PDA

View Full Version : Here are the requested replays...

Count Zarth
12-13-2005, 05:13 AM
Here's the botched field goal attempt. Clearly an awful snap. Just brutal.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9869/shank2rp.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Despite the bad snap, Colquitt got it down perfectly.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6427/hold12021768na.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Then for whatever reason, he let the ball lean toward the right just a little.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1618/hold22073oa.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

And here's Fujita's sack and FF. LJ clearly whiffs, big time.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8420/ole2ez.gif (http://imageshack.us)

mikey23545
12-13-2005, 05:44 AM
And as usual, "Pocket Presence" Trent completely overlooks Fujita bearing down on him even though he's facing in Fujita's direction...

Bob Dole
12-13-2005, 05:49 AM
And as usual, "Pocket Presence" Trent completely overlooks Fujita bearing down on him even though he's facing in Fujita's direction...

Um...okay. :shake:

Count Zarth
12-13-2005, 05:56 AM

What? Trent was looking at Tony Gonzalez, who looked to be open for a TD, BTW.

mikey23545
12-13-2005, 06:01 AM
Look, I'm not trying to pin the blame for that play on Trent, but it is a fact some QBs are better at sensing pressure than others...And Trent is always among the worst. Fujita takes at least 3 steps towards Green, right out in the open, with Green facing that direction, and there is no periperal vision at work at all...I mean Green is absolutely oblivious to his approach...

Again, if LJ makes a chip block, it is all a moot point.

Count Zarth
12-13-2005, 06:02 AM
I didn't see Trent look in Fuji's direction whatsoever...

The fact of the matter is, Trent didn't look that way because he was expecting LJ to block the guy, or at least tackle him...

Mecca
12-13-2005, 06:04 AM

The fact of the matter is, Trent didn't look that way because he was expecting LJ to block the guy, or at least tackle him...

I think he's trying to make the point that Green should see him because he's not coming from the blind side.

mikey23545
12-13-2005, 06:06 AM
I didn't say he looked directly at him. Have you ever heard of peripheral vision? Ever heard of sensing pressure?

mikey23545
12-13-2005, 06:07 AM
I think he's trying to make the point that Green should see him because he's not coming from the blind side.

Thank you. Gochiefs seems particularly dense this morning.

RedDread
12-13-2005, 06:07 AM
Amazingly your peripheral vision isn't as good when you have a helmet on.

If the pass play had been designed to throw to the right side of the end zone Green would have seen the rush and at least covered up the ball.

Count Zarth
12-13-2005, 06:08 AM
If the pass play had been designed to throw to the right side of the end zone Green would have seen the rush and at least covered up the ball.

Bingo.

Mikey23545 seems particularly dense this morning.

Mecca
12-13-2005, 06:12 AM
I have nothing against Trent Green, but he does lack ability to sense rushers and also he doesn't protect the ball that well.

A QB should be able to notice a rusher when he's not coming from the blindside. I don't think anyone would bring it up but this isn't the first time something like this has happened this year.

mikey23545
12-13-2005, 06:12 AM
Unless Green's cone of vision is only about 90 degrees, he should have seen the LB...He was particularly dense on that play, along with any idiots who think you can't see a 6'5" LB coming right at you when you are facing his direction.

Mecca
12-13-2005, 06:23 AM
Unless Green's cone of vision is only about 90 degrees, he should have seen the LB...He was particularly dense on that play, along with any idiots who think you can't see a 6'5" LB coming right at you when you are facing his direction.

You'll get no arguement from me, I fully agree with this. I also get really annoyed that he seems to fumble frequently.

I just don't really get why no one wants to say that Trent messed up. A QB should be able to see a rusher from his front side every single time. If there is a free blitzer you want it from that side so the QB can atleast see it coming.

It seems like alot of time on here if Trent messes up it's automatically someone elses fault. I can't count the number of times I've seen Trent make a mistake and see the posts about how Al Saunders is a moron because of it.

Sometimes on here it's like Green can do no wrong and it's always someone elses fault.

RedDread
12-13-2005, 06:26 AM
Trent fumbled because he was having flash backs to earlier in the season when his HB could stop a blitzer.

ChiefsFan4Life
12-13-2005, 06:35 AM
Wow, sounds like a bunch of Dick Vermeil clones in this thread making all sorts of excuses for Trent Green. He has some of the worst pocket presence. I refuse to believe he had NO IDEA Fuji was headed his direction.

Amnorix
12-13-2005, 06:36 AM
I see no justification at all to pinning this on Green. QBs aren't trained to expect to be hit within 2 seconds of the snap because the HB totally whiffed on the block.

Second, regardless of what direction Green was facing with his body, it's clear from the image that he was LOOKING to his left. Also, LJ's feeble at effort redirected the rushing LB to an angle that was more from Green's side/back.

I won't comment on Green's overall pocket presence / awareness, but to pin this one on Green? :shake:

jidar
12-13-2005, 06:39 AM
You guys are retarded. For at least the last few years Trent Green has been known for having great pocket pressence. He's not much outside of the pocket, but inside of it he's really good at moving with the pocket and getting away from defenders. He missed on that one obviously but he was looking to the left and was completely blindsided. Also, most of the time, QBs who sense the pressure do so because they know they've taken too long in the pocket, you don't start looking for the pass rush 1.5 seconds into the play.
It's ignorant as hell to blame that on Green.

I also like that Gochiefs avatar is Jake Plummer, a QB known for his scrambling, taking exactly the same sack in exactly the same stance and circumstance.

I'm sure you guys would have done better though.

Pants
12-13-2005, 06:41 AM
I refuse to believe he had NO IDEA Fuji was headed his direction.

Yeah, he WANTED to get blindsided by a f*cking beast and lose the ball, I agree. Wow, dude, are you serioulsy that retarded?

Gochiefs, this is asking a lot, but can you find some clips of him dodging blitzers and then making complete passes?

jidar
12-13-2005, 06:42 AM
Wow, sounds like a bunch of Dick Vermeil clones in this thread making all sorts of excuses for Trent Green. He has some of the worst pocket presence. I refuse to believe he had NO IDEA Fuji was headed his direction.

Where in the hell is this bullshit coming from? Trent Green is known for not being a runner, that's not that same as having bad pocket presence. For every time I've seen him take a sack without moving I've seen him dodge guys at least 10 times.
This is total bullshit. You guys have no idea what you're talking about at all.

bkkcoh
12-13-2005, 06:44 AM

Yeah, a holding call to allow Trent to get rid of the ball just a bit sooner.

:banghead:

Count Zarth
12-13-2005, 06:48 AM
Look at this awful pocket awareness:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3264/parker12ydcatch2yc.gif (http://imageshack.us)

HMc
12-13-2005, 06:52 AM

Yeah he knew all about it, naturally. He just decided to take the hit without bracing himself or protecting the ball in any way at all. Sure, makes plenty of sense.

HMc
12-13-2005, 06:59 AM
On another note, doesn't look to me like Tynes had to stall then start again because of the snap. I'm sure it didn't do him any favuors mentally, but colquitt got it down there pretty quickly given the atrocious service. Then again he did change the position of the ball at the last moment, which you can actually see in the animated version, if you look closely. He did a pretty good job to get it on the deck at all though, so you can't blame hime.

Count Zarth
12-13-2005, 07:07 AM
Don't have the replay, but Dick just said that on the 4th and goal where DJ was holding Witten, one of the Cowboys guards was holding a D-lineman as well.

He also said he could make a highlight film of Tony Gonzalez getting raped every week. ROFL

He actually said "raped." ROFL

Pants
12-13-2005, 07:11 AM
Don't have the replay, but Dick just said that on the 4th and goal where DJ was holding Witten, one of the Cowboys guards was holding a D-lineman as well.

He also said he could make a highlight film of Tony Gonzalez getting raped every week. ROFL

He actually said "raped." ROFL

Hahahaha, awesome.

donkhater
12-13-2005, 07:20 AM
The only problem I've ever had with Trent is that he holds on to the ball WAY longer than he needs to and takes big unnecessary sacks.

Sometimes this results in extending the play where people fawn over his courage and determination, but a lot of the time it results in an ugly sack and occasional fumble.

I have no problem if the the rush is too quick to get the ball away that he takes a sack or that he didn't even see it coming. It's the times where he is in the pocket for 4-6 seconds, can't find a receiver and gets sacked (with or without a fumble).

The next time Green throws the ball away will be the first time.

It's been a maddening habit to watch over the last 5 years, made even more so becuase he such a tough, good leader and a likeable guy to boot.

donkhater
12-13-2005, 07:26 AM
I'll also say this:

Whitlock is full of sh!t. Yes LJ whiffed on the block and was a big reason KC lost, but it sure doesn't look like he isn't giving effort.

PastorMikH
12-13-2005, 07:34 AM
OK, on the Kick, why is the ball pretty much straight up in the first pic of Colquite and leaning right just before tynes kicks it? I'd say that any kicker would have trouble with a 40+ yarder with a hold like that.

On LJ's missed block. Looks like he put his head down in the block and since he couldn't see Fuji anymore, he missed him.

Count Zarth
12-13-2005, 07:37 AM
OK, on the Kick, why is the ball pretty much straight up in the first pic of Colquite and leaning right just before tynes kicks it?

I don't know. For whatever reason, Colquitt canted the ball just a wee bit more toward himself before Tynes hit the ball.

It wasn't clear to me at the stadium how close this kick was to being good, either.

So close....

Chief Henry
12-13-2005, 07:44 AM
Scott Fujita should have been wearing a dam Chiefs uniform....dammit Carl

Pants
12-13-2005, 07:44 AM
I don't know. For whatever reason, Colquitt canted the ball just a wee bit more toward himself before Tynes hit the ball.

It wasn't clear to me at the stadium how close this kick was to being good, either.

So close....

Yeah, I said in one of the threads that I was amazed at how close it was considering the snap.

Count Zarth
12-13-2005, 07:46 AM
Scott Fujita should have been wearing a dam Chiefs uniform....dammit Carl

Fujita wanted to be traded.

BigRedChief
12-13-2005, 07:53 AM
And here's Fujita's sack and FF. LJ clearly whiffs, big time.
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8420/ole2ez.gif</a>

DV and Gunny were talking about that maybe because he had blitized against LJ proabably hunfreds of times in practice that he knew of some tendency of LJ and exploited it. He does look like he's making him go low and then just steps away from the block.

Count Zarth
12-13-2005, 07:56 AM
What bothers me is a little is this.

1. It wasn't a play-action pass.

2. If it wasn't a play-action pass, why was LJ even in the game?

The Chiefs have consistently been using T-Rich on dropback passing plays.

I could post a few replays of GOOD LJ blocking if anyone cares.

Pants
12-13-2005, 07:57 AM
DV and Gunny were talking about that maybe because he had blitized against LJ proabably hunfreds of times in practice that he knew of some tendency of LJ and exploited it. He does look like he's making him go low and then just steps away from the block.
Looks to me like LJ was expecting Fuj to pull a move on him and thought he could just get him right as he tried to juke. Instead, Fuj just nonchalantly keeps running at the same pace, and LJ misses an easy block since he already commited.

EDIT: Actually, never mind, looks like LJ just slid forward when he tried to stop.

el borracho
12-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Can anyone complaining about Green's pocket presence and awareness look at gochiefs avatar and tell me the difference between that sack (Plummer) and the sack in the thread starter (Green). They look the same to me. I think your expectations are just not realistic. Sometimes even good blockers miss a block. Sometimes a quarterback fails to see a defender. Sometimes the defense just makes the play.

Brock
12-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Tynes' plant foot slipped. That is all.

BigMeatballDave
12-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Sometimes on here it's like Green can do no wrong and it's always someone elses fault.Blame Sundays loss on the D. I know that turnover led to 7, but the _efense failed to hold any leads. Most importantly in cruchtime when it mattered most...