PDA

View Full Version : Is there any cheating in the nfl?

13and3
12-13-2005, 06:27 PM
One would tend to think with the way the world is now a days, that there is always that chance of decption and trickery involved underneath every thing we take a face value for truth; politics, greed and goverment; medicine, cure or treatment; taxes, necessicity, and burden, What about the officials? Doesnt it always seem as if the chiefs always get the most inoppurtune call at the most opprutune time to sway crucial close betting ball games one way or the other. People always say bad calls or missed calls cant decide a ball game, BULLFECES! Thats why we have instant replay, to catch some mistakes.

I just find it hard to believe in footballs long existence no ref has ever shaved points to enhace or dehance a line in las vegas. They dont make very much money, and almost everyone has a price.

13and3
12-13-2005, 06:32 PM
One would tend to think with the way the world is now a days, that there is always that chance of decption and trickery involved underneath every thing we take a face value or truth; politics, greed and goverment; medicine, cure or treatment; taxes, necessicity, and burden, What about the officials? Doesnt it always seem as if the chiefs always get the most inoppurtune call at the most opprutune time to sway crucial close betting ball games one way or the other. People always say bad calls or missed calls cant decide a ball game, BULLFECES! Thats why we have instant replay, to catch some mistakes.

I just find it hard to believe in footballs long existence no ref has ever shaved points to enhace or dehance a line in las vegas. They dont make very much money, and almost everyone has a price.

One more consipracy theory, is it possible to pickup play calls going into the qbs, and mlbs headset. With all the technology out there i cant believe that it is not. And if so, didnt Peyton Manning uncanny ability to know every defense the Cbiefs lined up in in the playoffs 3 years ago seem a little supicious. He is Smart i know, but is he really that smart.

Signed,
A Independent thinker

Rain Man
12-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Have you ever seen a Broncos game?

siberian khatru
12-13-2005, 06:35 PM
http://www.ricesigns.com/pictures/denver.jpg

SPchief
12-13-2005, 06:42 PM
just ask the broncos

JimNasium
12-13-2005, 06:44 PM
Two words......Denver Broncos.

13and3
12-13-2005, 06:44 PM
i dont get it, am i missing something?

leviw
12-13-2005, 06:45 PM

The Broncos are cheaters.

JimNasium
12-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Yes.

carlos3652
12-13-2005, 06:51 PM
n00b [/quote=Skip]

13and3
12-13-2005, 06:51 PM
The Broncos are cheaters.

Well thats news. But what about refs, stolen playbooks, soliciting current or preivious opponents players for info, or swithching on some gear to eavesdrop the other team from across the field. These teams are desperate, isnt it conciveveable, or is tabboo to question the integrity of the game?

JimNasium
12-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Well thats news. But what about refs, stolen playbooks, soliciting current or preivious opponents players for info, or swithching on some gear to eavesdrop the other team from across the field. These teams are desperate, isnt conciveveable, or is tabboo to question the integrity of the game?
You forgot vaseline covered jerseys and salary cap violations.

leviw
12-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Well thats news. But what about refs, stolen playbooks, soliciting current or preivious opponents players for info, or swithching on some gear to eavesdrop the other team from across the field. These teams are desperate, isnt conciveveable, or is tabboo to question the integrity of the game?

A first year NFL ref makes $240,000 a year. If that's not very much money to you, congrats on your career.

Last I knew, MLBs don't have headsets. They get signals from the sideline. Gun+headset+Kawika=Head explosion.

Peyton's uncanny ability to break a part our defense in '03 was a direct result of the uncanny lack of defensive talent and inept defensive cooridnator the Chiefs fielded that game.

Nzoner
12-13-2005, 07:10 PM
If you can find a copy I'd suggest reading a book called Interference by Dan Moldea.Here's a couple of comments about it.

INTERFERENCE:
How Organized Crime Influences Professional Football
Copyright © 1989 by Dan E. Moldea
Hardback publisher: William Morrow & Company
512 pages
Editor: Lisa Drew
Literary agent: Ronald Goldfarb
Found at Bibliofind.com

"The best book on the NFL's connection to the mob and the American gambling scene was Dan Moldea's groundbreaking Interference. Moldea tore apart the league's papier-mache image and illustrated that, without gamblers, it would have remained on the sandlots." -- John L. Smith, Las Vegas Review-Journal

"Moldea has written perhaps the most important sports book in the history of the language." -- Keith Olbermann, ESPN SportsCenter.

CoMoChief
12-13-2005, 07:13 PM
One would tend to think with the way the world is now a days, that there is always that chance of decption and trickery involved underneath every thing we take a face value or truth; politics, greed and goverment; medicine, cure or treatment; taxes, necessicity, and burden, What about the officials? Doesnt it always seem as if the chiefs always get the most inoppurtune call at the most opprutune time to sway crucial close betting ball games one way or the other. People always say bad calls or missed calls cant decide a ball game, BULLFECES! Thats why we have instant replay, to catch some mistakes.

One more consipracy theory, is it possible to pickup play calls going into the qbs, and mlbs headset. With all the technology out there i cant believe that it is not. And if so, didnt Peyton Manning uncanny ability to know every defense the Cbiefs lined up in in the playoffs 3 years ago seem a little supicious. He is Smart i know, but is he really that smart.

Signed,
A Independent thinker

Your avatar (Williams sister) has to have the biggest ass in the United States.

Frankie
12-13-2005, 07:22 PM
In case nobody has mentioned it, I'll say it:

Denver Broncos

chiefsfaninNC
12-13-2005, 07:22 PM
You forgot vaseline covered jerseys and salary cap violations.

You forgot holding, chop blocks, clipping.

whoarethechefs?
12-13-2005, 07:26 PM
lets just ask dante "13 blocks in the back" hall about cheating....

whoarethechefs?
12-13-2005, 07:27 PM
you guys are pathetic

chiefsfaninNC
12-13-2005, 07:33 PM
De ja vu?

SPchief
12-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Uhh, you feelling alright??

alanm
12-13-2005, 07:34 PM
you guys are pathetic
You don't believe us?? Just google "cheating + NFL" and it comes back with a bunch of Bronco links. ROFL ROFL :p

Perry1977
12-14-2005, 08:19 AM
You don't believe us?? Just google "cheating + NFL" and it comes back with a bunch of Bronco links. ROFL ROFL :p

No it doesn't.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=cheating+NFL&btnG=Search

Goapics1
12-14-2005, 08:27 AM
I would like to slap it.

Dartgod
12-14-2005, 08:29 AM
No it doesn't.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=cheating+NFL&btnG=Search
Sure it does...

chagrin
12-14-2005, 08:38 AM
Is there cheating in the nfl?

Is a pig's ass pork?

whoarethechefs?
12-14-2005, 08:51 AM
if you google "crying+missing playoffs", you will get a bunch of chef links.....AAAAAAHAHAHA

King_Chief_Fan
12-14-2005, 08:59 AM
you guys are pathetic

then why are you here....we got along fine before you. We will get along fine without you.........see you troll.

vailpass
12-14-2005, 09:02 AM
I would like to slap it.

Ick. You can have that buffalo butt; none for me thanks.

Inspector
12-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Why no, no there is no cheating in the NFL.

None. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

What would make you think that?

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-14-2005, 11:12 AM

She's a dude.

DHallblows
12-15-2005, 09:54 PM
lets just ask dante "13 blocks in the back" hall about cheating....

Absolutely. Remember that amazing return he had against the Broncos? You know, he started running right, stopped, turned around and went the other way (the whole time being on about the three yard line) and then going the length of the field to score the TD that helped propel the chiefs to victory...that one.

Yeah, there were at least two illegal blocks in the back (taking out three Broncos) that aided his return. And by aided, I mean MADE the return. Hall is terrible, thereís a reason he is your third or fourth string WR...on a team where Eddie Kennison is the starter...man heís bad.

alanm
12-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Absolutely. Remember that amazing return he had against the Broncos? You know, he started running right, stopped, turned around and went the other way (the whole time being on about the three yard line) and then going the length of the field to score the TD that helped propel the chiefs to victory...that one.

Yeah, there were at least two illegal blocks in the back (taking out three Broncos) that aided his return. And by aided, I mean MADE the return. Hall is terrible, there?s a reason he is your third or fourth string WR...on a team where Eddie Kennison is the starter...man he?s bad.

?Yeah that's right, Both of them were terrible to scorch Bailey.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

DHallblows
12-15-2005, 10:06 PM
By the way, Dartgod. Good job Googling "Denver Broncos", deleting that from the search bar, and typing "cheating NFL" That was clever...retard.

then why are you here....we got along fine before you. We will get along fine without you.........see you troll.

I can't agree more...what a jackass, coming in here and pointing out all the flaws in your guys' arguments. (hopefully you saw the sarcasm in that). Yeah, you would get along fine bashing the Broncos in your safe little forum without anyone to defend them or tell you that you are idiots.

DHallblows
12-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Speaking of scorching...how about that win against you guys on Monday Night Football?

Oh, btw, you forgot to comment on the blocks in the back...I'm sure it was an accident.

Frankie
12-15-2005, 10:23 PM
By the way, Dartgod. Good job Googling "Denver Broncos", deleting that from the search bar, and typing "cheating NFL" That was clever...retard.
Who is this genius?

Hey Sherlock, we all know what he did. You don't need to educate us. But you don't get it. He was playing with you. You've been officially suckered!

DHallblows
12-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Believe it or not, I knew that too, but thanks for educating me. Sorry the sarcasm didn't come through in the post. I'll try to cut down on it so no one is confused.

DHALLBOLWS2
12-16-2005, 04:11 PM

Yeah, there were at least two illegal blocks in the back (taking out three Broncos) that aided his return. And by aided, I mean MADE the return. Hall is terrible, thereís a reason he is your third or fourth string WR...on a team where Eddie Kennison is the starter...man heís bad.

IF you all are complaining about the Broncos cheating OPEN your fkn EYES!!!!!!!!! chiefs chop block, hold, block in the back. don even talk like that! CHIEFS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X A BILLION!!!!!

Simply Red
12-16-2005, 04:27 PM
if you google "crying+missing playoffs", you will get a bunch of chef links.....AAAAAAHAHAHA

Orange + Blue = PUKE GREEN.

whoarethechefs?
12-16-2005, 04:50 PM
red+yellow=ketchup + mustard

Hydrae
12-16-2005, 05:13 PM

So the question is, was it called that way intentionally to throw the bet in one direction or the other?

At no point was the question whether a single play was called properly by the rules but whether there are blatant attempts to slant the rules for an advantage (see vaseline on linemen's uniforms).

sedated
12-16-2005, 05:27 PM
...on a team where Eddie Kennison is the starter...man heís bad.

yeah a possible pro-bowler as our No1? so pathetic. :shake:

and who has the No1 offense in the NFL? so pathetic :shake:

I wanna shit on your face, donkie scum

Have fun getting your asses kicked by the Colts for the 12th year in a row.

you've got a lot to show for that dominance

DHallblows
12-16-2005, 08:48 PM
yeah a possible pro-bowler as our No1? so pathetic. :shake:

and who has the No1 offense in the NFL? so pathetic :shake:

I wanna shit on your face, donkie scum

Have fun getting your asses kicked by the Colts for the 12th year in a row.

you've got a lot to show for that dominance

Eddie Kennison...a probowler? I don't think so.
Our fullback, Kyle Johnson, has more TDs than your boy Eddie. (6 to 5)

"who has the No1 offense in the NFL"?!?!?! Not you guys. There's this team...man what's their name? Oh yeah the Colts. So don't play that card. And offense doesn't win a superbowl...the Colts have a defense, you don't.

sedated
12-16-2005, 08:58 PM
I said "possible", sh!tface.

congrats to your FB, its a wonder he isn't on the cover of SI

Offensive stats:
1. KC 380.9 y/g
2. SEA 375.3
3. IND 373.5

good research, dumbf*ck

go away n00b

listopencil
12-16-2005, 09:03 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar6004_4.gif

That's not an ass. That's two badgers fighting each other.

DHallblows
12-16-2005, 09:18 PM
So you're telling me that if you had a team you would rather have the chiefs over Indy's? Wow you're dumb. Trent Green is WAY better than Peyton Manning...couldn't agree more.

Manning: 27 TD, 8 int.
Green:14 TD, 9 int.
Not to mention more Yards, completitions and rushing TDs
James more Tds, Harrison has more receptions, yards and almost triple the TDs. Not to mention Wayne.

And I don't think that you can judge an offense off of their yards per game. Try points per game, schedule or I don't know...RECORD?

KCFalcon59
12-16-2005, 09:25 PM

your and idiot

sedated
12-16-2005, 09:36 PM
So you're telling me that if you had a team you would rather have the chiefs over Indy's?

I didn't say that, n00b.

I merely openned your ignorant eyes to the truth that is statistics.

...and Indy's D is overrated, d!cklips.

how many top 10 O's have they faced?

KC has faced top 10 O's many times this year, and not only held their own, but are improving and have respectable numbers over the last few weeks.

go away donkie-shit, nobody wants you, even your own mother

HemiEd
12-16-2005, 09:41 PM
So is this the official weekend troll thread? :hmmm:

DHallblows
12-16-2005, 10:41 PM
your and idiot

Not "and" but "an". Also "you're" not "your". ...way to go.

Bad Defense? Sacks: 40 to your 26. Yards allowed pp: 4.9 to 5.6. Passing yards allowed: 2461 to 3219.
Yeah, overrated.

D!cklips?...good one.

manchambo
12-16-2005, 11:12 PM

Bad Defense? Sacks: 40 to your 26. Yards allowed pg: 4.9 to 5.6. Passing yards allowed: 2461 to 3219.
Yeah, overrated.

D!cklips?...good one.

You should give him some credit for spelling idiot right. It's a pretty big word.

pikesome
12-16-2005, 11:27 PM

Looks like someone is missing the joke. Too much subtlety perhaps?

mcan
12-16-2005, 11:34 PM
OK look. Everybody here KNOWS that there was one really blatent block in the back by Julian Battle on Dante's return in 2003. It wasn't called. The other one that you mention was from the side, and probably wouldn't have been called anyway. The first block, nobody was watching because Dante was doing his spinny stuff, and everybody loves to watch Dante do his spinny stuff.

Now, I'm not saying that the block in the back didn't help... IT DID. But, there is no reason that ONE block should have knocked down three guys like that. Dante made a great move to make the one guy fall down, and the other guy overpursued (left his lane). When Julian made his (admittedly illegal) block, it knocked the one guy into the other who fell over the Donkey who had fallen down. To say that the Chiefs are cheaters implies that they PLANNED THAT!

Man, illegal blocks and holds happen every single play on both sides of the ball no matter WHO is playing. And there were 8 other Donkeys out there who should have put a shoulder on Dante, but couldn't catch his speedy little ass..

DHALLBOLWS2
12-20-2005, 05:03 PM
I said "possible", sh!tface.

congrats to your FB, its a wonder he isn't on the cover of SI

Offensive stats:
1. KC 380.9 y/g
2. SEA 375.3
3. IND 373.5

good research, dumbf*ck

go away n00b
Fu*k you dont care, who is IN the playoffs, and who ISINT, thats what i thought, you can say u have the best players in nfl, but broncos are goin to the playoffs for 7th year out of 9, chiefs in the past 10 yrs have only gone 4 so shut up, u got nutin on us, *iGO BRONCOS!*

Johnson&Johnson
12-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Cheating? Officially, of course not.

But I do think there's some bias in terms of referees and officiating in games. I remember in one of the older NFL films..i forgot which coach it was (could be Jerry Glanville)...and they were playing Dallas during the triplets hey days, the visiting head coach was on-field talking to some of the officiating crew and he asked one of them the usual stuff...how long the guys been an official etc. and then he asked where the linesmen was from..the the guys answered Dallas. Glanville immediately reacted stunt but in a comical way..he was NO WAY in hell...you're from Dallas and they let you call a Dallas game? How bad can this be...

DHALLBOLWS2
12-22-2005, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=Johnson&Johnson]Cheating? Officially, of course not.

Carr is a UFA in 2006, Green will be 37 next year.
If Green gets hurt, forget next year, at any point for us, our season is over.

QUOTE]

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, you guys WANT DAVID CARR? How sad is this? quite possibly THE WORST QUARTERBACK IN THE LEAGUE RIGHT NOW! haha, you guys are desperate, damn. How low have you guys gone?

Rain Man
12-22-2005, 09:24 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, you guys WANT DAVID CARR? How sad is this? quite possibly THE WORST QUARTERBACK IN THE LEAGUE RIGHT NOW! haha, you guys are desperate, damn. How low have you guys gone?

You misspelled a five-letter word in your user name. Are you a Broncos fan?

DHALLBOLWS2
12-25-2005, 07:08 PM
You misspelled a five-letter word in your user name. Are you a Broncos fan?
misspelled blows on purpose, us REAL fans, understand you chief fans' frustration. how you guys have SUCKED for a billion years. CHIEFS BLOW
:bang:

Guru
12-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Why does this thread keep coming back?

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-25-2005, 08:50 PM
Why does this thread keep coming back?

I don't know, but it's damn funny.

greg63
12-25-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure; but I think that the consensus is here at the Planet, and in this thread, is that the Donks are at the bottom of this sort of conspiracy theory. :p

DHallblows
12-25-2005, 11:36 PM
I'm not sure; but I think that the consensus is here at the Planet, and in this thread, is that the Donks are at the bottom of this sort of conspiracy theory. :p

I would sure hope that, on a chiefís forum, the consensus would be against the Broncos. Because if it wasn't...well then, that would be sad.

As I search through other threads, I notice that everyone is making excuses for the chiefs losing, or how everyone is out to get them. On some other thread, they were talking about how KC has had back-to-back away games at teams above .500 seven times in the last two years. And how no one else has had that kind of schedule. (Which I donĎt think is very practical to look up, anyway)

And this thread consists of someone who thinks that the chiefs (and only the chiefs) quote: ďget the most inoppurtune call at the most opprutune time to sway crucial close betting ball games one way or the otherĒ...NO. Every team gets inopportune calls...God doesnít hate the chiefs, they just suck.

Now that I think about it, this thread is retarded...why would somebody respond to this?! Whoever started this is paranoid. The only reason I posted on this was because you guys were complaining and calling the Broncos bigger cheaters than the chiefs. Wait, no, you were acting like the chiefs donít cheat at all.

No team cheats on purpose, nor do they cheat more than any other team...well, I canít say that completely, we all know there are exceptions to the rules...and in this case, itís the Raiders. Hopefully we can all agree on that.

Guru
12-25-2005, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE=DHallblows]Now that I think about it, this thread is retarded...why would somebody respond to this?! Whoever started this is paranoid. The only reason I posted on this was because you guys were complaining and calling the Broncos bigger cheaters than the chiefs. Wait, no, you were acting like the chiefs donít cheat at all.[QUOTE]

Well, the Chiefs didn't get caught with a foreign substance all over their jerseys in the playoffs. :hmmm:

Frazod
12-25-2005, 11:48 PM
The f#cking Cowgirls have basically had two of the last three games given to them by the refs. The Panthers got raped yesterday just as hard as we did two weeks ago.

Any small market team that plays against those rotten f#ckers had best be advised to score enough points to beat both the players AND the referees, who might was well be wearing silver stars on their hats.

They just moved to a hair below Denver on my hatred list. I hope they get destroyed next week and miss the playoffs, because they shouldn't even have a winning record right now. 4321

Guru
12-25-2005, 11:51 PM
When was this?

If you are referring to my post... Then I am referring to 97.

DHallblows
12-25-2005, 11:54 PM
I was. Was it proven, or is it just a rumor?

Guru
12-26-2005, 12:07 AM
I was. Was it proven, or is it just a rumor?

It was proven enough in the refs minds that they stopped the game and forced the entire squad to go to the sidelines and get it wiped off. Not that that would have made a lot of difference.

HMc
12-26-2005, 01:07 AM
No team cheats on purpose, nor do they cheat more than any other team...well, I canít say that completely, we all know there are exceptions to the rules...and in this case, itís the Raiders. Hopefully we can all agree on that.

Besides the rest of your irrelevant post (unlucky ref calls - nothing to do with cheating unless you're suggesting the refs have been bought), this sentence is ridiculous. Of course teams cheat on purpose. It's not cheating, by definition, if it isn't on purpose. I'd say "cheating", as it were, would be fairly minimal in the NFL, but it'd exist somewhere every season. Steroids, vaseline, salary cap rorts etc.

greg63
12-26-2005, 04:26 AM
I would sure hope that, on a chiefís forum, the consensus would be against the Broncos. Because if it wasn't...well then, that would be sad...
ÖThis what I meant when I said the Donks are at the bottom of the conspiracy. n00b :p