PDA

View Full Version : Who do YOU blame for the loss to Dallas?

Fire Me Boy!
12-12-2005, 06:16 AM
Seems like everyone has their own scapegoat... who's yours?

Me... I blame Gunther. We go to Dallas, where they have a statue playing quarterback, and we don't pressure him. That's ridiculous.

ChiefsfaninPA
12-12-2005, 06:26 AM
I think we did TRY to pressure them. Dalton, Browning and Hicks just suck. When we sent the LB's blitzing we got burned. I saw Bell get burned twice on a running play when we blitzed. Gunther can't get out there and play for those guys, they have to step up and make plays. The only one on our front four that did anything was as always Allen. Even Sims was dissappointing.

King_Chief_Fan
12-12-2005, 06:33 AM
eric warfield

Demonpenz
12-12-2005, 06:44 AM
bush lied defense died

MichaelH
12-12-2005, 06:44 AM
There's a few to blame but why bother. It was a close and hard fought game that ended quite predictably. The minute I saw the play calling, I knew we were doomed. It was so clear what was going to be run next. And the way the secondary was just shredded apart, Bledsoe looked like a probowler again. And Surtain coulda shoulda caught that INT and ran it back. Hell, Tynes should have made that field goal.

I don't think Surtain, Tynes, both Johnsons, Dick, Gunther or even AS can be blamed. It was just another game that showed how inconsistent the Chiefs really are.

Warrior5
12-12-2005, 06:54 AM
of Gun and the defense. He himself said he has no excuses this year, and his scheme failed miserably yesterday. I don't expect to hear any excuses coming from Gun, either. I'll bet he feels pretty miserable wasting such a great offensive performance yesterday. In fact, the whole D should be feeling pretty guilty (except maybe Allen).

Doesn't matter. Chiefs made their bed yesterday (and against Buffalo and Philly); now they have to lie in it.

It's do or die against the Giants.

...moving on to the next game.

PunkinDrublic
12-12-2005, 06:58 AM
I blame the refs for that bullshit call on fourth down. No way that should have been called.

Pants
12-12-2005, 07:00 AM
I blame the refs for that bullshit call on fourth down. No way that should have been called.

Nah, it was legit.

PunkinDrublic
12-12-2005, 07:05 AM
Nah, it was legit.

I don't think it should have been thrown. The game should have been over after that. I'm so pissed off I ****ing hate the Cowboys I had people shouting "how bout them cowboys" so much on the walk back to my car it's still echoing in my head. Refs had no business giving them a fresh set of downs like that.

Hoover
12-12-2005, 07:05 AM
I blame the guy Gun was shown saying "WHAT THE FU@K ARE YOU DOING?" on the TV.

Duck Dog
12-12-2005, 07:07 AM
Gammons for muffing the snap. A good snap and that field goal is money. I also lay blame on our D, who started the game well but ended it laying on their backs.

Duck Dog
12-12-2005, 07:08 AM
I blame the guy Gun was shown saying "WHAT THE FU@K ARE YOU DOING?" on the TV.

Him too.

Pants
12-12-2005, 07:11 AM
Gammons for muffing the snap. A good snap and that field goal is money. I also lay blame on our D, who started the game well but ended it laying on their backs.
The whole problem is that Gammon is hurt and is on the sideline. This new **** sucks at long snapping and is useless.

ChiefsCountry
12-12-2005, 07:11 AM
I blame the whole team, since it takes all of them to lose.

Simply Red
12-12-2005, 07:13 AM

Me... I blame Gunther. We go to Dallas, where they have a statue playing quarterback, and we don't pressure him. That's ridiculous.

A little bit on not blitzing enough. Mostly on the fact that prior to Greens fumble in the red-zone. WHY PASS? Hello!!! Use Johnson on the sweep behind Roaf. If it had been working all day. Why were they passing?

Hoover
12-12-2005, 07:14 AM
I thought Gmmons was hurt?

nmt1
12-12-2005, 07:15 AM

Gammons is on IR. Ed Perry snapped the ball on the FG attempt.

There's enough blame to go around for everyone. Larry Johnson should have blocked Fujita right before halftime. The defense gave up too many big plays. Surtain should've caught that tipped pass. Derrick Johnson shouldn't have held the TE at the end of the game. Ed Perry should have snapped better on the last FG attempt. Gunther should have figured out a way to get more pressure on Bledsoe. Our defensive line should've taken advantage of their beat up offensive line. Kennison shouldn't have dropped 4 passes. This list goes on and on...

Lin Elliot
12-12-2005, 07:18 AM
Gammons for muffing the snap.

If you think Gammons is still long snapping perhaps you should take those guns you like to show off with and wrap your lips around one of them.

That's just a plain dumb comment.

Pants
12-12-2005, 07:19 AM
It's Gammon, dammit! GAMMON. No "s", people!

nmt1
12-12-2005, 07:20 AM
It's Gammon, dammit! GAMMON. No "s".

Like Ryan Simms, right?

Hoover
12-12-2005, 07:22 AM
It's Gammon, dammit! GAMMON. No "s", people!
CALM THE FU@K DOWN

lol jist kidding

Kimbal Andrews

Duck Dog
12-12-2005, 07:23 AM
I fugging got it.

Pants
12-12-2005, 07:23 AM
CALM THE FU@K DOWN

lol jist kidding

Kimbal Andrews

KENDRALL GAMMONS WEWT!

Hoover
12-12-2005, 07:25 AM
I fugging got it.
hahahaha

I can't wait til my employees get in so I can take my anger out on them.

Duck Dog
12-12-2005, 07:26 AM
If you think Gammons is still long snapping perhaps you should take those guns you like to show off with and wrap your lips around one of them.

That's just a plain dumb comment.

I hate alter egos on posters. Just plain faggy and puss like.

sedated
12-12-2005, 07:43 AM
As always, I blame Kendrell "The Invisible Man" Bell.

...along with:
Grandpa (still can't manage a clock),
the defense (could we stop them on just 1 third down, please? return of the 32),
Surtain (had the game in his hands, and dropped it - good return on that $14 million)
LJ (olay),
TrINT (hold onto the f*cking football!),
Kennison (pro bowl? You're talkin about Pro Bowl?!),
Lin Tynes (still hasn't proven he's a clutch kicker),
the long snapper ('nough said),
and the refs (where was the holding call on Hicks, among others?).

It took a true team effort to blow this one.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-12-2005, 07:44 AM
game #13-playoffs involved,
lost by -3

it's early in the day

the Talking Can
12-12-2005, 07:54 AM
I blame Gunther...for droping Bell in coverage, etc..basically the whole D outside of Allen got humiliated by a QB with less mobility than Stephen Hawkings...

Saggysack
12-12-2005, 08:21 AM
I blame everybody. It's a team sport. There were many chances for several people to step up, and they didn't. The ball bounced in a bad way for the Chiefs yesterday.

Time to put it as far out of their mind. They have a short week and it isn't time to dwell on the past.

Katipan
12-12-2005, 08:22 AM
I blame the fact that I wore the same shirt that I wore for the Buffalo game. :(

Chief Henry
12-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Our Defense stunk so bad. Thery had chances to
win it for the Chiefs but choked. Surtain, work on
the {tip drill}.

On offense we had several dropped passes. Our first series we had one or two drops and One brutal pass by Green. LJ, you have to block on ALL the plays, not just some of the plays, when your not running with the rock.

Special teams...just do what you get paid for.

Coach's, more in game coaching blunders. I swear
our coaching staff pee's down they're legs in every game.

Lots of blame to go around here. The Big Tuna
out coach'ed us so bad it makes me puke.

We still had a chance to win after a 21 point turn around.

picasso
12-12-2005, 09:12 AM
A little bit on not blitzing enough. Mostly on the fact that prior to Greens fumble in the red-zone. WHY PASS? Hello!!! Use Johnson on the sweep behind Roaf. If it had been working all day. Why were they passing?

AGREED!!!!!
Getting cute, same as running a delayed reverse and giving it to Johnson of tackle for a gain of 1. WHY!!!!

ARROW2
12-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Nah, it was legit.

No, my problem with the call is it was LATE!!!!! And on the wrong player at that.... They purposely waited for the outcome and said, "Oh, hell no, the Cowboys can't lose this game....."

Scaga
12-12-2005, 09:41 AM
The defense...
We need to make one F'n play and that didn't happen.

sedated
12-12-2005, 10:06 AM
I blame the fact that I wore the same shirt that I wore for the Buffalo game. :(

I really need to get rid of the shirt I wore against Buffalo in '94.

We have had nothing but bad luck since then.

htismaqe
12-12-2005, 10:13 AM

You need to stop wearing shirts during the game, that will solve it.

angel
12-12-2005, 10:23 AM
me
I wore the wong socks

Mark M
12-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Al Saunders -- once again, the dumb**** calls a straight drop-back pass near the goalline. How about play action, you dumb****?

Gunther -- I don't think I've ever seen more chickenshit defensive playcalling from the guy. Bledsoe is about as mobile as Stephen Hawking. Blitz him, asshat.

LJ -- it's called picking up the blitzer, and is what makes a truly great RB. Ask Priest, Marcus Allen, Sweetness, et al. Oh, and for the record, Jay-Z sucks.

The long snapper -- It's football, not bowling. Now enjoy the rest of your career as an insurance salesman.

MM
~~:sulk:

sedated
12-12-2005, 10:30 AM
I blame everyone that puts pictures of beautiful asses as their avatars.

Everyone in my office thinks I got the sh!ts cause I'm running to the bathroom so often...

TRR
12-12-2005, 10:33 AM
The Defense. Anytime you go on the road, and put 28 points on the scoreboard, you should come away victorious. The Dallas offense has one of the worst O Line's in the league, and KC's D couldn't get any pressure all day. They continuously allowed long drives, and all they had to do is get one stop, one pick, one fumble recovery, one anything at the end of the 4th quarter, and they couldn't do it. They let Dallas march right down the field, convert a long 3rd down, and score a TD.

Whether KC gets into the playoffs or not...It doesn't matter. KC still doesn't have the defense to compete with good teams in the playoffs...Especially on the road without the crowd behind them. The Colts would put up 50 points on this D.

Katipan
12-12-2005, 10:49 AM
You need to stop wearing shirts during the game, that will solve it.

Endelt will never leave then.

sedated
12-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Endelt will never leave then.

Isn't that what the gun is for?

Deberg_1990
12-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Carl Peterson for drafting Sims, Freeman, Siavii and Wilson.

4th and Long
12-12-2005, 07:51 PM
I can blame Warfield, I can blame Surtain and I can blame Bell, for being unable to handle their assignments. I can blame Gunther for using the wrong schemes. I can blame Kennsion for dropping balls. I can blame L.J. for being unable to block anyone. I can blame Green for fumbling. I can blame our new long snapper. I can blame Colquit. I can blame Tines. I can blame Saunders and I can blame Dick. Heck, I can blame a lot of of other people too. We were handed several opportunities to put this game away and we failed to capitalize on them.

The bottom line is, it took a team effort in all phases of the game to lose.

JBucc
12-12-2005, 07:58 PM
I blame the chiefs for screwing up in critical situations and I blame the Cowboys for taking adavantage of them and winning the game.

Rain Man
12-12-2005, 07:59 PM
JBucc has it mostly right. I place nearly all of the blame for this loss on the Cowboys.

ChiefsFire
12-12-2005, 08:04 PM
i blame the lil shit Kball boy down on the sideline.
He sent in a crappy ball,thats why Tynes missed the friggin field goal

lil shit

big nasty kcnut
12-12-2005, 08:07 PM
I blame mike irvin

wkchief
12-12-2005, 08:10 PM
1. Surtain for missing the easy interception. The ball was tipped & should of been an easy interception. D backs and safeties should be expected to make those catches. Even without a return for TD he could of been to mid field and not TD for Dallas.

2. Tines for missing a 40 yard field goal. I don't care if the snap was bad colquitt got the ball there in decent shape.

3. Offense for 1st series. Started from midfield and go 3 and out.

Extra Point
12-12-2005, 08:12 PM
I blame the TUNA!!! He outwitted, outsmarted, and outlasted our whole coaching staff.

Notice nowadays that we don't have a sideline return, and that the front five aren't drive blocking for the wedge?

Notice that we can't contain on the D-line?

Notice that we can't seem to control the clock enough?

Notice that FATLOCK was right in today's paper?

I know you sure as s*** did!

Boyceofsummer
12-12-2005, 08:13 PM

You must really like that shirt.

Rain Man
12-12-2005, 08:16 PM
I also blame the little handicapped kid that Witten gave that touchdown ball to. Damn him and his inspiring courage!

CoMoChief
12-12-2005, 08:37 PM
This loss was a on a number of people:

Gun - for not blitzing enough against a young inexperienced line and a QB with more lead feet than Grbac.

LJ - for whiffing that block

AS/DV - for calling that passing play on 2nd n 9 while getting ready to score deep in our redzone. Give LJ the ****in ball and let him run it to run the clock down.

Pat Surtain - for not only getting beat on that shit ass flea flicker that I caught on to when the ball was hiked (blame also goes on Greg Wesley, who btw is always out of position), but also for dropping that INT that seemed like it was floating in slow motion to him. I can remember when a couple seasons ago Shanaurd Harts watched a ball come down to him, he literally reached his arms out to catch it and he let the ball fall through his hands and hit him in the head and land on the ground. I think it might have been the Cleveland game where the guy threw off his helmet at the end.

Ed Perry - obviously that was the worst snap I've ever seen at the worst possible time. Colquitt made a helluva attempt to try and get it back upright. That kick was not Tynes fault. The disruption of momentum of a kicker is vitale. We all miss Kendall Gammon and I knew that not having him might result in something bad happening on ST.

The 2003 defense - Why I say this you ask? Because it looked exactly like the defense of 2003. Kendrell Bell is a ****in joke. The guy gets beat more than Fujita, and I RARELY hear his name on any play.

DJ - for the holding call. What the hell were you thinking? You had ONE more play to stop him and you decide to commit a penalty. I dont want to hear anyone blame the refs other than the judgement they had in throwing that late in the game like that. Though it was clearly a holding penalty.

I would blame Kennison or Wilson for dropping passes, but those weren't really game changers because even though we went 3 n out, Dallas also did not score in return.

Just another example of how the Chiefs are by far the most inconsistant pro team in the history of the NFL. It really does get tiring when we have the ability to beat ANYONE in this league, but we are so ****in stupid sometimes and we end up shooting ourselves in the foot.

It also sucks that Carl Peterson is the GM/Prez.

irishjayhawk
12-12-2005, 08:49 PM
People who are saying it is the refs should shut up. Honestly, the game management at the end of the first half is a good place to start blaming. Why run the ball and then call time out? What is the effing point?

If you wanna talk about refs then bring something legit other than DJ's CLEAR holding call. IF, and I emphasize IF, I blamed the refs it would be for the lack of calls on two occasions:

a) Hicks got molested at the goalline in a critical situation right infront of the ref...hmm

b) Kendrell Bell getting pushed by Keyshawn and then Keyshawn making the catch to get the first down earlier on the drive....right infront of two refs.

But then again, it isn't the refs fault:

Pat Surtain who just had to turn his hands the other way......

Ed Perry....worst clutch snap ever

The blitzes we brought...we did bring blitzes but NOONE got there ever. Our linebackers run INTO lineman instead of over or around.

DJ - Holding call on the last play? Come on, if you can't cover that TE then get out....

AS/DV - DUMBEST CREW OF COACHES EVER...seriously.....not that we passed but at the management right before that with the time outs etc..........

LJ - whiffed the block but still got us 21 points...

Kennison and Wilson singlehandedly stopped an enormous first drive that could have changed things dramatically.

Personally, I think DV and AS were the main reason the momentum took us out of the game. I can't express just how bad they are at game management.

Chief Chief
12-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Kawika gets my vote for his disappearing act whenever Bledsoe dropped back. Dallas exploited our middle by running productive draw plays and throwing check-down passes to their RBs who gained massive YAC.

Garcia Bronco
12-12-2005, 08:52 PM
I blame the donks!!!! There outta be a law!!!

siberian khatru
12-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Ed Perry - obviously that was the worst snap I've ever seen at the worst possible time.

Nah, Trey Junkin had an uglier one for the Giants in the 2002 playoffs against SF. Last play of a wild game.

Garcia Bronco
12-12-2005, 08:54 PM
I also blame the little handicapped kid that Witten gave that touchdown ball to. Damn him and his inspiring courage!

That kid caught the pass too....****in trooper man...the kid has hands.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-12-2005, 09:00 PM
clearly Super Bowl hangover, damn you Denver!

philfree
12-12-2005, 09:08 PM
There is plenty of blame to go around but also plenty of praise for several great plays that were made that will be over looked because we lost. Instead of looking to lay the blame this week I'm gonna spend my time wondering who's gonna get the game ball next week when we come out of the Meadowlands with a win.

I guess I could blame the ball because it's a pointed ball and when it was fumbled once by each team it bounced directly into the hands of the Cowboys.

PhilFree:arrow:

NJ Chief Fan
12-12-2005, 09:27 PM
who's yours?
the kansas city chiefs

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-12-2005, 09:32 PM
I blame the Cowboys for not realizing they weren't supposed to play to win.

greg63
12-12-2005, 11:21 PM

YUP! Me too.

ClevelandChief
12-12-2005, 11:32 PM
What I dont understand is during that final Dallas drive we had them in 3rd and 8....their RB caught a 3 yard pass and didn't get touched until he was 1 yard past the first down...someone explain to me why you would have ALL THREE LB's drop back 12 yards from the LOS on a 3rd and 8 play.

luv
12-12-2005, 11:42 PM
I didn't read through all the posts. Has anyone mentioned the fumble that Trent Green had that ended up in a score for Dallas by the end of the first half? Offensive line maybe? That was a 14 point swing right there.

Rausch
12-12-2005, 11:47 PM
the kansas city chiefs

John Elway and his father, Satan...

greg63
12-13-2005, 12:11 AM
I didn't read through all the posts. Has anyone mentioned the fumble that Trent Green had that ended up in a score for Dallas by the end of the first half? Offensive line maybe? That was a 14 point swing right there.

You speak the truth luv, but it was the defense that continued to give up the lead two other times after that.

greg63
12-13-2005, 12:13 AM
John Elway and his father, Satan...

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Johnson&Johnson
12-13-2005, 01:32 AM
I heard on the radio that the Dallas O-line was massive and that they are gonna outlast our smaller D-line. I noticed it watching the game... freakin Tuna knew it. he had #11 max-protect almost the whole game.

yeah. If i had to blame..its Gunther for not able to scheme past Tuna's blocking.

Pants
12-13-2005, 03:46 AM
Yeah, you're right, except it was LJ who didn't block Fuj.

Also, Tuna knew he got f*cking lucky with the game.