PDA

View Full Version : "Expert" Picks

Bob Dole
12-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Funny that all the media this week has basically been writing off KC at Dallas, but the ESPN picks are starting to show up and the first 3 pick KC.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

Mr. Kotter
12-10-2005, 11:12 AM
Funny that all the media this week has basically been writing off KC at Dallas, but the ESPN picks are starting to show up and the first 3 pick KC.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

We win on Sunday, the rest of the folks will have to take notice...

Warrior5
12-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Will it surprise anyone if Salisbury picks the Cowboys?

morphius
12-10-2005, 11:25 AM
We win on Sunday, the rest of the folks will have to take notice...
Unless Denver or the Chargers start losing, they are going to ignore us. Especially considering that each game gets progressively harder, so we may here, "Well, the won this week, but next week they face so and so".

But as long as we keep winning, I'm not going to care.

Mr. Kotter
12-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Unless Denver or the Chargers start losing, they are going to ignore us. Especially considering that each game gets progressively harder, so we may here, "Well, the won this week, but next week they face so and so".

But as long as we keep winning, I'm not going to care.

Morph, did you change my name....to what Parker had made it, or is Parker messin' with me?

Do me a favor, and quote this post.... :hmmm:

carlos3652
12-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Jaworski has only missed 3 of his last 32 picks (2 weeks)

He picked:
Jets (loss to NO)
Raiders (loss to miami)
Falcons (loss to Carolina)

Hoge only missed 2

Raiders (loss to miami)
Pitts (loss to Cincy)

morphius
12-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Morph, did you change my name....to what Parker had made it, or is Parker messin' with me?

Do me a favor, and quote this post.... :hmmm:
I didn't do anything to your post, just a quote.

Mr. Kotter
12-10-2005, 11:33 AM
I didn't do anything to your post, just a quote.

:hmmm:

Warrior5
12-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Will it surprise anyone if Salisbury picks the Cowboys?

Oh yeah, and Hoge too?

ceebz
12-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Who cares? I like the fact that the media is not giving the Chiefs a chance.

It gives them that "us against the world", mentality.

morphius
12-10-2005, 11:44 AM
:hmmm:
I'm not much into changing names to make fun of people. I prefer being much more sinister.

Bob Dole
12-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Who cares? I like the fact that the media is not giving the Chiefs a chance.

It gives them that "us against the world", mentality.

It's not a matter of actually "caring." It's just interesting to watch.

Great work!

http://www.mobica.com/images/high-five.jpg

ceebz
12-10-2005, 12:00 PM

Great work!

Interesting that some ESPN "experts" think a red hot Chiefs team can beat a floundering Cowgirls team?

Hardly.

Bob Dole
12-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Interesting that some ESPN "experts" think a red hot Chiefs team can beat a floundering Cowgirls team?

Hardly.

Try to keep up.

It's interesting that the Chiefs are +3 in Vegas and every single major media article written this past week has picked the Cowboys, but now that the "experts" are submitting their picks, the first 3 published on ESPN are for KC.

4th and Long
12-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Bob Dole has been passing out a lot of high fives lately. :hmmm:

Nzoner

I was checking out a thread on the AFC Play-Offs last night on one of my FF sites.At that time there were 25+ posts and not one mention of KC.

morphius

Hardly.
I think you are missing the point, he is saying that the "Experts" having been talking how the Cowboy's should win this game all week, but when push comes to shove they are picking the Chiefs.

ceebz
12-10-2005, 12:19 PM
I think you are missing the point, he is saying that the "Experts" having been talking how the Cowboy's should win this game all week, but when push comes to shove they are picking the Chiefs.

Honestly, I haven't seen many "experts" say that the Cowboys should win. Hell, even Darren Woodsen picked the Chiefs.

What I have heard, is that there's no way the Chiefs make the playoffs because of their schedule. I do think that the consensus is, the Cowgirls are the Chiefs 'easiest' remaining game.

elvomito
12-10-2005, 12:24 PM
i'm very confident this will be our 4th win in a row.
btw, when's the last time the chiefs won 4straight?

morphius
12-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Honestly, I haven't seen many "experts" say that the Cowboys should win. Hell, even Darren Woodsen picked the Chiefs.

What I have heard, is that there's no way the Chiefs make the playoffs because of their schedule. I do think that the consensus is, the Cowgirls are the Chiefs 'easiest' remaining game.
I haven't watched any of it this week, I was just going on what Bob said.

Nzoner
12-10-2005, 12:59 PM

Wow,was 2003 really that long ago?

Rain Man
12-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Wow,was 2003 really that long ago?

That was 9 straight, not 4. Pay attention.

chefsos
12-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Wasn't it last year? they went from 3-8 to 7-8 as I recall, before that SD game.

Nzoner
12-10-2005, 01:25 PM
That was 9 straight, not 4. Pay attention.

My bad.

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 03:14 PM
I will be able to sleep good tonight knowing espn experts are picking us. Thank God for espn!!!

tk13
12-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Yeah both Sclereth and Woodson picked the Chiefs on ESPN last night. Woodson cited that he thinks Dallas' O-line is just too banged up, and Sclereth said he's picking the Chiefs because of Larry Johnson, expects another big day.

Most of the other talk I've seen this week does just center around how hard the schedule is. The only positive thing I remember was from Salisbury, who said if the Chiefs get in the playoffs with that schedule, watch out because they're going to be on fire.

MichaelH
12-10-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm surprised Theismann picked the Chiefs. Hell is sure to freeze over soon.

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Chrissy Carter is picking Dallas-he says our new running style with LJ won't hold up against the Cowgirls front four. Wow the whole game comes down to LJ now-I didn't realize he was our whole team. Thank God for LJ then. I think the defense will be glad to hear they don't have to show up. I wonder how anyone would pay for this guys so called "expert" opinion.

nascher
12-10-2005, 04:26 PM
If we beat Dallas the media will continue to beat the drum
next week they will loose ;).