PDA

View Full Version : We don't HAVE to run the table.....

ARROW2
12-12-2005, 08:43 AM
If Pitt. Loses to Minnesota and SD loses to Indy, all we have to do is beat NY and SD and we clinch playoff spot. Look it up. At that point, we would be 10-5, Pitt is 9-6, and SD is 8-7. The last game becomes meaningless if Denver doesn't lose to Buffalo. Saturday is key, otherwise we would HAVE to win the last two at home to get in....

htismaqe
12-12-2005, 08:55 AM
It's a good thing we don't HAVE to run the table, because we WON'T run the table.

Warrior5
12-12-2005, 09:01 AM
If Pitt. Loses to Minnesota and SD loses to Indy, all we have to do is beat NY and SD and we clinch playoff spot.

I think Pitt and SD will lose; that ain't the issue. Do you realize how tough it's going to be for the Chiefs to win in NY? I really hope they upset the Gnats, but it's gonna take something special to make it happen. Some stats to chew on:

KC Score O 25 ppg (6) vs NY Score D 19 ppg (11)
KC Rush O 142 ypg (4) vs NY Rush D 99 ypg (8)
KC Pass O 239 ypg (7) vs NY Pass D 222 ypg (26)

NY Score O 27 ppg (5) vs KC Score D 22 ppg (24)
NY Rush O 129 ypg (8) vs KC Rush D 95 ypg (6)
NY Pass O 229 ypg (10) vs KC Pass D 248 ypg (30)

NY Homefield

Gnat Loss to Vikes 24-21:
Pass O 291 yds, 1 TD, 4 INTs, 1.5 sacks
Rush O 114 yds, 1 TD

Gnat Loss to Seahawks 24-21 OT:
Pass O 344 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 1 sack
Rush O 151 yds

Key Giant injuries:
DT Joseph elbow (D), MLB Pierce calf (Q), SS Williams hamstring (D)

Key Chiefs injuries:
DC Cunningham throat obstruction (P)

donkhater
12-12-2005, 09:06 AM
They don't have to win at NY. If PIT and SD lose next week, KC has to go 2-1 with one of those wins vs. SD.

And should Denver clinch the #2 seed prior to the KC/CIN game, it is very likely that KC won't face a full Bengals squad that last week..

ARROW2
12-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Oh, I realize how tough it will be, just stating the facts.............Did I predict a win? Just wondering where that comment came from or how it is relevant to what needs to be done to clinch before game 16.....

Warrior5
12-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Oh, I realize how tough it will be, just stating the facts.............Did I predict a win? Just wondering where that comment came from or how it is relevant to what needs to be done to clinch before game 16.....

Didn't mean to sound harsh. Your thread starter stated "...all we have to do is beat NY and SD..."; I interpreted it as a "no problem" attitude.

Guess after watching our 2003 D reappear yesterday, I don't have a lot of confidence for next Saturday.

I'll be better by Wednesday; I promise.

Rain Man
12-12-2005, 09:18 AM
I think we'll win as many games as it takes to barely, barely miss the playoffs.

BigRedChief
12-12-2005, 09:20 AM
We win out we are in the playoffs.

We beat SD and either the Giants or Cincy and Pitt loses one game we are in the playoffs.

vailpass
12-12-2005, 09:23 AM
I think Pitt and SD will lose; that ain't the issue. Do you realize how tough it's going to be for the Chiefs to win in NY? I really hope they upset the Gnats, but it's gonna take something special to make it happen. Some stats to chew on:

Key Chiefs injuries:
DC Cunningham throat obstruction (P)

ROFL Good to see a sense of humor after a tough loss.

Warrior5
12-12-2005, 09:27 AM
I think we'll win as many games as it takes to barely, barely miss the playoffs.

Now you've done it! Just watch; not only will it come down to one final game, it will be one of these:

1. a last second, 4th and goal sack on Green when we're down by 6.

2. a last second, short FG attempt by Tynes when we're down by 2.

3. an OT, Janikowski-esque FG by the opponent.

You suck, Rainman.

Rain Man
12-12-2005, 09:34 AM
Now you've done it! Just watch; not only will it come down to one final game, it will be one of these:

1. a last second, 4th and goal sack on Green when we're down by 6.

2. a last second, short FG attempt by Tynes when we're down by 2.

3. an OT, Janikowski-esque FG by the opponent.

You suck, Rainman.

Hey, I'm not the one who brought the wrath of god down onto this team. At least, I hope I'm not the one. I can't think of anything I would've done to .... well, surely not that. That was years ago.

Woodrow Call
12-12-2005, 09:36 AM

I agree 100%. I think the Chiefs lose to the Giants, beat SD, and choke it all away against the Bengals.

Warrior5
12-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Hey, I'm not the one who brought the wrath of god down onto this team. At least, I hope I'm not the one. I can't think of anything I would've done to .... well, surely not that. That was years ago.

Listen Neo, you ARE the one. If #1, 2, or 3 happens, I'm telling Gun.

siberian khatru
12-12-2005, 09:48 AM
I agree 100%. I think the Chiefs lose to the Giants, beat SD, and choke it all away against the Bengals.

Jon Kitna will pass for 330 yards and beat us 35-31.

chief118
12-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Man where the f*** is all the CHIEFS fans. WE can do it. OUR offense is NO.1. The passing D is kinde of suspect, BUT WE are the only team that has big offense that can beat indy fag colts. We will make the playoffs. It isn't the football gods. We just need to have FAITH in OUR TEAM. F*** DAL,SD, NY,CIN. We can Beat all of those teams. we just got caught up. we will BOUNCE BACK. TRUST ME there is not one team out there that wants us to make the playoffs cause they r SCARED to FACE us. OUR D is going to be OK. HAVE FAITH CHIEF BROTHERS!

vailpass
12-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Man where the f*** is all the CHIEFS fans. WE can do it. OUR offense is NO.1. The passing D is kinde of suspect, BUT WE are the only team that has big offense that can beat indy Rump Ranger colts. We will make the playoffs. It isn't the football gods. We just need to have FAITH in OUR TEAM. F*** DAL,SD, NY,CIN. We can Beat all of those teams. we just got caught up. we will BOUNCE BACK. TRUST ME there is not one team out there that wants us to make the playoffs cause they r SCARED to FACE us. OUR D is going to be OK. HAVE FAITH CHIEF BROTHERS!

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??
Hell no!"