PDA

View Full Version : If DV and AS go and we bring in a Def HC, do we keep our offensive system?

jAZ
12-27-2005, 12:18 PM
If DV and AS go and we bring in a Def HC, do we keep our offensive system? I would assume if we bring in Herm Edwards, Pete Carroll or Gregg Williams... that would mean Al Saunders would leave to either STL, the Raiders or maybe the a college program.

If that's the case is there someone on our staff that could be promoted to our OC position who can run keep our offensive system in place?

I'm concerned that our talent is designed to fit this system and if we try to bring in another system we won't have the players to run it properly.

Here is out current offensive staff...
* Irv Eatman Assistant Offensive Line
* Charlie Joiner Wide Receivers
* James Saxon Running Backs
* Terry Shea Quarterbacks
* Mike Solari Offensive Line
* Jason Verduzco Tight Ends

I guess the right HC could also get Mike Martz to take an OC position again and keep him in check. That might be the ideal option if it were available. But of our current Offensive staff, who would you most like to see be an OC?

WebGem
12-27-2005, 12:21 PM
What? We already know U of A sucks.

WebGem
12-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Solari

Mr. Laz
12-27-2005, 12:24 PM
If DV and AS go and we bring in a Def HC, do we keep our offensive system?
i doubt it

keg in kc
12-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Jimmy Raye should be available.

keg in kc
12-27-2005, 12:26 PM
We've failed with a couple of defensive-minded head coaches, and failed with an offensive-minded head coach. Maybe it's time to try the Gansz experiment again.

FringeNC
12-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Question is how many will Saunders take with him.

Cochise
12-27-2005, 12:28 PM
I think a def head coach would do fine. They're doing great things with hearing aids and cochlear implants these days.

jAZ
12-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Question is how many will Saunders take with him.
Good point.

keg in kc
12-27-2005, 12:30 PM
I think a def head coach would do fine. They're doing great things with hearing aids and cochlear implants these days.

Groan.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Groan.

now call me Daddy and tell me how bad you've been

Chiefnj
12-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Based on what Buffalo fans say about Gregg Williams, the Chiefs would be lucky if Tony Hackett and/or Jimmy Raye became the offensive coordinators.

The offensive system will probably have to change out of necessity anyway. It's built around Roaf. He isn't going to be around forever, neither is Shields or Richardson. Say goodbye to the three best blockers on the team.

Cochise
12-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Groan.

Is this thing on?

I just few in from Cleveland, and boy are my arms tired.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Is this thing on?

I just few in from Cleveland, and boy are my arms tired.

ba da dum ...

http://www.thekootz.com/images/img26.jpg

Cochise
12-27-2005, 12:44 PM
ba da dum ...

http://www.thekootz.com/images/img26.jpg

I got a call from a woman the other day, she said "come over, nobody's home". So I went over and nobody was home.

buh dum tish

Mr. Laz
12-27-2005, 12:51 PM
I got a call from a woman the other day, she said "come over, nobody's home". So I went over and nobody was home.

buh dum tish
I've been in love with the same woman for 49 years. If my wife every finds out, she'll kill me!

Take my wife, please!

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/9/95/312px-Henny_youngman.jpg

Cochise
12-27-2005, 12:58 PM
I said, doctor, every morning when I get up and look in the mirror I feel like throwing up. What's wrong with me?

He said, I don't know but your eyesight is perfect.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2005, 01:06 PM
A doctor gave a man six months to live.

The man couldn't pay his bill, so he gave him another six months.

Hoover
12-27-2005, 01:12 PM
I just love how everyone thinks that the second DV and Saunders Leave we will not know how to do anything on offense.

How effin hard is it to call LJ's number 31 times a game? How effin hard is it to call a little play action pass to keep the opposing D Honest? How effin hard is it to throw the effin ball to Tony G?

I'm not worried about the offense, I'm more worried about keeping the Oline together for one more year.

Hoover
12-27-2005, 01:13 PM
If we were to get Williams, I wouldn't mind Shea getting a look.

tk13
12-27-2005, 01:17 PM
I just love how everyone thinks that the second DV and Saunders Leave we will not know how to do anything on offense.

How effin hard is it to call LJ's number 31 times a game? How effin hard is it to call a little play action pass to keep the opposing D Honest? How effin hard is it to throw the effin ball to Tony G?

I'm not worried about the offense, I'm more worried about keeping the Oline together for one more year.
I think people are worried about losing the aggressiveness we have. Al is about as aggressive as you can get offensively. I'm talking about stuff like going for it on 4th down, passing from your own endzone, etc. Plus Al keeps us pretty balanced offensively. There's just nowhere to go from #1 but down.

Actually, I think Al might be more aggressive if he didn't have DV sitting there to check him off sometimes...

jAZ
12-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Actually, I think Al might be more aggressive if he didn't have DV sitting there to check him off sometimes...
He'll fit in nicely in St. Louis.

htismaqe
12-27-2005, 02:44 PM
I think people are worried about losing the aggressiveness we have. Al is about as aggressive as you can get offensively. I'm talking about stuff like going for it on 4th down, passing from your own endzone, etc. Plus Al keeps us pretty balanced offensively. There's just nowhere to go from #1 but down.

I could realistically see Al ignoring the fact that LJ is our best offensive weapon and going to 5-WR ala Martz...

Trent doesn't need to get pounded 10 times a game...

Sam
12-27-2005, 02:47 PM
I know he's not ready to retire for another couple of years, but how do you think Trent Green would do as an OC?

Color Red
12-29-2005, 07:45 AM
My regrets about the thought of losing Saunders, and any of the unsettling nature of a potential change in Head Coach is, introducing a new system with several blue chip offensive performers near the end of their careers (Green, Roaf).

jspchief
12-29-2005, 08:04 AM
We don't need to worry about changing our running game. We already have this year to accomodate LJ. We switched from the zone blocking scheme that worked so well for Holmes to a conventional blocking scheme that creates set lanes/holes. There's nothing special about our current run game.

As for passing, I think it could actually benefit from some changes. It doesn't seem like all of our ridiculous shifting confuses anyone anymore. We still make plays because we give Trent a lot of time. There are of lot of pass plays that Saunders refuses to run, that I would like to see implemented.

Moreover, we have 8 pro-bowlers on this offense. It would take a real moron to screw this up.

milkman
12-29-2005, 08:13 AM
We don't need to worry about changing our running game. We already have this year to accomodate LJ. We switched from the zone blocking scheme that worked so well for Holmes to a conventional blocking scheme that creates set lanes/holes. There's nothing special about our current run game.

As for passing, I think it could actually benefit from some changes. It doesn't seem like all of our ridiculous shifting confuses anyone anymore. We still make plays because we give Trent a lot of time. There are of lot of pass plays that Saunders refuses to run, that I would like to see implemented.

Moreover, we have 8 pro-bowlers on this offense. It would take a real moron to screw this up.

And I have every confidence that Carl is more than capable of finding that real moron.