PDA

View Full Version : Tui to Start

Over-Head
12-10-2005, 08:12 AM
(Sorry if this is a re-post)
ABOUT FUGGEN TIME!!!! PBJ PBJ
Collins couldnt hit water if he fell out of a fu@ken boat.
If there was ever a day for a starting rookie QB to shine its gonna be tomorrow.

http://www.raiders.com/newsroom/newsroomNewsDetail.jsp?id=23451

Tui Discusses Opportunity
December 7, 2005

The Ra!ders selected QB Marques Tuiasosopo in the second round of the 2001 NFL Draft.
Getty Images
Marques Tuiasosopo will make his second career start at quarterback when The Oakland Ra!ders face the New York Jets at Giants Stadium in the Meadowlands of New Jersey this Sunday. The fifth-year player out of the University of Washington says he is excited about the opportunity. "It means a lot, I am excited to get out and play and, with the rest of these guys in the locker room, find a way to win a ballgame this week," Tuiasosopo told the media after Wednesday morning's walk-through practice.
The Ra!ders drafted the 6'1", 220-pound signal-caller in the second round of the 2001 NFL Draft. He has completed 28 of 49 regular season attempts for 358 yards during his career. He has also rushed six times for 22 yards.
"I have a mobility part of my game, if something breaks down I can keep a play alive or get out of harm's way, and bring a spark that way," Tuiasosopo said. "I enjoy playing the game and hopefully that will show."
The Ra!ders take on the New York Jets this week, and Tuiasosopo says he is focused and committed to his preparation for this Sunday's game.
"We have four games left, we have to find a way to win and feel good about ourselves. That's what we're focusing on," Tuiasosopo said. "It'll be exciting getting to prepare all week. We want to win and want to try to finish on a high note and that starts this week."
Tuiasosopo's first career start came at Ford Field against the Detroit Lions during the 2003 season.

the Talking Can
12-10-2005, 08:13 AM
too bad his career was ruined the minute the Raiders drafted him...

Over-Head
12-10-2005, 08:22 AM
too bad his career was ruined the minute the Raiders drafted him...

That remains to be seen.
If memory serves me correctly, Green wasn't so well liked OR shit hot when you mighty Chiefs got him way back when either ;)

morphius
12-10-2005, 08:27 AM
That remains to be seen.
If memory serves me correctly, Green wasn't so well liked OR shit hot when you mighty Chiefs got him way back when either ;)
Well, Green was taken from the Skins to be the Starter in StL, and the Chiefs decided that he was worth a first round pick even sitting behind Kurt. It wasn't till this year that they have even found someone worthy of starting in Washington.

Getting Collins off the field was a brilliant move, signing him was the huge mistake. I'm personally glad that both games we got to play against that worthless piece of crap.

the Talking Can
12-10-2005, 08:32 AM
That remains to be seen.

yeah, but he wasn't drafted by the Raiders...that's the point...

4th and Long
12-10-2005, 08:35 AM
Sorry OH but the QB change won't matter. Your O line couldn't protect Collins and it sure won't fair any better for Tuiasopoppyhead either. :p

Over-Head
12-10-2005, 08:42 AM
Well, Green was taken from the Skins to be the Starter in StL, and the Chiefs decided that he was worth a first round pick even sitting behind Kurt. It wasn't till this year that they have even found someone worthy of starting in Washington.

Getting Collins off the field was a brilliant move, signing him was the huge mistake. I'm personally glad that both games we got to play against that worthless piece of crap.

All jokes aside about career moves, I agree. Norv was an idiot for letting Collins play this long. Sure he's got a great arm for a deep ball, too bad he cant aim it worth a shit for our WR's to have any hope at all of catching most of his misguided lobs.

Tui in practice has looked good.
Will he win Sunday? Who knows, Id like to see it happen, but we are talking about his 2nd ever start, behind a bunch of men who have nothing left to even win for this season.
All in all Id say the boys in for a rough afternoon. :shake:

morphius
12-10-2005, 09:02 AM
All jokes aside about career moves, I agree. Norv was an idiot for letting Collins play this long. Sure he's got a great arm for a deep ball, too bad he cant aim it worth a shit for our WR's to have any hope at all of catching most of his misguided lobs.

Tui in practice has looked good.
Will he win Sunday? Who knows, Id like to see it happen, but we are talking about his 2nd ever start, behind a bunch of men who have nothing left to even win for this season.
All in all Id say the boys in for a rough afternoon. :shake:
Well, if they like Tui maybe they will show up for him.

Of course I would take it one step farther then blaming Norv, I would say that Davis was an idiot for hiring Norv to begin with. The guy has always failed as a HC.

Ultra Peanut
12-10-2005, 09:10 AM
It kind of makes me sad that "Tuiasosopo" just doesn't seem like a terribly exotic name anymore; at least, not as much as it did at the turn of the century.

Over-Head
12-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Well, if they like Tui maybe they will show up for him.

Of course I would take it one step farther then blaming Norv, I would say that Davis was an idiot for hiring Norv to begin with. The guy has always failed as a HC.

We HAD a great HC in Chuckie. Too bad AD fu@ked that one up too!.
Calahan would have been good if it had been any toerh team at that SB. Who would have thought those tow would meet again?

It's been so damn long since we had a descent HC I can't remember the last one. Shell? Hell, maybe Madden was the last good one. :hmmm:

Over-Head
12-10-2005, 09:11 AM
It kind of makes me sad that "Tuiasosopo" just doesn't seem like a terribly exotic name anymore; at least, not as much as it did at the turn of the century.
ROFL

Ultra Peanut
12-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Speaking of which, whither Zach?

I blame him for flooding the market.

morphius
12-10-2005, 09:18 AM
We HAD a great HC in Chuckie. Too bad AD fu@ked that one up too!.
Calahan would have been good if it had been any toerh team at that SB. Who would have thought those tow would meet again?

It's been so damn long since we had a descent HC I can't remember the last one. Shell? Hell, maybe Madden was the last good one. :hmmm:
To think you had Chuckie and Shanahan who have won 3 SB's since getting traded or dumped by Al, and in that span Oak has 0 SB wins.

At least our ex coach was able to keep with tradition and choke in the playoffs last year.

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 04:35 AM
To think you had Chuckie and Shanahan who have won 3 SB's since getting traded or dumped by Al, and in that span Oak has 0 SB wins.

At least our ex coach was able to keep with tradition and choke in the playoffs last year.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
I can only wonder who AD brings in to give us another 4-12 year next season? :banghead:
I mean if Norv don't get his pink slip this season, i'll be VERY surprised.

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 04:44 AM
http://nfl.com/teams/story/OAK/9083366

Oh happy day's are here again :) .
Have I ever mentioned I really, really, DON"T LIKE Collins?
On the other side, here's Tui who has been waiting paitently on the side with a contract set to expire, could make for an intresting off season to say the least.

Ra!ders bench Collins, will start Tuiasosopo

NFL.com wire reports

ALAMEDA, Calif. (Dec. 7, 2005) -- Marques Tuiasosopo will start at quarterback for the Oakland Ra!ders, who benched veteran Kerry Collins.

With no postseason to play for, the Ra!ders (4-8) are casting an eye toward the future. Oakland coach Norv Turner gave Tuiasosopo the nod and announced he will start Dec. 11 on the road against the New York Jets.

"It means a lot," said Tuiasosopo, whose lone NFL start came in 2003. "I am excited to get out and play and, with the rest of these guys in the locker room, find a way to win a ballgame this week. That's what I am most excited about."

Tuiasosopo, a second-round pick in 2001, has played in only eight NFL games.

Turner hinted earlier in the week a change might be made. Collins has the third-most passing yards in the league this season but has generated only four victories, who were eliminated from playoff contention with a loss last week at San Diego.

Collins played well early in the season but has struggled the last month. After suffering only one interception in Oakland's first six games, Collins has been picked off seven times in four weeks.

Despite several offseason moves, including the acquisitions of wide receiver Randy Moss and running back LaMont Jordan, the Ra!ders have been a disappointment on offense this season. Oakland will miss the playoffs for the third consecutive season after playing in Super Bowl XXXVII.

Collins, signed as a free agent before last season, has taken the brunt of criticism for the Ra!ders' poor record. In each of Oakland's previous three home games the quarterback was booed heavily by fans, who repeatedly chanted for Turner to put Tuiasosopo in the lineup.

"I'm not happy about it," said Collins, who will be Oakland's No. 2 quarterback against the Jets. "I feel like this is my team. I feel like I give us the best chance to win Sunday. ... Having said that, I respect what Norv decided to do and I'll help Tui any way I can."

Tuiasosopo's only NFL start was two years ago against the Detroit Lions. He filled in for injured Rich Gannon, but that outing lasted less than a half because Tuiasosopo sustained a season-ending injury to his left knee.

Turner said this move was made to spark Oakland's struggling offense and to get an extended look at Tuiasosopo.

"Kerry hasn't performed as well as I'd like," Turner said. "There's things he knows he can do better, things I know he can do better. We need to see Tui play. Where we are right now in terms of the things we're doing best on offense and where we're struggling, I think Tui can help us there with his movement."

Tuiasosopo has one year remaining on the contract he originally signed as a rookie and is eligible for free agency in 2007. Collins is earning the veteran's minimum salary this season but will be due millions in base pay, roster bonus and incentives next season if he remains in Oakland.

"I am going to just go out and play and hopefully my play will do all the talking," Tuiasosopo said. "I am not worried about the future now. I am worried about this weekend and getting ready and helping this team by having the best chance of winning."

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2005, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

Skip Towne
12-11-2005, 04:57 AM
Ah, listening to the Fade moan and groan makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 05:02 AM
Ah, listening to the Fade moan and groan makes me all warm and fuzzy.
No doubt ya sadistic bastage ROFL

wazu
12-11-2005, 10:46 AM
This could be good. Maybe he'll provide a spark and they'll suddenly get their act together in time to play Denver.

It's a reach, but any hope is hope.

Rain Man
12-11-2005, 10:49 AM
We're all hoping that Oakland will sweep the last four games.

BigChiefFan
12-11-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm surprised by the move. Collins is a better QB at this point in time. He's made some mistakes, but he's still a decent QB.

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm surprised by the move. Collins is a better QB at this point in time. He's made some mistakes, but he's still a decent QB.
Are you on crack? :hmmm:

wazu
12-11-2005, 11:47 AM
The only reason I'm skeptical is that I don't think Collins is really the problem. The Raiders have good players. Norv Turner is just a horrible head coach.

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 11:50 AM
The only reason I'm skeptical is that I don't think Collins is really the problem. The Raiders have good players. Norv Turner is just a horrible head coach.
I agree. I never liked Norv, and probably never will.
I'm only watching the game through NFL.com, but so far looks like the R Def is holding, they just forced Jersey to punt. PBJ

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 11:57 AM
DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, Ty law with an INT :banghead: :banghead:

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Oh sweet dancen jesus, why not just give them the fuggen touchdown.
1st and goal at te 3. :banghead: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 12:00 PM
3-2 Incomplete, yeah!! Now they only get 3 :(

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Drive looking good so far

Current Drive - (Last Play on Bottom)
Oakland Raiders begin at 5:13
M.Nugent kicks 55 yards from NYJ 30 to OAK 15. C.Carr to OAK 29 for 14 yards (O.Celestin). PENALTY on OAK-O.Easy, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at OAK 29.
1-10-OAK 19 (5:04) L.Jordan left end to OAK 22 for 3 yards (E.Coleman, M.Brown).
2-7-OAK 22 (4:24) PENALTY on OAK-C.Anderson, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at OAK 22 - No Play.
2-12-OAK 17 (4:08) L.Jordan up the middle to OAK 19 for 2 yards (J.Vilma, M.Brown).
3-10-OAK 19 (3:25) M.Tuiasosopo pass to D.Gabriel to OAK 33 for 14 yards (J.Miller).
1-10-OAK 33 (2:38) A.Whitted left end pushed ob at NYJ 40 for 27 yards (E.Coleman).
1-10-NYJ 40 (2:07) L.Jordan left tackle to NYJ 36 for 4 yards (O.Celestin).

Ok, were at least in FG range PBJ

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 12:18 PM
PBJ PBJ were on the board PBJ PBJ

phxchief
12-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Good to know the future's bright for the Raider's......... opponents.

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 01:05 PM
A little pass protection wouldn't be too much to ask would it? :cuss:

4th and Long
12-11-2005, 01:10 PM
A little pass protection wouldn't be too much to ask would it? :cuss:
Hasn't that been your team's motto all season?

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Hasn't that been your team's motto all season?
That and "Collins YOU SUCK" :D

PastorMikH
12-11-2005, 01:14 PM
That was a beautiful pass that Tui completed to Ty Law!

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 01:15 PM
That was a beautiful pass that Tui completed to Ty Law!
Wasn't it though :banghead:

mlyonsd
12-11-2005, 01:15 PM
No offense OH, but laughing at the Raiders has become kinda boring.

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 01:17 PM
No offense OH, but laughing at the Raiders has become kinda boring.
Blasphemy you say! :cuss:
Are you sure your "REALLY" a Chiefs fan? :hmmm:

4th and Long
12-11-2005, 01:18 PM
No, he's correct. After these last few years, laughing at your team is like throwing rocks at the wheelchair bound paraplegic kid down the street.

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 01:23 PM
No, he's correct. After these last few years, laughing at your team is like throwing rocks at the wheelchair bound paraplegic kid down the street.
Oh my god, is there no real men left among you? :deevee:

4th and Long
12-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Oh my god, is there no real men left among you? :deevee:
Sure there is. If I met you on the street this very day and you were weaing your Chokeland gear, I'd still man up and punt your nut sack a good 50 yards. :D :p

mlyonsd
12-11-2005, 01:26 PM

Don't worry, I still hope Ben Davidson rots in hell.

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Don't worry, I still hope Ben Davidson rots in hell.
THANKS, azzhole :D

mlyonsd
12-11-2005, 01:29 PM
THANKS, azzhole :D
:)

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 01:36 PM
PBJ PBJ TOUCHDOWN PBJ PBJ

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 02:16 PM
We lost and it sucks!
But give Tui some passs protection and he'll be great next week. :thumb:

Valiant
12-11-2005, 02:29 PM
As long as you beat the donks I do not care... But collins would have got the victory today... And what is with the Raiders not throwing the ball hardly at all towards Moss... I do not care if he has not practiced that much, he is a stud on the field...

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 02:37 PM
And what is with the Raiders not throwing the ball hardly at all towards Moss... I do not care if he has not practiced that much, he is a stud on the field...
I haven't figured that one out yet? :hmmm: