PDA

View Full Version : If we tie SD record at the end of the season do we edge them out from the playoffs?

chiefsfan1963
12-11-2005, 07:30 PM
If we some how get beat next week, but manage to beat SD and Cincy tie with SD at 10-6 do we edge them out and go to the playoffs b/c they lost to Miami? I expect Chiefs to win their remaining games but this is a what if question.

RINGLEADER
12-11-2005, 07:58 PM
If they lose next week at Indy and then at Arrowhead I believe our conference record will be no worse than 8-4 and theirs can be no better than 7-5. Today's loss sucks, but San Diego's loss is devastating for them in both conference record and common opponents if they end up tied with us.

Like I said a few weeks back the last two games at Arrowhead are what is going to determine our fate. It would have been great to have a game up on the Steelers and Chargers but honestly I think we're in better shape right now than we were at the start of the day and I think our real competition for the final wild card is going to be Pittsburgh, not San Diego.

Mecca
12-11-2005, 07:59 PM
It doesn't matter because Pittsburgh edges both of us......

chiefsfan1963
12-11-2005, 10:23 PM
we go 11-5 we're in. with this loss we still control our destiny. going 1-1 on the road and undefeated at home is not too shabby. everybody stop your crying! this is a good team. yes we should of pulled this game out but that's the way it goes. if we go 9-5 into the SD game, beat SD and then Cincy, then this loss will not be a big deal. this is the nfl.