PDA

View Full Version : Indy or Jacksonville?

tk13
12-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Who should we root for this week? This is the one that I'm struggling with.

JAX WINS: It would mean an Indy loss, and would likely mean that Indy plays it's starters next week against San Diego trying to clinch homefield. Jax would stay ahead of us in the wild card race though.

IND WINS: It would mean that we could pull into a tie with Jax for the lead in the wild card standings. Indy would clinch homefield and possibly rest their starters for at least part of the San Diego game. No guarantee of that though.

Remember, that if San Diego wins every remaining game (MIA/IND/DEN) except the KC game, we must win out to make the playoffs.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-09-2005, 01:09 PM
As much as I hate the Colts, we need Jax to lose. The Colts already have there playoff spot, while Jax is still in the hunt. We need those fockers to lose and lose often. As well as slitsburgh and the bolts.

chiefsfaninNC
12-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Go Indy. Too early to rest the starters against SD.

NJ Chief Fan
12-09-2005, 01:15 PM
go indy :doh!: :Lin:

Halfcan
12-09-2005, 01:21 PM
I want the Colts to get the cute knocked out of them. They have pulled some shit this year and would love to see Manning out for the rest of the year. I would love to see Edge get hit so hard he swallows his gold tooth.

KChiefsQT
12-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Who should we root for this week? This is the one that I'm struggling with.

JAX WINS: It would mean an Indy loss, and would likely mean that Indy plays it's starters next week against San Diego trying to clinch homefield. Jax would stay ahead of us in the wild card race though.

IND WINS: It would mean that we could pull into a tie with Jax for the lead in the wild card standings. Indy would clinch homefield and possibly rest their starters for at least part of the San Diego game. No guarantee of that though.

Remember, that if San Diego wins every remaining game (MIA/IND/DEN) except the KC game, we must win out to make the playoffs.

I don't think Indy will rest their players next week regardless. Just my opinion though.

Go Colts.

Ari Chi3fs
12-09-2005, 01:55 PM
woo hoo. Go Colts.

RP_McMurphy
12-09-2005, 01:58 PM
As one of the few Jaguar fans in Kansas City I am looking forward to a hard hitting game on Sunday. The Jaguars match up well with the Colts and aren't a bit in awe of them. If I were a betting man I would take the line as history says the Jaguars will play Indy tough if not outright win.

Jaguars-24
Colts-20

BIG_DADDY
12-09-2005, 01:58 PM
I got a lot of money riding on the Colts -8 int his one. Doesn't mater what we want the Colts are going to cream the the Taylorless, Leftwichless Jagkittens. Tony already said he may reconsider going allout to go undeafted if they win this game too. GO COLTS!!!!

BIG_DADDY
12-09-2005, 02:01 PM
As one of the few Jaguar fans in Kansas City I am looking forward to a hard hitting game on Sunday. The Jaguars match up well with the Colts and aren't a bit in awe of them. If I were a betting man I would take the line as history says the Jaguars will play Indy tough if not outright win.

Jaguars-24
Colts-20

Your on crack, go bet it then and bet BIG. Colts started the season really slow and now their rolling like a MO. Jags can barely get past teams like the Browns, the Cardinals and the Titans with the softest schedule in the history of the NFL. Now with Tayor hurt and Leftwich out you think you can get within 4 points of this juggernaut? OK

StcChief
12-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Go pretty boy Manning. Win, break your leg in process.

Cochise
12-09-2005, 02:04 PM
Colts

BIG_DADDY
12-09-2005, 02:04 PM

You think Manning is pretty?

cdcox
12-09-2005, 02:08 PM
First off, I have no idea how Indy will play against SD, regardless of whether they win or lose against Jax. If they win, the could make a strong move for 19-0 or they could rest their starters. Even if they lose to Jax, SD still has much more to play for.

Jax losing this week can help us because we have strong tiebreaker kung fu over Jax. A couple ways it could help us:

KC and Jax both 12-4, and KC can finish no worse than the 5 seed (KC could still win the division). That would mean a trip to NE instead of a trip to Cinncinatti.

KC and Jax both 11-5, KC finishes no worse than the 6 seed, ahead of Jacksonville. This would require an additional loss by Jax in their last 3 games. Not likely given their schedule, but even if they are 90% sure of winning each game, there is a 27% chance they would lose at least 1 game. That is significant, and opens another way for us to qualify. If Jacksonville wins this week, they would have to be considered a lock to take one of the WCs.

BIG_DADDY
12-09-2005, 02:13 PM
If Jacksonville wins this week, they would have to be considered a lock to take one of the WCs.

Jachsonville has about as much chance of winning this game as I do winning the lottery.

BIG_DADDY
12-09-2005, 02:18 PM

Jaguars-24
Colts-20

I totally misread that. You think the Jags are actually going to win? ROFL Well it's paying +320 you must be planning on becoming a very rich man. ROFL

Colts by 24

RP_McMurphy
12-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Yes I do as the Colts do not blow out the Jaguars. Plus many people think the Jaguars are a better offensive with David Garrad than Byron Leftwhich. Leftwhich has all the mobility of Al Davis. Last week Garrad tucked it and ran 20 plus yards so yes he brings a new threat to the game that Leftwhich doesn't have. Plus Fred Taylor will probably play after sitting out most of the last month on a bad ankle.

Mr. Laz
12-09-2005, 02:44 PM
not yet

we need him to stick around long enough to beat the chargers too. :p

14 12/11 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 PM - go colts!
15 12/18 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS 1:00 PM go colts!
16 12/24 @ Seattle Seahawks 4:15 PM manning breaks leg
17 1/1 ARIZONA CARDINALS cardinals win 45-10 :)

we face beat the colts 87-3 in the playoffs

BIG_DADDY
12-09-2005, 02:45 PM
Yes I do as the Colts do not blow out the Jaguars. Plus many people think the Jaguars are a better offensive with David Garrad than Byron Leftwhich. Leftwhich has all the mobility of Al Davis. Last week Garrad tucked it and ran 20 plus yards so yes he brings a new threat to the game that Leftwhich doesn't have. Plus Fred Taylor will probably play after sitting out most of the last month on a bad ankle.

Taylor is listed as probable but probably won't get many carries. Many people think the Jags are better off with a QB that has started only 4 NFL games in his life than with Leftwhich huh? interesting. I haven't heard that anywhere else but if you say so. I put half my earnings for the year on this one game -8 that's how confident I am. Jags are the most overrated team in the NFL right now. If they had our schedule they wouldn't even be over a .500 team.

alpha_omega
12-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Indy.

Hog Rider
12-09-2005, 02:51 PM
I would love Indy to get their shit kicked.

Then win with a last second field goal.

Jax needs to lose.

KCChiefsMan
12-09-2005, 02:51 PM
DUH! Indy is clinched, Jacksonville is not.

Go Colts, even though I hate them but I have to cheer on what is best for my beloved Chiefs

kaplin42
12-09-2005, 03:04 PM
not yet

we need him to stick around long enough to beat the chargers too. :p

14 12/11 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 PM - go colts!
15 12/18 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS 1:00 PM go colts!
16 12/24 @ Seattle Seahawks 4:15 PM manning breaks leg
17 1/1 ARIZONA CARDINALS cardinals win 45-10 :)

we face beat the colts 87-3 in the playoffs

This was fricking hillarious! i burst out laughing in my office. Thank you.

And yes we need the colts to win the next two game. and maybe have Gates injur himself or something while they are at it.

tk13
12-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Yeah, I guess a Jax loss would open up a chance to pass them, we'd have to play perfect though. And to be honest I'm not sure I'd rather go to NE than Cincy for a playoff game. I'm just afraid Dungy is going to go ultra conservative and rest his starters in the 2nd half of games, which would mean a Chargers win, and the Chiefs having to play perfect to make the playoffs. A Chargers loss next week opens up the chance for us to get in without being perfect.

Douche Baggins
12-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Jacksonville will lose.

And the Colts aren't going to rest their starters.

jAZ
12-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Who voted for Jacksonville? That's assinine.

tk13
12-09-2005, 03:47 PM
Jacksonville will lose.

And the Colts aren't going to rest their starters.
We'll see. Being able to see Tony Dungy and the things he says and does the last few years, I honestly don't think he cares that much about going 16-0. At least compared to a Super Bowl win.

He did back off saying he'd rest his starters next week if they won @ Jax, but he just said they'd play this week's game and then if the opportunity presented itself, he said he would basically see what God wanted him to do... and then make the decision. So I guess really it's out of our hands. :)

PunkinDrublic
12-09-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm sick of seeing Jax float by on an easy schedule. They had to come from behind to beat Cleveland. I hope they get their asses kicked and miss the playoffs because they don't deserve to go.

Douche Baggins
12-09-2005, 03:51 PM
We'll see. Being able to see Tony Dungy and the things he says and does the last few years, I honestly don't think he cares that much about going 16-0. At least compared to a Super Bowl win.

He did back off saying he'd rest his starters next week if they won @ Jax, but he just said they'd play this week's game and then if the opportunity presented itself, he said he would basically see what God wanted him to do... and then make the decision. So I guess really it's out of our hands. :)

Manning is that team's coach. If he wants to go 16-0, and I think he does, they won't be resting anyone.

Simply Red
12-09-2005, 03:56 PM

Peyton is pretty? He looks like a Horse converted Human.

tk13
12-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Manning is that team's coach. If he wants to go 16-0, and I think he does, they won't be resting anyone.
Manning's the coach on the field. He's not the head guy. If Dungy wants to sit him, he'll sit him. Manning will start every remaining game because they'll want to keep his starts streak alive, but I'm not sure about him finishing them.

digi2fish
12-09-2005, 05:13 PM
indy, of course

philfree
12-09-2005, 05:24 PM
The Colts need to win the next two. They are our buddies the next two weeks but after that I hope they get beat.

PhilFree:arrow:

RP_McMurphy
12-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Here are the last three home games played in Jacksonville against the Colts. All three came down to the last two minutes. All three Colt teams were playoff teams.

2002- Indy-28 Jax-25
2003- Jax-28 Indy-23
2004- Indy-24 Jax-17

Average margin of victory Indy 1.66 points in these three contests. All three games were very tightly contested and came down to the last minute. So this is what I base my conclusion of a Jaguar victory on. The Jaguars match up very well with the Colts and play them very well. So don't be surprised Sunday to see the Jaguars hanging with the Colts and very possibly winning.

Hoover
12-09-2005, 08:19 PM
You have to hope Jacksonville Wins so Indy doesn't have homefield in the bag before they play the chargers.

Herzig
12-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Kansas City. I could care less what anyone else does. If we lose to Dallas, this game is meaningless.

Sure-Oz
12-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Colts need to win for us, they can lose later!

tommykat
12-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Kansas City. I could care less what anyone else does. If we lose to Dallas, this game is meaningless.

And then I am sitting in KC freezing my ass off on Dec 24th and Jan 1st.

cdcox
12-09-2005, 08:51 PM
The Colts need to win the next two. They are our buddies the next two weeks but after that I hope they get beat.

PhilFree:arrow:

I'm no Colt fan. But I'm torn between the desire to see the Colts go down in a flaming fit of gagging on their own chokatude and having them go 19-0 just to shut the pie holes of the '72 Miami Dulfins.

MahiMike
12-09-2005, 09:35 PM
I'll be at this game cheering on the Jags. I don't want any team to go 19-0 unless it's the Chiefs.

If any team can beat them, it's the Jags. But w/Leftwich and their center Meester out, there could be some fumbles/sacks/picks coming Garrard's way.

Nightwish
12-09-2005, 09:37 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but ... Go PetyonCo!

wazu
12-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Picture this...

The Colts are headed to a perfect season. It's "their" year. Week 2 of the playoffs the KC Chiefs come to town.

Write your own happy ending.

Nightwish
12-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Picture this...

The Colts are headed to a perfect season. It's "their" year. Week 2 of the playoffs the KC Chiefs come to town.

Please don't say that. Please don't even put that thought into our heads. Nocturnal emissions are unpleasant!

Luzap
12-09-2005, 11:44 PM
Picture this...

The Chiefs win, of course.

Luz
believes in poetic justice...

greg63
12-09-2005, 11:49 PM
I went with Indy.

Frazod
12-09-2005, 11:53 PM
You forgot the option where the stadium gets hit by a friggin meteor. :grr:

BCD
12-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Jachsonville has about as much chance of winning this game as I do winning the lottery.Why do you say that? The Jags usually play the Colts tough. I think Indy wins, but it'll be close...

BCD
12-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Who voted for Jacksonville? That's assinine.I actually did, on accident...
:)

BCD
12-10-2005, 01:11 AM
I'm sick of seeing Jax float by on an easy schedule. They had to come from behind to beat Cleveland. I hope they get their asses kicked and miss the playoffs because they don't deserve to go.Yeah, what he said...

Chiefs Pantalones
12-10-2005, 01:49 AM
You have to go with Indy. Whatever helps us out is best. We have to win our games, too, obviously, but the Colts staying undefeated these next two games helps us out a lot.

I don't think the Colts rest their starters until the last game after halftime. They want the undefeated record, I can just tell.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-10-2005, 01:50 AM
I'm sick of seeing Jax float by on an easy schedule. They had to come from behind to beat Cleveland. I hope they get their asses kicked and miss the playoffs because they don't deserve to go.

I know. We have a better chance at advancing in the playoffs than they do, they're a guaranteed one and done, IMO. They play a crap schedule and they barely win...that is sad.