PDA

View Full Version : Let's say the Chiefs do make the playoffs

B2chiefsfan
12-25-2005, 09:59 AM
They'd have to go through New England, Indy, and possibly Denver to get to the big dance........

"Uh.......Good luck with that......." -SpongeBob Squarepants

:)

milkman
12-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Let's say the Chiefs do make the playoffs

While we're at it, let's say the land of Oz really does exist.

Alphaman
12-25-2005, 10:18 AM
They'd have to go through New England, Indy, and possibly Denver to get to the big dance........

"Uh.......Good luck with that......." -SpongeBob Squarepants

:)

Given a choice, I'd rather take my chances going through that road than the road of watching all the games at home. You can't win in the playoffs if you are not playing. Give us a shot to go to New England in 2 weeks.

Amnorix
12-25-2005, 10:29 AM
Actually, you'd be the #6 seed, right? In that case you'll be up against the #3 seed, which will be Cincy, not New England, I believe.

If you win, then you play the #1 seed, Indy, coming off their bye week.

Then you'd play whoever is left in the AFCC.

Coogs
12-25-2005, 10:33 AM
Actually, you'd be the #6 seed, right? In that case you'll be up against the #3 seed, which will be Cincy, not New England, I believe.

If you win, then you play the #1 seed, Indy, coming off their bye week.

Then you'd play whoever is left in the AFCC.

I thought I heard that if NE wins out and we beat Cincy next weekend that NE becomes the #3 seed. :shrug:

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-25-2005, 10:47 AM
i like those odds better than the odds of us actually getting in to the playoffs.

Amnorix
12-25-2005, 10:47 AM
I thought I heard that if NE wins out and we beat Cincy next weekend that NE becomes the #3 seed. :shrug:

That's actually correct. I just went off after posting my prior message and started reading some Pats stuff, and saw exactly that, so I came back here to correct myself, but you beat me to it.

If Pats win out (at Jets, vs. Miami) and you guys beat Cincy, then Pats are teh #3 seed and Cincy 4.

That would send KC to Gillette in the first round.

uhhh.....frankly, I'd rather play the Jags than you guys, I think.

It also has downstream complications. If the Pats win, we go to Investco instead of to Indy. Not sure which one of those I prefer. Both are fairly ugly. Indy's better when healthy, though, so I guess I'd take Investco.

So I guess I'd be choosing between KC and Denver or Jags then Indy.

:shake: Suffice to say that the Pats (and Chiefs if they make it) have their work cut out for them to get to the big show in Detroit.

Coogs
12-25-2005, 10:52 AM
Amnorix,

WE may beat Cincy and put you guys in the #3 hole, but I just can't see the Steelers losing to the Lions.

#1 Indy
#2 Denver
#3 NE
#4 Cincy
#5 Jax
#6 Pitt

How would that look to you?

Skip Towne
12-25-2005, 10:55 AM
You can't expect us to know all that stuff. We never make the playoffs so it's hard to remember how it works.

chiefs4me
12-25-2005, 11:52 AM
Yea let's say we do make the playoffs......haven't you been paying attention.......ANYBODY can win and anybody can loose on any given day.......so just for today let's think we can........:D

B2chiefsfan
12-25-2005, 11:55 AM
While we're at it, let's say the land of Oz really does exist.

"Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain!!!!"

:p