PDA

View Full Version : Who won't be a Chief next year??

recxjake
12-11-2005, 10:20 PM
My picks....

Dewayne Washington
Dextor McCleon
Jerome Woods
Gary Stills
John Browning
Lional Dalton
Will Shields
Willie Roaf
Will Sviteck
Jermey Parquet
Chris Horn
Marc Boerighter
Jason Dunn
Kris Wilson
Junior Siavi
Todd Colins or Damon Huard
Priest Holmes
Dee Brown
Ronnie Cruz
Shawn Barber
Laurence Tynes

Thig Lyfe
12-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Rich Scanlon

He'll be too busy eating babies on Alpha Centauri.

Mecca
12-11-2005, 10:28 PM
I think you have a few to many guys on there....if we lose that many we're looking at a 4-12 type year.

recxjake
12-11-2005, 10:30 PM
I think you have a few to many guys on there....if we lose that many we're looking at a 4-12 type year.

most of those guys are backups that don't play...... the rest are just old... they said today that we were the oldest starting team in the league... if we don't do it this year we are clearing house

Halfcan
12-11-2005, 10:30 PM
lol for once I agree with you Mecca-that is a long list. Maybe 2-14.

Tynes has been money-that was a shitty snap and hold-but still should have made it from that distance. What did Dee Brown do to piss ya off?

Halfcan
12-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Give him the salary cap speech-Mecca-lol

recxjake
12-11-2005, 10:39 PM
lol for once I agree with you Mecca-that is a long list. Maybe 2-14.

Tynes has been money-that was a shitty snap and hold-but still should have made it from that distance. What did Dee Brown do to piss ya off?

Dee Brown has nothing to impress me.... w/ Priest gone we need another big back... he can be # 3 I guess

Carl hates Tynes... remember at training camp... I wouldn't be surprised if they draft a kicker in the 2 or 3rd round

Most of those guys are on 1 year contracts and Shields Roaf Priest will be retiring so that doesnt hurt the cap

Halfcan
12-11-2005, 10:41 PM
I hope we can draft 22 badass dudes to take their place?

recxjake
12-11-2005, 10:43 PM
5 or 6 from the draft.... 5 or 6 from Free Agency... some of the backups I named will stick around for another year or too.... these are just people on the hot seat or retiring

greg63
12-11-2005, 10:46 PM
…Dick Vermeil, Cunningham.....Oh, you were talking about players.

Sure-Oz
12-11-2005, 10:47 PM
No way Tynes goes unless he totally tanks from here on out.

Valiant
12-11-2005, 11:21 PM
No they did not... They said our Oline has the highest average age of starters in the league...

As for the thread topic... Are you ****ing serious??? You think there will be a 40% turnaround???

Dewayne Washington--------------maybe
Dextor McCleon---------------------yep
Jerome Woods----------------------yep
Gary Stills---------------------------maybe
John Browning-----------------------yep
Lional Dalton------------------------yep
Will Shields--------------------------yep
Willie Roaf---------------------------no, said he is coming back
Will Sviteck--------------------------who?
Jermey Parquet----------------------who?
Chris Horn----------------------------no
Marc Boerighter----------------------maybe, no one else will take him though
Jason Dunn---------------------------hell no
Kris Wilson---------------------------hell no
Junior Siavi---------------------------no
Todd Colins or Damon Huard--------unless we draft Qbotf, hell no
Priest Holmes------------------------hell no, unless traded which will not happen
Dee Brown---------------------------who cares
Ronnie Cruz--------------------------who cares
Shawn Barber------------------------yep
Laurence Tynes-----------------------hell no, unless some stud kicker becomes a FA...

Anyong Bluth
12-11-2005, 11:27 PM
K.bell. J.Woods. D.Mac, W.Shields, D.Wash. J.Siavi

I'd personally like to add a better FS & and another LB instead of Bell- unless they end up drafting a huge DT and want to run a 3-4 and put KM & KB in the middle.

But I think Barber and Bell's cap number and Bell's bonus is going to make it hard to not cut him, unless he restructures.

I'd like to get a sweet T in FA so Welbourn can move to Shields spot.

I haven't seen how V.Riley has played since he left, but he was servicable and I think Solari might be able to whip him into shape!

recxjake
12-11-2005, 11:27 PM
No they did not... They said our Oline has the highest average age of starters in the league...

As for the thread topic... Are you ****ing serious??? You think there will be a 40% turnaround???

Priest Holmes------------------------hell no, unless traded which will not happen
Laurence Tynes-----------------------hell no, unless some stud kicker becomes a FA...

haha not much different then mine...... and your wrong they said that the starters were the oldest in the league, i taped it and heard it again

KChiefsQT
12-11-2005, 11:28 PM

Link?

Valiant
12-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Link?

He said on a interview before the season started he will play a couple more years...

Dunit35
12-12-2005, 12:30 AM
My picks....

Dewayne Washington-NO
Dextor McCleon-PROBABLY NOT
Jerome Woods-DEPENDS ON CAP HIT
Gary Stills-IS HE A FREE AGENT,IF NOT YES
John Browning-YES
Lional Dalton-IM GUESSING YES
Will Shields-RETIRE/IF NOT HE WILL BE HERE
Willie Roaf-SAME AS WATERS
Will Sviteck-PROBABLY
Jermey Parquet-PROBABLY
Chris Horn-HMM..DONT KNOW
Marc Boerighter-YES
Jason Dunn-YES
Kris Wilson-YES
Junior Siavi-I HOPE NOT
Todd Colins or Damon Huard-HUARD WILL BE GONE
Priest Holmes-UNLESS HE RETIRES
Dee Brown-NO
Ronnie Cruz-YES
Shawn Barber-YES
Laurence Tynes-YES

Yes they will stay on team, no they will not be on team next year.

Mecca
12-12-2005, 01:51 AM
Alot of this is going to depend on what the Chiefs want to do obviously. If they decide they want to rebuild then yea, everyone of those guys plus more could be gone.

But knowing this front office, they'll keep most of those guys and keep trying to believe they have "1 more run" left in them.

Guru
12-12-2005, 02:04 AM
Alot of this is going to depend on what the Chiefs want to do obviously. If they decide they want to rebuild then yea, everyone of those guys plus more could be gone.

But knowing this front office, they'll keep most of those guys and keep trying to believe they have "1 more run" left in them.

AHHH yes, the band-aid approach. Much like they have handled the stadium issues.

Mecca
12-12-2005, 02:07 AM
AHHH yes, the band-aid approach. Much like they have handled the stadium issues.

We've been bandaiding for years, it's why were constantly 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7. Usually to have good enough players to win 13 or 14 games it requires an overhauling of the team. Which leads to a bad record for a couple of years which leads to picking in the top 10. Which of done right leads to some young star players to build your team around.

We had our 13-3 year which looks more like an aberation of how it's done than anything else.

DenverChief
12-12-2005, 06:20 AM
My picks....

Laurence Tynes:rolleyes::fart::whackit:rochambeau:loser:

kc rush
12-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Shields - will retire
Roaf - might retire (hopefully not)
Woods - cut
Bo - cut if we draft a WR in the first 3 rounds, or if Cro improves
McLeon - cut, especially if we have a coaching change
Washington - cut
Huard - cut if we draft a QBOTF, especially if we have a coaching change
Scanlon or Grigsby - we will keep the better special teams player of the two
Bell - If I remember right, his contract was structured so we could cut him after 1 year with minimal cap damage. If that is the case, he is gone.

That is 7-9 players gone, which is reasonable.

chief118
12-12-2005, 11:28 AM
they need to get rid of eric hics. make a trade 4 NY JETS JOHN Aberham who wants to leave ny anyway. So they can get more pressure on the QB and then draft a dt thats a stud or pick him up in free agency. K Bell has been a bust DJ has played a lot better then him.

wolfpack0735
12-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Dunn won`t be going anywhere. he is still one of the best blocking tightends in the game. we`ll need him IF Roaf retires.

chiefqueen
12-12-2005, 12:42 PM
We've been bandaiding for years, it's why were constantly 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7. Usually to have good enough players to win 13 or 14 games it requires an overhauling of the team. Which leads to a bad record for a couple of years which leads to picking in the top 10. Which of done right leads to some young star players to build your team around.

We had our 13-3 year which looks more like an aberation of how it's done than anything else.

Exactly, that's why I advocated last night blowing the team up, taking the necessary cap hit in 06, accumulating extra draft picks through trades, and making a SB run around 2009 or 2010 when Indy's window closes.

Mecca
12-12-2005, 02:54 PM
they need to get rid of eric hics. make a trade 4 NY JETS JOHN Aberham who wants to leave ny anyway. So they can get more pressure on the QB and then draft a dt thats a stud or pick him up in free agency. K Bell has been a bust DJ has played a lot better then him.

John Abrahams a free agent........the rumors are already circulating that the Eagles want him. They have the money to pay him, we well don't.

Rain Man
12-12-2005, 02:56 PM
I doubt that I'll be a Chief next year. Most likely, neither will Alec Baldwin, Colin Powell, Britney Spears, the guy who married Britney Spears, or the other guy who married Britney Spears.

Mr. Laz
12-12-2005, 03:05 PM
hopefully vermeil ... hopefully Peterson

i'm pretty flexible after that

Sully
12-12-2005, 03:17 PM
I doubt that I'll be a Chief next year. Most likely, neither will Alec Baldwin, Colin Powell, Britney Spears, the guy who married Britney Spears, or the other guy who married Britney Spears.

Now you are just talking out of your ass. You have no links to back ANY of that up.
Do You??
DO YOU???

greg63
12-12-2005, 03:30 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

You forgot Ben Affleck.

joesomebody
12-12-2005, 04:02 PM
I'd like to see McLeon go, I'm betting Shields retires, Holmes won't want to play second fiddle..., Washington is old, but has played well when he had to, Tynes is a good young kicker so I hope hes back, Siavi is a waste, Bell needs to improve or hit the road.

I do think we need to give this Defense another off season with the core of them still together, we are almost there.

Offense, we are obviously going to need some help on the line after this season, a stud receiver would be nice, and its about time we got a replacement for T-Rich, love the guy but we need him to give his replacement some turn over.

sedated
12-12-2005, 04:14 PM

I think a 6 year old hijacked a computer.

hukt on fonix wurkt fur mi