PDA

View Full Version : Have the Chiefs been written off?

htismaqe
12-11-2005, 01:19 PM
Flipping through all the shows this morning, as well as flipping back and forth between the Colts game and the Steelers game, and I have yet to hear a single person say they think the Chiefs are gonna make the playoffs.

I'm a little surprised how many people still think the Jags are an absolute lock to make it.

ChiefsFan4Life
12-11-2005, 01:20 PM
No prob, I like being under the radar. We usually suck when we start getting attention in the media.

mlyonsd
12-11-2005, 01:22 PM
No prob, I like being under the radar. We usually suck when we start getting attention in the media.

Me too.

If we can keep playing like the last few games we could make the playoffs and cause some trouble.

Until of course we would have to play Indy. I mean since every announcer thinks Peyton can walk on water.

SNR
Jax will have 4 losses after they drop this game to the Colts.

Do we own the tiebreaker over them?

morphius
Yeah, I think they have. It is pretty much a complete mess though, I man the steelers could sneak up and get in.

Deberg_1990
I could give two cents what most of these guys on the pre-game shows think. They dont know anymore than you or I do about the Chiefs.

VonneMarie
12-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Haven't you heard? The rest of our schedule is brutal. :rolleyes:

4th and Long
12-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Have the Chiefs been written off?
According the Shannon "Mush Mouth" Sharpe, stick a fork in us. We're done.

morphius
12-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Jax will have 4 losses after they drop this game to the Colts.

Do we own the tiebreaker over them?
It depends, we both still have 2 AFC games left, and will be tied there after today.

They have Houston and Tennessee though.

Over-Head
12-11-2005, 01:24 PM
We can only hope for a spot, then watch Trent flame out :evil:

Bowser
12-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Flipping through all the shows this morning, as well as flipping back and forth between the Colts game and the Steelers game, and I have yet to hear a single person say they think the Chiefs are gonna make the playoffs.

I'm a little surprised how many people still think the Jags are an absolute lock to make it.

There is too much attention to the unbeaten Colts. That alone takes up everyone's thinking, imo. That, and the AFC is so damned close in the rest of the divisions and the wild card race, it's too hard to jump on any one team's playoff bandwagon, with exception to the teams who are on the verge of locking up their respective divisions.

Specifically with the Chiefs, everyone has been humping Denver's leg all year, and San Diego is considered a better team than us, as evidenced in another thread talking about "the even HOTTER San Diego Chargers".

Personally, I love where the Chiefs are right now. Naturally, we have to win out, but I like our chances. If we beat San Diego in a couple of weeks after going TO Dallas and New York, you'll see the Chiefs getting all kinds of pub.

htismaqe
12-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Well, this isn't about what most of these guys think SUBJECTIVELY about the quality of the team.

This is about the possible scenarios that have us in, or out of, the playoffs.

It would seem to me we're being written off for a legitimate reason - the odds aren't good.

Bowser
12-11-2005, 01:27 PM
According the Shannon "Mush Mouth" Sharpe, stick a fork in us. We're done.

Now there's a shocker.

A guy has a career day while going one-on-one against Mike Maslowski, and now we're "written off".

Get speaking lessons from your bro, Shannon.

morphius
12-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Well, this isn't about what most of these guys think SUBJECTIVELY about the quality of the team.

It would seem to me we're being written off for a legitimate reason - the odds aren't good.
Of course the SD schedule is just as brutal as ours, its just that everyone thinks they will win in arrowhead this year again I guess.

Bowser
12-11-2005, 01:28 PM

The way I see it, we can lose one more game. And if it ends up being against an AFC team, we're screwed.

CoMoChief
12-11-2005, 01:29 PM

-Media is biased against teams not from the coastal areas.
-Chiefs haven't made the playoffs but 2x since 97.
-Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in a million years
-Chiefs remaining schedule is by far the hardest in the NFL.

I can see why people write us off, don't you?

Deberg_1990
12-11-2005, 01:30 PM

Very true. We will know a whole lot more today. A few weeks ago I didnt think we had a chance today against a good team on the road. Today I feel differently. I want to see us play well on the road against a "quality" opponent. Like what Denver did last week at Arrowhead, even thought they lost.

htismaqe
12-11-2005, 01:30 PM
I guess I'm just VERY hesitant to get excited about this team again, and get my hope crushed...AGAIN...

chief52
12-11-2005, 01:34 PM
A unbiased observer would definitely not think the Chiefs would make the playoffs. They have the toughest four games remaining. Can they do it...surely. But based on how all teams have played so far this season, they would not make the playoffs.

They put themselves in a hole, now they must really suck it up to make the playoffs. If they make it it will be an upset IMO.

Frazod
I guess I'm just VERY hesitant to get excited about this team again, and get my hope crushed...AGAIN...

As I've said elsewhere, I'll dare to believe again IF we win today. Dallas is the easiest of our remaining opponents, and a loss today will be a pretty strong indicator that there will be at least one more loss, and we can only afford one (maybe).

Today is key.

Logical
I guess I'm just VERY hesitant to get excited about this team again, and get my hope crushed...AGAIN...Your skepticism is warranted, we still have not proven anything against a good team on the road. I think people are viewing the remainder of our schedule realistically and our chances of winning enough to make the playoffs remain pretty slim.

morphius
12-11-2005, 01:35 PM
I'm with you there. Getting Roaf back raised my hopes a little bit, but I'm very cautios at this point.

Deberg_1990
12-11-2005, 01:36 PM

I feel ya dawg.....

htismaqe
12-11-2005, 01:40 PM
I will say this - if Cleveland steals this one AT Cincy today, it would help us GREATLY.

Bowser
12-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Today is key.

We can use that sentence the rest of the season.

Psyko Tek
12-11-2005, 01:45 PM

that's what fans do

jump in head first ride the rush when it's there
the downer's a biotch but go with it while it's there

plenty of time for wait'll next year

Baby Lee
12-11-2005, 01:46 PM
I rather imagine we don't get attention because the talking heads are as aware as we are that we can beat anyone anywhere AND lose to anyone anywhere. It's like announcing an iron-clad prediction for a coin flip.

Frazod
12-11-2005, 01:47 PM
We can use that sentence the rest of the season.

Probably. But look at it this way - in all likelihood we will lose to the Giants next week. They're tough as hell at home. I don't want a game we probably won't win to be a must win.

morphius
12-11-2005, 01:49 PM
I will say this - if Cleveland steals this one AT Cincy today, it would help us GREATLY.
Doesn't look like they are going to do that.

htismaqe
12-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Well, it's obvious we're not gonna get any help down the stretch...

Frazod
12-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Well, it's obvious we're not gonna get any help down the stretch...

Certainly not today so far. Maybe the Dolphins can do us a favor, but I doubt it.

Shit. :cuss:

ChiTown
12-11-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm with you there. Getting Roaf back raised my hopes a little bit, but I'm very cautios at this point.

This is a completely different offensive team with Roaf. It's amazing how much better we are.

morphius
12-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Certainly not today so far. Maybe the Dolphins can do us a favor, but I doubt it.

Shit. :cuss:
Sadly if tradition continues we will not know snot before the last game of the year.

JBucc
12-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Most of them are so mesmerized by Indy and SD's superduperstars that we kind of slip under the radar.

milkman
12-11-2005, 02:08 PM
For the most part, everyone thinks that the Donkeys will win the division, and that San Diego is the best non division leader in the NFL.

Then there's the Jags, who now have what most would be considered a cakewalk in their last three games.

But we all know the Chiefs record in December at Arrowhead, and they have SD at home.

Here's a little tidbit I heard on the radio today.
Denver has never beaten a Brian Billick coached team.

Is that true?

I've said it seemed like the Ravens have owned the Donkeys recently, but that info, is true, is something I wasn't aware of.

As for the Jags, I don't believe they are far and away better than the remaining teams on their schedule, so another loss between now and the end of the season would not surprise me in the least.

Bottom line.
Chiefs just have to win.

Now that I've stated the obvious, I'll STFU.

ChiTown
12-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Most of them are so mesmerized by Indy and SD's superduperstars that we kind of slip under the radar.

Works for me......

I just want to get in to the playoffs. If we're healthy, we are probably the 2nd best team in the AFC. JMHO.