PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs to raise ticket prices for 06

alanm
12-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Ticket price increase

Tickets for 2006 Chiefs home games will average $72.58, the club announced Friday. It represents the first ticket-price increase in two years.

This season’s average price was $67.33. Upper-level tickets will decrease in price to $49. It’s designed for people wanting to buy a season-ticket package for under $500.

Parking prices will increase in the red reserved ($25) and gold reserved ($32.50) lots. The cash lots will remain priced at $20.

The 2006 ticket prices: Club, $88. Field box, $79. Upper box, $73. Field reserve, $68. Upper reserve, $64. Student/senior, $50.
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/13374389.htm

alanm
12-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Let the bitching and moaning begin. :p

4th and Long
12-10-2005, 09:22 AM
This was on the news last night. I'm surprised no one started screaming when it aired.

DaFace
12-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Upper-level tickets will decrease in price to $49.

The 2006 ticket prices: Upper box, $73. Upper reserve, $64.

This seems like a contradiction to me. Any idea what they're talking about when they say that UL tickets will be $49?

CoMoChief
12-10-2005, 09:45 AM
I saw this coming when CP signed his new deal.

Simplex3
12-10-2005, 09:52 AM
ROFL They went a whole two years without raising prices more than 10%? ROFL

This move could backfire big time if they miss the playoffs and bring in some schlub to coach.

Eleazar
12-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Every year they have a winning record they go up. If they don't they stay the same. Seems like clockwork.

KCFalcon59
12-10-2005, 11:12 AM
This seems like a contradiction to me. Any idea what they're talking about when they say that UL tickets will be $49?

It's probably the last row at the top.

Eleazar
12-10-2005, 11:16 AM
I think it's the student/senior tickets.

Mecca
12-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Well Kevin Keitzman has his entire show for Monday now.......

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 01:01 PM
They are trying to keep out the riff raff.

Nzoner
12-10-2005, 01:02 PM
The ONLY way I renew is to be offered a buy one get one free and I KNOW Carl won't be doing that.

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 01:04 PM
The ONLY way I renew is to be offered a buy one get one free and I KNOW Carl won't be doing that.
You're just not a real fan.

Nzoner
12-10-2005, 01:11 PM
You're just not a real fan.

I was a "real" fan for 13 years,I'm ready to enjoy the gameroom for a full season instead of 8 weeks.

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 01:18 PM
I was a "real" fan for 13 years,I'm ready to enjoy the gameroom for a full season instead of 8 weeks.
I'd rather watch the games at your gameroom anyway. We will have to require, however, that you change your name to Gameroomer.

Nzoner
12-10-2005, 01:28 PM
I'd rather watch the games at your gameroom anyway. We will have to require, however, that you change your name to Gameroomer.

Like too many people even get this nik,I just got a smoke from BigRedchief the other night wanting to know what section I sat in.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-10-2005, 02:21 PM
No playoff wins for a pathetic 13 straight years and not to mention no Super Bowl appearances for 30 plus, and the Chiefs keep on raising ticket prices?!

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/10900/brilliant.jpg

BRILLIANT!

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 03:06 PM
When I first got my season tickets they were $21 and we just drafted this guy named DT. Those were the days. Now it is just not the same. The games this year have been fun-but I dropped $125 on the Donks game. Plus I missed several big plays because of the long lines in the bathroom. I never did get anything from the concession stand, the lines were 15 deep all day. I think my group will still go to opener and a few more-but will spend the money on out of town trips to games-at least it is a different experience. Game day has not changed in years-same lame red boxes with balloons-same crappy fireworks-if your lucky a fly over-same crowded pissers-same expensive beers-$8 would get me a six of good beer.

It is not like they have any direction at all. In King Carls mind we are an elite team and the fans are privilaged to be allowed to pay their hard earned money to him. He has it backwards-the Chiefs should be kissing the fans ass for being a joke all these years. That place will be empty next year at those prices if we don't at least make the playoffs.

Mecca
12-10-2005, 03:14 PM
When I first got my season tickets they were $21 and we just drafted this guy named DT. Those were the days. Now it is just not the same. The games this year have been fun-but I dropped $125 on the Donks game. Plus I missed several big plays because of the long lines in the bathroom. I never did get anything from the concession stand, the lines were 15 deep all day. I think my group will still go to opener and a few more-but will spend the money on out of town trips to games-at least it is a different experience. Game day has not changed in years-same lame red boxes with balloons-same crappy fireworks-if your lucky a fly over-same crowded pissers-same expensive beers-$8 would get me a six of good beer.

It is not like they have any direction at all. In King Carls mind we are an elite team and the fans are privilaged to be allowed to pay their hard earned money to him. He has it backwards-the Chiefs should be kissing the fans ass for being a joke all these years. That place will be empty next year at those prices if we don't at least make the playoffs.

Sometimes you amuse me when you act like we are the Arizona Cardinals.....oddly they can get a new stadium approved and we can't how bizarre.

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Cardinals?

I should be sending Carl a big thankyou-some guy actually unlocked 5 extra Johnie on the spots-I think they figured a few more locks would be cut since it was freakin too cold to stand there in line for so long.

The stadium issue will be an uphill fight-and pissing off your loyal fans year after year is not a good way to start. King Carl needs to stay out of any negotiationsm, because you can't trust a word he says. If we miss the playoffs again-I would like to see him gone-A complete new direstion-his five year plan has run out of time.

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Like too many people even get this nik,I just got a smoke from BigRedchief the other night wanting to know what section I sat in.
Hahahaha

Lord Bestyle
12-10-2005, 05:13 PM

I'm so dense that you had to explain it to me... during the game... in Section 338... behind the endzone. :doh!:

opraider
12-11-2005, 12:46 AM
I like the $25 for reserved parking the best!

Halfcan
12-11-2005, 12:53 AM
At least they give you a bunch of stuff at the gate-I liked the loaf of bread day. Thanks for the $20, have a calander, newspaper, or a loaf of bread.

BigRedChief
12-11-2005, 12:53 AM
I'll be renewing. I you are not renewing and have better seats than section 111 shoot me a smoke and lets talk.

DaFace
12-11-2005, 12:55 AM
I'll be a first-year season ticket holder, currently holding nose bleeds. I'd also love to talk with anyone with better seats if you're gonna throw 'em away.

BigRedChief
12-11-2005, 12:57 AM
I'll be a first-year season ticket holder, currently holding nose bleeds. I'd also love to talk with anyone with better seats.

Get your own seat upgrade thread. :harumph:

Dunit35
12-11-2005, 12:57 AM
This came with it.

One week after his return from a serious foot injury, defensive tackle Ryan Sims probably will play more Sunday against the Cowboys.

Coach Dick Vermeil said Friday that he was unsure whether Sims would start but that the Chiefs would play him “without concern for his position.”

“Whatever reps we need to play him,” Vermeil said, “he’ll play.”

Sims was a starter when he went down in the season opener against the Jets. After dealing with a long injury list for much of the season, Vermeil said the Chiefs are the healthiest they’ve been all year.

It led to a week of practices that Vermeil called deliberate and businesslike.

“We’re healthy, and that’s very good,” Vermeil said. “The only thing negative about being healthy is your 46-man roster decisions become a little tougher and maybe you hurt some feelings with some guys who may not get to play who have prepared to play.”

Call him Kavika

He’s the Chiefs’ most improved player on defense, and now the new Kawika Mitchell has a different pronunciation.

The P.A. guys call him Kuh-VEE-ka.

Mitchell says he doesn’t want his son to be confused over his Hawaiian descent. Where Mitchell is from, the W’s are pronounced as V’s.

The pronunciation was obviously puzzling a few teammates, because fellow linebacker Kendrell Bell joined in on a conversation Friday and asked Mitchell, “What do you want us to call you?”

“Call me master,” Mitchell joked.

DaFace
12-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Get your own seat upgrade thread. :harumph:

Heh...I'd be surpirsed if anyone responds to either of us, so good luck! :)

Halfcan
12-11-2005, 12:58 AM
So like 76,000 folks? Your nosebleeders are going down at least.

BigRedChief
12-11-2005, 01:01 AM
Heh...I'd be surpirsed if anyone responds to either of us, so good luck! :)
I begged and pleaded all winter and all I got was an offer for $5K to move down to where I ended up anyway through the official season ticket seat improvement program

cmh6476
12-11-2005, 01:02 AM
with the cap going up to near $95m, I thought this might be coming. Doesn't really bother me as long as they continue to spend up to the cap. I wouldn't care if the Royals raised their prices if they would actually spend in the $70s or so...

Halfcan
12-11-2005, 01:03 AM
Please call me hal "V" can so I don't confuse myself with someone from Hawaii, My F's sound like V's after a twelfe pack.

kregger
12-11-2005, 01:04 AM

C'mon Nzoner, as a fellow 338, you can't be serious.

Halfcan
12-11-2005, 01:13 AM
Our group used to have 5 tickets, then I dropped my two, so we went to 4 and I picked up just one last year. This year I went to the games I wanted-no freakin preseason rip off games at full price. I might go to the Bungles if I am not too hung over. But Xmas eve is out.

Nzoner
12-11-2005, 01:27 AM
C'mon Nzoner, as a fellow 338, you can't be serious.

It's been a good ride,but it's time to spend a season in my gameroom.

12-11-2005, 01:43 AM
Carl is at it again. :cuss::cuss::cuss: