PDA

View Full Version : Calling all torrent seeders!

DRU
12-11-2005, 04:01 AM
evil-i at chiefscoalition apparently hasn't been able to catch any Chiefs action for the past 5 weeks. I'm posting the games back onto my tracker and we're requesting as many people as possible seed the games. Any game you can seed would be great, all would be fantastic. We appreciate your help.

Thanks!

http://angelleye.homedns.org:20008

KC Jones
12-11-2005, 07:59 AM
will do

KCFalcon59
12-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Is there a problem with the link? I was there last night but now I can't reach it.

digi2fish
12-11-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm seeding Raiders, Texans, Patriots, and Doncos games now.

did you figure out the problem why he can't cath them?

greg63
12-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Is there a problem with the link? I was there last night but now I can't reach it.

...What he said

KCFalcon59
12-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Good to know I am not the only one. I just started this torrent thing last night with the help of kcchiefsguru. Finally got the NAT thing fixed this morning.

I thought it might be something I am doing wrong. Since I am new at this any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

kepp
12-11-2005, 10:21 AM
...What he said
I think the correct URL is http://angelleye.homedns.org:20008/

I have a question for DRU...I have several of the games downloaded and would gladly seed them, I just...well...don't know how :) I tried to "Open torrent for seeding" from the menu, but when I open one of the torrent files for an already-downloaded game, it asks me where i want to save the avi file. Do I just choose the directory where the game is already saved? Will this mess up the saved copy? Thanks for the help!

-kepp

KC Jones
12-11-2005, 10:22 AM
I'm seeding Raiders, Texans, Patriots, and Doncos games now.

did you figure out the problem why he can't cath them?

Turns out the only games I have to seed are Raiders and Dolphins.

kepp
12-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Turns out the only games I have to seed are Raiders and Dolphins.
I missed the Dolphins game, so if you can seed it, I'd really appreciate it.

KC Jones
12-11-2005, 10:38 AM
I missed the Dolphins game, so if you can seed it, I'd really appreciate it.

my client shows I'm seeding and it's my top priority but I don't see anyone pulling it down. Is the torrent still hosted from DRU's site?

kepp
12-11-2005, 10:59 AM
my client shows I'm seeding and it's my top priority but I don't see anyone pulling it down. Is the torrent still hosted from DRU's site?
I don't see it there. The games I see are:

Jets (no seeds currently)
Redskins
Raiders
Texans
Patriots
Broncos

Is there something that needs to be done to tell DRU's tracker that the game is seeding?

DRU
12-11-2005, 01:09 PM
I have a question for DRU...I have several of the games downloaded and would gladly seed them, I just...well...don't know how I tried to "Open torrent for seeding" from the menu, but when I open one of the torrent files for an already-downloaded game, it asks me where i want to save the avi file. Do I just choose the directory where the game is already saved? Will this mess up the saved copy? Thanks for the help!

Yes, just save it to the same directory that it's already saved in. It will go through a checking process and then begin seeding.

andoman
12-11-2005, 02:56 PM
I use BitComet and it seems like the downloads automatically seed themselves. Is that possible? I have never done anything to seed them because I always show peers uploading. Right now I show 4 peers uploading the Texans and 7 uploading the Broncos.

I've seen several mentions of having to change settings or open ports if you have a router. I normally get about 25-30KB/sec downloads. Is that abnormally slow? Should I be tweaking my router?

DRU
12-11-2005, 03:43 PM
does it show you a light in BitComet? Are you getting green lights or yellow?

BigLefty05
12-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Yeah I will seed them but why do the torrents take so long to download...the speed is incredibly slow when limewire goes so fast...

Fruit Ninja
12-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Depends on how much badwidth is bieng shared. I know if i set anything about letting out 10kbs upload, it kills my speed to do anything else. I need cable. DSL is not so good for sharing :(

BigLefty05
12-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Satellite is worthless all around...although it is downloading it was 28-34 KBPS which is a f'n record

andoman
12-11-2005, 08:03 PM
does it show you a light in BitComet? Are you getting green lights or yellow?

I'm not downloading anything right now, just folks uploading. The Up arrows are orange, but I think when I'm downloading the Down arrows are usually green.

greg63
12-12-2005, 07:43 AM
BigLefty05, here is the proper signature pic size :D

Pants
12-12-2005, 08:06 AM
I'm not downloading anything right now, just folks uploading. The Up arrows are orange, but I think when I'm downloading the Down arrows are usually green.

That's just the way it is in BitComet. I don't think there are any status lights. I think the most I've ever had DLing over BitComet was rigt around 180-190Kb/s, but yeah usually it's in the 30-50/80-100 range.

DRU
12-12-2005, 08:59 PM
The other thread is apparently not getting enough attention. I've got most of games back on the tracker right now and people are trying to download them but I don't have hardly any help seeding.

Come on people. 50 - 100 people completed each and every one of these games and only 8 people besides myself are seeding TOTAL!!!!! That's even more pathetic than the Chiefs losses to Eagles, Bills and Cowboys combined!

Some people don't get to see these games and it's sure be nice if they could enjoy some Chiefs football like the rest of us. HELP! Let it run at night, let it run while you're at work, anytime you can! There is absolutely no reason current downloaders should have to wait so long when so many people have completed copies of this on their machine.

QUIT BEING STINNGY AND HELP OUT OR I'M NOT GONNA DO THIS ANYMORE!!!!

JBucc
12-12-2005, 09:01 PM
If I knew what the hell you were talking about or how to do it I would.

DRU
12-12-2005, 09:06 PM
If I knew what the hell you were talking about or how to do it I would.

I've been recording Chiefs games and posting them via Bit Torrent. It works great until everybody who has completed the download closes their seeds. I've recently added a bunch of games back onto the tracker because lots of people are requesting them. Thing is, I need help from the people who already completed the download because I can't seed 8 games at once all by myself.

ChiefsFire
12-12-2005, 09:09 PM
ive got a pretty good stand in my yard..

want me to come by in the spring and plant yours?

Stinger
12-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Helping with the Jets, Skins, Texans, and Pats

HMc
12-12-2005, 09:48 PM
I've been recording Chiefs games and posting them via Bit Torrent. It works great until everybody who has completed the download closes their seeds. I've recently added a bunch of games back onto the tracker because lots of people are requesting them. Thing is, I need help from the people who already completed the download because I can't seed 8 games at once all by myself.

One potential problem is that people may be deleting the old games, or at best archiving them to DVD. Either of these make seeding a little difficult. At 4.36 gig a piece they do tend to take a bit of HDD space, not that i'm knocking the filesize, for the quality is excellent.

Oh and are you going to post the dallas game?

Thanks for all the hard work, wouldn't be able to see chiefs games without you.

jspchief
12-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Sorry I'm not helping. I'm stuck on dial up until Qwest gets their head out of their ass on my DSL problems.

I'll seed the few games I have, when I can.

greg63
12-16-2005, 12:34 PM
Is there anyone out there who might be able to help seed the Jets @ Chiefs game?? ...Only two seeds and d/l is going very slow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

greg63
12-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Helping with the Jets, Skins, Texans, and Pats

Thanks Stinger! :thumb:

DRU
12-16-2005, 01:26 PM
I'd request it in the actual thread for that torrent too. I'm not sure if many people are actually in on this thread.

greg63
12-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I did so, but I'm not sure how much good it's doin. Thanks, again, for all your efforts. :thumb:

Guru
12-22-2005, 01:20 PM
evil-i at chiefscoalition apparently hasn't been able to catch any Chiefs action for the past 5 weeks. I'm posting the games back onto my tracker and we're requesting as many people as possible seed the games. Any game you can seed would be great, all would be fantastic. We appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Hey DRU, where did the tracker go?

DRU
12-22-2005, 01:37 PM
The tracker left because less than 2% of the people who've completed the downloads are not helping seed and I haven't been able to get any help for almost 3 years now.

To those few who actually did help, thank you.

morphius
12-22-2005, 02:00 PM
The tracker left because less than 2% of the people who've completed the downloads are not helping seed and I haven't been able to get any help for almost 3 years now.

To those few who actually did help, thank you.
Thats a shame. I just never took the time to download most of the stuff, but always appreciated that you did it.

Otter
12-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Gonna hijack this thread for a moment.

What Torrent program do you reccommend? I recently tried uTorrent to download SuSE 10. There were like 15 seeds and 30 friends. Left it run overnight 12am - 10am and when I woke up only 8% was done.

My first attempt was pretty similar. Any suggestions?

I'll gladly help seed the games if I can get the damn program working beyond a snails pace.

DRU
12-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Well, first, I'll assume you're on a high speed connection. In which case you probably have some sort of firewall protection or a router of some sort, or both. You need to figure out what port your uTorrent (or any BT client) is using and make sure to open those ports on any/all firewalls and routers.

Then, BT will become your best internet friend.