PDA

View Full Version : Gutless officials....

KevB
12-11-2005, 05:45 PM
How they don't call the holding on the Cowboys final drive down on the goal line is beyond me. It's fricken' shameful. That was a season changing no-call. I don't typically point out officiating in a game this close, because there were numerous plays made on both sides. But that was literally a game changing non-call. pushing them back to the 20 would have been gigantic.

petegz28
12-11-2005, 05:50 PM
I agree they missed a huge hold right in front of the ref even.

Iowanian
12-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Don't act like a douchebag Donkey fan.

The Chiefs had Plenty of oportunities to put this game away, and didn't. Period.

Dallas played well and Beat the Chiefs. Green's fumble, Surtain dropping an INT that could have been, Tynes' miss all contributed.

dj56dt58
12-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Not to mention the push off against bell and the horrible call at the end. The officials had no idea what was going on the entire game. It took them like 5 minutes to get one penalty straight and the ref laughed and said "i don't know" when someone asked him a question. that's a good officiating group...

Guru
12-11-2005, 05:55 PM
it was still a ligit call.

JBucc
12-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Who cares about the officials. We had numerous chanced to win but we ****ed it up as usual. Meanwhile Dallas took everything we gave them and ran with it.

dirk digler
12-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Anyone that wants to complain about the refs can become Donkey fans and start posting over at www.orangemane.com.

STFU!!

dj56dt58
12-11-2005, 06:01 PM
it was still a ligit call.
well if he would have called it on johnson..yes but he called it on wesley. but since he called holding and not pass interference i guess that's who he called it on. regardless that was stupid on johnson's part. It's not like he had been beaten or anything. He just reached out and held him for no reason. I was thinking they called pass interference..

Rain Man
12-11-2005, 06:06 PM
I don't blame the officials at all. It was a penalty and they called it.

I can't believe we vomited up another game. The Chiefs outplayed the Cowboys the entire game. Take away a stupid trick play and a fluke fumble and this game wouldn't have been close. Truthfully, it wasn't close other than the score.

beer bacon
12-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Reasons we lost this game:

Poor blocking by LJ

Missed INT opportunity

Defense just playing poorly all around

Everyone just standing around like idiots when Allen forced the fumble

I am sure there are more reasons that I forgot that don't involve the refs.

Iowanian
12-11-2005, 06:24 PM
I do have 1 question for the officials....

After the goal line play on 4th down, where Johnson was called for Holding....Bledsoe took his helmet off...on the field.

Why was THAT not called?

dj56dt58
12-11-2005, 06:27 PM

After the goal line play on 4th down, where Johnson was called for Holding....Bledsoe took his helmet off...on the field.

Why was THAT not called?

Obviously because they wern't wearing red jerseys :cuss:

doomy3
12-11-2005, 06:28 PM
I agree that the Chiefs should have won the game even without that call, but how are you guys saying that didn't also cost us the game. It is 3rd down and goal, Hicks has a clear lane to the QB, and the tackle TACKLES him from behind. If that is called, which it should have been, it is then 3rd and goal from the 22 or 23 yard line! The hold was in the open field right out in the open for everybody, and it was on about the 12 or 13 yard line, then mark 10 off from the spot of the foul, and the Cowboys do not score. Period. No matter what else happened earlier in the game, that no-call killed us.

Iowanian
12-11-2005, 06:28 PM
The refing was not the problem.

The Chiefs had PLENTY of chances to Put Dallas away, and to their credit, they didn't lay down.

dtebbe
12-11-2005, 06:29 PM
How they don't call the holding on the Cowboys final drive down on the goal line is beyond me. It's fricken' shameful. That was a season changing no-call. I don't typically point out officiating in a game this close, because there were numerous plays made on both sides. But that was literally a game changing non-call. pushing them back to the 20 would have been gigantic.

I assume you are talking about when Hicks was tackled? Horrible way for a season to end, but let's face it, if we had a goddamn kicker who had a clue of what it takes to make an important kick, we'd have at least had a chance to win the game.

DT

Iowanian
12-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Quitchur bitchin'....you sound like Donkey fans.

KChiefsQT
12-11-2005, 06:30 PM

The Chiefs had Plenty of oportunities to put this game away, and didn't. Period.

Dallas played well and Beat the Chiefs. Green's fumble, Surtain dropping an INT that could have been, Tynes' miss all contributed.
A ****ing MEN...
When you get "dicked by a flea flicker".... drop an easy int/runback for a td... let Bledsoe have his way with our D line all game... and basically play like a ****ing soft defense...WE don't deserve to win. The officials can't SEE everything... unfortunate but they can't.

doomy3
12-11-2005, 06:30 PM

Why was THAT not called?

that will NEVER be called. Only if someone takes off his helmet while celebrating, arguing, fighting, etc. will the refs ever make that call. Bledsoe took his helmet off because he thought he had just lost the game, and didn't know the flag was thrown, and he was just mad.

doomy3
12-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Quitchur bitchin'....you sound like Donkey fans.

THis coming from the same guy who asked why Bledsoe wasn't flagged for taking his helmet off?????

Guys, what is so hard to see?? 3rd and goal from the 23 yard line which is where it should have been was that blatant holding called is a game-changing play!

Valiant
12-11-2005, 06:51 PM
We did not lose because of the officals calls we lost because:

-AS inability to call PA in the second half..
-Everybody on the front 7 except for Allen on getting pressure on Bledsoe..
-Defense 3rd down coverage..
-EK dropped balls in the first half..
-Gun agian telegraphing his blitz packages...

doomy3
12-11-2005, 06:54 PM
We did not lose because of the officals calls we lost because:

-AS inability to call PA in the second half..
-Everybody on the front 7 except for Allen on getting pressure on Bledsoe..
-Defense 3rd down coverage..
-EK dropped balls in the first half..
-Gun agian telegraphing his blitz packages...

You're right. 2 calls that changed the game from being 3rd and goal from the 23 as opposed to first and goal from the one aren't important.

Iowanian
12-11-2005, 06:56 PM
THis coming from the same guy who asked why Bledsoe wasn't flagged for taking his helmet off?????

Guys, what is so hard to see?? 3rd and goal from the 23 yard line which is where it should have been was that blatant holding called is a game-changing play!

I "ASKED THE QUESTION" you turd gurgling donkey fellatiator.

Dunit35
12-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Grow a flipping pair and quit bitchin about the refs. We shoulda won it, plain and simple and we blew it. Just like the rest of losses we played down to the other teams levels. Although the ref waited until Whitten dropped the pass to call the penalty. But I aint gonna bitch about it, I saw the holding the second he started holding. Give any other playoff caliber team 28 points on O and Im sure their D can come up with the effort to win the game.

Sure-Oz
12-11-2005, 08:00 PM
We had plenty of chances but it sucks to lose that way. That fumble was freakin turning point, why have LJ blocking when he isnt in the play, ****in have TRICH there.

BigRedChief
12-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Yeah so what there are a lot of non calls in every NFL game. You put your destiny in the hands of officials you haven't taken care of business on the field.

ChiefsCountry
12-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Quit bitching about the refs you sound like dumbass Donkey fans.

Frazod
12-11-2005, 08:06 PM
We had plenty of chances but it sucks to lose that way. That fumble was freakin turning point, why have LJ blocking when he isnt in the play, ****in have TRICH there.

Why pass in that situation AT ALL when you have Johnson? Squanders strikes again. 4321

KevB
12-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Here's the thing about the officiating.....we're all bitching about not making enough plays to win the game. On the non-call when Hicks was tackled from behind, out in the open, at the quarterback's feet....we had a guy make a play. Hicks beat his man and was about to blow up Bledsoe for a big loss on 3rd down. The official has to make that call, period. It was a crucial non-call. Obviously, both teams had many plays that lost/won the game. But, the Chiefs (Hicks) made a big play and didn't get the reward for it.

Now, do I blame the loss on the refs? Of course not. If Surtain catches that gift and takes it back, we're in great shape. If the D doesn't revert to Chiefs D 2002-2004, we're in great shape, etc. Those things will be discussed ad naseum. But the point of this thread was to point out the significance of one play, one missed call, and how it affected the final score.

I do want to thank those of you with the holier than thou attitude....I didn't realize we couldn't discuss certain elements of the game without the sign off from the likes of Iowanian.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-11-2005, 11:32 PM
kev obviously it was a bad call, but i think people don't want to hear excuses after the team blew so many other chances in a very winable game.

KevB
12-11-2005, 11:35 PM
kev obviously it was a bad call, but i think people don't want to hear excuses after the team blew so many other chances in a very winable game.

I understand, and agree. My point wasn't that the one call was THE difference in the game. However, it was a huge play in the game, so I thought it merited discussion.

ferrarispider95
12-11-2005, 11:36 PM
The refs didnt cost us the game, the fumble, missed int, and lack of D, did.

mcan
12-11-2005, 11:45 PM
It was an obvious hold... I think that even Denver and/or Cowboys fans would say it was as well. But, the fact remains that we need to put teams away, and not let them take the lead back the first time. That way, our second score makes it a two possession game instead of RE-taking the lead. We need to have a snapper that can come through in the clutch. We need to take advantage of passes that bounce off of reciever's hands and land in the laps of our corners. We need to stay disciplined on defense and not let misdirection and/or trick plays fool us.

There are so many things that WE can do to win this game, that it's not even really a concern to me what a ref DIDN'T do.

Of course, during the play I was screaming something all together different. I guess the past several hours have given me some perspective...

joesomebody
12-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Meh, I just never like to see our fans resulting to blaming a loss on outside influences... We played more than well enough to win that game, we just blew too many of the chances we had to put them away. You can't play on the road and leave the home team in the game for that long.l

vailpass
12-12-2005, 03:27 PM
:deevee: :deevee:

dirk digler
12-12-2005, 03:29 PM
:deevee: :deevee:

No shit all this whining reminds me of Donkey fans

sedated
12-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Could we lose ONE game without a ref-bashing thread, please?

sedated
12-12-2005, 03:38 PM
...and whenever we win, we spend all day defending the refs.

"It all evens out in the end, don't blame the refs, blah, blah, blah."

Such hypocracy

KevB
12-12-2005, 04:03 PM
...and whenever we win, we spend all day defending the refs.

"It all evens out in the end, don't blame the refs, blah, blah, blah."

Such hypocracy

Not really from me. I readily admit that my teams were the benefactor of huge non-calls in the past (i.e. block in the back on Dante Hall's return two years ago). It is part of the game worth discussion, but certainly not worth blaming the loss on, which has been my contention in the thread all along. Was it a gutless non-call? Absolutely. Do I blame the loss on the officials? Of course not.

Bob Dole
12-12-2005, 05:44 PM
We had a potential 28 point swing on 2 plays that had nothing to do with the officiating.

The bad/no calls just don't make it any easier to swallow...

jettio
12-12-2005, 06:21 PM
For a Dallas offensive line that was struggling, the refs let them get away with a lot of holding.

When Jared Allen forced the Bledsoe fumble, he had to grap the blockers arm and lift it off of his (Allen's) facemask because the guy was grabbing it and holding with the other arm also.

Funny how whiny fans that want to piss and moan about a game want to flame the threadstarter for observing the objectively obvious.

The Dallas D-line had been raped the last couple of weeks and the refs did not call a standard game in regards to holding yesterday.

What the Chiefs showed yesterday was that they have more potential for postseason success than any team since 1993.

They won most of the plays and look to be the only AFC team capable of running with the Colts.

If that same team shows up in the next three games. The Chiefs have a shot for an opening round playoff win and a trip to Indy.

philfree
12-12-2005, 06:33 PM
We had a potential 28 point swing on 2 plays that had nothing to do with the officiating.

The bad/no calls just don't make it any easier to swallow...

They held on the flea-flicker.......They held on the three third downs they converted on that last scoring drive and on the 3rd down play just before they flagged DJ for holding. As I watched the game for the second time last night I watched to see if we were getting away with holding like they were to be objective but we weren't. Heck there was one play where they hands to the face on three different players who were rushing the QB. IMO it's time to have full time officials who work 12 months a year to improve their performance. The NFL has the money to pay then so it needs to happen.

PhilFree:arrow:

Sure-Oz
12-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Nah, we just can't bitch about refs cuz donkey fans will shove it in our face like we do them, yeah there were obvious calls but damnit we should've put that game away.

Mile High Mania
12-12-2005, 06:53 PM
I haven't read the thread ... and I believe it was on a KC scoring drive in the second half, but the camera caught an obvious hold by KC (Gonzo I think).

It happens to all teams... not just KC.

Calcountry
12-12-2005, 06:56 PM

Dallas played well and Beat the Chiefs. Green's fumble, Surtain dropping an INT that could have been, Tynes' miss all contributed.Thanks for the sanity, no need to read this thread any further.

Iowanian, saving planateers time since (whenever you joined). lol

InChiefsHell
12-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Not sure how anyone is blaming the Defense for this loss, when the offense gave up a 14 point swing at the end of the freakin' half. Sure, you could say the D should have stopped them, held them to a FG, but it was a short field. The O cost us this game.

Having said that, it's not like the Cowboys are a totally sucky team that had nothing to play for. They just made one more play than we did. We could have won that game, if not for the offensive performance. Plain and simple.

BigRedChief
12-12-2005, 10:12 PM

no whining like a stinking bronco fan but if you must.............here's the evidence
http://media.vidiLife.com/video/2005/10/31/32599/153291.asx