volume Control icon and it says "There are no active mixer devices available". I tried to go to the Control Panel and just unistall the audio drivers but its not available on the right click???. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

HC_Chief
12-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Open Device Manager, remove your audio drivers, reboot. Download the latest drivers for your device and install them.

C-Mac
12-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Open Device Manager, remove your audio drivers, reboot. Download the latest drivers for your device and install them.

"Seems to have started after using a news or funny video site that has the on board video players. First thing I noticed sound was that the sound was sped up then it got to where it would speed up and just fade off. Now I have nothing but the little beep speaker on the PC working. I click on my Volume Control icon and it says "There are no active mixer devices available". I tried to go to the Control Panel and just unistall the audio drivers but its not available on the right click???. Any suggestions would be appreciated."

I meant to say Device Manager, any other suggestions?

SLAG
12-08-2005, 07:44 PM
"Seems to have started after using a news or funny video site that has the on board video players. First thing I noticed sound was that the sound was sped up then it got to where it would speed up and just fade off. Now I have nothing but the little beep speaker on the PC working. I click on my Volume Control icon and it says "There are no active mixer devices available". I tried to go to the Control Panel and just unistall the audio drivers but its not available on the right click???. Any suggestions would be appreciated."

I meant to say Device Manager, any other suggestions?

Just restart your PC first..

(just incase you have not done this)

if you have then restart in safe mode

remove the drivers and reboot in regular mode