PDA

View Full Version : Broncos defensive line coach Andre Patterson said...

Count Alex's Losses
12-08-2005, 11:15 PM
"You know they can't block us! Just let it happen."

Oopsie!

http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Staff%20Photos/patterson_andre_mug.jpg

cmh6476
12-08-2005, 11:16 PM

Oopsie!

http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Staff%20Photos/patterson_andre_mug.jpg

maybe he was talking about Jordan Black and Chris Bober? :shrug:

greg63
12-09-2005, 02:23 AM
If by "can't block" he means allowing Trent to shred their secondary, and allowing LJ to cram the ball down their throats; then I'd have to agree. :D

beer bacon
12-09-2005, 02:45 AM
The only time Trent's butt hit the ground was after he had scrambled for eight yards. I didn't even notice any serious pressure.

Guru
12-09-2005, 03:13 AM
maybe he was talking about Jordan Black and Chris Bober? :shrug:

What a loon. Only a Bronco would make an idiotic statement like that.ROFL

Crush
12-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Wasn't he the former Browns defensive line coach and Shanahan brought him in for the Browncos?

Count Alex's Losses
12-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Wasn't he the former Browns defensive line coach and Shanahan brought him in for the Browncos?

Yes.

Count Alex's Losses
12-09-2005, 09:56 AM
My guess...at the end of the season, Andre Patterson or Larry Coyer will be fired. Shanahan's always looking for scapegoat. In the past it was Brian Griese, Greg Robinson and Ray Rhodes.

Stinger
12-09-2005, 10:02 AM

Oopsie!

What next??? Oh I know a defensive coach will say "that the Chiefs offensive line can only hold and foul they are not that good."

Wait .... What??? They said that last year befor the game in Dec? Well I am at a loss then.

vailpass
12-09-2005, 11:00 AM
My guess...at the end of the season, Andre Patterson or Larry Coyer will be fired. Shanahan's always looking for scapegoat. In the past it was Brian Griese, Greg Robinson and Ray Rhodes.

Denver is 9-3 and leading the AFC West. Why would Shannahan need a scapegoat? Losing a game to KC at Arrowhead is not the cataclysmic event you seem to think goatcheese, there are 15 other games on the schedule.

Count Alex's Losses
12-09-2005, 11:01 AM
Denver is 9-3 and leading the AFC West. Why would Shannahan need a scapegoat? Losing a game to KC at Arrowhead is not the cataclysmic event you seem to think goatcheese, there are 15 other games on the schedule.

It's clear Denver is headed for the same outcome as the last two seasons: getting raped by Indy in the playoffs.

And that's the BEST-CASE scenario.

I'll eat my crow if it doesn't happen.

vailpass
12-09-2005, 11:02 AM
It's clear Denver is headed for the same outcome as the last two seasons: getting raped by Indy in the playoffs.

And that's the BEST-CASE scenario.

I'll eat my crow if it doesn't happen.

Beats the shit out of heading for the same outcome KC has had for the last 30 seasons.

Again: why would Shanny need a scapegoat for this season?

Rain Man
12-09-2005, 11:03 AM
The whole defense came off saying, "They're double-teaming us on every play! I can't believe it! How are they doing that?"

Count Alex's Losses
12-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Beats the shit out of heading for the same outcome KC has had for the last 30 seasons.

Take your deflections to the Orange Mane where they belong.

You'd have to ask him. Why he's unwilling to take the blame is beyond me.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-09-2005, 11:23 AM
gochiefs owns bronco fans.

Rain Man
12-09-2005, 11:45 AM

Starting 9-2 and then missing the playoffs? That's going to implode the whole franchise.

vailpass
12-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Take your deflections to the Orange Mane where they belong.

You'd have to ask him. Why he's unwilling to take the blame is beyond me.

Deflections? Not from me boy and you know it. I realize your sole pleasure in life is to broadcast football opinions from your parent's basement as though you had actually ever played a down in your life. It makes you feel like one of the guys instead of your mommy's dress manikin(ouch mom, you stuck me again. - Then hold still.)

I'm content with letting you live out your charade because it helps you forget you are are a 30 year old virgin whose closest encounter with pussy is a battered old wookie doll whose fur is permanently matted in all the wrong places.

However that detante ceases to be when you turn your book-read football "knowledge" on me; trying to act like the son your father never had. I will not take any crap from some underweight, pale skinned, home schooled intraweb nerd regardless of how much pity and horror I feel for his life situation.

Do what you like, take your sorry ass back to whatever water-sport web site you frequent and continue trying to channel the force or whatever else it is you are in to but stay the **** away from me.

Dunit35
12-09-2005, 11:51 AM
gochiefs owns bronco fans.

GC owns everybody.

htismaqe
12-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Nobody wants read this.

We have the Cowboys in two days.

vailpass
12-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Nobody wants read this.

We have the Cowboys in two days.
:cuss: :banghead:

BigMeatballDave
12-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Deflections? Not from me boy and you know it. I realize your sole pleasure in life is to broadcast football opinions from your parent's basement as though you had actually ever played a down in your life. It makes you feel like one of the guys instead of your mommy's dress manikin(ouch mom, you stuck me again. - Then hold still.)

I'm content with letting you live out your charade because it helps you forget you are are a 30 year old virgin whose closest encounter with pussy is a battered old wookie doll whose fur is permanently matted in all the wrong places.

However that detante ceases to be when you turn your book-read football "knowledge" on me; trying to act like the son your father never had. I will not take any crap from some underweight, pale skinned, home schooled intraweb nerd regardless of how much pity and horror I feel for his life situation.

Do what you like, take your sorry ass back to whatever water-sport web site you frequent and continue trying to channel the force or whatever else it is you are in to but stay the **** away from me.Yeah, it must sting a little when GC OWNS you...
ROFL

BigMeatballDave
12-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Nobody wants read this.

We have the Cowboys in two days.Awesome...
ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
12-09-2005, 11:58 AM

Do what you like, take your sorry ass back to whatever water-sport web site you frequent and continue trying to channel the force or whatever else it is you are in to but stay the **** away from me.

More deflection.... ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
12-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Yeah, it must sting a little when GC OWNS you...
ROFL

That is standard vailpass strategy. When you can't win, flame away.

vailpass
12-09-2005, 12:05 PM
That is standard vailpass strategy. When you can't win, flame away.

Win what? This is the internet not real life; which is why someone like you can act like they know football without being pummeled and thrown out of the room.
I hardly feel the need to compete against some message board's pet retard.
They aint laughin' with ya' cheese they're laughin' at ya'.

Count Alex's Losses
12-09-2005, 12:06 PM
I hardly feel the need to compete against some message board's pet retard.

You're competing with yourself?

Sully
12-09-2005, 12:07 PM
heh heh... he said wookie...

Mark M
12-09-2005, 12:07 PM
I realize your sole pleasure in life is to broadcast football opinions from your parent's basement as though you had actually ever played a down in your life.

So when, exactly, did you play in the NFL?

Or is a previous career in football only needed if a person is a Chiefs fan?

MM
~~:hmmm:

vailpass
12-09-2005, 12:08 PM
You're competing with yourself?

Did you just say " I know you are but what am I"?

Holy god.

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 12:10 PM

Run along now... nlm

vailpass
12-09-2005, 12:11 PM
So when, exactly, did you play in the NFL?

Or is a previous career in football only needed if a person is a Chiefs fan?

MM
~~:hmmm:

Who said anything about playing in the NFL or a career in football?
I said "ever played a down in your life" which means that at no point, not neighborhood league, not Pop Warner, not junior high, high school, juco or college, did he play a down of football.

Someone who fits that description, whose only knowledge and feel for the game comes from a book or watching others play, cannot possibly have the same grasp and feel for the game as someone who has participated at some point on some level.

Count Alex's Losses
12-09-2005, 12:13 PM
someone who has participated at some point on some level.

Like Andre Patterson?

Mark M
12-09-2005, 12:15 PM
I said "ever played a down in your life" which means that at no point, not neighborhood league, not Pop Warner, not junior high, high school, juco or college, did he play a down of football.

Someone who fits that description, whose only knowledge and feel for the game comes from a book or watching others play, cannot possibly have the same grasp and feel for the game as someone who has participated at some point on some level.

Ahh ... so since I once scored 4TDs in a Greek flag football game (and 20 in a 6-game season) I'm all good.

Kewl ...

MM
~~:thumb: ;)

jspchief
12-09-2005, 12:17 PM

Someone who fits that description, whose only knowledge and feel for the game comes from a book or watching others play, cannot possibly have the same grasp and feel for the game as someone who has participated at some point on some level.I've never played a down of football in my life. I can't even throw a football. Seriously.

I guess I'll take my posts to a watersports BB.

dirk digler
12-09-2005, 12:19 PM
I've never played a down of football in my life. I can't even throw a football. Seriously.

Really?

My 11 yr old can throw a football.

:p

jspchief
12-09-2005, 12:23 PM
Really?

My 11 yr old can throw a football.

:pWell, I can make a football fly through the air in a semi spiral rotation, but relatively speaking, we're all better off if I don't attempt it. :)

dirk digler
12-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Well, I can make a football fly through the air in a semi spiral rotation, but relatively speaking, we're all better off if I don't attempt it. :)

No wonder you didn't play catch with us at Joe's.

jspchief
12-09-2005, 12:32 PM
No wonder you didn't play catch with us at Joe's.:thumb:

Although there were a few guys there that weren't much better at it than me. :)

Sully
12-09-2005, 12:33 PM
I can throw a ball, football or baseball, but for some reason, no matter how strong or weak I am, I have never been able to throw them any distance at all. I used to be fairly strong, and even then, about 20-25 yards ws the best I could do. The spiral isn't the problem... just distance.

dirk digler
12-09-2005, 12:35 PM
:thumb:

Although there were a few guys there that weren't much better at it than me. :)

True.

I can throw a nice pass but it only goes 15-25 yds. I have no arm strength that is why I let Coach and his brother throw most of the time.

vailpass
12-09-2005, 01:04 PM
I've never played a down of football in my life. I can't even throw a football. Seriously.

Shit. I was pointing my smack-crap only at goatcheese; sorry to offend anyone else. You are an enthusiastic and knowledgeable fan please don't think I was saying anything different.