PDA

View Full Version : If SD beats Denver...

cmh6476
12-28-2005, 06:48 PM
We should really just go ahead and lose on Sunday. Better draft choice, and we'd face Tennessee and Buffalo next year as oppossed to Miami and Jacksonville.

Whaddya think?

Saulbadguy
12-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Shut up.

cmh6476
12-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Shut up.

you don't like it? What do we have to gain by winning? :shrug:

OldTownChief
12-28-2005, 06:53 PM
I can't believe some are still saying this shit.

Big Chief Homer
12-28-2005, 06:58 PM
:rolleyes: :cuss: :shake:

u r and idiot

cmh6476
12-28-2005, 07:01 PM
well then I'm fine with winning too and being the last team to pick before all the playoff teams and I'm fine with playing Miami and Jacksonville next year as well :mad:

:p

Saulbadguy
12-28-2005, 07:03 PM
well then I'm fine with winning too and being the last team to pick before all the playoff teams and I'm fine with playing Miami and Jacksonville next year as well :mad:

The alternative isn't that far off with the draft pick, and i'd rather have Jax @ home/Miami on the road rather than Tennessee @ Home/Buffalo on the road.

I'd also like to see a Chiefs victory on Sunday.

nychief
12-28-2005, 07:06 PM
year to year you never know who is going to be good in this league, so shut up.

Halfcan
12-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Shut up.

And screw up our win streak in DEC? I never hope to lose-EVER!!

Maybe if we go 2-14 next year we can get a really really good pick??

gcbroncos
12-28-2005, 07:56 PM
We should really just go ahead and lose on Sunday. Better draft choice, and we'd face Tennessee and Buffalo next year as oppossed to Miami and Jacksonville.

Whaddya think?

this thread is a moot point because San Diego will lose Saturday

morphius
12-28-2005, 08:05 PM

Ummm, I'm confused. If SD wins they will have the better record via tie breakers, so will draft after us and will play the second seed schedule next year.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-28-2005, 08:07 PM
I'd rather win.

We don't draft well anyway, with the exception of last year and a couple others out of 100.

Frazod
12-28-2005, 08:09 PM
I want to play Jacksonville. I hate those f#cking scumbags and their pussy cakewalk into the playoffs.

They need to be CRUSHED. :#

milkman
12-28-2005, 08:11 PM
[Herm Edwards]You play to win the games![/Herm Edwards]

Chiefs Pantalones
12-28-2005, 08:13 PM
I want to play Jacksonville. I hate those f#cking scumbags and their pussy cakewalk into the playoffs.

They need to be CRUSHED. :#

I hear that. I think they'll get crushed in the playoffs. They barely beat the 49ers and the Browns.

Brock
12-28-2005, 08:13 PM

What incentive is there for Denver to win?

tk13
12-28-2005, 08:16 PM
We'd draft 18th right now, I do believe. That really can't move up or down much. I don't think we can really go higher than 18th, and Washington, Dallas and SD are all right behind us. I think those are the only teams we can fall behind, and we can only fall behind two of them because Dallas or Wash is gonna make the playoffs. Worst case scenario we draft 20th, that's if we win and at least two of them lose.

Frazod
12-28-2005, 08:19 PM

Thoughts:

To help put us in the playoffs instead of Pittsburgh?

I can't imagine that would sway them, since everybody knows it would take a lightning strike miracle for Detroit to beat the Steelers.

To shove another loss up Marty's ass?

I doubt it. I would imagine the Rat hates us a lot more than he does SD. Resting starters, losing a meaningless game and thereby officially eliminating us by sheer lack of effort.

To simply win the game to win it?

Probably our best shot. But I figure those douchebags will just mail it in. 4321

tk13
12-28-2005, 08:24 PM
The most interesting draft battle will be for Reggie Bush and the first pick.

HOU 2-13
NO 3-12
NYJ 3-12
GB 3-12
SF 3-12

If Houston beats San Francisco, it's gonna be real interesting. It could be a 5 way tie at 3-13. It would come down to strength of schedule. New Orleans has the lead in that right now, but they do play Tampa again this weekend, The Jets play Buffalo. I think it'd come down to one of those two.

tk13
12-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Thoughts:

I can't imagine that would sway them, since everybody knows it would take a lightning strike miracle for Detroit to beat the Steelers.

I doubt it. I would imagine the Rat hates us a lot more than he does SD. Resting starters, losing a meaningless game and thereby officially eliminating us by sheer lack of effort.

Probably our best shot. But I figure those douchebags will just mail it in. 4321
I'm hoping SD mails it in too, considering we just killed their playoff hopes after a rough season... they don't have as much motivation either, at least Denver's subs will probably be playing hard to impress the coaches. That's really my only hope.

Frazod
12-28-2005, 08:27 PM
I'm hoping SD mails it in too, considering we just killed their playoff hopes after a rough season... they don't have as much motivation either, at least Denver's subs will probably be playing hard to impress the coaches. That's really my only hope.

I think you're forgetting how much Marty hates Denver.

Spott
If SD beats Denver, we get the 3rd place schedule no matter what we do on Sunday. If Denver beats SD, we automatically get the 2nd place schedule next year regardless of what we do on Sunday.

cdcox
We'd draft 18th right now, I do believe. That really can't move up or down much. I don't think we can really go higher than 18th, and Washington, Dallas and SD are all right behind us. I think those are the only teams we can fall behind, and we can only fall behind two of them because Dallas or Wash is gonna make the playoffs. Worst case scenario we draft 20th, that's if we win and at least two of them lose.

The earliest draft pick we can get is 18th, but we could draft later than 20th if some nfc team makes the playoffs at 9-7. But win or lose, it is most likely we will draft 18-20.

gcbroncos
12-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Thoughts:

keep talkin' like that and we will....

Brock
12-28-2005, 08:29 PM

I'm thinking they'd at least be motivated to screw the Chiefs, since the Chiefs screwed them last week. The Chargers starters should be able to beat Denver's second string blindfolded.

Logical
12-28-2005, 08:34 PM

Maybe if we go 2-14 next year we can get a really really good pick??ROFL, the game is in January, we have not won in January since 1994

Frazod
12-28-2005, 08:35 PM
keep talkin' like that and we will....

It doesn't matter anyway. Our season ends about 3:30 on Sunday. Yours will end in Indianapolis in a couple of weeks (hell, you ought to be used to that by now :D ).

But you do get the complimentary division champion t-shirt.

tk13
12-28-2005, 08:35 PM
I think you're forgetting how much Marty hates Denver.
I have no doubt Marty wants to kill them. Hopefully his players mail it in though. I mean I don't think they want to mail it in, and they might not, but like when the Chargers beat the Colts, it's just hard to get up for a game that means nothing.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-28-2005, 08:36 PM
It doesn't matter anyway. Our season ends about 3:30 on Sunday. Yours will end in Indianapolis in a couple of weeks (hell, you ought to be used to that by now :D ).

Very nice Fraz.

WebGem
12-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Last time I checked games played on January 1st don't count as December games, but I could be wrong.

gcbroncos
12-28-2005, 08:39 PM

#1 shanny loves beating afc west foes

#2 to go into bye on a positive

#3 to be 13-3

#4 to earn us some national respect (don't let him fool ya, shanny reads the papers too)

some other things to ponder

#1 our backups all have played and aren't bad..they'll be playing real hard to make next year's team

#2 our o-line will play darn near entire game...anyone can run behind it and tatum bell is 131 short of 1000 yds..he's motivated

#3 chargers are unmotivated...game means nothing...

#4 charger starters will underestimate our backups

#5 LT is banged up

#6 denver will play starters at least a half...don't forget that

#7 they're coached by marty...this alone is reason enough for charger let down....

Spott
12-28-2005, 08:43 PM
#7 they're coached by marty...this alone is reason enough for charger let down....

That is more than enough reason. I think Shanahan has been more reluctant to rest his starters in games at the then end of the season like this ever since he did that in 96 and lost that first playoff game at home to Jacksonville after clinching home field in week 13.

gcbroncos
12-28-2005, 08:49 PM

aw shut up.......stop hatin....

anyway......if we lose to indy then that means we got to the afc championship game....i can live with that

cdcox
12-28-2005, 08:52 PM
The most interesting draft battle will be for Reggie Bush and the first pick.

HOU 2-13
NO 3-12
NYJ 3-12
GB 3-12
SF 3-12

If Houston beats San Francisco, it's gonna be real interesting. It could be a 5 way tie at 3-13. It would come down to strength of schedule. New Orleans has the lead in that right now, but they do play Tampa again this weekend, The Jets play Buffalo. I think it'd come down to one of those two.

If Houston wins and NO loses, NO will probably get the #1 pick (there is a very slight chance Houston could get it depending on the outcome of the other games).

If Houston and NO win, and everyone else loses, Houston is back in the drivers seat with an 60% chance of getting it. The Jets (33%) and Packers (7%) could get it depending on how the outcome of the other games affects SOS.

SF is basically out of it. My program is showing some way they could get it, but I'm not sure what it is.

Frazod
12-28-2005, 08:54 PM
aw shut up.......stop hatin....

NEVER!

:cuss:

gcbroncos
12-28-2005, 09:02 PM
NEVER!

:cuss:

why you stubborn....

:banghead:

oh well...screw it...do your thing

:toast:

Frazod
12-28-2005, 09:04 PM
why you stubborn....

:banghead:

oh well...screw it...do your thing

:toast:

Exactly. :D

cmh6476
12-28-2005, 09:26 PM
If SD beats Denver, we get the 3rd place schedule no matter what we do on Sunday. If Denver beats SD, we automatically get the 2nd place schedule next year regardless of what we do on Sunday.
you're right, i guess it really doesnt matter what we do.

Hoover
12-28-2005, 09:49 PM
If SD beats Denver LJ shouldn't get more that 15 carries

Frankie
12-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Every year when we have the same record as 4 other teams, we are always the last of the 5 to chose. I don't know how that works BUT IT DOES!!! :cuss: So losing one more game may mean something like 6 picks earlier in the first for us. :hmmm:

Chiefs Pantalones
12-28-2005, 10:38 PM
If SD beats Denver the Dunkin' Donut guy will come back to life to pistol whip Mike Shanahan.

gcbroncos
12-31-2005, 10:38 PM

told ya..........