PDA

View Full Version : Are the Chiefs better than this? Or is this the final product of 5 years?

SNR
12-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Is what we saw today the best product available we'll be able to field this season? If it is, damn it Carl.

I'd like to believe it's not. This was not the team I saw last week against Dungver. While we gave up some big plays last week, we also made big plays on D. Not today. Not a single turnover. The Bledsoe fumble and near pick 6 by Surtain would've given us the game today.

Whatever. We have to win out now. With the cards falling the way they are, we won't make the playoffs at 10-6. Maybe not even 11-5. This ****ing blows.

Good God, today was Seattle all over again. Shitty playcalling in the end zone, huge 3rd down screwups on D, and even a few missed opportunities here and there. :shake:

Thig Lyfe
12-11-2005, 10:27 PM
It feels like the Chiefs won, except for when I remember they lost, and then I get really depressed.

tk13
12-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Well, it was a level 8000 stomach punch game. It'll be interesting to see how we bounce back. That said, our playoff hopes aren't really any worse off than last week. We're real lucky in that regard, most of the teams we're racing against all had more embarrassing days than we did. We still are in complete control of our destiny. Frustrating game though, so many little things, if we could've just done one of them differently, we win. That's football I guess.

Straight, No Chaser
12-11-2005, 10:29 PM
... This was not the team I saw last week against Dungver. While we gave up some big plays last week, we also made big plays on D. Not today. Not a single turnover. The Bledsoe fumble and near pick 6 by Surtain would've given us the game today.

Whatever..:

Great game if you're a football fan.
The couple of times Bledsoe put the ball on the ground it bounced the cowgirls way; a couple of possible INTs were not to be.
Oh, and last week we played at home.
All in all a good game and had a chance to take into OT. I have no doubts we'd have won it there too.

Thanks to the Fins it ain't over yet. But hey, it's not like the Colts are going to lose either.

---->

cdcox
12-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Yeah, this is as good as it gets this year. There is something fundamentally askew about the DV Chiefs. We lose games that we have no business losing. Phili after taking a huge lead. Buffalo. And today.

The Chiefs turn a 14-3 lead to a 17-14 deficiet in 5 minutes. DV indicates how things are going fine and they haven't stopped out offense all day. Missing the fumble and the INT were just symptoms of a team that can't exploit the breaks in the game. Parcell's team did. DV's did not.

It hasn't gotten better in 5 seasons. I doubt it will get better in how ever many games we have left.

Pants
12-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Yeah, this is as good as it gets this year. There is something fundamentally askew about the DV Chiefs. We lose games that we have no business losing. Phili after taking a huge lead. Buffalo. And today.

The Chiefs turn a 14-3 lead to a 17-14 deficiet in 5 minutes. DV indicates how things are going fine and they haven't stopped out offense all day. Missing the fumble and the INT were just symptoms of a team that can't exploit the breaks in the game. Parcell's team did. DV's did not.

It hasn't gotten better in 5 seasons. I doubt it will get better in how ever many games we have left.

We ****ing had that game. I, seriously, almost cried in the end. The ball bounced Cowboys' way a couple of times, and like tk13 said, change any one of those things (fumble, pick, penalty) and we have that game. I was really pissed at the snapper, because we ****ing fought back after all the adveristy and he had to piss it away. If your whole ****ing job consists of doing ONE thing, you better do it well, otherwise, you're a useless piece of shit taking up space on the roster. You know Tynes is money, he would have made it. I can't believe it was as close as it was considering the snap.

You can blame the defense, you can blame AS or even Trent (ludicrous), but the fact is... we had 16 secs to drive into field goal range and we did - that's ****ing spirit, we deserved to make the FG and win the damn game.

DaWolf
12-12-2005, 12:30 AM
I KNEW Tynes would miss that kick at the end because this was just one of those luck games for the Cowboys. Yes they played their arses off and Bledsoe made plays but the difference was the bounces, and they just didn't go our way. This wasn't '95 or '97, we were just supposed to lose this game. When Bledsoe fumbles the ball but right to his own guy, or Surtain doesn't come up with the INT, well what can you do.

Sadly this team should be sitting here at 11-2. The Dallas and Philly game should have been W's and I still have no idea how we lost to Buffalo. Champions come out on top in games like this on the road. We are no where near champions, and it's sad that we're clawing for our playoff lives here in year 5 of yet another 5 year plan...

SNR
12-12-2005, 12:39 AM
I KNEW Tynes would miss that kick at the end because this was just one of those luck games for the Cowboys. Yes they played their arses off and Bledsoe made plays but the difference was the bounces, and they just didn't go our way. This wasn't '95 or '97, we were just supposed to lose this game. When Bledsoe fumbles the ball but right to his own guy, or Surtain doesn't come up with the INT, well what can you do.

Sadly this team should be sitting here at 11-2. The Dallas and Philly game should have been W's and I still have no idea how we lost to Buffalo. Champions come out on top in games like this on the road. We are no where near champions, and it's sad that we're clawing for our playoff lives here in year 5 of yet another 5 year plan...You're being generous. This is year 5 of a 3-year plan.

I don't care what everyone else says. Vermeil signed the 3-year contract knowing that he built teams in Philly and St. Loser in 3 years, therefore he could do the same in KC once more. GRob screwed that plan over, and now we're trying to revive an experiment that failed from the beginning. It's a shame, what with all the records we've set (good ones on offense, shitty ones on defense :banghead: )

beer bacon
12-12-2005, 12:44 AM
This might be the best we can play at the road. I think we just have to hope to get the breaks in a shootout against the Giants next Saturday.

leviw
12-12-2005, 12:44 AM
You're being generous. This is year 5 of a 3-year plan.

I don't care what everyone else says. Vermeil signed the 3-year contract knowing that he built teams in Philly and St. Loser in 3 years, therefore he could do the same in KC once more. King Carl screwed that plan over, and now we're trying to revive an experiment that failed from the beginning. It's a shame, what with all the records we've set (good ones on offense, shitty ones on defense :banghead: )

Fixed it for you.

Dunit35
12-12-2005, 12:45 AM
I seriously almost cried when he missed it. Im still upset about it, usually I can get over them by the end of the night, but this one might sting for a few days and on top of that finals are this week.

beer bacon
12-12-2005, 12:45 AM
I seriously almost cried when he missed it. Im still upset about it, usually I can get over them by the end of the night, but this one might sting for a few days and on top of that finals are this week.

This is truly a horrible way to start finals week. I am supposed to be finishing up a term paper, but I just can't concentrate.

cdcox
12-12-2005, 12:47 AM
This might be the best we can play at the road. I think we just have to hope to get the breaks in a shootout against the Giants next Saturday.

We had chances for breaks today and didn't take advantage of them. In fact we gave the other team chances to make their own breaks. Maybe next week will be better, but we had a great chance today.

leviw
12-12-2005, 12:48 AM
This is truly a horrible way to start finals week. I am supposed to be finishing up a term paper, but I just can't concentrate.
Think of it this way, guys. Our winter break will start off with a win over the Giants and two more home wins to follow, and will only get better from there with two more victories to come!

Hopefully...

Count Alex's Losses
12-12-2005, 12:49 AM
I'm about ready to call this defensive "improvement" a mirage.

Our run D didn't look good at all today against a team that was averaging 3.3 yards per rush.

It's a knee-jerk reaction but maybe it's time to kick Gunther to the curb.

We're going to be ranked #30 probably after this game and that is just inexcusable.

beer bacon
12-12-2005, 12:51 AM

Our run D didn't look good at all today against a team that was averaging 3.3 yards per rush.

We're going to be ranked #30 probably after this game and that is just inexcusable.

The only reason our run defense didn't look good was because the Cowboy's offense did a beatiful job of taking advantage of our defense's aggressive personality. They killed us on draws. Everytime the Cowboy's offense got a holding call they would just follow it up by running a draw for 10+ yards.

DaWolf
12-12-2005, 02:14 AM
The only reason our run defense didn't look good was because the Cowboy's offense did a beatiful job of taking advantage of our defense's aggressive personality. They killed us on draws. Everytime the Cowboy's offense got a holding call they would just follow it up by running a draw for 10+ yards.

Yeah, their offensive coaches outcoached our defensive coaches, why am I not surprised.

Some teams play sound defensive schemes. Gunther plays aggressive defensive schemes. Gunther's defenses can generate more points for you, but only if they are sacking the QB and forcing interceptions. What we saw today was what's wrong with Gunther's style of defense. If you're not doing the above, you're probably getting torched...

Count Alex's Losses
12-12-2005, 02:30 AM
Gunther said it himself.

"I'm not a smart man."

Bring in a new defensive coordinator next year. I'm tired of this shit.

We have plenty of talent. There are defenses in this league playing better with LESS talent.

tk13
12-12-2005, 02:35 AM

Yeah but it's just not the same as previous years. Dallas threw the book at us today, same thing Denver did last week. They couldn't beat us playing straight up, they had to throw every damn screen, draw, and trick play in the book at us. That doesn't excuse our defensive performance but we've gotten to the point where teams have to be cute to the eleventh power to beat our defense.

Mecca
12-12-2005, 02:37 AM
Gunther said it himself.

"I'm not a smart man."

Bring in a new defensive coordinator next year. I'm tired of this shit.

We have plenty of talent. There are defenses in this league playing better with LESS talent.

I'm ready for a new coaching staff with a diferent philosophy and direction. This run isn't going to work it was fun but it didn't get us anywhere.

the Talking Can
12-12-2005, 05:40 AM
I remeber when people were talking about our D being in the top 15...I said I'd be happy if they made it into the "teens" (19,18..)

well, we aren't even freaking close...we still suck ass...completely.....

Braincase
12-12-2005, 07:09 AM
How about letting Gunther pick his own assistant coaches, instead of Dick coddling Gregg Robinson's legacy nauzzelle d' douches?

I thought Gunther was going to blow a head gasket when he was yelling an Guinta.

1adam1238
12-12-2005, 07:22 AM
I'm ready for a new coaching staff with a diferent philosophy and direction. This run isn't going to work it was fun but it didn't get us anywhere.

I couldn't agree more with you on this. I believe we gut the entire organization from the top down and let someone else deal with the players that are left. Same fu$#$%^ thing every year.

jjchieffan
12-12-2005, 07:42 AM
How about letting Gunther pick his own assistant coaches, instead of Dick coddling Gregg Robinson's legacy nauzzelle d' douches?

I thought Gunther was going to blow a head gasket when he was yelling an Guinta.

I have to agree there. Robinsons assistants know how to coach Robinsons god awful techniques, not Gunthers. Gunther proved himself here before. He was so good, he was elevated to HC. The problem lies elsewhere. Most likely a combination of his staff, and a lack of talent on the D-line(which, I might add, falls on King Carl for poor draft choices like Freeman and Siavvi.

Mecca
12-12-2005, 07:43 AM
I have to agree there. Robinsons assistants know how to coach Robinsons god awful techniques, not Gunthers. Gunther proved himself here before. He was so good, he was elevated to HC. The problem lies elsewhere. Most likely a combination of his staff, and a lack of talent on the D-line(which, I might add, falls on King Carl for poor draft choices like Freeman and Siavvi.

He also had some of the best D players in the league when he was here before......Neil Smith, Derrick Thomas, Dale Carter and James Hasty would make alot of coaches look real good. Having 2 dominant pass rushers and 2 top corners pretty much frees up anything and everything.

King_Chief_Fan
12-12-2005, 07:57 AM
Is what we saw today the best product available we'll be able to field this season? If it is, damn it Carl.

I'd like to believe it's not. This was not the team I saw last week against Dungver. While we gave up some big plays last week, we also made big plays on D. Not today. Not a single turnover. The Bledsoe fumble and near pick 6 by Surtain would've given us the game today.

Whatever. We have to win out now. With the cards falling the way they are, we won't make the playoffs at 10-6. Maybe not even 11-5. This ****ing blows.

Good God, today was Seattle all over again. Shitty playcalling in the end zone, huge 3rd down screwups on D, and even a few missed opportunities here and there. :shake:

I don't know how it can be damn it Carl.
It is damn it..DV, GC and PG (db coach)
Carl gave the tools the defense wanted. They haven't used them effectively.

chiefqueen
12-12-2005, 12:47 PM

If we go 11-5 we will make the playoffs. We will have a better record than SD and we will own the tiebreaker over Pittsburgh (better conference record).