PDA

View Full Version : Unexplainable

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 09:30 AM
What is the most unexplainable or weirdest thing that has ever happened to you or that you've seen with your own two eyes? This is a spin off the Insane Assylum thread. Just curious about your experience with things of this or other nature....

Rain Man
12-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Okay, it's not huge, but I have to say this. We used to keep our company fax machine on top of a file cabinet. If we received a long fax, sometimes the incoming paper would get pushed off the top of the filing cabinet. The geometry was just right where the first sheet of paper would usually fall off the top and then float back and wedge itself into the tiny narrow slit between the second drawer and the frame.

You're probably looking for a bigger picture experience than that, but I had to share it.

mlyonsd
12-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Lightening in a driving snow storm when the ground is already white. It's not unexplainable but freaky.

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 09:39 AM
Okay, it's not huge, but I have to say this. We used to keep our company fax machine on top of a file cabinet. If we received a long fax, sometimes the incoming paper would get pushed off the top of the filing cabinet. The geometry was just right where the first sheet of paper would usually fall off the top and then float back and wedge itself into the tiny narrow slit between the second drawer and the frame.

You're probably looking for a bigger picture experience than that, but I had to share it.
ROFL

Sully
12-09-2005, 09:39 AM
My fiance is hot, smart, and not blind at all.

Extra Point
12-09-2005, 09:40 AM
When I get real drunk, these friggin' gnomes always misplace my stuff, rub stink under my arms, and make me get up late. PMO!

Rain Man
12-09-2005, 09:42 AM
I've told the story before, but I was on a car ride in rural India in the middle of the night when we had a flat tire. At 3:00 in the morning, the driver rolled into a mud hut village and the guy who fixes tires was just hanging out on the side of the road. A whole bunch of people gathered around the car, and the first thing that the tire fixer did was get a bunch of folding chairs. Then everyone sat around in a big circle watching the guy fix the tire. It was one of those times when you say to yourself, "How the heck did I end up here?"

Rain Man
12-09-2005, 09:43 AM

Okay, I can't top that.

REDHOTGTO
12-09-2005, 09:46 AM
a few years ago we had a huge explosion in town and 2 blocks away was this store with a glass front. hanging in the window was a wind sock made of cloth. when the explosion hit the glass came out of the frame partially, the wind sock was pulled halfway outside, then the glass went right back into its frame!!!it was left hanging half out and half in, wierd enough????????? :)

Mr. Kotter
12-09-2005, 09:47 AM
I've posted the full story before....but as a college sophomore in 1983, me and a bunch of drunk college buddies crashed the annual Halloween devil worshipping ceremony in Stull, KS. We made it to within 150 yds or so of the freak's chanting to weird music in the cemetery....before being spotted, and getting run off into a high speed car chase all the way back to Lawrence....

I had been skeptical of the whole thing, and we decided to see if they were for real; and they were. I certainly didn't expect a 100 mph "chase" back to Lawrence, during which they tried to run us off the road with their Cherokee. Thank God for muscle cars, otherwise they'd have probably succeeded... :shake:

It was spooky as hell. It was a good thing all but the driver had been drinking....he refuses to discuss the whole thing, to this day.

Crush
12-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Carl actually had a good draft pick with Larry Johnson. I know, I'm as freaked out as you guys are.

Count Zarth
12-09-2005, 09:49 AM
That's really cool, Kotter. I'd like to experience something like that one day. I remember your thread, too.

Mr. Kotter
12-09-2005, 09:49 AM

Supposedly, all gay men fit that description, according to disgruntled single women.

KCTitus
12-09-2005, 09:54 AM
I really can't explain what I saw...it was just too weird and I was at a loss for words to explain the level of 'weirdness', but I do have a link...

Click only if you dare--dont worry, it's totally safe for work:

Weird Site (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130846)

Mr. Kotter
12-09-2005, 09:55 AM
That's really cool, Kotter. I'd like to experience something like that one day. I remember your thread, too.

To this day, I get chills and goosebumps thinkin' about it....it was the freakiest thing I've ever experienced--especially, now, considering all the stuff you can read on the internet about Stull, KS.

I suspect much of it is urban legend, another chunk of it is embellished drunken college kid stories, and a bit of it probably based in fact. It was really spooky though, and I'm not at all the superstitious type.

FTR, paganism and the occult does engage in some weird practices and ceremonies, so as far as what I saw....it was nothing really unusual. It's all the stories surrounding those activities that are really eerie, but I don't think much of it is probably "real."

foxman
12-09-2005, 09:56 AM
It is unexplainable....otherwise I would, but not in the thread because it would then be explainable.

Crush
12-09-2005, 09:57 AM
I really can't explain what I saw...it was just too weird and I was at a loss for words to explain the level of 'weirdness', but I do have a link...

Weird Site (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130846)

ROFL Rep

joesomebody
12-09-2005, 09:57 AM
This is stupid but here goes...

When I was in first grade, my parents moved us to a town of about 1200 people, which was about 8 times the size of the town we had been living in... but anyway they had purchased a farm, and the farm house was a large 2 story brick house that was built in the 1820s that sat way up on a hill.

The house had been abandoned since the 1960s and had been a popular party spot for the local high schoolers, and of course was said to be haunted. Story has it that it was a hospital during the Civil War (Glasgow MO, did have a civil war battle)

Anyway, I was however old a first grader is and my baby brother had just gotten a new toy that would play "Take me out to the Ball Game" when you pressed a button on the toy.

My mom and baby brother were upstairs sleeping, my dad and older brother weren't in the house, and I beleive were out cutting fire wood.

I was on the other side of the house and kept hearing that damn toy playing the song over and over again. Finally I get sick of it, and go into the kitchen where the toy was, and as soon as I step over the threshold into the kitchen, the toy stops. I go over to the toy and press the button, and the toy no longer works.

I'm freaked out, so I go upstairs and sit in a chair that is right in front of an upstairs window. I'm sitting there thinking how freaky that was when behind me something starts scratching on the screen of the window... Nothing is there when I turn around and look.

Now I'm really scared, so I go to my baby brothers room (where I was sleeping also because my room hadn't been remodeled yet) and lay on the mattress that was my temporary bed.

Not only do I start hearing footsteps, like someone walking in the room, but I can FEEL the floor vibrations of someone walking, yet I was the only one in the room.

That's my story, and while I was young and had an overactive imagination, I still find that the freakiest thing I can recall.

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 09:58 AM
To this day, I get chills and goosebumps thinkin' about it....it was the freakiest thing I've ever experienced--especially, now, considering all the stuff you can read on the internet about Stull, KS.

I suspect much of it is urban legend, another chunk of it is embellished drunken college kid stories, and a bit of it probably based in fact. It was really spooky though, and I'm not at all the superstitious type.

FTR, paganism and members of the occult does engage in some weird practices and ceremonies, so as far as what I saw....it was nothing really unusual. It's all the stories surrounding those activities that are really eerie, but I don't think much of it is probably "real."

Ask anyone who spent any time in Blue Springs about Selsa rd. sometime...

Count Zarth
12-09-2005, 09:59 AM
One time an alien came into my house and started posting on Chiefsplanet.

Mr. Kotter
12-09-2005, 10:01 AM

REALLY, REALLY spooky site (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)

What a bunch of FREAKS!!! :eek:

Rain Man
12-09-2005, 10:04 AM
One time an alien came into my house and started posting on Chiefsplanet.

Was his name Juan?

Baby Lee
12-09-2005, 10:06 AM
When I was returning from a docket, I was entering Big Derrty from the south, northbound on I-55. By Ballas, the hwy is wide open across a 2 mile valley. In the fast lane, there had been an accident, and there were numerous police on scene. A full-size Fire Department pumper parked sideways blocking the two leftmost lanes, and there were 2-3 police cars parked in front of it. All had their lights on. There were 10+ EMS personnel milling about the accident and in the median. Naturally, traffic funneled into the rightmost lane. Then I notice out the corner of my eye, a pickup flying by in the fast lane, the driver chatting with the passenger. Evidently he didn't see the situation, as he plowed into the squad cars at 70mph.

acasas4
12-09-2005, 10:07 AM
I've posted the full story before....but as a college sophomore in 1983, me and a bunch of drunk college buddies crashed the annual Halloween devil worshipping ceremony in Stull, KS. We made it to within 150 yds or so of the freak's chanting to weird music in the cemetery....before being spotted, and getting run off into a high speed car chase all the way back to Lawrence....

I had been skeptical of the whole thing, and we decided to see if they were for real; and they were. I certainly didn't expect a 100 mph "chase" back to Lawrence, during which they tried to run us off the road with their Cherokee. Thank God for muscle cars, otherwise they'd have probably succeeded... :shake:

It was spooky as hell. It was a good thing all but the driver had been drinking....he refuses to discuss the whole thing, to this day.Do you think we...er I mean they might still be looking for you after all these years? Where exactly are you located?

SCChief
12-09-2005, 10:07 AM
When my oldest daughter was 6 months old, my wife and I took her to the mall with us. Since we did not have a stroller for her at the time, one of us had to carry her at all times. We decided to stop in the food court at Arbys and grab something to eat. I decided to hold the baby while my wife ate, then I was going to pass her to my wife so I could eat. Out of nowhere, this old lady (probably weighed about 300 pounds, and walked with a cane) came up to us and started cooing at my daughter. She offered to hold my daughter so we could both eat. We were leery, but gave the baby to the woman. My daughter cooed at this woman and smiled, and fell asleep in the arms of a stranger (this was a first for her... she was distrustful of strangers at a young age). After Selena and I were done eating, Selena offered to buy the old woman something to eat in thanks for her giving us a chance to eat. The woman smiled and said "No thanks. But you two should be very careful to protect this little angel... she is destined for great things." We took the baby back from her, and turned around to pick up our stuff. When we turned back around, not 15 seconds later... the old woman was gone. This was an open food court... there was no place for her to vanish to, especially walking with a cane and as large as she was.

My oldest daughter has ALWAYS lived a charmed life like that... walking away unscratched from situations where she should have gotten hurt.

God I miss my children...

Seek
12-09-2005, 10:08 AM
The greatest unsolved mystery of all times. Where is the womans pee hole.

Count Zarth
12-09-2005, 10:09 AM
Was his name Juan?

His name was XLIBUTSCRALE.

Donger
12-09-2005, 10:10 AM
When I was returning from a docket, I was entering Big Derrty from the south, northbound on I-55. By Ballas, the hwy is wide open across a 2 mile valley. In the fast lane, there had been an accident, and there were numerous police on scene. A full-size Fire Department pumper parked sideways blocking the two leftmost lanes, and there were 2-3 police cars parked in front of it. All had their lights on. There were 10+ EMS personnel milling about the accident and in the median. Naturally, traffic funneled into the rightmost lane. Then I notice out the corner of my eye, a pickup flying by in the fast lane, the driver chatting with the passenger. Evidently he didn't see the situation, as we plowed into the squad cars at 70mph.

Force = Mass x Acceleration.

Seek
12-09-2005, 10:10 AM
There is an actual gravel road just West of Atchison, that no matter what time of year, when driving in the dark, there is always a small patch of FOG at the bottom of the hill. Literally The patch is only about three feet wide at the most.

I had a girl friend that lived a couple miles away from there, she had me drive by there. She warned me of it before we got there, and told me that they have even studied this and they can't explain it. I didn't think she was the brightest girl around, and said, DUH it is a gravel road. it is just dust. As you drive over the hill, it literally looks like a ghost or something is flying at you. I even got out of the car to see it, but you have to be shining your lights directly on it to see it, and it was not dust.

I then went back there almost a year later with some drinking buddies, and it still showed up. That was the night that Atchison had one of the worst Ice storms ever, and it was still there in freezing rain.

Count Zarth
12-09-2005, 10:12 AM
That is creepy.

Donger
12-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Stull, eh? I went there twice in the late 1980s. Never again.

Count Zarth
12-09-2005, 10:15 AM

Let's hear the stories.

chiefsfaninNC
12-09-2005, 10:16 AM

You need to quickly make another post. Your post count is 666

Mr. Kotter
12-09-2005, 10:16 AM

What's your story....seriously. I'd love to hear it. :hmmm:

I'll look through the archives for my original post and story, but if I can't find it....I may find time to write it up again later.

Donger
12-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Let's hear the stories.

Let's just say that I'm not a big believer in such things, but that place is simply evil. My brother and I went there together, he being really into that kind of stuff. We went up to the church and started looking around for all the rumored stuff. We found all the bottles, unbroken of course. We tried to break them against the church, and sure enough we couldn't.

It was delightful winter day in Kansas, probably 10 degrees F, if that. I started to get little cocky, and told the devil to show himself if he had the balls. I immediately became so warm that sweat started dripping off my forehead. I was a little freaked out, because it seemed that I had stepped into an oven. My brother was on the other side of the church, and I called out to him. Sure enough, his eyes were as wide as saucers and he was also sweating profusely. We bugged out. Unfortunately, as we hurried down the hill towards his car, we noticed that it was on fire.

ptlyon
12-09-2005, 10:23 AM
I'll look through the archives for my original post and story, but if I can't find it....I may find time to write it up again later.

Please, don't.

Count Zarth
12-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Let's just say that I'm not a big believer in such things, but that place is simply evil. My brother and I went there together, he being really into that kind of stuff. We went up to the church and started looking around for all the rumored stuff. We found all the bottles, unbroken of course. We tried to break them against the church, and sure enough we couldn't.

It was delightful winter day in Kansas, probably 10 degrees F, if that. I started to get little cocky, and told the devil to show himself if he had the balls. I immediately became so warm that sweat started dripping off my forehead. I was a little freaked out, because it seemed that I had stepped into an oven. My brother was on the other side of the church, and I called out to him. Sure enough, his eyes were as wide as saucers and he was also sweating profusely. We bugged out. Unfortunately, as we hurried down the hill towards his car, we noticed that it was on fire.

Uh...are you serious? I can't tell.

Donger
12-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Uh...are you serious? I can't tell.

Yes, I'm serious.

Count Zarth
12-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Yes, I'm serious.

You car was on fire?

Donger
12-09-2005, 10:44 AM
You car was on fire?

No. His car was on fire.

Mr. Kotter
12-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Please, don't.

Okay.

Psssstttt......you wouldn't have to read it, you know. :)

Count Zarth
12-09-2005, 10:46 AM
No. His car was on fire.

So that was your only visit?

jynni
I'd say the creepiest thing I ever personally "saw" was the Spook Light down near Joplin.

I think it's actually called the Hornet Spook Light and is really just over the Oklahoma border.

We went to the designated spot where there were already a few cars parked - and people standing outside watching It.

The light looks like the glow from a lantern and it sways as if somone was walking with it. You can watch it come closer and closer and just when you think it's only twenty feet away, all of a sudden it's a quarter mile away at the top of the hill.

After some of the other watchers had left, we drove to the top of the hill - someone had told us that It "likes brakelights". Our driver stops, flashing the brakelights. When he lets off the light appears maybe twenty-thirty feet behind the car. Repeat a few times with the light getting closer after each time we brake.

When the light finally showed up within a foot of the bumper, we all freaked and hightailed it outta there.

Rain Man
Okay.

Psssstttt......you wouldn't have to read it, you know. :)

Actually, I think he's still in his probationary period at chiefsplanet. He has to read every post to prepare for the exam.

Donger
12-09-2005, 10:48 AM
So that was your only visit?

No. But that was the last.

Mr. Kotter
Actually, I think he's still in his probationary period at chiefsplanet. He has to read every post to prepare for the exam.

Hmmmm... He didn't strike me as the shortbus type who'd have a problem passing that exam..... :hmmm:

Count Zarth
I'd say the creepiest thing I ever personally "saw" was the Spook Light down near Joplin.

I think it's actually called the Hornet Spook Light and is really just over the Oklahoma border.

We went to the designated spot where there were already a few cars parked - and people standing outside watching It.

The light looks like the glow from a lantern and it sways as if somone was walking with it. You can watch it come closer and closer and just when you think it's only twenty feet away, all of a sudden it's a quarter mile away at the top of the hill.

After some of the other watchers had left, we drove to the top of the hill - someone had told us that It "likes brakelights". Our driver stops, flashing the brakelights. When he lets off the light appears maybe twenty-thirty feet behind the car. Repeat a few times with the light getting closer after each time we brake.

When the light finally showed up within a foot of the bumper, we all freaked and hightailed it outta there.

Wow. Is that anywhere near Springfield? I visit there and Republic every year pretty much. I'd like to see that.

Count Zarth
12-09-2005, 10:49 AM
No. But that was the last.

What about the other visit?

Rain Man
12-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Hmmmm... He didn't strike me as the shortbus type who'd have a problem passing that exam..... :hmmm:

He didn't? That's unexplainable.

Donger
12-09-2005, 10:50 AM
What about the other visit?

I was dating a rather odd girl that liked giving blowjobs in strange places.

Sully
12-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Did you just grab my ass?

Rain Man
12-09-2005, 10:52 AM

I thought there was only one place.

Donger
12-09-2005, 10:53 AM
I thought there was only one place.

Well, it is a three piece set.

Sully
12-09-2005, 10:54 AM

Like the back seat of a Volkswagon?
Wait, that's a "guy who likes to have sex in an uncomfortable place."

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=jynni]I'd say the creepiest thing I ever personally "saw" was the Spook Light down near Joplin.

Ohh yes. I remember hearing about the "Spook-light". My dad grew up in Carthage, Mo. and that is big. It is believed to be a reflection of the atmosphere back down. Sorta like the northern lights...

Donger
12-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Like the back seat of a Volkswagon?
Wait, that's a "guy who likes to have sex in an uncomfortable place."

Let's just say that she was pretty kinky and liked the thrill of giving BJs in naughty locations. She really was a freak; cute as could be but still a freak. In fact, just before I achieved orgasm, she stopped and said, "Here come the demons!"

Weirdo.

jynni
12-09-2005, 11:01 AM
Wow. Is that anywhere near Springfield? I visit there and Republic every year pretty much. I'd like to see that.

I think Joplin is like 30-45 mins from Springfield. I'd have no idea how to find the thing again though. We had to take several different backroads to the middle of nowhere.

Hornet Spook Light (http://www.prairieghosts.com/devprom.html), That site has good info.

Mr. Kotter
12-09-2005, 11:01 AM
Let's just say that she was pretty kinky and liked the thrill of giving BJs in naughty locations. She really was a freak; cute as could be but still a freak. In fact, just before I achieved orgasm, she stopped and said, "Here come the demons!"

Weirdo.

No kidding? Wow, she was STILL in Lawrence in the late 80s, eh? :hmmm:

Count Zarth
12-09-2005, 11:02 AM
I really want to visit Stull, Kansas.

I don't know if you can get into the church area anymore. There's supposedly a chain-link fence.

Donger
12-09-2005, 11:02 AM
No kidding? Wow, she was STILL in Lawrence in the late 80s, eh? :hmmm:

Possibly. Although this gal was right off the farm, and barely 18, or so she said.

Donger
12-09-2005, 11:03 AM

I don't know if you can get into the church area anymore. There's supposedly a chain-link fence.

I heard that the church is gone now, at least the remaining walls.

Pants
12-09-2005, 11:06 AM
No offense Donger, but that sounds like a bunch of bullshit.

Donger
12-09-2005, 11:07 AM

What? I used to get tons of blowjobs.

Count Zarth

Russia.

Mr. Kotter

Google it, gc. Stull, Kansas and Satan....will get you a lot of interesting/spooky stories.

I heard that the church is gone now, at least the remaining walls.

Yup. Someone, unauthorized, bull-dozed the joint in the middle of the night a few years back......

an excerpt from one of the sites:

Update: Added April 2002 -

According to the Lawrence (Kansas) newspaper, the Journal-World, the old stone church was mysterious torn down on Friday, March 29, 2002. A man named Major Weiss, who owns the property, along with two other people (who he declined to name) said that he did not authorize the abandoned church to be destroyed. Those who live nearby stated that they were also unaware of the demolition, although one of them did say that a wall of the church had collapsed about two weeks before.

The spooky church is no more... although the reputation of Stull Cemetery still remains!

phisherman
12-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Ask anyone who spent any time in Blue Springs about Selsa rd. sometime...

i'm from indep, didn't live too far from selsa...

what's the stories? my brothers went there when i was really little and never saw anything...most of the stories revolved around dewitt road, which is just north of 39th on selsa...

they went all the way to the back and all they saw was a really small broken down shed across the little blue

nothing too scary, just an old rutted road w/ trees overhanging

bp

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 11:26 AM
i'm from indep, didn't live too far from selsa...

what's the stories? my brothers went there when i was really little and never saw anything...most of the stories revolved around dewitt road, which is just north of 39th on selsa...

they went all the way to the back and all they saw was a really small broken down shed across the little blue

nothing too scary, just an old rutted road w/ trees overhanging

bp

Well every telephone pole used to have a sarcastic cross painted on it.
What I am about to tell you is true. I swear it. One time when I was a senior my friend and i were headed out of Blue Springs and had just got a soda or something at QT on Woods Chapel and Valley View rd. (which coinsides w/ Selsa) We were headed west on VVR and not more than 100 yards from QT I spotted a lady on the side of the road. Something strange looking about her. Something EVIL. So I told my friend to turn around. We slowed down. I saw her face profile. She was talking to herself and holding a book flat in her hand. She seemed almost in a trance of somesort. She looked like Laura in Little hs on the pr. rolled in dirt. We went to QT because we assumed that was were she was headed. We talked to the clerks at QT they said she comes in all the time and is crazy.

Also I heard there were all kinds of negative forums happening on Selsa. A driver was evidentially shot in the head in the mid 80's there.

Another nice spot is Quarry road off 40 hwy. in Blue Springs. That is erie. Never investigated to much though. Little if any rumors circle Quarry Rd.

phisherman
12-09-2005, 11:33 AM
i remember the crosses on the poles...shit, they're probably still there..

remember the big white building on the SE corner of selsa and I-70? rumors circulated when i was a kid that a cult lived there, sounded like typical kid urban legend crap, but we went up there after it burned and saw some weird stuff, by that time, people were using it for paintball

bp

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 11:37 AM
i remember the crosses on the poles...shit, they're probably still there..

remember the big white building on the SE corner of selsa and I-70? rumors circulated when i was a kid that a cult lived there, sounded like typical kid urban legend crap, but we went up there after it burned and saw some weird stuff, by that time, people were using it for paintball

bp

Could actually be urban legend kid crap. But that Lady I saw was real. And did look real evil. I am tellin ya Phisherman.

Funny my Grandmother lived off of Seminole rd in Independence. Dont remember the subdivision. However seems like I heard about Selsa road mostly by neighborhood independence kids.

phisherman
12-09-2005, 11:40 AM
i also remember some creepy old train bridges off of selsa that were good places to drink when i was a kid...

speaking of creepy places in blue springs, ever go to lobb cemetery?

bp

Sully
12-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Speaking of urban legend in Independence.. did you all ever hear about the house across the street from the airport being a whorehouse, just because they had that red curtain?
I never knew if that was real or not. We drive by there going to the Little League football fields, and I still always wonder.

jynni
12-09-2005, 11:45 AM
I'm confused - the only thing on Selsa road that I know of is Tri-City (Church & school). At first I thought much of the cult talk was jokes about that place but I'm guessing there is something else? On a different part of the road?

I drove on that section (from 39th St, south to the exit past 40hwy) of Selsa road every school day for three years and never saw anything odd.

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 11:45 AM
i also remember some creepy old train bridges off of selsa that were good places to drink when i was a kid...

bp

No believe it or not. Tell me more :shake:

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 11:47 AM
I'm confused - the only thing on Selsa road that I know of is Tri-City (Church & school). At first I thought much of the cult talk was jokes about that place but I'm guessing there is something else? On a different part of the road?

I drove on that section (from 39th St, south to the exit past 40hwy) of Selsa road every school day for three years and never saw anything odd.

JUST SMILE AND CONSIDER YOURSELF. LUCKY. LOL

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 11:47 AM

JY,

Remember now this was 14 or 15 yrs ago...

Sully
12-09-2005, 11:48 AM
That was my Independence High School days as well, and I don't remember it either. And I lived fairly close to there.

phisherman
12-09-2005, 11:52 AM
he's right...the buildings i'm referring to have been gone for probably ten years....

i was running around them in 92-95 so you must remember, that whole area has exploded w/ commerce...

lobb cemetery is way back off of crenshaw and r.d. mize, it's hard as hell to find...we also heard stories of farmers growing dope around the area...we used to love to go there and strand our friends...gosh we were assholes then....the memories

bp

jynni
12-09-2005, 11:54 AM
JY,

Remember now this was 14 or 15 yrs ago...
I'm guessing it might've been before the church was built then? Tri -City bought the land in '84, started building in '88 and I think opened the current building in late '89.

Would be interesting if the weird stuff quit happening once the Tri-Citians set up shop...

phisherman
12-09-2005, 11:55 AM
i'd say that may be right, there also used to be an old abandoned house that sat up behind the tri-city church right on the bluffs of the little blue...it was really creepy, but fell in on itself when i was like 13, that would've been 1989 or 1990... the old white building that burnt down was on the opposite side of selsa as tri-city, right after you crossed I-70

bp

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 11:59 AM
he's right...the buildings i'm referring to have been gone for probably ten years....

i was running around them in 92-95 so you must remember, that whole area has exploded w/ commerce...

lobb cemetery is way back off of crenshaw and r.d. mize, it's hard as hell to find...we also heard stories of farmers growing dope around the area...we used to love to go there and strand our friends...gosh we were assholes then....the memories

bp

Yeah RD Mize and Pot Plants ring a bell. Cemetary? HHMMM.... You know that is a fragment of dust in my memory bank. But there is something there. Something. I thing as a very distant memory I can tie a graveyard with RD Mize. closer to Woods Chapel or Seven?

Sully
12-09-2005, 12:01 PM
I'm pretty sure I've been to that cemetary. But i just vaguely recall going there once. Sounds like we were all running around there at basically the same time.

phisherman
12-09-2005, 12:03 PM
well, since r.d. mize turns into woods chapel basically, it's closer to woods chapel, you need to turn north off of r.d. mize at crenshaw, then take the 2nd right(i think), it turns through a failrly new subdivision, but then goes way back into the sticks...the cemetery sits up on a hill, it's got some VERY old stones in it

bp

phisherman
12-09-2005, 12:03 PM
sully, you a truman kid, blue springer, or a chrisman kid?

bp

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm pretty sure I've been to that cemetary. But i just vaguely recall going there once. Sounds like we were all running around there at basically the same time.

Yeah no money boring town you had to kind of create fun sometimes. Sort of sad when you really think about it. But hell. We didn't know any better...

Fun was sneaking a little or a lot of beer when you were 17 or 18 and going to perkins or seven hwy. movie theatre.

I tell ya not to get off the subject. Do you remeber York Steak house in Ind. Center? Used to love that place when I was REAL young

KCTitus
12-09-2005, 12:05 PM

Not to go off on a tangent here, but I had the unfortunate experience of being put in the Tri City school in 7th and 8th grade. Possibly the worst two years of my life. I firmly believe to this day, that their 'church' was a cult. The adults that ran that school were vindictive and mean. It's hard to say that about people who claim to be Christians, but from what I experienced, I believe it.

After my 8th grade year was over, my parents finally caught wind of some of the crap that was going on and apologized to me for putting me through that.

I will say that the kids in that school were more wild than any in the public schools.

Sully
12-09-2005, 12:07 PM
My fiance went to Tri City for a few years, and basically had the same type of experience.
I was a Truman kid.

JimNasium
12-09-2005, 12:07 PM
What I am about to tell you is true. I swear it. One time when I was a senior my friend and i were headed out of Blue Springs and had just got a soda or something at QT on Woods Chapel and Valley View rd. (which coinsides w/ Selsa) We were headed west on VVR and not more than 100 yards from QT I spotted a lady on the side of the road. Something strange looking about her. Something EVIL. So I told my friend to turn around. We slowed down. I saw her face profile. She was talking to herself and holding a book flat in her hand. She seemed almost in a trance of somesort. She looked like Laura in Little hs on the pr. rolled in dirt. We went to QT because we assumed that was were she was headed. We talked to the clerks at QT they said she comes in all the time and is crazy.

What is weird and unexplainable about a crazy person walking and talking to themself?

KCTitus
12-09-2005, 12:08 PM
I tell ya not to get off the subject. Do you remeber York Steak house in Ind. Center? Used to love that place when I was REAL young

Yep, wasnt it close to the arcade that was Aladdin's Castle or something like that.

phisherman
12-09-2005, 12:11 PM
yeah, i think it was by where the aladdin's castle was originally...i went there in the late 70's or early 80's w/ my brother when it was on the opposite side of the corridor that it was when it closed..

bp

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 12:16 PM
What is weird and unexplainable about a crazy person walking and talking to themself?

She LOOKED really evil. Almost like a "Wild-Women" but she walked very proper and had good posture. really odd....

JimNasium
12-09-2005, 12:19 PM
She LOOKED really evil. Almost like a "Wild-Women" but she walked very proper and had good posture. really odd....
Sounds like someone who is mentally ill. Hell, I've been around Bob Dole and he LOOKED really evil...almost like a "Wild-Man" and he had good posture....he's odd, a little scary but far from evil or unexplainable.

Seek
12-09-2005, 12:21 PM

Maybe she was thinking the same about you, which is why she appeared Evil to you. She might have thought you were a monster Wearing Red. Don't wear Red. Wash she in a yellow coat.

phisherman
12-09-2005, 12:21 PM
i wouldn't be surprised, now there are even more nutty looking people walking around indep, oops, i mean methdependence

bp

MOhillbilly
12-09-2005, 12:22 PM
i might have told this on here before i dont know----------

My Father died in the house i live in know i held him as he breathed his last breath in this world.
20 years old

I wasnt working (the grief made me crazy) and needed some cash so i was going to sell his car to the junkyard.
Salvage guy shows up and i cant find the title anywhere(id been looking all morning) so my dad was a teacher and had personality and his students always gave him stuff.
one student gave him a kiln fired bust of himself (we called it Roys shrine to Roy):)
he also played the piano-

anyway im standing there and i ask him.

"ive never asked for nothin and i really need some help"

and at that instant the metronome(sp?) on the bookshelf starts ticking.

underneath it was the title.

now you have to unlatch a metronome or it will keeptime....they dont just automate on there own.

thats real shit right there boys and girls.

i miss him everyday.

jynni
12-09-2005, 12:27 PM
I will say that the kids in that school were more wild than any in the public schools.
Eh - I don't know about that. Sure you had a few "wild ones" here and there but nothing on the level of the public schools.

My experience was that as long as you kept your head down (by that I mean followed the rules or at least appeared to) and your grades up no one would bug you too much.

I behaved myself, got good grades and had a (for the most part) decent high school experience. I recognized that I was getting a much better education than the alternative at Belton High would've been.

On the other hand, my younger brother didn't and he had a hellish time in Jr. High.

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 12:29 PM
Sounds like someone who is mentally ill. Hell, I've been around Bob Dole and he LOOKED really evil...almost like a "Wild-Man" and he had good posture....he's odd, a little scary but far from evil or unexplainable.

That's okay. We went off the subject a bit. Because a few of us are from pretty-much the same area. Not that I have to justify anything to YOU.

phisherman
12-09-2005, 12:29 PM
screw that! i raised hell, and never got messed with, that's the beauty of public schools...geez, i even graduated w/ a decent GPA

i even got busted drinking at school and didn't even get a 7th hour....thanks for that mr. holwick!

bp

phisherman
12-09-2005, 12:30 PM

My Father died in the house i live in know i held him as he breathed his last breath in this world.
20 years old

I wasnt working (the grief made me crazy) and needed some cash so i was going to sell his car to the junkyard.
Salvage guy shows up and i cant find the title anywhere(id been looking all morning) so my dad was a teacher and had personality and his students always gave him stuff.
one student gave him a kiln fired bust of himself (we called it Roys shrine to Roy):)

now you have to unlatch a metronome or it will keeptime....they dont just automate on there own.

i miss him everyday.

now that's creepy, but cool...
they stay around, and help us out from time to time

bp

Sully
12-09-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm marrying one of my HS teacher's daughters. And I was awful in that class.

Rain Man
12-09-2005, 12:31 PM

She didn't laugh when he asked her out.

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 12:32 PM

20 years old

i miss him everyday.

God bless you.

JimNasium
12-09-2005, 12:32 PM
That's okay. We went off the subject a bit. Because a few of us are from pretty-much the same area. Not that I have to justify anything to YOU.
I wasn't asking for any justification, simply commenting on the oddity of your oddity.

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 12:34 PM
I wasn't asking for any justification, simply commenting on the oddity of your oddity.

I love being odd. It is fun.

Rain Man
12-09-2005, 12:35 PM

As for me, I love getting even.

JimNasium
12-09-2005, 12:35 PM
You also excel at obnoxiousness .

Clint in Wichita
12-09-2005, 12:41 PM
I once saw a porno where a small girl, about 5'-2" and 110 lbs., easily took 2 penises in her anus, and apparently loved it.

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 12:42 PM
You also excel at obnoxiousness .

Rain Man
12-09-2005, 12:44 PM
I once saw a porno where a small girl, about 5'-2" and 110 lbs., easily took 2 penises in her anus, and apparently loved it.

Do you think she was just being a good actress, or did she step out of character to express personal enjoyment? If it was the latter, that's no better than Jimmy Fallon always looking at the camera on Saturday Night Live.

Clint in Wichita
12-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Do you think she was just being a good actress, or did she step out of character to express personal enjoyment? If it was the latter, that's no better than Jimmy Fallon always looking at the camera on Saturday Night Live.

Who knows? It's unexplainable.

Rain Man
12-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Who knows? It's unexplainable.

Oh. Yeah. Good point.

MOhillbilly
12-09-2005, 12:47 PM
now that's creepy, but cool...
they stay around, and help us out from time to time

bp

Im not one to believe in the supernatural, my parents were both hardcore athiests and the only church i went to was forced(school).

but that damn sure happened to me.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-09-2005, 12:49 PM
I went out in the yard one pitch black night to take a leak. As I was relieving myself I hear a mechanical sound coming towards me at treetop level. It was not the sound of a motor. More like a creaky old windmill or a hinge that needs a dab of grease or shot of 3&1 oil flapping in a steady wind. It doesn't scare me oddly. But as it passes overhead a goose honks & the mechanical sound trails off into the night...

Rain Man
12-09-2005, 12:51 PM
I went out in the yard one pitch black night to take a leak. As I was relieving myself I hear a mechanical sound coming towards me at treetop level. It was not the sound of a motor. More like a creaky old windmill or a hinge that needs a dab of grease or shot of 3&1 oil flapping in a steady wind. It doesn't scare me oddly. But as it passes overhead a goose honks & the mechanical sound trails off into the night...

So is the unexplainable part why someone would build a robot goose? Or why you don't have indoor plumbing in 21st century America?

phisherman
12-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Im not one to believe in the supernatural, my parents were both hardcore athiests and the only church i went to was forced(school).

but that damn sure happened to me.

well, we'd be ignorant not to acknowledge that there are lots of things in the world that we dont know about...

i'm not too into ghosts and such either, but i've seen enough weird stuff to believe that weird stuff goes on occasionally
bp

Wile_E_Coyote
12-09-2005, 12:52 PM
So is the unexplainable part why someone would build a robot goose? Or why you don't have indoor plumbing in 21st century America?

both

Mr. Kotter
12-09-2005, 12:53 PM

Consider yourself lucky, dude. Sounds like you just missed being castrated, thus eliminating your reproductive ability.....

Damn, federal government conspiracies against the black man, knows no bounds.

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 12:53 PM

I gotta give it to you Rain Man, that was actually UNBELIEVABLY funny.

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 12:54 PM
well, we'd be ignorant not to acknowledge that there are lots of things in the world that we dont know about...

i'm not too into ghosts and such either, but i've seen enough weird stuff to believe that weird stuff goes on occasionally
bp

Nice point Phish...

Mr. Kotter
12-09-2005, 12:55 PM
... Or why you don't have indoor plumbing in 21st century America?

I did the same thing in HS. I slept downstairs, and the bathroom was upstairs.....saved myself the effort and steps, plus I didn't disturb the rest of the fam. :shrug:

MOhillbilly
12-09-2005, 12:57 PM

bp

agnostic

Mr. Kotter
12-09-2005, 01:03 PM
agnostic

Most Christians I know are actually agnostic....they claim to believe, but when pushed on it, will admit they don't "know".....

Rain Man
12-09-2005, 01:04 PM
I did the same thing in HS. I slept downstairs, and the bathroom was upstairs.....saved myself the effort and steps, plus I didn't disturb the rest of the fam. :shrug:

I had no idea how rampant public urination is.

rageeumr
12-09-2005, 01:10 PM
OK I'm breaking the rules a bit here, because it is a secondhand experience. I went to school in Rolla, and a fraternity brother of mine (the president at the time) returned to school from Christmas break a couple of days early to get the house warmed back up and everything in order for the coming semester. Being the only guy in the house at the time (I don't know the square footage, but it held about 50 guys), he locked the house up, even when he was there. The last night he was there by himself, he was watching a movie in his room, when he heard a door close. He was pretty sure it was the room next to his. He turned his TV off and listened. He didn't hear anything. He got up and checked the room next to his, and found nothing. However, while he was in that room, he heard yet another door close, this time further down the hall. When he returned to the hallway, it was pitch black (there are no windows in the upstairs hallway, and all of the lights are on a single switch). He very slowly crept to the other end of the hallway (50 feet or so) and turned the light back on. At this point, he was obviously scared stiff. He then returned to his room and found his TV on (as I mentioned before, he had turned it off to listen for noises).

He then proceeded to go to a hotel and spend the night. Just another secondhand ghost story, but it has always freaked me out because this isn't the type of guy to make this crap up.

Mr. Kotter
12-09-2005, 01:11 PM
I had no idea how rampant public urination is.

Ever been to Europe? :shrug:

Sully
12-09-2005, 01:12 PM
I lived in a haunted house in St Joe for a while.

MOhillbilly
12-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Most Christians I know are actually agnostic....they claim to believe, but when pushed on it, will admit they don't "know".....

new spins on old schemes.

holy trinity = rapture

its easier than thinking.

Rain Man
12-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Ever been to Europe? :shrug:

That's different. There are French people there.

Valiant
12-09-2005, 07:27 PM

bp

The big cemetary off of 40hwy in indep. near hwy 435 has lots of creepy shit at night... We always got ran off by guards and police when I was younger...

Never had anything happen on Selsea..

Got freaked out when I was in middle school in Liberty.. Ole house in the ran down section by the jr. high and fire station.. House was boarded up, so you could not get in... Well I am looking inside when this figure floats across the room, and by float I mean no ****ing walking... I ran off, never went back... Got bulldozed before I had enough sack to go agian...

I still want to make a trip out to stull still...

Valiant
12-09-2005, 07:29 PM
Speaking of urban legend in Independence.. did you all ever hear about the house across the street from the airport being a whorehouse, just because they had that red curtain?
I never knew if that was real or not. We drive by there going to the Little League football fields, and I still always wonder.

Yeah I remember that, and all the cars out front... That and all the junk behind the house...

Valiant
12-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Also there are some very old buildings buried back in the woods by the "bad boys prison" by fort osage HS and blue mills road.. I forget the actual name of the school.. But the former house foundation is huge, I would say a 4000 ft basement... Anyway it looks to be mid 1800's with the size of the trees growing inside of it...

Rain Man
12-09-2005, 08:16 PM
My sister lives near Hannibal, and there's a big old mansion overlooking town up on top of a hill. We toured it a few years back, and apparently it was abandoned for a few decades until a group of people bought it in the early 90s and restored it as a museum. The place was awesome.

The thing that baffled me was that this place was abandoned and kids would go drinking in it and stuff, and it was still the nicest property in town. I dream of retiring and finding a place like that. It even still had some of the original antique furniture in it. How does a property like that get abandoned?

listopencil
12-09-2005, 08:26 PM
My father paid a visit to my sister and I three days after he died. It was the night before his funeral. Pretty God-damned creepy.

Lonewolf Ed
12-09-2005, 08:42 PM

It saves about 5 gallons of water, too. So, why not?

4th and Long
12-09-2005, 08:49 PM
a few years ago we had a huge explosion in town and 2 blocks away was this store with a glass front. hanging in the window was a wind sock made of cloth. when the explosion hit the glass came out of the frame partially, the wind sock was pulled halfway outside, then the glass went right back into its frame!!!it was left hanging half out and half in, wierd enough????????? :)
Reminds me a bit of what happened to me a few years back after the big ice storm we had in the KC Metro area.

It's about 5:30 am, I'm getting ready for work and I hear this very loud "thump" that sounded like a tree limb landing on top of the roof. I figured thats what it was since the ice storm tore the hell out of my tree in the back yard. So, I grab a flashlight, go outside and begin surveying the roof. Nothing. Not a limb, branch or twig in sight. I go back in the house, grab my keys, stroll out the front door, get into my car and drive to work.

I signed onto the net when I get to work, only to discover that a house 2 blocks away from me had EXPLODED and that was the "thump" I heard.

4th and Long
12-09-2005, 08:56 PM
My sister lives near Hannibal
Is her name Clarice and has he tried to consume her yet?

elvomito
12-09-2005, 10:24 PM
His name was XLIBUTSCRALE.
"ENWOT PIKS"
that line was funny as ****

Fat Elvis
12-09-2005, 10:27 PM
In Manhattan, KS, the house at 502 Osage is haunted.

I used to live there and it is definitely haunted. Every person that I've known who lived there besides me (four other people) have seen the ghost as well. It is usually upstairs near the top of the stairs sitting at the curve in the stairway.

Count Zarth
12-10-2005, 02:41 AM
My father paid a visit to my sister and I three days after he died. It was the night before his funeral. Pretty God-damned creepy.

WTF...details

carlos3652
12-10-2005, 08:15 AM
4 years ago

2:30 am - I am watching TV in my future parents in law basement... I had an absess (sp?) tooth. So I was taking medication for it. It was pretty strong.

3:00 am - medication kicking in, so then I finally get tired and decide to go to bed in the guest bedroom upstairs.

3:30 am - I open my eyes, its very dark, darker than normal... I am very sweaty and my heart is racing... Im thinking these pills are going to kill me, but when I try to get up, I cant, like something is holding me down and they are super strong (I benched 200 - when I was a Soph in college) so this thing was freaking strong... My heart is racing faster, the room is somehow getting darker,

- break -

Background
My Parents are christian missionaries in Spain and they have been in the church all their lives, so I grew up in the church in Argentina, Ive had wierd experiances (Brazil/Argentina are known for a lot of Black Magic) before where I felt there was another spirit/demon in the room with me before and everytime I would use "In the name of JC, I rebuke you" and I would feel better right away, I would feel like the room would clear up and that spirit/demon would go away.

-break-

So I decided to use the line I always use to try to get out of this... so as I am starting to do it my body sits up and I say it in the lowest voice ever, I still cant move other than being forced in this position (almost like I am possesed)... at this point I am freaking out and I finally am able to get out of my bed and I ran downstairs where I started praying... I felt much better, and when I went back to the room it wasnt as dark as I remembered it...

I dont know if the medications messed me up but to this day that was the worst experiance I have ever. Every now and then I feel like their is a presence in the room but NEVER as bad as that day.

Anyways... I cant explain it, and you dont have to believe me, this is the first time I told a "group" of people, I shared this with my closest relatives and friends...I dont want you guys to freak out either...

4th and Long
12-10-2005, 08:17 AM
4 years ago

2:30 am - I am watching TV in my future parents in law basement... I had an absess (sp?) tooth. So I was taking medication for it. It was pretty strong.

3:00 am - medication kicking in, so then I finally get tired and decide to go to bed in the guest bedroom upstairs.

3:30 am - I open my eyes, its very dark, darker than normal... I am very sweaty and my heart is racing... Im thinking these pills are going to kill me, but when I try to get up, I cant, like something is holding me down and they are super strong (I benched 200 - when I was a Soph in college) so this thing was freaking strong... My heart is racing faster, the room is somehow getting darker,

- break -

Background
My Parents are christian missionaries in Spain and they have been in the church all their lives, so I grew up in the church in Argentina, Ive had wierd experiances (Brazil/Argentina are known for a lot of Black Magic) before where I felt there was another spirit/demon in the room with me before and everytime I would use "In the name of JC, I rebuke you" and I would feel better right away, I would feel like the room would clear up and that spirit/demon would go away.

-break-

So I decided to use the line I always use to try to get out of this... so as I am starting to do it my body sits up and I say it in the lowest voice ever, I still cant move other than being forced in this position (almost like I am possesed)... at this point I am freaking out and I finally am able to get out of my bed and I ran downstairs where I started praying... I felt much better, and when I went back to the room it wasnt as dark as I remembered it...

I dont know if the medications messed me up but to this day that was the worst experiance I have ever. Every now and then I feel like their is a presence in the room but NEVER as bad as that day.

Anyways... I cant explain it, and you dont have to believe me, this is the first time I told a "group" of people, I shared this with my closest relatives and friends...I dont want you guys to freak out either...
Keep telling stories like that and the Mods will change your user name to Linda Blair.

carlos3652
12-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Keep telling stories like that and the Mods will change your user name to Linda Blair.

ROFL, I dont have to many that I actually remember in detail other than this one... I will never forget this... ever... I just hope it doesnt happen again..

I just hope it was the pills that made me hallucinate most of it... but I dont think so...

carlos3652
12-10-2005, 10:30 AM
Anyone else have crazy things happen...

morphius
12-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Anyone else have crazy things happen...
My wife has been haunted by a ghost. One time I guess it actually pulled down the sheets on her bed. There were some other things as well, but that was an easy one to remember.

I guess I should add that she will not talkk about it, because it has found her when she has.

carlos3652
12-10-2005, 11:15 AM
My wife has been haunted by a ghost. One time I guess it actually pulled down the sheets on her bed. There were some other things as well, but that was an easy one to remember.

I guess I should add that she will not talkk about it, because it has found her when she has.

wow... that is scary...

QuikSsurfer
12-10-2005, 11:22 AM

It was spooky as hell. It was a good thing all but the driver had been drinking....he refuses to discuss the whole thing, to this day.

link to full story??

QuikSsurfer
12-10-2005, 11:24 AM

that would be an experience. scary.

Mr. Kotter
12-10-2005, 12:13 PM
link to full story??

It may be in the achives that have been pruned; I'll check later tonight, in the meantime....do a google search, Stull, Kansas Satan....and click away.....

carlos3652
12-10-2005, 03:27 PM
It may be in the achives that have been pruned; I'll check later tonight, in the meantime....do a google search, Stull, Kansas Satan....and click away.....

Do post later tonight... these are the best type of stories...