PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back, 2004 Chiefs defense!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
12-11-2005, 07:30 PM
We missed you!!!

the Talking Can
12-11-2005, 07:58 PM
how can we miss them when they never left?

FringeNC
12-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Usually, it was a good offense that would torch us.

Today it was rock bottom. In such a key game against such a weak offensive team, we performed like we did, and shattered all hopes that we had a decent D.

stevieray
12-11-2005, 08:24 PM
it's fun watching the same people jump off and on the bandwagon with every loss and win.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-11-2005, 08:26 PM
it's fun watching the same people jump off and on the bandwagon with every loss and win.

I'm with you. I am pissed about this lose but it was on the road and we played a pretty solid game. Our D wasn't as good as we have seen this year but it wasn't awful. I am not ready to sell the farm yet, Diego and Jax lost so all isn;t lost yet.

FringeNC
12-11-2005, 08:51 PM

Well, we know we have a good offense, and it is just a question of whether we have a decent D. Unfortunately, that was answered in dramatic fashion today. All hope that we had a decent D went up in flames today.

...it doesn't mean we're NOT going to make the playoffs...but it does suggest if we do, it will be another early exit.

ChiefsCountry
12-11-2005, 08:52 PM
We had a 4th goal stop, that didnt matter bc of a questionable call and everybody thinks are defense is horrible.

Lets see, Dallas scored on a trick dick flea flicker, and a hell of throw and catch by Whitten.

Baby Lee
12-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Really, is it as fun as watching this team show that they have the talent to beat the best teams in the league, but not the heart to beat the worst?

FringeNC
12-11-2005, 08:56 PM
We had a 4th goal stop, that didnt matter bc of a questionable call and everybody thinks are defense is horrible.

Lets see, Dallas scored on a trick dick flea flicker, and a hell of throw and catch by Whitten.

Huh? How many 1st downs did Dallas have? How many yards did Dallas have? Dallas putting up 31 points was no fluke. They moved up and down the field. How had Dallas been doing lately since losing their LT? Awful.

Yes, our D is an f'n joke...perhaps the worst in the league.

ChiefsCountry
12-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Really, is it as fun as watching this team show that they have the talent to beat the best teams in the league, but not the heart to beat the worst?

Yeah Dallas is Houston, San Fran.

They are in the middle of the playoff race in the NFL.

Iowanian
12-11-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm disappointed but its not like the Chiefs just lost to Miami at home.

The majority of the competition for a WC spot just lost today too. Sandy Eggo just lost to an AFC team the Chiefs beat(h2h), the Eggos will play at Indy and have to come to Arrowhead in 2 weeks. Jax lost and has a backup QB running the show.

The Chiefs have to win out but if they do, they'll get a WC game.

Just accept that the Chiefs are your "bad girlfriend" like I do. I love her, but I know its just a matter of time before that whoooor cheats on me again.

Baby Lee
Yeah Dallas is Houston, San Fran.

They are in the middle of the playoff race in the NFC.
One letter makes all the difference.

Mecca
Sometimes, I'd rather be 3-13 than getting my heart ripped out through my asshole a few times per year.

FringeNC
12-11-2005, 09:01 PM

I find your comments amusing. You insinuate in other posts that it was the offense, and Trent Green who cost us the game, yet it was the offense who kept coming back from deficits, showing tremendous heart. How can you claim the offense doesn't have the heart? This offense has more heart than any offense I have seen. This is the same squad that showed the tremendous heart, never giving up against Indy in the playoffs, despite the D.

Now if you comments are solely about the D, then I will agree a little. Personally, I think it has little to do with heart, and much to do with the incompetence of Gunther Cunningham.

Guru
12-11-2005, 09:03 PM

Didn't know being pissed was considered jumping off the bandwagon.

siberian khatru
12-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Just accept that the Chiefs are your "bad girlfriend" like I do. I love her, but I know its just a matter of time before that whoooor cheats on me again.

Words of wisdom.

siberian khatru
12-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Didn't know being pissed was considered jumping off the bandwagon.

I think he means a lot of folks are trashing the same team they were fitting for playoff jerseys last week.

Me, I tried to keep an even keel this week. Going on the road really scared me; I still have nightmares about Buffalo. My fears were justified. This team has a lot, a HELLUVA lot, to prove to me. Beating Denver at home was nice; it was an important step forward. But time and again, this franchise can't take the next step.

There's simply no reason to invest longterm hope in this team. Take 'em one game at a time. Don't ever get fooled into thinking "this is the year, we're making a run, we've finally turned the corner!"

stevieray
12-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Well, we know we have a good offense, and it is just a question of whether we have a decent D. Unfortunately, that was answered in dramatic fashion today. All hope that we had a decent D went up in flames today.

...it doesn't mean we're NOT going to make the playoffs...but it does suggest if we do, it will be another early exit.

No it doesn't. There are no absolutes.

Invescos beat Dallas. We beat the Invescos. Dallas beats us.

Is Dallas better than the Invescos?

Every team has good games and bad games. Expecting the same results every game is ludicrous. Indy might win the AFC, but lose the SB.

dirk digler
12-11-2005, 09:13 PM
I think he means a lot of folks are trashing the same team they were fitting for playoff jerseys last week.

Me, I tried to keep an even keel this week. Going on the road really scared me; I still have nightmares about Buffalo. My fears were justified. This team has a lot, a HELLUVA lot, to prove to me. Beating Denver at home was nice; it was an important step forward. But time and again, this franchise can't take the next step.

There's simply no reason to invest longterm hope in this team. Take 'em one game at a time. Don't ever get fooled into thinking "this is the year, we're making a run, we've finally turned the corner!"

Good post siberian. Myself I was excited that we beat the Donkeys and I personally thought this team was coming together at the right time and I fully expected them to beat Dallas. In fact for the majority of the game I wasn't worried about losing. Dallas couldn't stop us. But we lost because our D is not very good.

We screwed ourselves with this loss and it looks like another playoff-less season for the Chiefs.

listopencil
12-11-2005, 09:15 PM
No it doesn't. There are no absolutes.

Invescos beat Dallas. We beat the Invescos. Dallas beats us.

Is Dallas better than the Invescos?

Every team has good games and bad games. Expecting the same results every game is ludicrous. Indy might win the AFC, but lose the SB.

Dallas isn't a bad team. I watched every minute of our Thanksgiving game. I started off our meal with "...I'm thankful for my family. That we could all be here. I'm thankful that I'm still here with as many cigarettes I smoke. And I'm thankful for Ron Touchdown Dayne!"...*evil glare from wife because I had the game on muted in full view of the table*. They played us tough and they played you tough. Shit happens.

stevieray
12-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Dallas isn't a bad team. I watched every minute of our Thanksgiving game. I started off our meal with "...I'm thankful for my family. That we could all be here. I'm thankful that I'm still here with as many cigarettes I smoke. And I'm thankful for Ron Touchdown Dayne!"...*evil glare from wife because I had the game on muted in full view of the table*. They played us tough and they played you tough. Shit happens.

anyone thinking this or any game is a gimme is fooling themselves.

KCwolf
12-11-2005, 09:18 PM
There are 2 teams in the NFL can take the ball 57 yds. in the FINAL 22 seconds.....and we are one of them.....Half the fans on this message are either clueless or NBA fans....cause at this time last year - we were talking about the draft in April. WE lost...it was a tough loss and one as fans thought we should win....the first half we dominated and were behind on the scoreboard.....come 2nd Half we March and take the lead only to watch the enevitable.....and if your a true Chiefs fan - U know what I mean. Why is Tony Richardson not in the game to block on 10 yard line....How can Surtain not catch the INT....How can there be a bad snap on the FG attempt to tie the game...stick around long enough and it goes on and on.....but back to the top....50 yds in 2 plays in 22 seconds......thats why I keep coming back - Just get us in playoffs and lets see what happens........LJ is ............crazy good.

dirk digler
12-11-2005, 09:18 PM

I think playing the Texans and winning is a gimme.

Guru
12-11-2005, 09:20 PM

Believe me, I am hoping like crazy that they make the playoffs. I will be back next week to live or die again. Just don't confuse being angry with being a bandwagoner.

FringeNC
12-11-2005, 09:20 PM

That's not the point. The point is when you generate 500 yards of offense, and 28 points against a tough D team with little offense, you should win the game. I don't think any other D in the league besides ours would have ****ed it up.

Guru
12-11-2005, 09:24 PM
That's not the point. The point is when you generate 500 yards of offense, and 28 points against a tough D team with little offense, you should win the game. I don't think any other D in the league besides ours would have ****ed it up.

Well, if the Ravens could get to that point, I do think they could screw it up today after what happened against Denver.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Why does our slowest defender (Sammy Knight) cover the TE most of the time?

Nzoner
12-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Well, if the Ravens could get to that point, I do think they could screw it up today after what happened against Denver.

We had all the games on here today and as for the Ravens I can't remember a time seeing a team screw up so many opportunities.Denver tried to give them the game at least 4 times that I counted and they focked up everytime.

Mecca
12-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Why does our slowest defender (Sammy Knight) cover the TE most of the time?

Because Gun's stubborn and hasn't realized that it doesn't work.

FringeNC
12-11-2005, 09:32 PM
We had all the games on here today and as for the Ravens I can't remember a time seeing a team screw up so many opportunities.Denver tried to give them the game at least 4 times that I counted and they focked up everytime.

Yeah, match Baltimore's offense with our D, and you'd have a hell of a team...

stevieray
12-11-2005, 09:33 PM

Should? This is football. there is no should in football, otherwise there would be no reason to play the game.

CoMoChief
12-11-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm disappointed but its not like the Chiefs just lost to Miami at home.

The majority of the competition for a WC spot just lost today too. Sandy Eggo just lost to an AFC team the Chiefs beat(h2h), the Eggos will play at Indy and have to come to Arrowhead in 2 weeks. Jax lost and has a backup QB running the show.

The Chiefs have to win out but if they do, they'll get a WC game.

We win this game today and we could have had control of our own destiny. This was a bullshit coaching flaw by DV and his shit sucking coaching staff. That timeout at the end of the 1st half really fired me off in a rampage at my house. I still can't believe he did that and that call to do that just goes right down next to that call in Seattle in '02 to decide and pass it while were on the goaline when we had a healthy Priest and an amazing Oline as DV dumbass coaching decisions. He's so old and has been there and done that, that he thinks he knows everything there is about the game. Christ a 10 year old playing Madden can figure out to run the clock down when youre on the 9 yd line getting ready to score with 1:20 left. At least we couldve kicked a FG and been up at the half.