PDA

View Full Version : So Who is Still Foolish Enough to Say Janikowski was Worth that First Pick?

KCWolfman
10-08-2000, 09:07 PM
I looked at his stats today.... he has yet to hit one over 39 yards and did not perform under pressure in the waning moments....

Now granted his team did get a victory (barely and against a pathetically young team that they should have trounced), but it was not due to Janikowski. And wasnt that the reason the raiders organization said they were taking him, to insure that close games were won on his foot?

morphius
10-08-2000, 09:09 PM
I am! I hope next year they take a punter in the first round.

KCWolfman
10-08-2000, 09:11 PM
Morph - LOL......<BR>

morphius
10-08-2000, 09:23 PM
Wolf - Of course it is obvious that they will have to take a QB, because obviously having someone who can throw down field is going to create more big plays then a guy who can run for 12 yards and throw to the RB again, again and again...

flowergirl
10-08-2000, 09:33 PM
I really got quite a chuckle picturing Al Davis's face every time his first round didn't make the field goal.....how funny!

redsurfer11
10-08-2000, 09:40 PM
I wonder if they wish they had taken Morris with their pick.But with our luck he will hit 7 field goals next week and we'll lose by one.Go Chiefs.

58Forever
10-09-2000, 10:21 AM
Red11, shut your mouth... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

Janikowski, first round pick, I'd be laughing harder if the 49s would have won...

Gannon must not be allowed to run...it's obvious he can't pass very well...I really don't think Oakland is as good as their record would indicate...and I'm not just being a homer....

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

bkkcoh
10-09-2000, 10:24 AM
Could someone please explain to me why the 49ers attempted the field on 1st down? I am not a football genious, but I would like to know why they didn't try to score the touchdown....

------------------
bk

CHIEF1
10-09-2000, 10:26 AM
BK - The only reasoning behind it was that they did not want to risk a fumble. When your that close it should have been over, oh well we will just have to give them their annual whipping next Sunday...

JOhn
10-09-2000, 10:27 AM
ROFLMAO.......

Hummm, I seem to recall at the time of the draft how a few, no wait all the Rader fans were trying to convince me that he was a worthy #1 pick, as they needed a "clutch" Kicker, especially from 40+.

And I think someone kept trying to tell them he wasn't a good kicker from long-distance...

wait that was me that said that. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Still ROFLMAO....

DaWolf
10-09-2000, 11:13 AM
I'm almost afraid to respond to this, because I'll probably jinx the team and he'll hit a miracle 65 yarter to beat us, but I said before the draft when people were saying we should take Janikowski with our 1st pick, that I would much rather draft a reciever who is either going to score us 7 points or open up someone else to score 7 points than a kicker who is going to have to kick 3 FG's to outperform 1 TD catch by any of these recievers. And thus far, that is what I have seen with the 12 passing TD's. Let's keep it going...

58Forever
10-09-2000, 11:21 AM
BK, another reason to kick on first down is that if the snap is ****ed up and you recover the ball you get to try it again...if the 49s would have recovered the block yesterday...they would have had another opportunity to kick....idiots... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

bkkcoh
10-09-2000, 12:07 PM
Forever58:

But I don't see as to why you would actually kick on 1st down. Try a play action pass on first down, but not kick. Especially the way the game turned several times...

------------------
bk

KCTitus
10-09-2000, 12:09 PM
both teams were stupid, but the way the 9ers were moving the ball, after the Raiders miss, they should have gone for the TD.

It was conservative play to the 'T'. I just knew they were going to screw up that kick.

mlyonsd
10-09-2000, 01:10 PM
Is #11 true? If SF would have recovered the blocked kick would they get another chance cause it wasn't 4th down?

(Don't know if I have ever seen it happen)

DaWolf
10-09-2000, 01:21 PM
It doesn't matter. If you can't block for a 27 yard field goal your team sucks. That game should have been over. Oh well...

Oxford
10-09-2000, 01:38 PM
I understand his kickoffs have had good depth and maybe next year he'll be better BUT I think it was a huge reach in the 1st round.

Committment to jail works for me........

mlyonsd
10-09-2000, 01:42 PM
Can't anyone answer my ? in #14?

You guys call yourself FB fans....too lazy to even look it up in a rule book.

Cannibal
10-09-2000, 01:43 PM
Before we start bashing the Raiders for barely pulling that one out we should look at the 9ers for what they are, an up an coming competitive team.

They have been in nearly every ball game and Garcia has played better than Grbac.

We should not assume we will win at Candlestick either, if we do, we may come away disappointed.

The 9ers can score points.

Packfan
10-09-2000, 05:09 PM
Russ,

Taking Janikowski was a terrible decision. He should have been taken no earlier than the third round.

Cannibal,

49ers are competitive. Garcia looks good. I cant stand Marriucci (he is to rah rah and is always fixing his hair), but he has done a good job with that team.

thehead
10-09-2000, 06:44 PM
TOOOOO funny no way near a 1st rounder

KUmmPUKE
10-09-2000, 07:31 PM
Me.....possibly.

6 games doesn't make a career, and a career for a good kicker can be a long, long time. <P>