PDA

View Full Version : Should the offense rebuild?

Chiefnj
12-28-2005, 02:36 PM
There is some talk and speculation that with any luck KC will keep it's offense intact and that if the D is improved the Chiefs are playoff bound.

Is anyone concerned that the offense will get too old overnight? Lose too much speed, too much arm strength, too many nagging injuries?

Every so often you get an older team that you think has a little more in the tank, but then they completely fall on their face.

Does anyone think that the Chiefs O is poised to make a similar fall unless there is a complete rebuild?

Rain Man
12-28-2005, 02:38 PM
No. No concern. They're still in the top two offenses in the league. Let them keep going until they drop to #12 or lower, and then start thinking about changes.

jAZ
12-28-2005, 02:39 PM
I think it's a serious risk that we will be without the services of Willie Roaf in the next year or two. And we've see the consequences of that early this season.

We need Willie no matter what.

At the same time, I don't think we need to "rebuild" as much as draft smart and "reload".

So I vote for incremental changes with the same system and some of the same coaches.

JBucc
No not really, the only really old guys are Shields, Roaf, and T-Rich, and I don't think if any of them decide to play they'll just "fall apart" in one year. We now have youth at RB and while Trent may be older he didn't play a lot early in his career and I think has 2 or 3 years left. However that doesn't mean we shouldn't be planning for the future as well.

KCChiefsMan
we need to rebuild some positions, WR, LT/RG, DT, FS
get a solid backup QB and we'll be in business

tk13
12-28-2005, 02:42 PM
I think a complete rebuild would be risking wasting the best years of LJ and the end of TG's prime. We aren't THAT old. I think Trent's got something left in the tank. And we'd need a LT, eventually, depends on if Roaf comes back. We can just go Waters/Wiegmann/Black/Welbourn across the rest of the line, and I think we'll be okay. We'd need a WR too, but our best weapon is Larry Johnson, and he's not old at all. Some holes to fill but not a complete overhaul.

jAZ
we need to rebuild some positions, WR, LT/RG, DT, FS
get a solid backup QB and we'll be in business
I'd say we have a solid backup QB in Todd Collins. I assume you mean a solid QBOTF propsect? Or do you not like TC?

Chiefs Pantalones
...draft smart...

That, my friend, is where we are jipped.

SLAG
12-28-2005, 02:52 PM
There is some talk and speculation that with any luck KC will keep it's offense intact and that if the D is improved the Chiefs are playoff bound.

Is anyone concerned that the offense will get too old overnight? Lose too much speed, too much arm strength, too many nagging injuries?

Every so often you get an older team that you think has a little more in the tank, but then they completely fall on their face.

Does anyone think that the Chiefs O is poised to make a similar fall unless there is a complete rebuild?

This could have been said at the end of last year

chiefsfaninNC
12-28-2005, 03:12 PM
If a good OT falls to us in the 1st round we need to take him. He can play RT next year if Willie comes back and gain some experience before having to go to the left side. After that most picks need to concentrate on the D.

htismaqe
12-28-2005, 04:00 PM
A complete rebuild? Nah.

NJ Chief Fan
12-28-2005, 04:18 PM
we need to find a couple of olinemen in the near future as well as a real qbotf canidate as well as addressing another wr as kennison is getting old already in his 30's...sammie is goin to to be a decent reciever in the near future...boe and horn are not going to be the answer and who knows how crap is actually progressing even if he is at all...t-rich is getting up there too id like to see if we could land the rutgers fb some how...oh but lj is the truth!!!!!!abcdefg!!!!!hijklmno!!!!!pqrrtuv!!!!!wxy!!!!!Z

Hoover
12-28-2005, 04:22 PM
It doesn't need a total rebuild.

I think we need to be looking for the QBOTF, and continue to invest in the Oline.

As for the other positions I feel really good about them.

Hoover
12-28-2005, 04:38 PM
I think we should look at signing a older vet to help the WR Corps. I like Parker & Kennison, its just after them we have nothing.

Maybe we should look at getting one of these guys cheap

Moulds
Jerevucius
K. Robinson
Burleson (RFA)
Warrick

SLAG
12-28-2005, 04:38 PM
I think we should look at signing a older vet to help the WR Corps. I like Parker & Kennison, its just after them we have nothing.

Maybe we should look at getting one of these guys cheap

Moulds
Jerevucius
K. Robinson
Burleson (RFA)
Warrick

what about peerless price?

Hoover
12-28-2005, 04:46 PM
what about peerless price?
Yep I'd have no problem with that

Boomer=GOD
12-28-2005, 04:47 PM
I would vote for PP, I agree we need to address this need, whoever we get. Nothing as important as a leader in the linebackers, though (arguement is obviously gonna be made for secondary, which I somewhat agree). Players, the chiefs may have, but real leaders are lacking in the LB corp. Bell aint it, thats for sure.

htismaqe
12-28-2005, 04:51 PM
I would vote for PP, I agree we need to address this need, whoever we get. Nothing as important as a leader in the linebackers, though (arguement is obviously gonna be made for secondary, which I somewhat agree). Players, the chiefs may have, but real leaders are lacking in the LB corp. Bell aint it, thats for sure.

Mitchell is that leader. He's more comfortable calling the plays and over the last 8 weeks or so I've seen him several times get on guys about this or that.

The last thing we need is to invest a draft pick into the only position of strength on our defense...

Hoover
12-28-2005, 04:52 PM
yep DE, OT, I worry about investing another high pick in a DT

SLAG
12-28-2005, 04:58 PM
yep DE, OT, I worry about investing another high pick in a DT

Whats wrong with Wilkerson

Hoover
12-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Whats wrong with Wilkerson
I like Wilkerson and Hall, We just can't go into next season counting on them to produce as starters.