PDA

View Full Version : sports radio

robags0817
12-10-2005, 07:18 PM
I was listening to the local Mike and the maddog show in new york, and both guys as well as all sports radio shows in new york gave the chiefs no shot this weekend. I thought it was funny since they really have no clue about them at all. one caller called up to argue ebcause they said the chiefs have no "D" but when the guy brought up the point that we held denver in the second half last week ( 6 points in the half) they still denied him. I just thought I would let you guys know whats going on up here, and this is the time for the chiefs to step it up and get the rest of the country to respect them. According to these guys the "O" can only win games for them at home.

MY RESPONSE IS........WE'RE GONNA KICK THE SH%T OUTTA YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU!!!!!!!!!!

robags0817
12-10-2005, 07:25 PM
I don't know why we get no respect especially on D i think they have definately done a serviceable job this year. At least now I htink we can make a stop on D as opposed to last year.

RINGLEADER
12-10-2005, 08:50 PM
If we knock the crap out of Dallas we'll finally start getting some respect (and some of the talking heads might start to realize that the Chargers schedule is harder than ours). If we squeak by we won't get any respect and if we lose everyone will say it's all over...

|Zach|
12-10-2005, 08:53 PM
I don't know why we get no respect
Really? We have not won a playoff game in a million years.

Guru
12-10-2005, 08:53 PM
If we knock the crap out of Dallas we'll finally start getting some respect (and some of the talking heads might start to realize that the Chargers schedule is harder than ours). If we squeak by we won't get any respect and if we lose everyone will say it's all over...

I don't think beating Dallas while they are down is going to get us much respect. Taking down the G-men would.

Of course, even if we were to win the last 4 I still want the rest of the nation talking crap on us.

|Zach|
12-10-2005, 08:54 PM
I don't think there is a single thing we can do to get respect during the regular season. And I agree with people who don't give us respect until we do something in the post season.

cdcox
12-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Sports radio, heh. I listened yesterday to a guy (local newpaper columnist) argue that Michael Vick was a top 5 QB. He said Brady, Peyton Manning, and a healthy Donavan McNabb were the only QBs that were better than Vick right now. According to the columnist, Vick completeing half his passes for 220 yards was a good game for him, becuase he could run for 120 yds. Yeah, how often does that happen.

Sports radio is some of the least informative media around.

Halfcan
12-10-2005, 09:21 PM
I hope they keep picking us against us-and we keep winning. Since when does being on the radio=knowing what the hell your talking about. Most have probably not even seen the Chiefs-just follow what espn says. They all want to jump on the bandwagon of who is hot.

Tribal Warfare
12-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Sports radio, heh. I listened yesterday to a guy (local newpaper columnist) argue that Michael Vick was a top 5 QB. He said Brady, Peyton Manning, and a healthy Donavan McNabb were the only QBs that were better than Vick right now. According to the columnist, Vick completeing half his passes for 220 yards was a good game for him, becuase he could run for 120 yds. Yeah, how often does that happen.

Sports radio is some of the least informative media around.

Shit, Trent gets no respect. :shake:

cdcox
12-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Shit, Trent gets no respect. :shake:

Yeah, according to this guy, Vick was better than Rothlisberger, Green, Palmer, Brees, Hasselbeck, etc.

Unbelievable that someone could get paid for such an opinion.

Guru
12-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Yeah, but he's such a great pocket passer now. Uh-huh!!!

KC Jones
12-10-2005, 09:42 PM
NFC fans are a hoot. They're still living in the 80's when NFC defenses dominated the SBs.