PDA

View Full Version : Can someone clarify this please.

ClevelandChief
12-13-2005, 12:13 AM
I can understand how SD is ahead of us in the playoff picture, but can someone please explain how Pittsburgh is ahead of us with a worse conference record? I was led to believe that if 2 teams didn't meet in the regular season, finished with the same record and one had the better conference record that the one with the better interconference record would have the higher seed. Or is it because they beat SD and we didn't? If so then what happens when we beat SD in KC in 2 weeks?

cdcox
12-13-2005, 12:57 AM
If it is a two team tie between KC and Pitt, KC is ahead.

If it is a two team tie between KC and SD, SD is ahead.

If it is a two team tie between Pitt and SD, Pitt is ahead.

If it is a 3-way tie between KC - SD - Pitt, then you first have to break the division tie between KC and SD. SD wins. They then go to the WC tie with Pittsburg, and Pitt wins.

RINGLEADER
12-13-2005, 01:00 AM
All of which will be rendered moot when we beat San Diego at Arrowhead.

Fact is if the Chiefs win out they're in.

I thought they'd lose to the Giants but the loss at Dallas makes that an important (though not yet critical) win. We can still lose in New York and make the playoffs if we win our last two home games and Pittsburgh loses one of their remaining three (the most likely loss to come this week in Minnesota).

cdcox
12-13-2005, 01:01 AM
All of which will be rendered moot when we beat San Diego at Arrowhead.

Fact is if the Chiefs win out they're in.

I thought they'd lose to the Giants but the loss at Dallas makes that an important (though not yet critical) win. We can still lose in New York and make the playoffs if we win our last two home games and Pittsburgh loses one of their remaining three (the most likely loss to come this week in Minnesota).

In the losing to the Giants senario, SD also has to lose to either Denver or Indy, in addition to losing to us.