PDA

View Full Version : If Halfcan was the GM of the Chiefs!!

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 03:00 PM
First I wouldn't raise tickets-why piss off all your loyal fans like that. The home field advantage has been going downhill for years.

Next I would change the entire coaching staff except Gun-give DV a huge sendoff to show appreciation for his hard work. Then bring in a defensive-minded young guru.

I would trade LJ for two first rounders-or at least a 1st and third.

We would bring in two quality WR's through free agency.

Guys like Black, Warfield, Barber, Junior-would be gone.

I would rebuild the Offensive line and Def line in the draft. Add two quality corners to compliment Surtain, Wesley, and Knight.

I would start grooming a QB of the future-even if it took one of our first rounders.

As far as the Stadium-I would shoot anyone saying to move them to BFE Kansas-lol, No Dome made of cloth, and would keep the interior of the stadium but expand the concourse so it doesn't wast half an hour everythime you want a beer and take a piss.

What would you do if you had the job?

Mecca
12-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Our team would suck ass if you were GM because you don't understand much about how the NFL works. No one would even get you a 1st round pick for LJ.......no one would give one up for Edge or Shaun Alexander.

You just have no clue how things work in the league.

Woodrow Call
12-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Trading LJ and getting rid of Warfield. :shake:

Wile_E_Coyote
12-10-2005, 03:04 PM
is this 4th

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Your and idiot, n00b.

Brock
12-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Are you really dumb enough to think LJ is would bring 1, let alone 2, first round picks?

Spicy McHaggis
12-10-2005, 03:07 PM
This thread confuses and scares me.

Mecca
12-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Are you really dumb enough to think LJ is would bring 1, let alone 2, first round picks?

Judging by his other posts,yes, yes he is.

Crush
12-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Matt Millen, is that you?

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 03:10 PM
I'd trade Willie Roaf for 6 first rounders.

beer bacon
12-10-2005, 03:14 PM
If I was the GM of the Chiefs I would put a vending machine in the cafeteria, and I would add 10 minutes onto rec time!

Halfcan
First off LJ is a lot younger than Edge-and Alexander-someone would pay at least a first. Second-lets hear your suggestions for winning a playoff game for the first time in 13 years? It starts with a new GM.

Crush
I would trade LJ for two first rounders-or at least a 1st and third.

I dare you to make less sense.

Mecca
12-10-2005, 03:17 PM
This thread is proof of what to much Rush can do to ones brain.

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Mods - Please change his name to Halfass.

jidar
12-10-2005, 03:19 PM
If it were my team I'd Hire Bill Belichick to coach then Payton Manning as Quarterback. I'd have Chad Johnson, Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison at WR and Ladainian Tomlinson at RB backed up by LJ.
In the offseason I'd made sure we picked up Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart for the future.

That's the right way to do it. Damnit Carl!

Mecca
12-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Halftard.....although he usually says things that are fully retarded.

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Mecca I remember I few of your post, supporting half the guys on IR making the final cut-so your out as GM also-lol.

So you guys think-no team is going to draft a running back after Reggie Bush gets picked at number one? Why not pull a trade and get a young, angry, proven 1500 yard runner-instead of an unproven guy that could be a bust?

We need some help on both lines also and Green will not play forever-oh yeah we have maytag Collins.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-10-2005, 03:22 PM
8/'78
8/'77
11/'79

tk13
12-10-2005, 03:23 PM
If it were my team I'd Hire Bill Belichick to coach then Payton Manning as Quarterback. I'd have Chad Johnson, Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison at WR and Ladainian Tomlinson at RB backed up by LJ.
In the offseason I'd made sure we picked up Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart for the future.

That's the right way to do it. Damnit Carl!
Oh yeah? Well I'd use cloning technology to create 27 year old versions of Deacon Jones, Dick Butkus, and Ronnie Lott. My team would RULE!

Mecca
12-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Mecca I remember I few of your post, supporting half the guys on IR making the final cut-so your out as GM also-lol.

So you guys think-no team is going to draft a running back after Reggie Bush gets picked at number one? Why not pull a trade and get a young, angry, proven 1500 yard runner-instead of an unproven guy that could be a bust?

We need some help on both lines also and Green will not play forever-oh yeah we have maytag Collins.

Yes, because someone got hurt in week 8 and went on IR makes you a shitty GM for having him on the team out of camp.........man that's great logic you got working there.

Brock
12-10-2005, 03:27 PM
First off LJ is a lot younger than Edge-and Alexander-someone would pay at least a first.

No - They wouldn't. There probably isn't a team in the league that would rather have Johnson than either of those two guys.

Tribal Warfare
12-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Oh yeah? Well I'd use cloning technology to create 27 year old versions of Deacon Jones, Dick Butkus, and Ronnie Lott. My team would RULE!

so what your team would never defeat my team of one ..............

Scanlon

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 03:30 PM
Big changes will be coming next year-I thought it would be fun to talk about-Jeez you guys are so freakin serious today.

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 03:32 PM
No - They wouldn't. There probably isn't a team in the league that would rather have Johnson than either of those two guys.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. LJ has a considerably higher ypc than either of those. LJ = 4.9. Alexander = 4.5. Edge = 4.4.

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Plus they are at the end of their careers with a huge cap number. LJ is a bargin right now cap wise-Carl did handpick this guy-so I guess he deserves some props for that-I do remember lots of folks being pissed off-noone wanted him.

You can't deny he has talent-but I just can't stand his attitude. After having Allen and Preist-I guess I am spoiled-just make the TD and hand the ball to the ref.

Brock
12-10-2005, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about that. LJ has a considerably higher ypc than either of those. LJ = 4.9. Alexander = 4.5. Edge = 4.4.

Tatum Bell = 6.2. That doesn't mean he's better.

Larry Johnson has a long way to go before he's a proven guy.

Nightfyre
12-10-2005, 03:46 PM
I'd be willing to bet that Alexander and edge wouldhave considerably better YPC behind the KC line...

4th and Long
12-10-2005, 03:49 PM
is this 4th
:shake:

beer bacon
12-10-2005, 03:50 PM
I'd be willing to bet that Alexander and edge wouldhave considerably better YPC behind the KC line...

I am not sure about that. Maybe Edge, although their passing game opens up their running game a lot. The left side of Seattle's O-line is devasting against the run.

morphius
12-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Plus they are at the end of their careers with a huge cap number. LJ is a bargin right now cap wise-Carl did handpick this guy-so I guess he deserves some props for that-I do remember lots of folks being pissed off-noone wanted him.

You can't deny he has talent-but I just can't stand his attitude. After having Allen and Preist-I guess I am spoiled-just make the TD and hand the ball to the ref.
Yeah, cause Priest never spiked the ball, well except for those times that he did. And no way Priest would put his going over the endzone line pose on appearal and try to sell it, well expcet that he did...

Priest is obviously a punk...

Mecca
12-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah, cause Priest never spiked the ball, well except for those times that he did. And no way Priest would put his going over the endzone line pose on appearal and try to sell it, well expcet that he did...

Priest is obviously a punk...

Priest also threatened to hold out if he didn't get a new contract........what a punk.

morphius
12-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Dumping your second best corner is not a wise thing to do? Do you know how many bad CB's there are in the league right, and how hard it is to find one as good as Warfield? You may not like him, he has done some stupid things, but the guy is playing better every damn week now. Hell, almost had 2 picks last week and tipped the one right into Surtains hands.

carlos3652
12-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Wow... :shake: didnt think Half could not get any worse, but he surprises everyone...

But if I were GM I would draft WR, OT, and best available defensive player in 2006.

I probably would try to aquire Ramsey/Schuab/Sage(miami) when the become FA. or trade 3 or 4th round pics for them.

Aquire 2 Proven FA D Linemen that can handle 3-4. I would also like another CB to replace Washington (age) if Hodge is not ready to go.

Get rid of Woods/McPasson/Stills in the offseason.

2006 Offensive Starters

QB - Trent Green
OLINE - Welbourn, Wiegmann, Waters, Black, Sampson (Drafted/FA OT). (this of course if roaf and shields retire)
RB - LJ
FB - Richardson
WR - Kennison (one more year), Parker
TE - Tony G

2006 Defensive Starters

DLINE - Sims, Allen, Dalton
LB - Barber, Bell, DJ, Mitchell
CB - Surtain, Warfield (Sapp/Hodge split nickel)
S - Wesley, Sammy Knight

2006 ST

K - Tynes
P - Colquitt

Looks alot like this year when Roaf was out on offense, but I think with one year our defense will be strong, (10-15) and our offense still in the 10-15 range.

My .02

Ebolapox
12-10-2005, 04:01 PM
now, a more worthy topic, if halfass owner of CP instead of austinchief, (we'd call him autismchief), he'd neg rep everyone who didn't like rush all because he has sand in his vagina--

-EB-

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Tatum Bell = 6.2. That doesn't mean he's better.

Larry Johnson has a long way to go before he's a proven guy.
Bell has half the carries LJ has. He will come down in ypc.

Bob Dole
12-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Bob Dole got lost right after "fire every coach but Gun and bring in a young defensive minded guru."

What's the point of keeping Cunningham if you're bringing in a defensive minded guru? Are you going to generate revenue selling tickets to the weekly arguments?

Brock
12-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Bell has half the carries LJ has. He will come down in ypc.

I agree. We still don't know that we're comparing apples to apples.

Bob Dole
12-10-2005, 04:06 PM
I agree. We still don't know that we're comparing apples to apples.

Are you calling LJ a fruit? It sure sounds like you're calling him a fruit.

NTTAWWT.

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 04:06 PM
LJ's ypc didn't go down at all when both tackles were out so I'd take that bet.

morphius
12-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Black also played pretty well on the right side last year, if he gets to concentrate on a position he could be decent depth for the right side. Most likely Welborn will move to Shields position next year with Sampson taking the outside.

ENDelt260
12-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Is the vote coming up for Planet Dumbass of the Year? Halfcan seems to be making a balls-out eleventh hour effort.

Bob Dole
12-10-2005, 04:11 PM
Just think how many first round picks we could get for Scanlon if one of the Roys was the GM of another team. You probably need to consider that, too.

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks for all the kind comments.

How dare I think about the future? DV might be gone, Roaf, Shields, and we might miss the playoffs again. Plus the stadium issue is hanging over the city. Change is coming weather you want to deal with it or not. Just thought it would be fun to talk about the "Kansas" Chiefs.

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Is the vote coming up for Planet Dumbass of the Year? Halfcan seems to be making a balls-out eleventh hour effort.
Halfcan is Gaz without the brains.

ENDelt260
12-10-2005, 04:32 PM
How dare I think about the future?

I think you should buy a flying car.

Mecca
12-10-2005, 04:33 PM
I like how his excuse for saying something really stupid is "I'm looking at the future". It's fine to look at the future but not in a really stupid and unrealistic fashion that would make us win 2 games.

Bob Dole
12-10-2005, 04:37 PM
I think you should buy a flying car.

A solar powered flying car!

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Mecca have you ever posted something in which you didn't sound like an arrogant pr#ck?

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 04:40 PM
lol if I had a flying car, then in a few years I could fly over to Kansas, Pay $35 for parking, pay $120 for a reg season ticket, and then watch King Carls latest team miss the playoffs again.

Mecca
12-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Mecca have you ever posted something in which you didn't sound like an arrogant pr#ck?

Sure, plenty of times. But you can't tell me in all reality what you want to do would make this team better. I prefer the realistic approach over the "hey lets do this" crap that will never happen. I'm pretty sure most other people on this board are also on that boat.

You just consider me arrogant because I don't agree with what you say 99% of the time.........

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Sure, plenty of times. But you can't tell me in all reality what you want to do would make this team better. I prefer the realistic approach over the "hey lets do this" crap that will never happen. I'm pretty sure most other people on this board are also on that boat.

You just consider me arrogant because I don't agree with what you say 99% of the time.........
Yes, but you have to admit he is entertaining. This thread is over 50 replies in an hour and a half.

Mecca
12-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Yes, but you have to admit he is entertaining. This thread is over 50 replies in an hour and a half.

That's because laughing at dumb people is America's favorite past time, especially on this board.

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 04:56 PM
lol 99% I thought it was higher- this was just a "for fun" post to talk about the things that will effect our team coming up very soon.

That is why I put "What would you do if you had the job"????

Still most would rather keep bitching and moaning instead of putting in anything of real use into the conversation.

So we don't need a Qb of the future?
We don't need replacements on both lines?
We don't need a WR?
We don't need at least one more quality shutdown corner?
There is not going to be a big fight over the stadium issues?
Plus a new head coach possibly as soon as next year?

Yeah this is just a stupid post-why worry about all that-we are going to the SB!!

I should of left the LJ trade off-he is doing good lately, so now everyone loves him.

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 05:00 PM
lol 99% I thought it was higher- this was just a "for fun" post to talk about the things that will effect our team coming up very soon.

Still most would rather keep bitching and moaning instead of putting in anything of real use into the conversation.

We don't need a WR?

Yeah this is just a stupid post-why worry about all that-we are going to the SB!!

I should of left the LJ trade off-he is doing good lately, so now everyone loves him.
I loved LJ after seeing him carry the ball 20 times.

Mecca
12-10-2005, 05:02 PM

We don't need a WR?

It's because what you said is unrealistic. We're going to be over the cap and have to shed some guys to get under it. You can talk about what guys you think should be cut, that's fine. But I doubt we're gonna have the money to go out and get very many players this year.

Not to mention your trade scenario is completely dumb based on what's going on in the NFL. No one trades 1st round picks for RB's now. You have to play a certain position to get that like a QB can get a f1st round pick. When you make trades it's about value, trading LJ who's coming into his peak years for at most a 2nd round pick is bad value and a dumb trade.

The Chiefs are going to have to start rebuilding and replacing players for the future but it isn't done in 1 season. This should be more of a gradual transition than a "hey let's cut everyone" type of transition.

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Like not raising tickets again-that is unrealistic for a nonplayoff team?

I suppose we will have to hire a new coach if DV retires-but why talk about that now.

Jeb putzer trade-weather you want to admit-GM's make bad trades for draft picks-LJ is one of the hottest backs in the NFL-he doesn't want to be here so why not trade him? I never said he didn't have talent-I just think he doesn't fit here-Hell Oakland will trade for him-but only after he gets around the 35 years old range and is washed up.

Mecca
12-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Like not raising tickets again-that is unrealistic for a nonplayoff team?

I suppose we will have to hire a new coach if DV retires-but why talk about that now.

Jeb putzer trade-weather you want to admit-GM's make bad trades for draft picks-LJ is one of the hottest backs in the NFL-he doesn't want to be here so why not trade him? I never said he didn't have talent-I just think he doesn't fit here-Hell Oakland will trade for him-but only after he gets around the 35 years old range and is washed up.

Give me a team that would realistically trade for Johnson that isn't in position to draft a RB........trading RB's is low value just due to the high number of good players at his position.

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 05:21 PM
If Mecca was GM-

here is your chance, fix all of the problems

Mecca
12-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Ok rebuilding this team is a few year process not a 1 offseason and done thing. We have some age and bad contracts. In the first round of the draft I would take the best player available because it's likely to either be a Dline or Olineman which are both positions we can use players at.

The only players I think need to be cut right off the bat are Shawn Barber, Jerome Woods, and Dextor McCleon. After that there are situations that can go either way.

With QB's, Green's gonna be back, Collins should be back because you can't replace both backup QB's in 1 year. I'd let Huard go and draft a QB somewhere in rounds 2-5 depending on who's available. If a guy like Jay Cutler is there in late round 2 I'd jump all over that.

At RB the situation is kinda dicey. Is Priest going to retire or is he coming back? If he retires we'll need to either sign or draft a back who's good enough to take a few carries so LJ doesn't die from to many touches. If Priest is coming back then it needs to be made clear to him that LJ is the starter and he is the spell/3rd down back. He would also need to take a paycut due to our cap issues and him being the backup now. If he's not keen on that idea then frankly, I'd release him.

At Fullback hopefully Richardson comes back for another year, I suspect he will come back. I'd like to get a younger FB to back him up that can develop in the same mold. It can be done if your personel guys can point out the talent. FB's rarely get drafted and you can get good ones as UDFA's.

I do think we need a WR, but I'm not sure this is the year to do that. The WR class is as weak as it's been in the last 10 years. But I'm also of the belief that the Chris Horn/Marc Boerigter projects need to end. I also don't think we'll have the money to pursue any free agent WR's like Reggie Wayne or the likely released Eric Moulds. Maybe we could work something to get a Moulds in here for a couple of seasons but it would be a stretch. It's gonna be tough to upgrade WR this year but maybe we can find someone somewhere.

Now on the offensive line Shields retiring doesn't hurt us that much, we can just slide Welbourne over there and fill that spot. Aslong as Roaf returns for another year, which I suspect he will, we'll be fine there. Kevin Sampson was suppose to be our RT this year so it's very possible he could fill that hole next year and we'd be fine. But I'm also of the belief we need some youth at the position and should take a Tackle on the first day of the draft, first round if one of the studs is there. And a guard somewhere in this draft.

Dline, Jared Allen has emerged as a playmaking end that gives us 1 legit player on the line. Ryan Sims looks to be coming around if that continues that gives us 2 legit line players a nice start to a good dline. Lional Dalton and Carlos Hall are both free agents I'm not sure either will be back. Hall should probably be resigned, Dalton on the other hand is getting old and could be replaced. John Browning is getting up there in years and Eric Hicks is just flat out unproductive. I'd like to see Hicks be released after this year but that's unlikely. Junior Siavii hasn't shown alot but he's a recent 2nd round pick so he won't be released yet. This is another position we need to look at using a first day pick on. If the stud LT isn't there we need to seriously consider drafting dline first, it's our biggest weakness on defense.

At LB we're solid, Kawika Mitchells becoming a good player, Derrick Johnsons got the talent. We'll have to restructure Kendrell Bells contract to keep him around though due to cap implications. As I said before I think Barber should be released that's to much money to pay a guy who's not starting. The only other guy I see at this position I'd consider a possible cut is Gary Stills, he doesn't do anything for us other than special teams and obviously he's not helping much.

In the secondary, Surtain and Warfield are one of the better starting corner tandems in the league, you have to keep that. Sapp and Hodge can fill 2 of the other corner spots. McCleon needs to be released along with Woods. You can fill that with a late pick or a 1 year deal with a veteran something like that. We should probably look at drafting a safety at some point in this draft also. I'm not sure how much longer Knight has, he's already slow and he's approaching 30.

I'm satisfied with our kicker and punter at this point in time.

There you have it a detailed breakdown of what I think the Chiefs should do after this season, Are you happy now?

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Not bad-same ideas just longer. Woods, Barber, Junior, Stills, Mcleon-were guys I said to cut at the beginning of the season-yet you argued then to keep them-its good you can admit you were wrong-lol

Collins another year?-if we would have brought someone in, that guy wouldnt have to hang around-but yes he knows the offense even if he can't run or throw.

WR's has been the weakest position on offense for some time-we have to upgrade somehow. The rest I would agree with-well thought out.

You forgot the coaching and asst coaches and the stadium issue-if your GM those are big problems to handle?

milkman
12-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Ok rebuilding this team is a few year process not a 1 offseason and done thing. We have some age and bad contracts. In the first round of the draft I would take the best player available because it's likely to either be a Dline or Olineman which are both positions we can use players at.

The only players I think need to be cut right off the bat are Shawn Barber, Jerome Woods, and Dextor McCleon. After that there are situations that can go either way.

With QB's, Green's gonna be back, Collins should be back because you can't replace both backup QB's in 1 year. I'd let Huard go and draft a QB somewhere in rounds 2-5 depending on who's available. If a guy like Jay Cutler is there in late round 2 I'd jump all over that.

At RB the situation is kinda dicey. Is Priest going to retire or is he coming back? If he retires we'll need to either sign or draft a back who's good enough to take a few carries so LJ doesn't die from to many touches. If Priest is coming back then it needs to be made clear to him that LJ is the starter and he is the spell/3rd down back. He would also need to take a paycut due to our cap issues and him being the backup now. If he's not keen on that idea then frankly, I'd release him.

At Fullback hopefully Richardson comes back for another year, I suspect he will come back. I'd like to get a younger FB to back him up that can develop in the same mold. It can be done if your personel guys can point out the talent. FB's rarely get drafted and you can get good ones as UDFA's.

I do think we need a WR, but I'm not sure this is the year to do that. The WR class is as weak as it's been in the last 10 years. But I'm also of the belief that the Chris Horn/Marc Boerigter projects need to end. I also don't think we'll have the money to pursue any free agent WR's like Reggie Wayne or the likely released Eric Moulds. Maybe we could work something to get a Moulds in here for a couple of seasons but it would be a stretch. It's gonna be tough to upgrade WR this year but maybe we can find someone somewhere.

Now on the offensive line Shields retiring doesn't hurt us that much, we can just slide Welbourne over there and fill that spot. Aslong as Roaf returns for another year, which I suspect he will, we'll be fine there. Kevin Sampson was suppose to be our RT this year so it's very possible he could fill that hole next year and we'd be fine. But I'm also of the belief we need some youth at the position and should take a Tackle on the first day of the draft, first round if one of the studs is there. And a guard somewhere in this draft.

Dline, Jared Allen has emerged as a playmaking end that gives us 1 legit player on the line. Ryan Sims looks to be coming around if that continues that gives us 2 legit line players a nice start to a good dline. Lional Dalton and Carlos Hall are both free agents I'm not sure either will be back. Hall should probably be resigned, Dalton on the other hand is getting old and could be replaced. John Browning is getting up there in years and Eric Hicks is just flat out unproductive. I'd like to see Hicks be released after this year but that's unlikely. Junior Siavii hasn't shown alot but he's a recent 2nd round pick so he won't be released yet. This is another position we need to look at using a first day pick on. If the stud LT isn't there we need to seriously consider drafting dline first, it's our biggest weakness on defense.

At LB we're solid, Kawika Mitchells becoming a good player, Derrick Johnsons got the talent. We'll have to restructure Kendrell Bells contract to keep him around though due to cap implications. As I said before I think Barber should be released that's to much money to pay a guy who's not starting. The only other guy I see at this position I'd consider a possible cut is Gary Stills, he doesn't do anything for us other than special teams and obviously he's not helping much.

In the secondary, Surtain and Warfield are one of the better starting corner tandems in the league, you have to keep that. Sapp and Hodge can fill 2 of the other corner spots. McCleon needs to be released along with Woods. You can fill that with a late pick or a 1 year deal with a veteran something like that. We should probably look at drafting a safety at some point in this draft also. I'm not sure how much longer Knight has, he's already slow and he's approaching 30.

I'm satisfied with our kicker and punter at this point in time.

There you have it a detailed breakdown of what I think the Chiefs should do after this season, Are you happy now?

Nicely done.

I can't see anything here that I even remotely disagree with.

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 06:19 PM
OMG Sidewinder agrees completely with someone, okay who stole his password-lol

I thought you said to keep all those guys too at the beginning of the year-Side-I might be wrong I usually am.

carlos3652
12-10-2005, 06:22 PM

I thought you said to keep all those guys too at the beginning of the year-Side-I might be wrong I usually am.

The reason you can cut them now will probably have to do with cap issues as well Half... I dont think everyone wanted to get rid of these guys but either for cap or injury reasons we needed them... - Im not sure if you are trying to be an ass... or if its just the way you post... its kinda hard to get a feel for you when I can fn read your post without a headache...

Mecca
12-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Halfcan, some of those guys had salary cap implications to being cut. Whether we wanted them cut or not it was about what the team could do. No matter how bad a guy like Jerome Woods sucks the salary cap made it where he couldn't be released this year.

The guys I want released after this year change because of cap implications of cutting them. Also it's another year to get more guys in. You wanted to replace 25-30 guys in 1 year that's practically impossible when trying to make a run.

Teams that replace that many guys are teams that go 4-12 that season.

milkman
12-10-2005, 06:30 PM

I thought you said to keep all those guys too at the beginning of the year-Side-I might be wrong I always am.

There, I fixed your post for you.

And like Mecca, I would have cut them, but realized the cap would make that an imposibility.

Guru
12-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Are you calling LJ a fruit? It sure sounds like you're calling him a fruit.

NTTAWWT.

Oh man, we need to let LJ know about that so he will just smash the entire Dallas D.

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Take a couple of pain pills Carlos and keep reading-lol And no I am not trying to be an ass it just comes naturally.

I understand about the cap-and hopefully we can clear some dead weight when I am the new GM-lol We are going to be dealing with a lot of bad contracts next year. Is it better to keep old players year after year because of bad decisions and still miss the playoffs?

We will likely have a new head coach next year-and a huge stadium fight ahead-I am sure you have the answers for that too?

Mecca
12-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Take a couple of pain pills Carlos and keep reading-lol And no I am not trying to be an ass it just comes naturally.

I understand about the cap-and hopefully we can clear some dead weight when I am the new GM-lol We are going to be dealing with a lot of bad contracts next year. Is it better to keep old players year after year because of bad decisions and still miss the playoffs?

We will likely have a new head coach next year-and a huge stadium fight ahead-I am sure you have the answers for that too?

It's better to keep them when cutting them costs more than keeping them........If we had cut Woods we would have had to cut someone else just to be under the cap. The only time that scenario is ok to cut the guy is if your team is horrible and you're just doing it to get out from under the contract.

Something has to be done for Arrowhead, do you disagree?

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Yeah for sure, the lines were terrible sunday. I missed the Lynch hit waiting to piss. Have you been to Greenbay-they did a nice renovation there-except they kept the shitty benches. Other than that they have a Packers HOF, and an excellent concourse. That is what I would like to see. I like the inside of Arrowhead-still one of the best!