PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State University names football coaching finalists

JimNasium
12-12-2005, 04:24 PM
For the record, I already know that MSU sucks at football. I also know that most of you don't care what the university formerly known as SMS does with its football program. But....does anyone know anything about any of the finalists named below?

Link (http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051212/BREAKING02/51212007)

MSU names football coaching finalists

2005, Springfield News-Leader

Missouri State athletic director Bill Rowe announced today that four finalists for the vacant head football coaching position will visit Springfield for interviews this week.

The four are:

Terry Allen, associate head coach at Iowa State and a former head coach at Northern Iowa.

Andy Hill, wide receivers coach at Missouri University.

DeAndre Smith, a former MSU all-America quarterback who's running-game coordinator at Miami (Ohio) University.

Mitch Ware, an ex-MSU quarterback and also a former assistant at MSU. Ware has been offensive coordinator at Georgia Southern the last four years.

Rowe said a new coach should be named on or before Dec. 20.

Saulbadguy
12-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Terry Allen, LOL!

JimNasium
12-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Terry Allen, LOL!
Okay, this is sooooo not helpful. :cuss:

Saulbadguy
12-12-2005, 04:27 PM
He is awful. He got fired from KU.

|Zach|
12-12-2005, 04:28 PM
No Herm Edwards?

JimNasium
12-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Well, when your program is as awful as MSU's has been I guess you can't afford to be picky. :shake:

Pitt Gorilla
12-12-2005, 04:41 PM
I think Hill is a decent recruiter.

Ralphy Boy
12-12-2005, 04:44 PM

He also was great at Northern Iowa and knows the gateway conference very well.

The Red Death
12-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Yes, Allen had a lot of success at UNI. If MSU hired him there would be plenty of Panther fans that would be unhappy.

As luck would have it, I work with DeAndre Smith's sister. DeAndre is basically the best player in MSU football history. He was QB the two years the Bears have been in the playoffs. The caption mentions that he is coaching at Miami, but he was also a coach at Northern Illinois a couple years ago when they were nationally ranked.

The articles I have seen seem to indicate Allen is the favorite, but other D-IAA schools have had success hiring younger coaches with less experience. We'll see which direction MSU goes.

MOhillbilly
12-13-2005, 08:13 AM
Allen is what all the local guys are picking.

MSU wont spend money on a HC that brings in talent esp. after R.Ball tanked.

Id like to see some triple option again - so Ware is my pick.

but mostly for sentimental value.

ChiefsCountry
12-13-2005, 09:48 AM
I'll post more on this later.