PDA

View Full Version : LJ to break single game rushing record??

Halfcan
12-28-2005, 09:43 PM
It could happen this weekend.

Cincy is resting starters and will be looking forward to just getting out of the game without injuries. Second half will feature scrubs on both sides of the ball.

LJ gave out watches to O-line=its TIME to kick some azz!

He could wrap up AFC Rushing leader-which would be very impressive for a backup the start of the season.

KC will have a consolation prize for missing playoffs.

Plus he wants a new contract-that would pretty much seal the deal.

Don't think it could happen? Nobody thought our O-line could hang 8 rushing TD's on Atlanta last year either.

What do you guys think, does he have a chance??

Logical
12-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Not much of a chance

Hoover
12-28-2005, 09:53 PM
IF SD wins vs Denver, we need to not run the tires off of LJ.

Halfcan
12-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Not much of a chance

Yep DV would pull him with 10 yards to go, to rest him for next year.

ZootedGranny
12-28-2005, 09:55 PM
He definitely has it in him, and I'd count on it happening sooner rather than later. I don't see it against Cinci, but that's not because of Cinci's D, but just a feeling.

In an odd way, LJ reminds me of Dante. Before he became the Dante we all know, he would have one or two returns a game that he just barely would get tripped up, or make one wrong move. He was close to breaking one at least once a game.

LJ is the same way. Two or three times a game he'll get slowed up just before he hits the open field. I think one of these days he'll have a game where he breaks through, or that tackle isn't made, and he'll have a couple of 50+ yard runs to go along with his already big game.

Claynus
12-28-2005, 09:56 PM
Not much of a chance

Why not? Cincy's run defense is horrid.

ZootedGranny
12-28-2005, 09:56 PM

I was thinking of this yesterday. If San Diego goes out Saturday and ends the Chiefs already slim playoff chances, I wonder how the team would respond.

Halfcan
12-28-2005, 09:58 PM
He definitely has it in him, and I'd count on it happening sooner rather than later. I don't see it against Cinci, but that's not because of Cinci's D, but just a feeling.

In an odd way, LJ reminds me of Dante. Before he became the Dante we all know, he would have one or two returns a game that he just barely would get tripped up, or make one wrong move. He was close to breaking one at least once a game.

LJ is the same way. Two or three times a game he'll get slowed up just before he hits the open field. I think one of these days he'll have a game where he breaks through, or that tackle isn't made, and he'll have a couple of 50+ yard runs to go along with his already big game.

Excellent post, he does have it in him. But the coaching staff would pull him at half if its a blow out-they are puzzies that way.

Run up the score-maybe you will save your job Saunders.

Hoover
12-28-2005, 09:59 PM
I was thinking of this yesterday. If San Diego goes out Saturday and ends the Chiefs already slim playoff chances, I wonder how the team would respond.
Its not the team, its protecting our future star RB. How would you feel if LJ get 31 carries in a final game with no chance at a playoff and God for bid he has some freak knee injury?

Halfcan
12-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Why not? Cincy's run defense is horrid.

Great post-they are bad but what are they ranked, like 24th?

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Great post-they are bad but what are they ranked, like 24th?17th

Logical
12-28-2005, 11:46 PM
Why not? Cincy's run defense is horrid.A lot of reasons,

Most likely we are eliminated before the game begins

I think you will see the o-line with plenty of substituting going on

I think the weather and field conditions are not likely to be right for it

I don't think Cinci's run D is that bad, 200 yards bad yes but nearly 300 yards bad, (295) nah.

nascher
12-29-2005, 12:17 AM
he needs 67y to get the Franchise Single Season rushing record that should be the goal.

greg63
12-29-2005, 12:23 AM
Great post-they are bad but what are they ranked, like 24th?

Here ya go bud. :D

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=132315

Nzoner
12-29-2005, 12:34 AM
Cincy is resting starters and will be looking forward to just getting out of the game without injuries. Second half will feature scrubs on both sides of the ball.

I thought the Bengals and Pats were still fighting it out for the 3rd slot.

Rausch
12-29-2005, 12:36 AM
If I had to guess I'd predict 200 or 220.

HUGE game, but not an all time record...

Nzoner
12-29-2005, 12:40 AM
If I had to guess I'd predict 200 or 220.

HUGE game, but not an all time record...

If the rushing record was to go down this weekend my money would be on Julius Jones as the Cowboys play host to the Rams.

Mr. Kotter
12-29-2005, 01:09 AM

:clap:

htismaqe
12-29-2005, 04:41 AM
he needs 67y to get the Franchise Single Season rushing record that should be the goal.

And Vermeil's final "gift" to the fans of KC will be making sure that LJ can't break Priest's record.

They're gonna come up with some BS excuse about resting him for next year and he won't get 67.

Claynus
12-29-2005, 05:14 AM
And Vermeil's final "gift" to the fans of KC will be making sure that LJ can't break Priest's record.

They're gonna come up with some BS excuse about resting him for next year and he won't get 67.

Bullcrap...you're reaching now.

Mecca
12-29-2005, 06:17 AM

What's really sad is, I actually wouldn't be surprised by that.

htismaqe
12-29-2005, 07:50 AM
Bullcrap...you're reaching now.

Yes, I am reaching. It's a joke.

It is sad however, that it's not a completely far-fetched scenario with this coaching staff...

chefsos
12-29-2005, 08:06 AM
I thought the Bengals and Pats were still fighting it out for the 3rd slot.
The Bengals won't say this out loud, but they'd rather have the 4th seed anyway in order to get Jacksonville at home as opposed to Pittsburgh/KC.

Simply Red
12-29-2005, 08:19 AM
36 carries 180 yards thats my best guess. But who knows.?.?.?.

Mike in SW-MO
12-29-2005, 09:40 AM

I'd be more angry if they pulled him after 90 yards and broke his 8 game string, didn't give hime a chance to tie Walter Payton for 3rd or even go on to challenge the record.

MeaTy The Pimp
12-29-2005, 11:01 AM
I predict 36 carries for a buck 75...

StcChief
12-29-2005, 11:06 AM
25 for 150 if we can make playoffs.

67 by half time, they may rest him if SD Pitt wins

any freak injury would really make them look foolish.

Halfcan
12-29-2005, 12:12 PM
I say run the wheels off him, bash the Bangles, and get the yardage record.

Leave no doubt that our line has been one of the best in history!!!

I say 333 yards on 46 carries. Or 7.24 YPC.