PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Computer Studs...

TRR
12-20-2005, 05:19 PM
I have a website that I am trying to access from home for work purposes. I use Mozilla Firefox, and every time I go to the site, it gives me an error message reading, "If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

Does anyone know how to enable a firewall to allow the site to show up/function?

Rep to the first one to solve my problem!!

Simplex3
12-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Answer these:

1. What OS?
2. What version of Firefox?
3. Do you have a hardware router/firewall at your house?
4. What is the url?

AeroSquid
12-20-2005, 07:54 PM
It just means you can't connect to the site, not necessarily anything about a firewall. According to mozilla-

Connection Failure:

Can't connect to this address
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at %address.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
* If you are unable to load any addresses, check the computer's network connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Can you get to the site with IE?

theultimatekcchiefsfan
12-20-2005, 09:05 PM
http://ieview.mozdev.org/installation.html

afterwards just right click on any page and choose "view IE"

TRR
12-21-2005, 07:11 AM
It's the latest version of Firefox. I do have a router at my home. I can access it through Internet Explorer, however my IE is all screwed up and has been for years. It only let's me view parts of a page. On here for instance, IE won't let me click on any buttons, just view the pages.

BigRedChief
12-21-2005, 07:53 AM
Why bang your head against a brick wall?

Make it easy on youreself. Go IE!

Bill

TRR
12-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Cause IE sucks, and mine does not work worth a crap anymore.