PDA

View Full Version : Bought xbox 360, now what do I do?

Big Dog
12-10-2005, 05:06 PM
So my cousin from FLA calls this afternoon and pleads with me to find out if any Costco here in KC has gotten an xbox 360 shipment today. He desperatly wants one, and there are no Costco stores in Tallahassee. He has heard that many Costco stores got a shipment today. Sure enough the midtown Costco got some in today. I drive down there and call a friend (who wouldn't play one if I gave it to him) and have him meet me. So I get two. Needed to have friend come down because they would only sell one per membership...they looked up who they had sold one to before they would hand it to you.

So I ship one off to my cousin, and now have an X-Box 360 console (premium bundle package) that I paid $515.27 for (tax included). My buddy calls me and says today's ebay auctions have this thing selling for over $900, a couple over 1K.

I play games, have a regular xbox, and would have eventually gotten a 360, but not until next year sometime.

Reccomendations?

Big Dog
12-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Oh, and if you are interested in paying top dollar for it, send me a pm! :)

Nightfyre
12-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Eh, If unopened, Id put it on ebay. First of all, the odds of it being defective are pretty good. The turnaround time through Microsoft is 3-4 months anyway, plus its a few hundred bucks pure profit. EBay that sob.

Big Dog
12-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Yes, it is unopened. I have done a little reading and the 'massive' number of units having problems appear to be hype. Several articles claiming that they crash etc. have turned out to be completely false, and supposedly Microsoft is considering legal action...but who knows?

Bob Dole
12-10-2005, 05:17 PM
That's a no-brainer. Put it on eBay.

http://tinyurl.com/9f48y

Brock
12-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Seriously. You could probably triple your money.

unlurking
12-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Have had zero problems with mine (if you're worried about defect hype, it's not all of em).

Been playing PGR3 and Gun a crapload. I enjoy playing it more than the extra few hundred bucks I coulda had from selling it.

Mecca
12-10-2005, 05:30 PM
I have one, if you're a game you'' enjoy it quite a bit. Looking back on it, I wish I had bought 2 I could have gotten all my money back and then some.

I have Call of Duty 2, Perfect Dark Zero and NBA2k6.

ENDelt260
12-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Play Super Mario Bros.

Ultra Peanut
12-10-2005, 07:35 PM
If you're at all ambivalent about the prospect of playing the 360 and its current crop of games, sell that bitch!

ZootedGranny
12-10-2005, 07:51 PM
First of all, the odds of it being defective are pretty good.

The chances are not "pretty good." There are definite overheating problems with some systems, but it's not a percentage high enough to warrant selling the thing outright in fear.

The turnaround time through Microsoft is 3-4 months anyway

More like a week and a half.

EBay that sob

That said, I agree.

I'm still waiting for a local Gamerush to get a few in to fill my preorder. I would've been out looking for them, but I've got about $400 tied up there, so I'd rather just use my credit.

Ultra Peanut
12-10-2005, 08:24 PM
The chances are not "pretty good." There are definite overheating problems with some systems, but it's not a percentage high enough to warrant selling the thing outright in fear.

More like a week and a half.

That said, I agree.

I'm still waiting for a local Gamerush to get a few in to fill my preorder. I would've been out looking for them, but I've got about $400 tied up there, so I'd rather just use my credit.Exactly. The problems are there, but overstated, and Microsoft has done an admirable job in addressing them.

In the end, though... if you can sell it for beaucoup cash and aren't totally overwhelmed with the thought of playing the 360, making some extra money and getting one later sounds good.

robags0817
12-10-2005, 08:27 PM
get that on ebay before xmas becaus eafter they will be available. People are still paying top dollar for them for xmas gifts get that bad boy on ebay and make 500

Wa-Z
12-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Keep the xbox and sell the box on ebay!!