PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who are still satisfied with the rush defense...

htismaqe
12-12-2005, 07:11 AM
We're giving up 4.6 yards per carry over the last 2 games, including a Dallas team that was rushing for only 3.3 ypc before facing the Chiefs.

This feels like 2003 all over again.

Hoover
12-12-2005, 07:16 AM
That why its never good to look at raw stats IMO.

And yes it does feel like 2003, I just wish we were headed to the playoffs like that year

Mecca
12-12-2005, 07:17 AM
We got owned on draws numerous times yesterday. It was quite sickening.

the Talking Can
12-12-2005, 07:49 AM
We need help at DT...I don't care how many picks we've wasted...we still need a stud there....

htismaqe
12-12-2005, 07:52 AM
We need help at DT...I don't care how many picks we've wasted...we still need a stud there....

I can't imagine spending our 1st rounder on another DT, but we're gonna have to get some help from somewhere.

Last week, I noticed a MARKED difference between Sims/Dalton and Browning/Dalton. They were running right at Browning and making him pay. Yesterday I didn't pay as close attention, but it looked to me like Dalton was getting rocked and Sims was struggling too...

Woodrow Call
12-12-2005, 07:55 AM
Watching Marion Barber gain 7-10 yards every time certainly made me flash back to 2003.

Seems like any strides that had been made have vanished over the last 2 weeks.

the Talking Can
12-12-2005, 07:55 AM
I can't imagine spending our 1st rounder on another DT, but we're gonna have to get some help from somewhere.

Last week, I noticed a MARKED difference between Sims/Dalton and Browning/Dalton. They were running right at Browning and making him pay. Yesterday I didn't pay as close attention, but it looked to me like Dalton was getting rocked and Sims was struggling too...

we have to fix it...FA or draft, but it has to happen...our past draft failures don't matter...

htismaqe
12-12-2005, 08:07 AM
we have to fix it...FA or draft, but it has to happen...our past draft failures don't matter...

I agree we have to fix it.

But our past draft failures DO matter. Our offense is BY FAR the oldest in the league. We need to address the offensive line with draft picks in a big, bad way...

Saulbadguy
12-12-2005, 08:07 AM
Offense getting better at the right time of year...Defense getting worse, at the wrong time of year.

the Talking Can
12-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Offense getting better at the right time of year...Defense getting worse, at the wrong time of year.

I feel like I've seen this movie before.

Woodrow Call
12-12-2005, 08:12 AM
I feel like I've seen this movie before.

Yep, and the ending sucks

Claynus
12-13-2005, 03:23 AM
It's pretty disgusting. I saw warning signs back in Week 9 when Lamont Jordan got 93 yards on 19 carries.

We are just weak at DT. Any good free agents available this year or more crap (Dalton).