PDA

View Full Version : Well, at least they gave us the perfect encapsulation of the team

Baby Lee
12-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Perfection on a hurry up, last second, drive that no one else could dream of, then a schtoink on the FG.
That's this team in a nutshell, capable of amazing play, but LOSERS when it comes down to the final analysis.

Thig Lyfe
12-11-2005, 05:47 PM
I am depressed.

JBucc
That's all they've ever been. They fooled us all with amazing stats and plays but at the end of the day they all go home to watch the Super bowl with the rest of us.

Baby Lee
Trent Green may NEVER ever, in his entire career, win an important game.

Redcoats58
12-11-2005, 05:49 PM
I am depressed.
Yep, this lose tore out my heart and deflated my hopes.

Deberg_1990
12-11-2005, 05:51 PM

Ive been saying for the past couple of years, Hes the modern day Dan Fouts.

htismaqe
12-11-2005, 05:52 PM

Pretty much the story of Derrick Thomas' career...

mnchief79
12-11-2005, 05:56 PM
I agree, there are no hopes, just a bunch of good marketing folks in KC. We've never been a serious contender for the last 10 years and won't be anytime soon. I love'em , but they can't get the job done. I'm ready for a one and out franchise, win the SB and then go 0-16.

Baby Lee
12-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Pretty much the story of Derrick Thomas' career...
F@ck you htis. First off, the Pittsburgh and Houston wins were important games. There was also a first round win against the Raiders in 1991. There were numerous wins where a playoff berth was on the line, and they won those and got in, ALMOST EVERY YEAR, including in 1993.
What a gunt. Make up lies about the best player we ever had, a dead player, out of your twisted hatred of Marty.
I hope you're proud.
I guess by your logic, it's REALLY true of Joe Delaney's career.
Asshat.

KC Kings
12-11-2005, 06:01 PM
I agree, there are no hopes, just a bunch of good marketing folks in KC. We've never been a serious contender for the last 10 years and won't be anytime soon. I love'em , but they can't get the job done. I'm ready for a one and out franchise, win the SB and then go 0-16.

May be true, but I would much rather lose a close game last this, or win a close game like our last two and not make the playoff's than to blow teams out by 35 points and lose in the first playoff game. A blowout game is good every once in a while, but I really enjoy these nail biters that could either way.

RJ
12-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Basically I just feel sick. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to see a silver lining, right now it's just illness. Too much emotion in too short a time.

tk13
12-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Yet, none of it is really his fault....

htismaqe
12-11-2005, 06:06 PM
F@ck you htis. First off, the Pittsburgh and Houston wins were important games. There was also a first round win against the Raiders in 1991. There were numerous wins where a playoff berth was on the line, and they won those and got in, ALMOST EVERY YEAR, including in 1993.
What a gunt. Make up lies about the best player we ever had, a dead player, out of your twisted hatred of Marty.
I hope you're proud.
I guess by your logic, it's REALLY true of Joe Delaney's career.
Asshat.

True colors, pussy. Trent Green is the reason we have no defense, right? Like I said, true colors.

Pussy.

Baby Lee
12-11-2005, 06:10 PM
True colors, pussy. Trent Green is the reason we have no defense, right? Like I said, true colors.

Pussy.
Win ONE important game, and the string is broken. ONE, that's all. ONE, in his whole career. Get back to me when it happens, or. . . you could just keep making excuses for the guy who has never won ONE important game.

BTW - kudos to you on not facing up to your blatant, and ever so easily rebutted, lie about a dead Chiefs great.

htismaqe
12-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Win ONE important game, and the string is broken. ONE, that's all. ONE, in his whole career. Get back to me when it happens, or. . . you could just keep making excuses for the guy who has never won ONE important game.

BTW - kudos to you on not facing up to your blatant, and ever so easily rebutted, lie about a dead Chiefs great.

ROFL

My statement about Derrick Thomas was intentionally ABSURD. You statement about Green was equally absurd, but we all know you meant it.

Your ass is showing.

FringeNC
12-11-2005, 06:24 PM
Perfection on a hurry up, last second, drive that no one else could dream of, then a schtoink on the FG.
That's this team in a nutshell, capable of amazing play, but LOSERS when it comes down to the final analysis.

How you can blame Trent Green, Saunders, or Vermeil for this loss instead of your boy Gunther is beyond me....

Mecca
12-11-2005, 06:25 PM
This team is just really good at getting your hopes up then taking a big shit on you.

Baby Lee
12-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Ah yes, the vaunted "I'm juss keeding" defense when your ass is exposed for all. So brave.

And when I make a statement of verifiable fact, whether I mean it or not is irrevelant.

If I say 'the sky is blue,' does it really matter if I'm joking or not?

PGM
12-11-2005, 06:26 PM
another tough loss....UGHHH

htismaqe
12-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Ah yes, the vaunted "I'm juss keeding" defense when your ass is exposed for all. So brave.

I don't have to defend myself.

You're the one who made a brazenly stupid remark about Trent Green. I didn't.

I just pointed out your stupidity, and once again you throw a tizzy like a 3-year-old.

Proctor Lite.

Baby Lee
12-11-2005, 06:28 PM
How you can blame Trent Green, Saunders, or Vermeil for this loss instead of your boy Gunther is beyond me....
I blame them all, except Larry Johnson and Willie Roaf [and them too for not kicking the rest of the teams' collective asses], for being losers when it comes down to brass tacks. The Trent observation is more of a side dish.

tk13
12-11-2005, 06:28 PM

You're nuts. Trent did everything he could to win that game. He made two great, great throws in the last 4 minutes to give us a chance. In a game where LJ had trouble pass blocking that hurt us badly, Eddie Kennison had the drops, the offensive line didn't have their best game, the defense gave it up in the 4th quarter, and the kicker missed a kick with 2 seconds left, you bag on Trent Green. Brilliant.

htismaqe
12-11-2005, 06:29 PM

And when I make a statement of verifiable fact, whether I mean it or not is irrevelant.

If I say 'the sky is blue,' does it really matter if I'm joking or not?

Ah, you added that after a responded.

So your saying that you were pointing out the simple fact that Green has never won an important game but not making any insinuation about his ability to do so?

And you have the nerve to call me out for using the "j/k" defense (even though I wasn't, I was illustrating idiocy with idiocy)?

ROFL

Baby Lee
I don't have to defend myself.

You're the one who made a brazenly stupid remark about Trent Green. I didn't.

I just pointed out your stupidity, and once again you throw a tizzy like a 3-year-old.

Proctor Lite.
It might be 'unfair' [oww poow Twent, evewybody bwames him. He's JUST the QB], but as it's demonstrably true, it's not stupid.

Cochise
Don't blame Green for the fact that the secondary looked awful.

Everyone made and missed plays, but Green was good enough on the last drive. He put us in a position to win. And he shouldn't have needed to bring us back if we could have made a stop on that offensive display of defense on Dallas' last drive.

plbrdude
12-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Yet, none of it is really his fault....

how true. when you score 28+ many times and still lose, one would think looking elsewhere would be wise. i hate blaming the d, but one, just one stop sometimes.

htismaqe
12-11-2005, 06:30 PM
The Trent observation is more of a side dish.

Or a personal beef, the type of which you're so quick to point out when it's someone other than you...

dirk digler
12-11-2005, 06:31 PM
You're nuts. Trent did everything he could to win that game. He made two great, great throws in the last 4 minutes to give us a chance. In a game where LJ had trouble pass blocking that hurt us badly, Eddie Kennison had the drops, the offensive line didn't have their best game, the defense gave it up in the 4th quarter, and the kicker missed a kick with 2 seconds left, you bag on Trent Green. Brilliant.

Excellent observation. Trent and the O was solid but the D was horrid.

FringeNC
12-11-2005, 06:32 PM
I blame them all, except Larry Johnson and Willie Roaf [and them too for not kicking the rest of the teams' collective asses], for being losers when it comes down to brass tacks. The Trent observation is more of a side dish.

Amazing, just amazing. Did you watch the same game I did? How many times has Dallas given up 28 points this year? How many times have they scored 31?

Trent ****ing came through in the clutch.

Baby Lee
12-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Ah, you added that after a responded.

So your saying that you were pointing out the simple fact that Green has never won an important game but not making any insinuation about his ability to do so?

And you have the nerve to call me out for using the "j/k" defense (even though I wasn't, I was illustrating idiocy with idiocy)?

ROFL
I've never said anything about his future. Just like I don't predict on Marty's future [unlike some, who think it's preordained by GOD]
Like I said earlier; win ONE important game, and the string is broken. ONE, that's all. ONE, in his whole career, and I'll never have to say it again. And if it's for the Chiefs, I'll be pleased as punch.

htismaqe
12-11-2005, 06:33 PM
I've never said anything about his future. Just like I don't predict on Marty's future [unlike some, who think it's preordained by GOD]
Like I said earlier; win ONE important game, and the string is broken. ONE, that's all. ONE, in his whole career, and I'll never have to say it again. And if it's for the Chiefs, I'll be pleased as punch.

You're full-bore in reverse now. Good job.

Baby Lee
12-11-2005, 06:34 PM
you bag on Trent Green. Brilliant.
YOu're missing the point. I'm bagging on ALL OF THEM. But Trent IS the QB. And he HAS never won an important game. Like I said side-dish.
Given the oppportunity, I'd piss on them all, starting with the old man.

htismaqe
12-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Amazing, just amazing. Did you watch the same game I did? How many times has Dallas given up 28 points this year? How many times have they scored 31?

Trent ****ing came through in the clutch.

Come now, he wasn't criticizing Green. It was a simple, and completely innocent, statement of fact.

Cochise
12-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Never won an important game? What about last week?

htismaqe
12-11-2005, 06:53 PM

Yeah, you're definitely bagging on everyone here. How could we have missed it?

tk13
12-11-2005, 06:55 PM
YOu're missing the point. I'm bagging on ALL OF THEM. But Trent IS the QB. And he HAS never won an important game. Like I said side-dish.
Given the oppportunity, I'd piss on them all, starting with the old man.
Trent is the QB. That's about the only statement in your rantings that is accurate. I'd really like to know what the hell he did to help lose this game.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-11-2005, 06:55 PM
It seems as if our defense can never make THE play. Sapp in the Raider game, Surtain in this game, etc. We have no one stepping up.

I still think we'll make the playoffs, but we'll lose the first game.

the Talking Can
12-11-2005, 06:56 PM

yeah, Green is the reason we suck....you are a ****ing idiot, KCJohnny style...

CanadaKC
12-11-2005, 06:56 PM
I disagree with the Trent Green scapegoat card...totally agree with the Defensive scapegoat card.

headsnap
12-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Never won an important game? What about last week?
that is in the past, BL is obviously talking about the FUTURE!!! :spock:

Chiefs Pantalones
12-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Green is not at fault. Usually, if you want to be a playoff team, if you score 28 points on the road, that should win the game, if you are a playoff team.

This is another topic, but did anyone else see that ref throw the flag only after seeing Witten drop the ball?

Otter
12-11-2005, 07:02 PM
I've come to expect nothing less (or more :hmmm: ) from this team. I'm dissapointed but certainly not angry or depressed. I'd more more surprised if a season didn't end in this fashion after so many years of following the Chiefs.

meh

bobbything
12-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Trent Green may have never won an "important" game, but neither has:

Willie Roaf
Brian Watters
Tony Gonzalez
Tony Richardson
Priest Holmes (and don't mention the SB season he barely played in)

Hard to single out Green if you're gonna throw stones simply because he's the QB. Will Shields is probably the last player on this offense to win an "important" game.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-11-2005, 07:05 PM
I've come to expect nothing less (or more :hmmm: ) from this team. I'm dissapointed but certainly not angry or depressed. I'd more more surprised if a season didn't end this way at this point.

meh

Yeah that's how I am anymore. Just like you and Mecca said, I really don't have any expectations for this team, because any time you do, they end up disappointing you. I just take every game anymore very nicely, and just hope for the best. If things don't work out, oh well, it's not like I wasn't surprised by it.

Mecca
12-11-2005, 07:11 PM
The only thing I blame Trent Green for is fumbling nearly every week this season, it's become quite annoying. That said, he's not the reason we lost the game.

CoMoChief
12-11-2005, 07:14 PM
This is just as bad as the Philly game. If not worse, we have no room to **** up and we go off and do this kinda shit like botch a snap on a tough 40yd FG and dont eat up clock at the end of the half when we are on the 10 ****in yd line.

Cochise
12-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Ugh. The 'what have you done for me in the past 6 days' around here is ridiculous. Time for a break.

Guru
12-11-2005, 07:19 PM
This team is just really good at getting your hopes up then taking a big shit on you.

Amen, Mecca, AMEN!!!

Baby Lee
12-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Trent Green may have never won an "important" game, but neither has:

Willie Roaf
Brian Watters
Tony Gonzalez
Tony Richardson
Priest Holmes (and don't mention the SB season he barely played in)

Hard to single out Green if you're gonna throw stones simply because he's the QB. Will Shields is probably the last player on this offense to win an "important" game.
Willie won a playoff game in 2000, otherwise I agree. But Trent is still the QB. Give those guys a few more 14 point swings off their miscues, and I'll be mentioning them as well.
And don't lose sight of the fact that I'm sick of all of these guys, except Willie and Larry. Trent just has the most consistent and easily pointed out Achilles.

Mecca
12-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Ugh. The 'what have you done for me in the past 6 days' around here is ridiculous. Time for a break.

I don't know what you expect but usually after a performance like that in a game you need to win. People are going to be pissed off and rightfully so.

Guru
12-11-2005, 07:59 PM
I don't know what you expect but usually after a performance like that in a game you need to win. People are going to be pissed off and rightfully so.

Yes, real fans have the right to bitch and moan after a game like this. I have been waiting forever for the Chiefs to put it together and get back to the Superbowl and here we are again. Beginning to wonder about next year.

Not saying the season is over but it just got much, much, much closer.

I am tired of seeing one and done SB winners or the "dynasty" teams. I just want it to finally be the Chiefs. I was only 6 months old for the first SB appearance by the Chiefs and I want to know what it feels like to get there and win the damn thing.

So yeah, I am damn upset after todays performance.