PDA

View Full Version : Very important FFL decision

KCChiefsMan
12-09-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm in the playoffs in my league, the playoffs start this week for me, even though it doesn't make any sense because in my league, we entered a free yahoo league and all payed $20 to play and then $1 for each transaction made, so the pot is up to about $350 now, winner gets 70% of that, 2nd 20% and 3rd 10%, so I want to win. The other thing that makes no sense is that the FFL playoffs are weeks 14,15 & 16 leaving week 17 out, I don't know why yahoo's league is structured like that but it makes no sense, but oh well.

well here is my problem, I can't figure out who to start

QB: Eli Manning @ Phi, he's my only QB and I'm starting him
WR: Chad Johnson against CLE, I start him each week
WR: Andre Johnson @ Ten, I'm not sure if I should start him
RB: Lamont Jordan @ NYJ, I start him each week
RB: LT against MIA, I start him each week
TE: Jeremy Shockey @ PHI, I start him each week
RB/WR: ????????

I have no idea who to start at the RB/WR, I have on the bench:
WR Terry Glenn against KC, I think that might be good for FFL
WR Joe Jurevicius against SF, he didn't catch a ball last week, probably not
RB Kevin Jones @ GB, he's been horrid, probably won't start him
RB Travis Henry against HOU, I just have him for just in case, won't start him
RB Michael Bennett against STL, he had a good game last week, so I dunno
WR Lee Evans against NE, with Moulds out that might mean more catches for him plus Losman is getting him the ball

I leaning towards Terry Glenn, but I'm also thinking about Lee Evans, or should I bench Andre Johnson and play these 2, or should I plug in Bennett or Jones for an extra RB???????

what would you do? This is the playoffs so I can't lose or my season is done

rageeumr
12-09-2005, 03:23 PM
I apologize if I missed an obvious attempt at sarcasm, but you don't WANT to play in week 17. Teams with nothing to play for sit their starters. Makes for a really crappy week and lots of room for excuses from the losers.

EDIT: Nothing to play for is probably a bad way to put it. Those whose playoff seedings are locked is probably a better description.

rageeumr
12-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Oh ya, back to your question:

I have no idea who to start at the RB/WR, I have on the bench:
WR Terry Glenn against KC, I think that might be good for FFL
WR Joe Jurevicius against SF, he didn't catch a ball last week, probably not
RB Kevin Jones @ GB, he's been horrid, probably won't start him
RB Travis Henry against HOU, I just have him for just in case, won't start him
RB Michael Bennett against STL, he had a good game last week, so I dunno
WR Lee Evans against NE, with Moulds out that might mean more catches for him plus Losman is getting him the ball

I leaning towards Terry Glenn, but I'm also thinking about Lee Evans, or should I bench Andre Johnson and play these 2, or should I plug in Bennett or Jones for an extra RB???????

I have Terry Glenn, and he's a weekly start for me. He has cooled off as of late, but I honestly expect KC to bottle up the run this weekend, no matter what the Tuna has to say. I would not be surprised in the least to see Bledsoe get 40-45 attempts. I would start Glenn. As for Evans, he has been disappointing this year, but no more disappointing than Andre Johnson. And you have a great point about Moulds being out. NE's secondary is suspect. I would start Glenn and Evans over Andre Johnson.

Further worthless opinions:
Jurevicius - Hit or miss. Was obviously quiet last week, but had a big day in Engram's first game back. The only other guy I would consider if I were you.

Kevin Jones - Was the deciding factor in me winning my league last year. Solid mid-season pickup. This year, however, he's a turd. He rotted on my bench for about 10 weeks before I dropped him. I would start Artose Pinner over him, which is sad.

Travis Henry - No.

Michael Bennett - Mewelde Moore is back. Split carries at best. I believe Bennett's ankle is still tender as well.

Cave Johnson
12-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Andre Johnson is a great start against the two rookie CB's of Tennessee. Two good games in a row, despite dropping a TD last week.

As for your flex spot, my vote would be for either Glenn or Evans. Probably Evans, since Losman has a wicked case of man-love for him (and Glenn is ice cold).

C-Mac
12-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Just a quick FF question, what defense would you go with?

KC(vs Dallas) or Tampa Bay (vs Carolina)

Cave Johnson
12-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Neither option is very good, but I'd give a slight edge to TB. Are the Vikings available? They've averaged 16 points the last 5 games and should be a good play against Ryan Fitzpatrick and the dinged O-line of the Rams.

C-Mac
12-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Neither option is very good, but I'd give a slight edge to TB. Are the Vikings available? They've averaged 16 points the last 5 games and should be a good play against Ryan Fitzpatrick and the dinged O-line of the Rams.

Thnaks for the good call, I took Minny of the wire. :thumb:

Mile High Mania
12-10-2005, 07:47 AM
I would likely go with Glenn as your flex. Someone mentioned that they expect KC to "bottle up the run".... unless I'm mistaken, the Cowboys haven't had a 100 yard rusher all year and have been pretty poor at running the ball. Shouldn't be hard to do.

Defensively... KC and TB are pretty similar. The Vikings should be a nice option vs Fitz.

ct
12-10-2005, 08:25 AM
Week 17 is typically excluded from FFL playoffs so you don't get stuck with a Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James, Shawn Alexander, whose teams have clinched their playoff position, and you stud sit out.

ct
12-10-2005, 08:26 AM
Lee Evans, no question. And yes, you should definitely start Andre Johnson this week.

I would have leaned KC over TB, but Minnesota is a nice p/up for this week...start em.

Cave Johnson
12-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Vikings D holding up so far. 6 points, 1 sack, 2 INTs at the half.