PDA

View Full Version : Today on NFLRadio...

dtebbe
12-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Two hosts agreed that KC was the only team out there right now that could "give the Colts a run for thier money".

I've been thinking that, just because I think our offense is the only one who can keep up with them, and I'm still not sold on the Seachokes.

The funny thing is, 5 minutes later they both picked the Giants to win this weekend.... WTF? Maybe broadcast fatigue was kicking in, those guys on Sirius do some long ass shows.

DT

tk13
12-12-2005, 10:21 PM
I've been saying that since the beginning of the year. I totally agree. In fact, I think we match up with them better in a playoff game than going to Denver. Larry Johnson would destroy them... he's the perfect back to tear them up, he can run with all of their speed, and he's got more power. That'd open up playaction with Tony Gonzalez going through their zone. The key would be Gun getting enough pressure to knock Manning around like last year. We do a good job of containing those stretch-type running plays. Kawika's good at that. I think we might match up better with the Colts than the Giants.

milkman
12-12-2005, 10:39 PM
I've been saying that since the beginning of the year. I totally agree. In fact, I think we match up with them better in a playoff game than going to Denver. Larry Johnson would destroy them... he's the perfect back to tear them up, he can run with all of their speed, and he's got more power. That'd open up playaction with Tony Gonzalez going through their zone. The key would be Gun getting enough pressure to knock Manning around like last year. We do a good job of containing those stretch-type running plays. Kawika's good at that. I think we might match up better with the Colts than the Giants.

I would agree with all of this, except for one small problem.

This team just seems to crap it's pants whenever they travel.

Deberg_1990
12-12-2005, 11:29 PM

Sure, im sure LJ could roll up big time yardage against them, but id guess in the end our defense would let us down again. Im thinking Cinci or the Pats are the only playoff teams that could beat the Colts. Id love to see Bellicheck devise another gameplan to get into Mannings head again.

Guru
12-13-2005, 01:11 AM
It would all come down to how many times we can force the Colts to punt. Similar to our last playoff game with them. We will punt. But will they?

Dunit35
12-13-2005, 01:39 AM
I agree about this, I think if we can put up 28-35 points we can beat them. But in their house, in a dome that might be a problem. Force pressure and hopefully he will choke like he usually does in the playoffs.

tk13
12-13-2005, 02:04 AM
I would agree with all of this, except for one small problem.

This team just seems to crap it's pants whenever they travel.
We haven't played great on the road, although we've had a couple tough losses. Really our toughest road trip might have been that Miami game and we won that one... short week, right before a hurricane on short notice, and we dominated them. It is tough to go on the road and win... although if we could pull one out this weekend we'd finish 4-4 on the road. That's not terrible. There are only 10 teams in the league with a winning road record... and 10 teams that have won 1 road game or less.

That's actually looking like a pretty good win now. If we dropped that Miami game we're out of the playoff race, and Miami is right in the thick of it at 7-6... they'd had wins over us and the Chargers, and the same # of conference losses at Pittsburgh, they'd be a legit 6 seed contender, if not a chance at the AFCE.

Johnson&Johnson
12-13-2005, 02:26 AM

Yeah yeah! Payback time for what Harbaugh and the 95 Colts did to us. We should sneak into the playoff and hope to make it past week 1 and go visit those damn colts and pummel them with LJ!

Count Alex's Losses
12-13-2005, 05:07 AM
We are weak at tight end. The Colts would destroy us.

Guru
12-13-2005, 05:11 AM
The way we run our offense right now, we are weak at TE. We have to waste his talents by making him block too much.

MichaelH
12-13-2005, 05:52 AM
Two hosts agreed that KC was the only team out there right now that could "give the Colts a run for thier money".

I've been thinking that, just because I think our offense is the only one who can keep up with them, and I'm still not sold on the Seachokes.

The funny thing is, 5 minutes later they both picked the Giants to win this weekend.... WTF? Maybe broadcast fatigue was kicking in, those guys on Sirius do some long ass shows.

DT

I somewhat agree to this. It all depends which Chiefs team shows up. The team that manhandled the Broncos and the Pats or the team that scored 3 points in Buffalo. Also, it would rely on Manning only throwing for 350 yards and 3 TD's against our career day defense. The way they played against Dallas, Peyton would throw for 500 yards and 5 TD's easy. There's no way the 2005 Chiefs could stay with them.

siberian khatru
12-13-2005, 06:57 AM
We are weak at tight end. The Colts would destroy us.

Heh-heh. I got it.