PDA

View Full Version : The thing about the Chiefs and the post season...

|Zach|
12-10-2005, 07:07 PM
The scenarios have been thrown out...drawn and quartered. But the good thing about this year is...imagine if they make it.

If this team were to get in the playoffs it means they can roll with just about anyone. I think a Chiefs playoff team this year would have a lot more legitamacy as a team than the 2003 team ever did.

In order to make the playoffs we would have proven we can beat good teams. Most important we will have proved we can win against quality opponets on the road.

I am not sure what seed we would be...but I know I wouldn't want my team anywhere near the Chiefs if actually do what is needed to be in the post season.

carlos3652
12-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Didnt you just post a thread like 3 days ago stating that you were not going to be one of the guys that doesnt talk about all the playoff stuff?

Good post by the way... I agree 100%

|Zach|
12-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Didnt you just post a thread like 3 days ago stating that you were not going to be one of the guys that doesnt talk about all the playoff stuff?

Good post by the way... I agree 100%
Ha, I was more so pointing to the crazy situations being justified by mountains of outlandish stats...

Ok guys...the Texans can win the AFC West AND the NFC East...I can prove it!

ROFL

Count Alex's Wins
12-10-2005, 07:16 PM
I don't think we can do anything in the playoffs unless we win the division.

elvomito
12-10-2005, 07:29 PM
a few weeks ago, it would have been a true statement to say "making the playoffs would actually be harder than winning a playoff game."
now look where we are, able to beat any team remaining on our "brutal" schedule.
if we can actually get in, that would be amazing based on the first half of the season.
and if that happens, the only thing i would worry about is playing in denver.
and think about it, we'd be entering the playoffs on a 7-game winning streak!!

milkman
12-10-2005, 08:02 PM
This team is getting healthy and peaking at the right time.

The defense is improving, and the return of Sims only increases that improvement.

Yeah, this is a team that can make some noise in the playoffs.

The real challenge is getting there.

KCJohnny
12-10-2005, 10:07 PM
If only we hadn't choked at Buffalo, a team SD beat 42-14 or something like that. We'd be in the driver's seat. So now with Willie Roaf back and LJ rewriting the record books, and Gun's D being a serious factor in every win, this team has its destiny in its own hands. Personally, I think the Bills game will be the death of us this year, but if we do run the table (its quite possible, we're good against the NFC and deadly at home in December) then the only team we have to worry about is Indy. If Gun's D keeps improving (maturing of Derrick Johnson& Kawike Mitchell/return of Ryan Simms) then the only team that can stop the Kansas City Chiefs is the Kansas City Chiefs.

|Zach|
12-10-2005, 10:09 PM
If only we hadn't choked at Buffalo, a team SD beat 42-14 or something like that. We'd be in the driver's seat. So now with Willie Roaf back and LJ rewriting the record books, and Gun's D being a serious factor in every win, this team has its destiny in its own hands. Personally, I think the Bills game will be the death of us this year, but if we do run the table (its quite possible, we're good against the NFC and deadly at home in December) then the only team we have to worry about is Indy. If Gun's D keeps improving (maturing of Derrick Johnson& Kawike Mitchell/return of Ryan Simms) then the only team that can stop the Kansas City Chiefs is the Kansas City Chiefs.
Thanks for making this thread smell like a douchebag thats been out in the sun. Go away.

milkman
12-10-2005, 10:09 PM

Surprising, in't it?

Mr. Kotter
12-10-2005, 10:18 PM

I think you might be wrong; both Dallas and the Giants both have more players with parents who are combat veterans. I doubt we really stand a chance at either place...

FTR, what kinda pie do you think they'll be eating after the pregame meal tomorrow?

wazu
12-10-2005, 10:20 PM
If only we hadn't choked at Buffalo...

We always lose in Buffalo. The one that got away was Philly, our only home loss. We had them down by 18 in Arrowhead. That game was a disaster.

Skip Towne
12-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Surprising, in't it?
Who is Kawike Mitchell and Ryan Simms?

milkman
12-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Who is Kawike Mitchell and Ryan Simms?

Damn you!

I didn't catch that.

I'll turn in my badge, Chief.

KCJohnny
12-10-2005, 10:26 PM
We always lose in Buffalo. The one that got away was Philly, our only home loss. We had them down by 18 in Arrowhead. That game was a disaster.

TRUE! And Philly is a loser.

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 10:27 PM
yup those two games would have us atop of the division.

lol, I thought I smelled something-this thread is ripe

Logical
12-10-2005, 10:27 PM
My only comment is we need a win on the road against a good team before we go overboard. Winning at home against Denver was nice but we still have not proven we are a solid team yet.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-10-2005, 10:28 PM
My only comment is we need a win on the road against a good team before we go overboard. Winning at home against Denver was nice but we still have not proven we are a solid team yet.

I agree.

tk13
12-10-2005, 10:28 PM
I agree. That's the game that bugs me, not Buffalo. Buffalo's a tough place to win. No doubt we should've played better, but traveling up to Buffalo is no gimme, they usually play pretty well at home. The Philly game we had a massive lead in our house... that was the inexcusable loss to me.

But really, every team can say that. Denver fans all say "if only we got the Miami game", San Diego fans "if only we had the Dallas game, or Philly game".... that's just how it goes... and more than likely there are going to be a couple big upsets that teams are going to regret in the coming weeks.

KCJohnny
12-10-2005, 10:29 PM

A win in Dallas goes a long way towards that. We'll be 9-4 with a 4 game winning streak. That's pretty solid.

CoMoChief
12-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Hell we should be 10-2 right now. But woulda coulda shoulda right?

tk13
12-10-2005, 10:31 PM
But I agree with the premise of the thread, as long as we stay healthy we can play with anybody, we finally have an elite offense and good defense. Plus we still have plenty of opportunity to control our destiny, so I'm not worried yet.

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 10:33 PM
I am encouraged that Trent is not getting killed everytime he goes back to pass. TG is becoming a factor also-If Dallas tries to single cover him-he should have a big day. TG has to be a big part from now on.

Ebolapox
12-10-2005, 10:40 PM
hey weebl--I dig your website--hell, marty schottenheimer enjoyed your website too--maybe you should go get your hag to make you more pie

-EB-...as a combat veteran, you deserve more pie

Logical
12-10-2005, 10:41 PM
hey weebl--I dig your website--hell, marty schottenheimer enjoyed your website too--maybe you should go get your hag to make you more pie

-EB-...as a combat veteran, you deserve more pieROFL What can I say, I love old cross thread humor.

KCJohnny
12-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Anybody who tries to get laughs at the expense of a Combat Vet is a loser.

Logical
12-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Anybody who tries to get laughs at the expense of a Combat Vet is a loser.John, let it go, you will enjoy this place more if you learn to laugh a little.

tk13
12-10-2005, 10:52 PM
John, let it go, you will enjoy this place more if you learn to laugh a little.
Pie for everyone.

Logical
12-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Pie for everyone.Hey, Mer bring me some Apple.

|Zach|
12-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Yes.

go bowe
12-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Anybody who tries to get laughs at the expense of a Combat Vet is a loser. oh c'mon, man...

everybody gets laughed at...

it's just that the more crusty planeteers have taken it to an art form when it comes to you...

that, and most of us around here are losers. so keep your head down and your powder dry... :p :p :p

Ebolapox
12-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Yay!!

-EB-

go bowe
12-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Yay!!

-EB-and just what is floating your boat there, sport?

is it the prospect of fresh pie?

milkman
12-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Hey, Mer bring me some Apple.

I prefer Cherry!

Chiefs Pantalones
12-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Anybody who tries to get laughs at the expense of a Combat Vet is a loser.

ROFL

Inspector

Yep, this is what I'm thinking.

We win at Dallas and the Giants and we'll be set to go all the way. You always hear about teams peaking too soon or at the right time. Maybe we are peaking correctly.

I'm wanting to see LJ keep his streak going. This might get really exciting over the next few weeks.

Ebolapox
hmmm... hey johnnnyyy!!!!!!!!1

-EB-

KCJohnny
12-10-2005, 11:05 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/32582ndABN/10.jpg

|Zach|
12-10-2005, 11:05 PM
They guy is just a puppet for my show.

Dance KCJ!

http://www.junobeach.com/Artists/Pushing_Red_Buttons/images/Pushing_Red_Buttons.gif

Chiefs Pantalones
12-10-2005, 11:07 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

This thread is classic already!!!

GET EM'!!!

siberian khatru
12-10-2005, 11:08 PM
This can't be right. My calendar says Christmas is still two weeks away.

Count Alex's Wins
12-10-2005, 11:11 PM
Oh the weather outside is frightful

But KCJohnny is so delightful

KCJohnny
12-10-2005, 11:13 PM
People who attack a vet will get a vet response.

Pussies attack a vet on the internet. Big threat (yawn).

You who attack vets on the internet would pee your pants in person. LOL! Democrats!!!

go bowe
12-10-2005, 11:15 PM
geeze, who'da thunk it a year or two ago?

gochiefs being part of the pile on instead of the one being piled on...

how the world changes... :eek: :eek: :eek:

|Zach|
12-10-2005, 11:16 PM

You who attack vets on the internet would pee your pants in person. LOL! Democrats!!!
You are doing a good job of acting like you don't care. By dropping messages in my PM box.

Dance monkey...

http://www.bobjude.co.uk/psptubes/people/puppets/a.gif

Chiefs Pantalones
12-10-2005, 11:18 PM
ROFL

This is awesome!

Nelson Muntz
12-10-2005, 11:19 PM

There's a difference between attacking a vet and a vet who continues to rub something in other people's faces. You being a vet has no bearing on why people don't like you. Now go get me some pie bitch.

KCJohnny
12-10-2005, 11:21 PM
You are doing a good job of acting like you don't care. By dropping messages in my PM box.

Dance monkey...

http://www.bobjude.co.uk/psptubes/people/puppets/a.gif

LOL! What have you done to defend your country? Insult vets on a football BB????

I rest my case.

Ebolapox
12-10-2005, 11:22 PM
hmmm... I think I know weebl's problem

-EB-

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 11:23 PM
I don't no what it is today Johnny, but people are acting like bigger d#cks than usual.

go bowe
12-10-2005, 11:23 PM
oh, my...

Phobia
12-10-2005, 11:24 PM

YOU ARRIVED TO YOUR AWARDS CEREMONY DRESSED IN THE CAMJAMMAS YOU WORE TO BED THE NIGHT BEFORE?!?!?!? YOU DIRTY FILTHY UNSANITARY SWINE. JUST GET ON YOUR NASTY FACE AND PUSH. HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF AN IRON? HOW ABOUT YOU RUN ONE ACROSS THAT FILTHY UNIFORM A TIME OR TWO? THAT IS UNSATISFACTORY. YOU WILL NOT STOP PUSHING UNTIL YOU DIE AND THAT IS AN ORDER. NOW BAKE ME SOME PIE... BITCH

Nelson Muntz
12-10-2005, 11:24 PM
LOL! What have you done to defend your country? Insult vets on a football BB????

I rest my case.

Not everyone in this country has to go to war and defend the country to be worth something. Quit acting like you're God's gift to this country, because you're not. You're just an asshole with a small dick inferiority complex so you feel the need to rub your brass star in everyone's face

Logical
12-10-2005, 11:25 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/32582ndABN/10.jpg:rolleyes: Why do you do this sort of thing to yourself. You know you are egging people on and yet you just jump right in and then play offended when people do exactly what you expect?

Sad

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Wow Phob makes a personal appearance, can I get your autograph-lol

Mr. Kotter
12-10-2005, 11:28 PM

I'm conservative; I'm a veteran (although, not combat, and I prefer cake over pie)....dude, take the advice:

LET IT FRIGGIN' GO!!!

Get a sense of humor about it, and the rest of us will eventually let it go too.....

chefsos
12-10-2005, 11:29 PM
etc, etc
You done babysitting for the night? C'mon in, have a seat. Here's a beer.

Mr. Kotter
12-10-2005, 11:30 PM
I don't no what it is today Johnny, but people are acting like bigger d#cks than usual.

Unless you know the history here dude, you are best advised to read that before any further comment...

Count Alex's Wins
12-10-2005, 11:30 PM
YOU ARRIVED TO YOUR AWARDS CEREMONY DRESSED IN THE CAMJAMMAS YOU WORE TO BED THE NIGHT BEFORE?!?!?!? YOU DIRTY FILTHY UNSANITARY SWINE. JUST GET ON YOUR NASTY FACE AND PUSH. HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF AN IRON? HOW ABOUT YOU RUN ONE ACROSS THAT FILTHY UNIFORM A TIME OR TWO? THAT IS UNSATISFACTORY. YOU WILL NOT STOP PUSHING UNTIL YOU DIE AND THAT IS AN ORDER. NOW BAKE ME SOME PIE... BITCH

ROFL

tk13
12-10-2005, 11:31 PM
ROFL Well heck that was worth it just to get Phob to post. More pie all around!

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 11:31 PM
have a beer
"Where everybody knows your name"

Alltogether now NORM-I mean PHOB!

siberian khatru
12-10-2005, 11:33 PM
ROFL Well heck that was worth it just to get Phob to post. More pie all around!

I was staying up just on the off chance he showed up. Now if only Stevie, Kevin and frazod could make it to the party ...

Chiefs Pantalones
12-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Instant ****ing classic!!! ROFL

ChiTown
12-10-2005, 11:35 PM

I rest my case.

I thought you were a hostess at Tippins?

go bowe
12-10-2005, 11:36 PM
sprinkle and the big game hunter were on a little while ago, i think...

but i haven't seen stevie for awhile...

tk13
12-10-2005, 11:36 PM
I was staying up just on the off chance he showed up. Now if only Stevie, Kevin and frazod could make it to the party ...
Don't worry, I've got all three of them covered. I'll just be an angry market researcher in an Elvis costume.

|Zach|
12-10-2005, 11:37 PM

I rest my case.
I am going to serve in the United Staes Air Force. ROFL ROFL

go bowe
12-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Don't worry, I've got all three of them covered. I'll just be an angry market researcher in an Elvis costume. with a dead refrigerator...

|Zach|
12-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Someone get me a gin an tonic.

Logical
It's a Wonderful Life

and

a KCJohnny thread in the same night

http://www.skokieculturefest.org/recipes/images/usa.jpg

Phobia
I DON'T EVEN FRICK'N THINK SO! I SAID I DON'T EVEN FRICK'N THINK SO! WHAT KIND OF UNSATISFACTORY PPPIG SHOWS PICTURES OF HIS NASTY 3RD PLACE STAR? BRING ME A PICTURE OF A FIRST PLACE STAR. GET OUT OF MY FACE!!!

|Zach|
12-10-2005, 11:40 PM
It's a Wonderful Life

and

a KCJohnny thread in the same night

http://www.skokieculturefest.org/recipes/images/usa.jpg

How is Cali treating you?

Mr. Kotter
12-10-2005, 11:41 PM
I thought you were a hostess at Tippins?

Tippins? No crap? Hell, I've been there when they have a new pie....or release the season's first FRESH Strawberry. Now THAT'S combat, fella.

Pay your proper respect.

|Zach|
Never been much of a pie fan.

Logical
How is Cali treating you?Good and how is college going?

siberian khatru
12-10-2005, 11:42 PM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1531/929/1600/Letter-Pi.jpg

go bowe
what's a PPPIG?

Mr. Kotter
I DON'T EVEN FRICK'N THINK SO! I SAID I DON'T EVEN FRICK'N THINK SO! WHAT KIND OF UNSATISFACTORY PPPIG SHOWS PICTURES OF HIS NASTY 3RD PLACE STAR? BRING ME A PICTURE OF A FIRST PLACE STAR. GET OUT OF MY FACE!!!

Friggin' noob must have taken over Phil's account.... :rolleyes:

All caps, enlarged fonts. :shake:

:p

Chiefs Pantalones
Stop your taunting of KCJ.

I, too, am a combat veteran...

http://www.gratuitouslylongdomainname.net/PhotoGallery/Ninja%20(Nunchaku).jpg

MAKE ME SOME VANILLA PIE, BITCH!!!!

Logical
12-10-2005, 11:43 PM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1531/929/1600/Letter-Pi.jpgDammit I hate those red x's I feel like I have missed something funny.

|Zach|
12-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Good and how is college going?
Wacky. I have recently found out I want to be a photographer...ive been going to college for a while without having anything to do with that.

Scouting out some photog\design schools...although it seems I will be going into the AF to pay for them.

Phobia
12-10-2005, 11:44 PM
what's a PPPIG?

Drill instructors LOVE to say "P" and "F" words because they spray everywhere when they're screaming it. If they're in your face, heh heh.

"Pig" was the most frequently heard word in Marine bootcamp.

ENDelt260
12-10-2005, 11:46 PM
You might have to yell louder. I don't think she can hear you from here.

go bowe
12-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Drill instructors LOVE to say "P" and "F" words because they spray everywhere when they're screaming it. If they're in your face, heh heh.

"Pig" was the most frequently heard word in Marine bootcamp.hmmmm... boot camp must be rough...

mostly what i heard in basic training was lardass and dumbf#ck, but that's just me...

ENDelt260
You who attack vets on the internet would pee your pants in person.

ROFL

Katipan

Before or after I **** with your bidet??

|Zach|
12-10-2005, 11:49 PM
hmmmm... boot camp must be rough...

mostly what i heard in basic training was lardass and dumbf#ck, but that's just me...
Something tells me I will be in the same boat. Its not just you. ROFL

ChiTown
12-10-2005, 11:50 PM
ROFL

Hell, I pee my pants at the sight of one of those annoying salvation army fuggers................

Logical
Before or after I **** with your bidet??Damn decisions:cuss:

ENDelt260
Someone get me a gin an tonic.
I think Mer's on strike. You might have to get that yourself.

Ebolapox
12-10-2005, 11:51 PM
johnny, it's unnatural to act that way with pie

-EB-

ENDelt260
Never been much of a pie fan.
That's simply un-American.

Katipan
Damn decisions:cuss:

Never should have given us the right to vote.

ENDelt260
12-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Never should have given us the right to vote.
No shit.

Logical
12-10-2005, 11:54 PM
Never should have given us the right to vote.I am guessing that Susan B Anthony gave the first willing blowjob and it was all downhill from there.

ENDelt260
12-10-2005, 11:56 PM
I am guessing that Susan B Anthony gave the first willing blowjob and it was all downhill from there.
She sure was a devious c*cksucker.

Katipan
12-10-2005, 11:56 PM
I am guessing that Susan B Anthony gave the first willing blowjob and it was all downhill from there.

The first willing blowjob has yet to happen.