PDA

View Full Version : donks to sit 4 in final game

Mr. Laz
12-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Broncos to rest Wilson, Brown, Williams, Anderson

Associated Press

DENVER -- Linebacker Al Wilson, defensive lineman Courtney Brown, cornerback Darrent Williams and running back Mike Anderson will all sit out of Denver's regular-season finale in San Diego this weekend to nurse injuries.

Wilson had surgery Monday to repair a broken right thumb. Brown has a sore knee and sore shoulder. Williams has missed the last two weeks with an injured groin. Anderson sprained his ankle last Saturday against the Raiders.

"With Mike Anderson, if it was a playoff game, he'd be able to play, but not at 100 percent," coach Mike Shanahan said Tuesday.

Shanahan has the luxury of resting starters because Saturday's game against San Diego means nothing in the standings to either team. Denver (12-3) has secured the second seed in the AFC and can't move up. San Diego (9-6) has been eliminated from playoff contention.

nascher
12-27-2005, 03:22 PM
the only guy who could play is Mike Anderson not exactly resting starters.

listopencil
12-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Yeah, this doesn't look like anything that would be unusual for a regular season game.

chefsos
12-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Looks like Wilson and Williams would have been out anyway, and Tatum Bell will be looking for his 1000 yard season; so far so good.

Taco John
12-27-2005, 03:26 PM
I'd doubt Plummer would play the entire game. I would put my money on Shanahan treating this like Week 3 of the preseason, where he puts in the starters just enough to keep an edge about them...

dirk digler
12-27-2005, 03:27 PM
I'd doubt Plummer would play the entire game. I would put my money on Shanahan treating this like Week 3 of the preseason, where he puts in the starters just enough to keep an edge about them...

Yep that is what I was thinking as well.

Too bad for us.

sedated
12-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Both these teams want to screw the chiefs over.

After the chargers roll the donks, Shanahan will hold up a sign to the camera that says "Have Fun Sitting Home, Chiefs"

tk13
12-27-2005, 03:31 PM
Hopefully the Chargers come out flat and without intensity since they really have little to play for. And Denver's subs will play hard now that they have a chance to show what they can do. That's what we really have to be rooting for.

chief52
12-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Both these teams want to screw the chiefs over.

After the chargers roll the donks, Shanahan will hold up a sign to the camera that says "Have Fun Sitting Home, Chiefs"

I really do not think either the Broncos or Chargers are concerned about how the outcome of this game effects the Chiefs. The Chiefs are a non-issue IMO. The Chiefs have to win...which is real questionable...and the Steelers have to lose...which is nearly impossible given the importance of the game. The Broncos and Chargers could care less about the Chiefs...and rightfully so.

nascher
12-27-2005, 03:47 PM
chiefs should win Cincy will rest some players but Detroit
has no chance in Pittsburgh so Denver can take it easy and SD can maybe look again @ Rivers. Denver has another week off.

chefsos
12-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Hopefully the Chargers come out flat and without intensity since they really have little to play for. And Denver's subs will play hard now that they have a chance to show what they can do. That's what we really have to be rooting for.

Sounds good. I can't imagine the Chargers having any fire at all, especially considering that they've been told all year, "You are the greatest 3, 4, 5 loss team evah, oh and by the way, now you're going home."