PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts - Trade for 1st overall pick

Johnson&Johnson
12-16-2005, 11:14 AM
:hmmm:
Would you trade Priest and Tony G plus our 1st round pick for the 2nd overall pick?

For a chance at Matt Leinart or Reggie Bush.

If Texans let David Carr go, they might take Leinart with 1st pick.

Or if Texans beat SF in week 17, SF might get first overall pick and draft Bush.

If we have a chance to draft Bush, perhaps we trade Larry Johnson and keep Priest. (Priest might be a great mentor to Reggie Bush, like he did with LJ)

I think we can't loose if we trade our 1st pick along with Tony G (while he still has value + 1 of our RB) for a chance at the 1st or 2nd overall pick.

....until then

Let's go pound the rock at the stinking Giants:mad:.

Count Zarth
12-16-2005, 11:15 AM
We don't need either of those players. Your and idiot.

Johnson&Johnson
12-16-2005, 11:17 AM
We don't need either of those players. Your and idiot.
hello ..anybody home..

mcfly???

did you get the topic - RAN-DOM THOUGHTS

and its YOU ARE AN Idiot

not YOUR AND Idiot.ROFL

Count Zarth
12-16-2005, 11:18 AM
hello ..anybody home..

mcfly???

and its YOU ARE A Idiot

not YOUR AND Idiot.ROFL

Retart.

Brock
12-16-2005, 11:20 AM
More like random BS.

chagrin
12-16-2005, 11:21 AM
The Texans coaches, and ownership, are fooling themselves if they truly believe that David Carr is the problem there. Dom friggin Capers is not a leader of men, in the Head Coach capacity. He had 1 good year in Carolina, with veteran players who basically didn't need to be coached to play, and then he fell on his face.

That team needs an Offensive Line worth a shit, so maybe their QB can have some time to throw the ball.

That's the difference between David Carr and let's say, Joey Harrington (who many here believe would help KC). Joey has consistently had a solid offensive line in front of him and still cannot hit his targets, he just stinks.

David Carr has proven that he can throw the ball and put it in place, WHEN he has time.

Houston needs to draft Reggie Bush first and then move on to O Linemen, and leave it at that.

I would much rather have that problem than trying to figure out WTF the CHIEFS are going to need to go ahead and do in the draft.

Mr. Laz
12-16-2005, 11:22 AM
not right now...

we don't need Reggie Bush and before leinart becomes our QB we will have to go into a major rebuilding mode.

not there yet

10 our of 11 offensive starters will be back imo. Only shields will retire.

we have one more year before stuff starts falling apart.

we can draft a QBotF ... but not that kind of trade at this point.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 11:24 AM
hello ..anybody home..

mcfly???

and its YOU ARE A Idiot

not YOUR AND Idiot.ROFL
First of all, if you're going to correct someone, you MIGHT want to make sure you know that "a" idiot isn't right. It's AN idiot. And you're obviously a noob. "Your and idiot" is common around here when you're being stupid.

Maybe you should retitle this "Ran-DUMB thoughts"... like gochiefs said, "retart."

Cochise
12-16-2005, 11:25 AM
ESPN reported weeks ago that the Texans' GM said the team would pick up the option on his contract.

Gaz
No.

Neither player is what we need.

xoxo~
Gaz
In agreement with Laz [and checking the sky for aviating pigs].

htismaqe
not right now...

we don't need Reggie Bush and before leinart becomes our QB we will have to go into a major rebuilding mode.

not there yet

Exactly. We have big needs on both lines, at WR, and at CB. We should look to address a position of need...

Fish
12-16-2005, 11:28 AM
I think that's a really bad RAN-DOM thought. With the high number of draft busts lately, why risk it? Why trade TGonz and Priest and a 1st round pick for someone who is unproven in the NFL? Why trade TGonz at all?

This is why I don't wake-and-bake and post RAN-DOM thoughts........

Johnson&Johnson
12-16-2005, 11:29 AM
not right now...

not there yet

I understand. But 2006 draft might be exceptionally unique in which if you drafted 1st or 2nd, you are bound to find a franchise player. You can't say the same for a lot from recent drafts. (Manning, Leaf) (Carr, Harrington) (C. Palmer, C. Rogers) (Couch, McnNabb)

The NFL is a (win-now) league. By the time we do need help at the skill positions, it might be too late. Remember how long it took KC to get Trent + Priest and Tony? After Montana and Marcus and DT were all gone..we went through some painful years with Bam Morris, Andre Rison, Elvis, Rashan Shehee..if you don;t recall

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 11:32 AM
We need that 6-9 LT if he falls to us (can't remember his name), but I think we're pretty good on OLine... Shields will retired. Roaf, Waters, Weigmann are back, Welbourne will move back to guard (which is where he belongs) and Kevin Sampson is back at RT. LT is an area of concern, because even if he stays healthy, Roaf won't be here much longer.

CB/WR is a big area of need -- moreso WR than CB, IMO. I think Samie Parker is making strides and potentially will be a solid #2, if not a #1... but SOON we'll need someone to take Kennison's place. I like Horn/Boe as our #3... but I think we should commit to one of them.

Mr. Laz
12-16-2005, 11:32 AM
No.

xoxo~
Gaz

http://img196.exs.cx/img196/2865/pigpilotmovestiny0pg.gif

chagrin
12-16-2005, 11:36 AM
This thread needs an enema

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 11:41 AM
http://i.tvspielfilm.de/img/gen/K/B/HBKBA9FaiCS_Pxgen_r_360x240.jpg

mike_b_284
12-16-2005, 11:44 AM
next 2 years need to focus on

qbotf, o-line, wr, cb

DeepSouth
12-16-2005, 11:45 AM
I'd trade Priest for Carr. It doesn't matter to me which one is sitting on the Chiefs bench for a year.

Plus, Priest if from Texas. When Green retires, Carr's the Chiefs QB.

Johnson&Johnson
12-16-2005, 11:45 AM
It's easier now to see who are the real die hard chiefs and who are the insomniacs internet geeks on this board.

If you can't see the bigger picture and if your brain is inapt for seeing something like this year's draft as being unique, you obviously can't make long term plans as well as perserving current goals as a Chief fan.

Braincase
12-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Just so long as the Chiefs land that honorable-mention all-Big 12 conference defensive back from Iowa State, I'll be straight..heheheheeheeheeehehehehehehehe (poorly typed interpretation of LJ's giggle).

crossbow
12-16-2005, 11:54 AM
We need that 6-9 LT if he falls to us (can't remember his name), but I think we're pretty good on OLine... Shields will retired. Roaf, Waters, Weigmann are back, Welbourne will move back to guard (which is where he belongs) and Kevin Sampson is back at RT. LT is an area of concern, because even if he stays healthy, Roaf won't be here much longer.

CB/WR is a big area of need -- moreso WR than CB, IMO. I think Samie Parker is making strides and potentially will be a solid #2, if not a #1... but SOON we'll need someone to take Kennison's place. I like Horn/Boe as our #3... but I think we should commit to one of them.

I couldn't agree more. Chiefs need to look at a franchise LT to take Roaf's spot. If Roaf plays one more year he is bound to get injured again.

Fried Meat Ball!
It's easier now to see who are the real die hard chiefs and who are the insomniacs internet geeks on this board.

If you can't see the bigger picture and if your brain is inapt for seeing something like this year's draft as being unique, you obviously can't make long term plans as well as perserving current goals as a Chief fan.

How about the fact that the Chiefs haven't been able to draft and develop a QB for three decades? Or the fact that LJ is Peterson's boy... no WAY he lets him go.

Yeah, trade away TGonz, who's done nothing but make plays for us since he came, for a running back (which we don't need, even in the distant future), or a QB that some are saying won't amount to squat in the NFL.

And I know how to spell inEpt.

Brock

If you truly are dumb enough to think that Priest Holmes and Tony Gonzalez is all it would cost to move up to the second overall spot, you certainly have no room to lecture anyone about brains.

chagrin
http://i.tvspielfilm.de/img/gen/K/B/HBKBA9FaiCS_Pxgen_r_360x240.jpg

ROFL

Great picture, I love that!

Chieficus
12-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Would you trade Priest and Tony G plus our 1st round pick for the 2nd overall pick?

Or if Texans beat SF in week 17, SF might get first overall pick and draft Bush.

If we have a chance to draft Bush, perhaps we trade Larry Johnson and keep Priest. (Priest might be a great mentor to Reggie Bush, like he did with LJ)

I think we can't loose if we trade our 1st pick along with Tony G (while he still has value + 1 of our RB) for a chance at the 1st or 2nd overall pick.

....until then

I wouldn't trade for Bush. Aside from having Larry and Dante already, I personally don't think he'll end up having much of a NFL career. A few good years returning kicks, then he'll flame out into the halls of NFL never-was'es (gut feeling).

Leinart would present a more intriguing senario, and with LJ coming on the scene, I wouldn't be absolutely opposed to trading Priest... But I don't think I can work up enough intrigue to throw Tony into the mix...

BigRedChief
12-16-2005, 11:56 AM
No.

xoxo~
Gaz

Agreed
xoxo~
BRC
Looking at the sky also

Chiefnj
12-16-2005, 11:56 AM
There is no guarantee that any rookie is going to be a franchise player.

Bush isn't needed because KC has Johnson.

Leinert makes more sense. We'll likely have a new coach. And every new coach wants his own young star QB to groom. You can move up for Leinert, but giving up TG in exchange means he has a bunch of average receivers and no TE to pass to. If Roaf and Shields retire Leinert will get killed, which doesn't help much either. A situation like that can kill a QB's career. So you can get him, but you'd have to keep him on the bench until you can protect him and give him a few weapons.

htismaqe
12-16-2005, 11:58 AM

That's it. We're all idiots.

:hail:

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Thats it. Were all and idiots.

I fixed it for you... way too liberal use of proper punctuation and/or spelling.

chagrin
12-16-2005, 12:01 PM
I couldn't agree more. Chiefs need to look at a franchise LT to take Roaf's spot. If Roaf plays one more year he is bound to get injured again.

God bless Jerry Orbach, cool dude!

joesomebody
12-16-2005, 12:01 PM
First, Leinhart is a bust in the making. See Ryan Leaf.

Second, why in the hell would we want Reggie Bush when we have an excellent young RB.

Third, top tier Tight Ends are extremely rare, and we have the best (that is proven himself over the long haul.) Tony Gonzalez is going to be productive for at least 3 more years, and I don't see why in the world we would want to trade a franchise player like that.

Our organization hasn't developed a QB since who? I can't think of the last one, maybe Len Dawson? I don't see us starting now, and I certainly don't want that project to start with some first overall pic prom queen of a QB. There is a reason he played college ball for 5 years... I don't see him being an NFL great, no where near the quality of quarter back that Trent Green has been.

Odds of 1st round QB's working out seem slim these days, look at Rivers, Alex Smith, etc. C. Palmer finally is showing production, and Eli Manning is starting to show signs of life as well, but its been what, 2 to 3 years?

As it's been said, our Offense has another legitimate year or two before a major rebuild is needed, and QB isn't what you build a team around, especially in the beginning stages of a rebuild.

So, no, I don't see the team doing that.

Chiefnj
12-16-2005, 12:03 PM
That's it. We're all idiots.

I thought being an idiot went hand-in-hand with being a Chiefs fan. What other reason exists to root for these perennial losers?

Hoover
12-16-2005, 12:03 PM
The texans need to only draft offensive linement this year. It would make all the difference in the world, but you got to take Bush if he is there.

Chiefnj
12-16-2005, 12:09 PM
The texans need to only draft offensive linement this year. It would make all the difference in the world, but you got to take Bush if he is there.

They could take Bush and then attempt to trade their 2nd and 3rd round picks for quality linemen, like the Chiefs did for Surtain.

Johnson&Johnson
12-16-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm the biggest Tony G supporter. I was the biggest Priest supporter as well but I was one of those that wanted LJ replacing Priest as the feature back at the beginning of this season when we all saw what LJ did the last 6-7 games of 2004.

Who knows what Kris Wilson is capable of giving us. If you were Kris, would you dare to speak up if you were playing behind a perenail HOF TE? Or even if you were the coaches would you think to split times between 84 and 88?

I just don't want to see us fix little problems from season to season which amounts to mediocrity. Just cuz our weakness is at CB and O-line...but in my mind, our D-line is our biggest void. Other Sims (when healthy) and Allen, we seriously have no depth. But still I want to get a chance of getting one of the rare gems in Reggie Bush.

the man himself GALE SAYERS see the resemblance of Bush to his glory days. Think back! Chiefs missed out on Sayer who was a local Kansas star. Years down the road, I bet everyone would praise the Chiefs had we took shot at trading up for Bush. Don't be the 1989 Green Bay Packers and select Tony Mandarich (because of need at O-line) and pass up some guy that was over-hype named Barry Sanders.

Count Zarth
12-16-2005, 12:13 PM
But still I want to get a chance of getting one of the rare gems in Reggie Bush.

Your and idiot.

joesomebody
12-16-2005, 12:19 PM
I'm the biggest Tony G supporter. I was the biggest Priest supporter as well but I was one of those that wanted LJ replacing Priest as the feature back at the beginning of this season when we all saw what LJ did the last 6-7 games of 2004.

Who knows what Kris Wilson is capable of giving us. If you were Kris, would you dare to speak up if you were playing behind a perenail HOF TE? Or even if you were the coaches would you think to split times between 84 and 88?

I just don't want to see us fix little problems from season to season which amounts to mediocrity. Just cuz our weakness is at CB and O-line...but in my mind, our D-line is our biggest void. Other Sims (when healthy) and Allen, we seriously have no depth. But still I want to get a chance of getting one of the rare gems in Reggie Bush.

the man himself GALE SAYERS see the resemblance of Bush to his glory days. Think back! Chiefs missed out on Sayer who was a local Kansas star. Years down the road, I bet everyone would praise the Chiefs had we took shot at trading up for Bush. Don't be the 1989 Green Bay Packers and select Tony Mandarich (because of need at O-line) and pass up some guy that was over-hype named Barry Sanders.PSSSsst... Just because Al Saunders, Dick Vermiel, and Carl Perterson talk up a player (Kris Wilson) does not mean that he is worth a damn.

See McLeon, Hicks, Siavii, and Bell.

Drafting a 1st round Running Back is the stupidest thing this team could do right now, I don't care if it was a cross between OJ Simpson, Marcus Allen, and Barry Sanders.

Running Back is one of the only positions on our offense that we have to look forward to over then next 4 to 5 years.

We need a LT, some defensive lineman, and the perinial 5th or 6th round WR to look forward to. I wouldn't mind us picking up a 3rd or 4th round QB either.

Johnson&Johnson
12-16-2005, 12:22 PM
First, Leinhart is a bust in the making. See Ryan Leaf.

Odds of 1st round QB's working out seem slim these days, look at Rivers, Alex Smith, etc. C. Palmer finally is showing production, and Eli Manning is starting to show signs of life as well, but its been what, 2 to 3 years?

As it's been said, our Offense has another legitimate year or two before a major rebuild is needed, and QB isn't what you build a team around, especially in the beginning stages of a rebuild.

So, no, I don't see the team doing that.
First, you can't compare Leaf to Leinart. Leaf was a one year wonder at Washington, he was unheard of until the last year before going pro. Leinart has led USC to 3..I repeat, championship season. The key of QB are their poise and the ability to handle adversity at the highest level. When your team is the target of every single college team for the 3 years SC was on top, he continues to excel and not choke displays his composure and leadership qualities. And those who saw him play in big games, knows his ability to read defense very well. And I must add, Palmer also was a USC product from the same farmsystem. USC runs a pro-style offense.

Second, for you to think that QB isn't what you build a team around? WHAT!!!! Please see Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, John Elway, Brett Favre, and more recently Michael Vick, Eli and Carson Palmer.

joesomebody
12-16-2005, 12:33 PM
First, you can't compare Leaf to Leinart. Leaf was a one year wonder at Washington, he was unheard of until the last year before going pro. Leinart has led USC to 3..I repeat, championship season. The key of QB are their poise and the ability to handle adversity at the highest level. When your team is the target of every single college team for the 3 years SC was on top, he continues to excel and not choke displays his composure and leadership qualities. And those who saw him play in big games, knows his ability to read defense very well. And I must add, Palmer also was a USC product from the same famr system. USC runs a pro-style offense.

Second, for you to think that QB is what you build a team around? WHAT!!!! Please see Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, John Elway, Brett Favre, and more recently Michael Vick, Eli and Carson Palmer.Quarterback is important, absolutely... but look at the team you mentioned in your thread starter, the Texans... They drafted what I think is a very good quarterback, however didn't have what it takes to make a quarterback great. I would much prefer we stick with an excellent offensive line and running game. If KC can stick with the run and offensive line as the keys to our team, we can continue picking up free agent prospects on the cheap. Paying for a 1st rounder that will take 3 to 4 years to develop is a huge waste of cap space that KC cannot afford with all the help we still need on Defense.

Now as to the quarterbacks you listed:

Tom Brady = 6th round pick
Brett Farve = 2nd round pick

Therefore if you consider those to be teams built around their quarterback, your position that KC should trade a top 5 all time tight end and who knows what else for the 1st overall selection to get an unproven quarterback is rediculous.

You can't include C. Palmer and Eli Manning either, as this is the first season that either have been at all productive. Manning especially, as his numbers aren't all that impressive, 15 interceptions and a 75.9 QB rating, hardly what I'd call great.

Johnson&Johnson
12-16-2005, 12:35 PM
You guys are so confident that LJ would re-up his contract. I know CP will not want to loose his prize but we'll see what happens when LJ get slap with a franchise tag when the time comes.

In my mind, LJ should've been our featured back after week 1's performance vs. Jets. 9 carries 2 TDs and over 100yds?

had he started from week 2, we wouldn't have been in this position. I'd say we could have had at least 2 more wins if not 3. We shouldve beaten Eagles, SD, and the Bills. I know he was the featured back at Bills but thats a whole other problem there. He had over 100yds in that Bills game in the 1st half alone but Al decided to be cute in the 2nd half. He ended up gaining just 34 more yards. Oh well we know that story.

Johnson&Johnson
12-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Quarterback is important, absolutely... but look at the team you mentioned in your thread starter, the Texans... They drafted what I think is a very good quarterback, however didn't have what it takes to make a quarterback great. I would much prefer we stick with an excellent offensive line and running game. If KC can stick with the run and offensive line as the keys to our team, we can continue picking up free agent prospects on the cheap. Paying for a 1st rounder that will take 3 to 4 years to develop is a huge waste of cap space that KC cannot afford with all the help we still need on Defense.

Now as to the quarterbacks you listed:
Tom Brady = 6th round pick
Brett Farve = 2nd round pick

Therefore if you consider those to be teams built around their quarterback, your position that KC should trade a top 5 all time tight end and who knows what else for the 1st overall selection to get an unproven quarterback is rediculous.I think we agree to some extent. I'm not saying to trade Trent. Just as we were all shocked and mad at CP for drafting LJ when we had a super stud in Priest. I think you get my point.

Tribal Warfare
12-16-2005, 12:44 PM
We need that 6-9 LT

Marcus McNeill LT Auburn, I agree he's a beast at run blocking, and damn good at pass protection.

chagrin
12-16-2005, 12:46 PM
I fixed it for you... way too liberal use of proper punctuation and/or spelling.

neg rep for your "liberal" post
:p

ck_IN
12-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Houston needs an Oline to block for Carr and open holes for Davis. If I were them I'd trade down into the low teens and get more picks. Carr may be alright but with his current Oline who can tell?

As for the Chiefs they need a left tackle. Our entire offense appears to revolve around an aging left tackle with a history of leg injuries who may have two good years left. If I were them I wouldn't bother with either Bush or Leinhart. Get your LT in the 1st round and look for a QB prospect in the mid rounds.

I'm not sure Leinhart has the arm to be an NFL QB. And I'm not sure where Bush will play. RB? WR? Slash?

Hog Farmer
12-16-2005, 12:59 PM
I think our #1 priority should be to find some better looking cheer leaders. We wouldn't have to trade any players or draft picks to get them. The organization could just have their photos sent to Chiefs Planet and we could have a poll.

chiefsfolife
12-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Its cold outside but I just dont feel like wearing my jacket...I dunno

jidar
12-16-2005, 01:23 PM
If people keep offering suggestions to trade Tony Gonzalez I'm going to have to start ridiculing people mercilessly. Even more than normal.
In fact, if it gets bad enough I might even start moving peoples curtains aside so they get glare on their screen.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 01:36 PM
I'd trade Priest Holmes for

http://houstontexans.com/news_images/cheerleaders/erin_rams_big.jpg

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 01:37 PM
If people keep offering suggestions to trade Tony Gonzalez I'm going to have to start ridiculing people mercilessly. Even more than normal.
In fact, if it gets bad enough I might even start moving peoples curtains aside so they get glare on their screen.
These curtains?

http://www.usbeefcorp.com/menu/items/rb_bigmontana.jpg

Count Zarth
12-16-2005, 01:37 PM
I'd trade Priest Holmes for

http://houstontexans.com/news_images/cheerleaders/erin_rams_big.jpg

That's my girlfriend.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 01:39 PM
That's my girlfriend.
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Spicy McHaggis
12-16-2005, 01:43 PM
I understand. But 2006 draft might be exceptionally unique in which if you drafted 1st or 2nd, you are bound to find a franchise player. You can't say the same for a lot from recent drafts. (Manning, Leaf) (Carr, Harrington) (C. Palmer, C. Rogers) (Couch, McnNabb)

That point is ridiculous. No one knows what a player is going to be like until he actually plays in the NFL. A lot of people had Leaf as the better QB prospect ahead of Manning. I imagine that was a "bound to find a franchise player" at the 1st or 2nd pick overall year too.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 01:46 PM
That's my girlfriend.
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

ChiefsfaninPA
12-16-2005, 02:02 PM
This post is giving n00bs a bad rep. Oh wait, we already have one.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 02:05 PM
That's my girlfriend.
Still... ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Soupnazi
12-16-2005, 02:09 PM
I wouldn't want to spend what it would take to get Leinart or Bush, but I would like to see them trade up to get Brady Quinn.

HemiEd
12-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Screw drafting a Left Tackle, WRs, QBOTF etc. We need FBs and Safeties.

Soupnazi
12-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Screw drafting a Left Tackle, WRs, QBOTF etc. We need FBs and Safeties.

FB's and safeties aren't ever worth a 1st round pick, IMO.

HemiEd
12-16-2005, 02:17 PM
FB's and safeties aren't ever worth a 1st round pick, IMO.

It was sarcasm. Sorry, forgot to turn the button on.

Soupnazi
12-16-2005, 02:20 PM
It was sarcasm. Sorry, forgot to turn the button on.
My bad. I've been away from the planet for a while and seem to have lost my detection abilities.

HemiEd
12-16-2005, 02:22 PM
My bad. I've been away from the planet for a while and seem to have lost my detection abilities.

Hey, now that you mention it, I have missed you around here. I was just trying to post in the same spirit as the thread.

Trade Tony G? WTF, I was just thinking the whole thread must be sarcasm. ROFL

Johnson&Johnson
12-16-2005, 02:24 PM
I think most of you that replied with so much sarcasm don't care much if KC wins or loose. You just love discussion forum.

Ok. I am a n00b and I get it now. No point making gamers and xbox generation understand football.

Count Zarth
12-16-2005, 02:26 PM
I think most of you that replied with so much sarcasm don't care much if KC wins or loose. You just love discussion forum.

Ok. I am a n00b and I get it now. No point making gamers and xbox generation understand football.

WHAT?

You're the dipshit that wants to trade Tony Gonzalez and Priest Holmes for rookies that we don't need.

Your and idiot!

HemiEd
12-16-2005, 02:30 PM

yep you nailed it, we do not care if the Chiefs are Loose.

Johnson&Johnson
12-16-2005, 02:41 PM
WHAT?

You're the dipshit that wants to trade Tony Gonzalez and Priest Holmes for rookies that we don't need.

Your and idiot!WHAT? Were you one of those Priest supporters and criticized CP for taking LJ #1 in 2003?

Imagine if we didn't have LJ and we took some other O-line or D-line back in 2003. Guess what, we didn't need a RB in 2003 and you guys were right back then huh?

So I guess anyone that wouldve taken over for Priest after week 7 would end up being the Offensive player of the Month of November regardless, right? .. Jeez..hearing you say that..i'm thinking you must know something about Dee Brown & Ronnie Cruz that I am not aware of.

BECAUSE

Just because got Willie Roaf back healthy. Any RB could produce 211 yds over the lowly Texans when plugged into our great O-line, right?

ROFL

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Not true... Dee Brown flat out sucked!

Johnson&Johnson
12-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Not true... Dee Brown flat out sucked!

What? Now you don't think Dee Brown could rush for 6 straight 100yd games behind our great O-line (whom I might add is getting old)

There's never a time when you have chance to stock-pile Talent (one in a lifetime franchise talent - Bush) you pass up and go for filling needs in other areas with mediocre player just because its a need.

I am one for always drafting talent first and passing up on feeling position needs unless the talent on the board is what you need then its a no brainer (example - in 2005 with DJ)

I think CP and Vermeil did very well in last year's draft. Both DJ and Colquit were top talents in their respective positions and both happen to be position of need for us.

Count Zarth
12-16-2005, 03:07 PM
WHAT? Were you one of those Priest supporters and criticized CP for taking LJ #1 in 2003?

Imagine if we didn't have LJ and we took some other O-line or D-line back in 2003. Guess what, we didn't need a RB in 2003 and you guys were right back then huh?

So I guess anyone that wouldve taken over for Priest after week 7 would end up being the Offensive player of the Month of November regardless, right? .. Jeez..hearing you say that..i'm thinking you must know something about Dee Brown & Ronnie Cruz that I am not aware of.

BECAUSE

Just because got Willie Roaf back healthy. Any RB could produce 211 yds over the lowly Texans when plugged into our great O-line, right?

ROFL

What the hell are you going on about?

WE DON'T NEED MATT LEINART. WE DON'T NEED REGGIE BUSH.

htismaqe
12-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Dedicating the top end of your draft entirely to the future is a luxury a team can only afford when their team isn't the OLDEST IN THE LEAGUE.

htismaqe
12-16-2005, 03:10 PM
What the hell are you going on about?

WE DON'T NEED MATT LEINART. WE DON'T NEED REGGIE BUSH.

You obviously aren't a true fan. You don't care if the team wins or loses...

Calcountry
12-16-2005, 03:14 PM
First of all, if you're going to correct someone, you MIGHT want to make sure you know that "a" idiot isn't right. It's AN idiot. And you're obviously a noob. "Your and idiot" is common around here when you're being stupid.

Maybe you should retitle this "Ran-DUMB thoughts"... like gochiefs said, "retart."
I shall not retort with respect to the retart.

Mr. Laz
12-16-2005, 03:29 PM
WE DON'T NEED MATT LEINART
actually we could use a QBotF

dj56dt58
12-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Can either Bush or Leinert play DT?

Johnson&Johnson
12-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Can either Bush or Leinert play DT?

Did I say trade Ryan Sims or our 2nd round through 8th picks?

We can draft D-line or DBs in the remaining 7 rounds. Good gosh, what narrow vision I'm beginning to see here.

dj56dt58
12-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Did I say trade Ryan Sims or our 2nd round through 8th picks?

We can draft D-line or DBs in the remaining 7 rounds. Good gosh, what narrow vision I'm beginning to see here.

We do need a QB for the future, your right. BUT I don't think Leinert will want to set out a year or 2 while Trent Green is still playing here. I think Leinert will go to a team where he will start immediatly, possibly in SF. Not to mention we have LJ so why do we need Reggie Bush? LJ is proven in the NFL and Bush isn't. Plus LJ knows the system. We need guys who are going to make an immediate impact, especially on defense. The Chiefs aren't getting any younger on offense, and this great offense is still going to waste becuase of the defensive performance. We need to get some defensive tackles that can get a good push up the middle, and another Defensive end. Your right however about the fact that we can get them later in the draft, but at the same time we still need to be worrying about other guys than Leinert and Bush. They are out of the question. We don't need them now, and i highly doubt anybody would trade their 1st or 2nd pick giving up those guys for anything that you mentioned, even LJ. I say we keep LJ and look for a qb for the future(Leinert is out of the question), Offensive linemen(Shields will probably retire, Roaf won't be here a lot longer), and a Defensive end. Possibly another Safety as well. Those are the things that should be on our mind, not Bush or Leinert. Not to mention that the Chiefs usually don't have much success in the draft anyways, so if we do draft Leinert or Bush they will probably end up being two of the biggests busts in NFL history and that will just give us something else to bitch at CP about. I think we'll end up trading for a QBOTF rather than looking in the draft like we did with Green anyways.

dj56dt58
12-16-2005, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't want to spend what it would take to get Leinart or Bush, but I would like to see them trade up to get Brady Quinn.
I wouldn't mind getting Brady Quinn either. He is a solid QB and would have time to learn a few things while Trent Green is still here. I have the same hunch that we will get him, just like I had the hunch that we would get DJ. However, I just don't know if we will use our first round pick to get him with all the other needs we have for the simple fact that we need our other needs NOW, and will need him later. That's why I think trading for a qb for the future is a more likely scenario.

philfree
12-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Any thought of trading Gonzo or Holmes is like stabbing them in the back. Any Chiefs fan that thinks trading them is a good idea should be traded to AZ. We've got an ace QB and a stud RB so what a waste it would be trading great players for high dollar draft picks who may or may not work out. We need more D and future O linemen and as many other picks as we can get in the 2006 draft. We played hard in last years FA market and we won't do it again this year. And we shouldn't......maybe for one (1) .....one vet O linemen to replace Roaf if he retires.

Trade Gonzo :rolleyes: Gawd Damn fuggin dumb as it gets.

PhilFree:arrow:

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 06:16 PM
I shall not retort with respect to the retart.
Read post #4. "Retart" was intentional.

Calcountry
12-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Read post #4. "Retart" was intentional.No shit? Your kidding right?

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 06:23 PM
What? Now you don't think Dee Brown could rush for 6 straight 100yd games behind our great O-line (whom I might add is getting old)

There's never a time when you have chance to stock-pile Talent (one in a lifetime franchise talent - Bush) you pass up and go for filling needs in other areas with mediocre player just because its a need.

I am one for always drafting talent first and passing up on feeling position needs unless the talent on the board is what you need then its a no brainer (example - in 2005 with DJ)

I think CP and Vermeil did very well in last year's draft. Both DJ and Colquit were top talents in their respective positions and both happen to be position of need for us.
No, I'm not sure Dee Brown could rush for 6 straight YARDS behind our great O-line, let alone 100.

Yes, you stockpile talent when you have that luxury, but with the problems we have looming over our heads, you don't give up talent that is still years away from being unproductive for something you do not need. The ONLY reason we drafted LJ was as insurance. If Priest were healthy we would not have drafted him, plain and simple. LJ will be the starting back next year (and years to come), no doubt about it.

While I'll agree that QB is a position of need, I also look at our history in drafting QBs and say, "Pass." Not to mention the history of 1st round QB busts. I would rather see this team pick up a youthful FA QB or draft one somewhere in the second through fifth rounds.

You just don't make any sense, dude. THat's why you're getting slammed on this board. I'll give you props for comin' back and defending your position, but you're just wrong, man.

I've been on this board for a little over a year, and what I'm about to say, I've NEVER said before: Your and idiot.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 06:25 PM
No shit? Your kidding right?
Maybe it's because I'm tired, but why did you make your statement then... not making comment out of respect for the retart?

:shrug:

Calcountry
12-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Maybe it's because I'm tired, but why did you make your statement then... not making comment out of respect for the retart?

:shrug:I was just playing with the words, thats all.

Retarted(CP spelling) is well known.

:D Carry on a wayard son, the'll be peace when you are done....

Calcountry
12-16-2005, 06:30 PM
IOW, I have no comment(retort) with respect to the retard(retart). Retort/retart.

Maybe's its meba datsa retarted.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 06:33 PM
IOW, I have no comment(retort) with respect to the retard(retart). Retort/retart.
OK, now I understand.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Maybe's its meba datsa retarted.
:thumb:

4th and Long
12-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Carry on a wayard son, the'll be peace when you are done....
Is that CP lyrics for, "Carry on my wayward son. There'll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest. Don't you cry no more." :shrug:

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Maybe this should be bunnytrdr:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8969/bicycleelliott4sa.jpg

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 06:39 PM
I'm gonna get in SO much trouble for that! ROFL

4th and Long
12-16-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm gonna get in SO much trouble for that! ROFL
No kidding. It's really not nice to Photoshop pictures of your wife like that. I can't believe you did that. You should be ashamed.

Bob Dole
12-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Great work!

http://www.peterschaaf.com/schickele/schickelemeetspdq01/highfive.jpg

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 06:44 PM
No kidding. It's really not nice to Photoshop pictures of your wife like that. I can't believe you did that. You should be ashamed.
ROFL

Count Zarth
12-16-2005, 06:47 PM
WTF

Does your wife really have a problem with that?

Tell her to grow some thicker skin.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-16-2005, 06:50 PM
WTF

Does your wife really have a problem with that?

Tell her to grow some thicker skin.
No, but she still smacks the crap out of me when I call her E.T.

Logical
12-16-2005, 06:57 PM
More like random BS.I agree, wish I had created it, there would have been 200 posts by now of people blasting me.ROFL

Skip Towne
12-16-2005, 07:09 PM
I agree, wish I had created it, there would have been 200 posts by now of people blasting me.ROFL
I wanted to blast you but you keep moving around. Hold still, dammit.

Calcountry
12-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Maybe this should be bunnytrdr:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8969/bicycleelliott4sa.jpgROFL

Calcountry
12-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Is that CP lyrics for, "Carry on my wayward son. There'll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest. Don't you cry no more." :shrug:WTF, why not? Like I can hear out of one ear to know the precise lyrics, like I own that album and read it. It is just metaphors that are running through my brain. From another song, you may have heard it, from an album I DO own.

Too much information, get it through my brain, too much information, driving me insane.

I probably fugged that one up too.

peace, on earth good will to men, I am out for the night. ;)

Halfcan
12-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Trade TG-never.

digi2fish
12-16-2005, 07:57 PM
Gonzo isn't going anywhere.

listopencil
12-16-2005, 08:20 PM
That's my girlfriend.
Uh oh, your real girlfreind might get jealous.

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/mkoljone/handandpencil/hand.jpg

milkman
12-16-2005, 10:22 PM
J and J, your and idiot.

Think about it, but not too hard.
I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.

When was the last time a blockbuter trade happened with players for picks?

Also, can you tell me who was the last QB drafted in the first round that took the team he was drafted by to the SB and won?

milkman
12-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Oh, and who's the retart that ****ed up the page?

Guru
12-17-2005, 12:20 AM

....until then

I love it. Lets throw away proven talent for unproven talent. Bush is a college player. He has not played in the NFL yet and will be in for a shock when he does. Can you foresee the future and predict he will be stellar? I don't think so. Hell even Tomlinson is still having growing pains in the NFL and they talked him up too.

craneref
12-17-2005, 12:25 AM

....until then

PLEASE step away from the CRACK PIPE and no one will get hurt.

Johnson&Johnson
12-19-2005, 01:12 AM
J and J, your and idiot.

Also, can you tell me who was the last QB drafted in the first round that took the team he was drafted by to the SB and won?

:rolleyes: Troy Aikman 1989. (3 superbowls)

Man. Seeing the stupidity thats in the minds of Chiefs... :banghead: with the team playing like this S**T the past few years. I just might as well get off this train wreck here and find me a new team.:cuss:

No wonder our team suck...even the ole so supportive wave of red & gold at arrowhead can't even agree... :mad:

htismaqe
12-19-2005, 07:34 AM

Man. Seeing the stupidity thats in the minds of Chiefs... :banghead: with the team playing like this S**T the past few years. I just might as well get off this train wreck here and find me a new team.:cuss:

No wonder our team suck...even the ole so supportive wave of red & gold at arrowhead can't even agree... :mad:

Yep, right on.

Everybody here but you is stupid.

joesomebody
12-19-2005, 08:02 AM

No wonder our team suck...even the ole so supportive wave of red & gold at arrowhead can't even agree... :mad:Can't even agree on what? I don't think anyone has agreed with you on trading up for a 1st or second pick.

1989... so 14 years ago, good odds.

Find a new team... nice, you think the Chiefs are bad... I'm still a Royals fan! You don't give up on your team, its just not right.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-19-2005, 08:09 AM

Yup... your still and idiot.