PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy's Offense

Wa-Z
12-11-2005, 11:17 PM
I keep seeing people saying that they have a horrible offenses...I think that they have always had the potential to be a great offense, the QB is much like Trent (maybe not as good) they have the receivers and an OK running game, but they don't look good on paper thus far. Our offense wasn't great at some points this year. I don't feel really bad that they got so many yards, we didn't come up with the turnovers on defense.

tk13
12-11-2005, 11:23 PM
They also pulled out every trick play they could think of and were playing way out of character. Our defense should've played better and deserves a big chunk of blame for the loss but they also need to learn from this. This really wasn't like they just ran it down our throat and gashed us throwing long bombs running their normal offense. They scored 21 points off a flea flicker, a reverse in the red zone, and after a fumble return that gave them the ball in scoring position. Credit to them, they executed well. The last two weeks now teams have stopped trying to be 'straight up' with us and now are running a lot of screens, draws, reverses, trick plays that you'd draw up on the playground... we gotta find a way to adjust.

Wa-Z
12-11-2005, 11:28 PM
True...this has to be a learning experience, I'll put money down that Surtain won't let go of an opportunity like that again, he said that he usually makes that play 99% of the time...but man, that flea flicker just sucked, WHO DOES THAT?? I haven't seen one in the NFL since I can remember. WHY US??

KCChiefsFan88
12-11-2005, 11:48 PM
True...this has to be a learning experience, I'll put money down that Surtain won't let go of an opportunity like that again, he said that he usually makes that play 99% of the time...but man, that flea flicker just sucked, WHO DOES THAT?? I haven't seen one in the NFL since I can remember. WHY US??

They happen more often than you think, although the Chiefs haven't run a flea flicker in I can't remember how long.

greg63
12-12-2005, 12:13 AM
They also pulled out every trick play they could think of and were playing way out of character. Our defense should've played better and deserves a big chunk of blame for the loss but they also need to learn from this. This really wasn't like they just ran it down our throat and gashed us throwing long bombs running their normal offense. They scored 21 points off a flea flicker, a reverse in the red zone, and after a fumble return that gave them the ball in scoring position. Credit to them, they executed well. The last two weeks now teams have stopped trying to be 'straight up' with us and now are running a lot of screens, draws, reverses, trick plays that you'd draw up on the playground... we gotta find a way to adjust.

Agreed, and just when I thought they were begining to improve.:banghead:

beer bacon
12-12-2005, 12:26 AM
I was more disappointed with the big gains they got on the ground in the first half which helped them set up the run. It made me livid every time they would get a holding penalty on first down, and then come right back and run a draw for 10+ yards.

GoTrav
12-12-2005, 12:29 AM
I keep seeing people saying that they have a horrible offenses...I think that they have always had the potential to be a great offense, the QB is much like Trent (maybe not as good) they have the receivers and an OK running game, but they don't look good on paper thus far. Our offense wasn't great at some points this year. I don't feel really bad that they got so many yards, we didn't come up with the turnovers on defense.

maybe it's our inability to defend the long play? Color me unimpressed with Surtain.

TQ82
12-12-2005, 01:04 AM
True...this has to be a learning experience
Its hard when the team is still having learning experiences in Week 14.

Wa-Z
12-12-2005, 02:36 AM
Its hard when the team is still having learning experiences in Week 14.

This is the first season they've played together.

Mecca
12-12-2005, 02:40 AM
maybe it's our inability to defend the long play? Color me unimpressed with Surtain.

When your defensive line is getting no pressure against one of the worst O-lines in all the NFL, it's not really the corners fault. The best corners in the world can't cover someone forever.