PDA

View Full Version : Last Nice Vacation you took?

Ari Chi3fs
12-28-2005, 10:03 PM
My family and I went to North Carolina and rented a multi million dollar beach house for the week for my wifes maternal grandparents 50th anniversary. It was awesome, plus there were no hurricanes... just one torrential downpour.

That was in May 2003.... its time for another really nice vacation, thinking about Dec 2006 in Hawaii, that would own. :hmmm:

Where have you been recently, and where would you like to go soon?

SLAG
12-28-2005, 10:09 PM
since 2000 I have been to Milan, Rome, Amman, Damascus, the Dead Sea, Chicago, Wichita, Topeka, Denver, Pomme d terre.

If you havent been to rome...

You gotta go

Ari Chi3fs
12-28-2005, 10:10 PM
really? Topeka and Wichita? I hear those places are great in the fall.

wow. Im speechless.

Halfcan
12-28-2005, 10:11 PM
Went north into Canada to Winnipeg, camped at Lake Manitoba. Then crossed west through Saskatchewan, Down to Montana, then back up to Alberta, and British Columbia (FUGGIN AWESOME) took boat over to Victoria Island, then across through Washington, Oregon-Crater Lake, Northern Ca-including the Sequoia's. Then Idaho, Utah, Co, Kansas then home. 6850 miles in 16 days camping in the most beautiful places in North America. Summer 2005

Count Zarth
I went to Springfield, Missouri.

ENDelt260
I went to Evansville, Indiana for Thanksgiving. It rocked.

Ari Chi3fs
12-28-2005, 10:13 PM
I went to Evansville, Indiana for Thanksgiving. It rocked.

My wifes maternal grandparents live there, and we go to Evansville every other year... didnt this year. Im glad that ENDelt and I are on alternating cycles...

Frazod
12-28-2005, 10:17 PM
I can't really remember having a shitty vacation. Two years ago we went to Asheville and it rained a lot, but we still had a good time.

I like to go to quiet places that I can reach by car (generally mountainous areas). Therefore, I avoid the aggravation of crowds and airports.

SLAG
12-28-2005, 10:21 PM
I went to Springfield, Missouri.

never been there

I have heard mixed things about springield

Frazod
12-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Last vacation was to western Colorado and Utah. Long way to drive, but it was okay. Highlights included Ouray, Moab and Arches National Park, as well as the area around Grand Junction which is really cool.

Before that was Asheville, North Carolina and Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Lots of rain, as I said earlier, but we had a good time. We're planning on taking a mini-vacation/long weekend in Gatlinburg early next summer. The Smokies are beautiful.

Prior to that, several trips out west to the Black Hills, and one to Yellowstone. Will probably hit the Hills again in the next couple of years. Once is enough for Yellowstone.

I'd also like to take a driving vacation through New England. I've never been north of Boston, and would like to see Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire and eastern Upstate New York. I want to go to one of those restaurants on the pier in Maine and eat a lobster that still has that OH SHIT look on its face, see the Adirondacks and Fort Ticonderoga. I've been told that entire area is awesome.

Rausch
12-28-2005, 10:31 PM
Vegas.

Once I got home I was homesick.

For Vegas...

Chiefs Pantalones
12-28-2005, 10:35 PM
Myrtle Beach, SC.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. I loved it. I didn't want to go home.

trndobrd
12-28-2005, 10:40 PM
since 2000 I have been to Milan, Rome, Amman, Damascus, the Dead Sea, Chicago, Wichita, Topeka, Denver, Pomme d terre.

If you havent been to rome...

You gotta go

Since 2000 I've been to Riyadh, Washington DC, Custer and Sturgis SD, Denver and Georgetown CO, Kuwait City, Baghdad, Balad and Kansas City.

We are going to Glenwood Springs Colorado next week.

SLAG
12-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Since 2000 I've been to Riyadh, Washington DC, Custer and Sturgis SD, Denver and Georgetown CO, Kuwait City, Baghdad, Balad and Kansas City.

We are going to Glenwood Springs Colorado next week.

Are you in the Service.?

Id like to vist NORAD

ChiefsFanatic
12-28-2005, 10:45 PM
This summer I went to Madeira Beach, FL. with my wife, kids, and a married couple we are friends with.

We stayed in my friend's grandmother's condo right on the beach. Our balcony was 50 feet from the Gulf of Mexico.

It was awesome, except for a little bit of red tide.

Mosbonian
12-28-2005, 10:59 PM
Before that was Asheville, North Carolina and Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Lots of rain, as I said earlier, but we had a good time. We're planning on taking a mini-vacation/long weekend in Gatlinburg early next summer. The Smokies are beautiful..

If you're going to Gatlinburg, the best thing to do is rent a cabin in the mountains that surround Gatlinburg/Sevierville.....the wife and I rented one that was about 5 miles outside of town, and was isolated from the other 5 cabins in that area....had a hot tub on the back porch. As part of a package you could buy your meals from a menu that was sent to you in advance. We were there seven days and ate in 4 of those days with lunch and dinner brought to us in our cabin. And one place that can't be missed is the Apple Farm Restaurant, had the best food around, and even better Apple Fritters...

I'd also like to take a driving vacation through New England. I've never been north of Boston, and would like to see Maine, Vermont........

Three things to visit in Vermont that are worth your time:

1) Norman Rockwell Art Museum- (Rutland Vermont)
2) Woodstock Inn- (Woodstock Vermont)
3) Vermont Country Store- (Weston, Vermont) If you want to expereince what it was like to shop at an old-fashioned Country Store you have to see this place. You can find some of the hard-to-find candies, toys and other assorted items there.....it's fun just to look around.

mmaddog

Mr. Kotter
12-28-2005, 11:03 PM
.... its time for another really nice vacation, thinking about Dec 2006 in Hawaii, that would own. :hmmm:....

R U friggin' outta your mind, Trav?

We'll be 12-0 headed into next December, on our way to 19-0.

Don't do it, man. :D

Mosbonian
12-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Myrtle Beach, SC.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. I loved it. I didn't want to go home.

If you like Myrtle Beach, I'd recommend checking out Charleston and Hilton Head....less commercial and less crowded. Although nothing beats sitting on the beach front in November at MB staying at one of the nicer Hotels at a bargain price because it's "off-season"....one Thankgiving weekend my wife, my kids , and my MIL, went down there and stayed at the Crown Reef in a 2 bedroom suite for $75 a night, complete with Thanksgiving Dinner in the lounge.

mmaddog

Chiefs Pantalones
12-28-2005, 11:23 PM
If you like Myrtle Beach, I'd recommend checking out Charleston and Hilton Head....less commercial and less crowded. Although nothing beats sitting on the beach front in November at MB staying at one of the nicer Hotels at a bargain price because it's "off-season"....one Thankgiving weekend my wife, my kids , and my MIL, went down there and stayed at the Crown Reef in a 2 bedroom suite for $75 a night, complete with Thanksgiving Dinner in the lounge.

mmaddog

Thanks, mmaddog. I'll look into that. It's great out there.

Frazod
12-28-2005, 11:26 PM
If you're going to Gatlinburg, the best thing to do is rent a cabin in the mountains that surround Gatlinburg/Sevierville.....the wife and I rented one that was about 5 miles outside of town, and was isolated from the other 5 cabins in that area....had a hot tub on the back porch. As part of a package you could buy your meals from a menu that was sent to you in advance. We were there seven days and ate in 4 of those days with lunch and dinner brought to us in our cabin. And one place that can't be missed is the Apple Farm Restaurant, had the best food around, and even better Apple Fritters...

Thanks. I'll check into that.

luv
12-28-2005, 11:43 PM
What's a vacation again?

SBK
12-28-2005, 11:46 PM
I like to go to quiet places that I can reach by car (generally mountainous areas). Therefore, I avoid the aggravation of crowds and airports.

How bout a shopping trip to NYC at Christmas time? I just got back a few weeks ago and I thought Atlanta had too many people! You couldn't go anywhere without bumping into at least a thousand people. Especially in Times Square, and some stupid store called Century 21 I think, right across from Ground Zero.

luv
12-28-2005, 11:51 PM
OMG, that sounds wonderful. I'll bet you could see the stars well on a clear night. That sounds like heaven to me.

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-28-2005, 11:54 PM
What's a vacation again?

Main Entry: va·ca·tion Pronunciation: vA-'kA-sh&n, v&-Function: noun Usage: often attributive
Etymology: Middle English vacacioun, from Middle French vacation, from Latin vacation-, vacatio freedom, exemption, from vacare1 : a respite or a time of respite from something : INTERMISSION
2 a : a scheduled period during which activity (as of a court or school) is suspended b : a period of exemption from work granted to an employee for rest and relaxation
3 : a period spent away from home or business in travel or recreation <had a restful vacation at the beach>
4 : an act or an instance of vacating

luv
12-28-2005, 11:58 PM
2 a : a scheduled period during which activity (as of a court or school) is suspended b : a period of exemption from work granted to an employee for rest and relaxation
3 : a period spent away from home or business in travel or recreation <had a restful vacation at the beach>
Ha Ha

Any time I take off of work is to either cover sick days (we don't have paid sick days), to move or help someone move, to pick up friends from the airport, to get paid for days when the company is closed (we get the day after Thanksgiving off, but we're only paid for Thanksgiving Day), etc. Only took about two days out of 11 this past year for R&R. It's been years since I've gone anywhere for fun. Gonna take me to the cabin mentioned?

TinyEvel
12-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Good thread!
I can back you up on the Rome thing. Only place I've been in Europe, and loved it! A city with 2000 years heritage. Unbeliveable. Went in October, Not too hot, not too busy.
So, West Coasters, try Zihuatanejo Mexico.
It's the most peaceful place I've been.
Little port town between Acapulco and Puerto Vallarta.
had my honeymoon there, and went back for anniversaries number 5 and 6.
And going there in March!
Check out La Quinta Troppo.
SWEET hotel. Like you're staying at some rich dude's hacienda with his staff looking after you.

Otherwise, the best vacation I've had was camping in the Sierra's with my girls for the first time.
Places my dad took me as a kid.
KEEP FAMILY TRADITIONS ALIVE!!!

Okay so I'm buzzed. Too much Vodka.

but this is a great thread.

BELIEVE!!!

Nzoner
12-29-2005, 12:08 AM
Vegas.

For Vegas...

Same here,I last went Oct '04,can't wait to get back.

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-29-2005, 12:08 AM
Ha Ha

Any time I take off of work is to either cover sick days (we don't have paid sick days), to move or help someone move, to pick up friends from the airport, to get paid for days when the company is closed (we get the day after Thanksgiving off, but we're only paid for Thanksgiving Day), etc. Only took about two days out of 11 this past year for R&R. It's been years since I've gone anywhere for fun. Gonna take me to the cabin mentioned?

I didn't mention anything about a cabin, but what the hell, the Mrs doesn't mind when I go on road trips with anonymous people I meet on the internet. I feel your pain though, we didn't take vacations for about a decade. The last few years we've been fortunate enough to take some nice ones. I'm self employed so I don't get any paid days off, and sometimes I'm lucky just to get paid for the days I do work. That's life.

luv
12-29-2005, 12:11 AM
I didn't mention anything about a cabin, but what the hell, the Mrs doesn't mind when I go on road trips with anonymous people I meet on the internet. I feel your pain though, we didn't take vacations for about a decade. The last few years we've been fortunate enough to take some nice ones. I'm self employed so I don't get any paid days off, and sometimes I'm lucky just to get paid for the days I do work. That's life.
You didn't mention the cabin, but someone else did. You can bring the family. Just pay for me to have my own cabin! :D

chappy
12-29-2005, 12:15 AM
this last oct. me and my father went to Moab, Utah it was great. we rented a jeep and drove trails the whole time, they actually rent you jeeps to tear the hell out of and go rock crawling in isn't that crazy. well the canyons and arches are incredable. plus you can drive for days without seeing anyone else. i will never forget that trip man it is amazing what kinda s hit those jeeps can get through.

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-29-2005, 12:33 AM
You didn't mention the cabin, but someone else did. You can bring the family. Just pay for me to have my own cabin! :D

Do you own a vehicle larger than a Toyota Camry that we can take? That's going to be a long drive.

luv
12-29-2005, 12:35 AM
Do you own a vehicle larger than a Toyota Camry that we can take? That's going to be a long drive.
Nope. The Camry is about the same size as my car.

My dreams have been dashed! :deevee:

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-29-2005, 12:40 AM
Nope. The Camry is about the same size as my car.

My dreams have been dashed! :deevee:

Your boss probably wasn't going to give you all those days off anyway. :shake:

luv
12-29-2005, 12:44 AM
Your boss probably wasn't going to give you all those days off anyway. :shake:
We're going from one assistant supervisor (namely me) to having three. Hell, my boss could take off and go with me once we get the newbies trained!

Dartgod
12-29-2005, 08:04 AM
Vegas.

For Vegas...
Without a doubt, my favorite place to visit. We've been 3 times in the last year and a half, planning to go again in '06. We usually go in the summer, but was there last in October of this year. It is the perfect time of the year to do Vegas. Low to mid 80's during the day and low 60's at night...perfect weather.

Another place I'd like to go back to is San Diego. We were there last year for New Years and had a great time...other than the disater that was the Chiefs game out there. We were also dodging rain the entire time. I'd like to go back again when the weather is a little less wet.

Frazod
12-29-2005, 08:17 AM
How bout a shopping trip to NYC at Christmas time? I just got back a few weeks ago and I thought Atlanta had too many people! You couldn't go anywhere without bumping into at least a thousand people. Especially in Times Square, and some stupid store called Century 21 I think, right across from Ground Zero.

I spend five days a week working in downtown Chicago. You'll find the Holy Grail and Amelia Erhardt before you'll find me in a f#cking big city on vacation, unless I'm passing through it at the highest possible rate of speed.

Chief Henry
12-29-2005, 09:08 AM
I don't know if some of you will condider this real nice, but 7 of us went skiing to Colorado over Thanksgiving. We had 3 great days of skiing.
The drive back on that Sunday through Nebraska was a bitch.

Last Summer I went to Canada fishing again with good friends. THats always alot of fun. THis summer were going to a a place thats a 14 hour drive NORTH of Winnipeg. It seems like we'll be in the North Pole.

In the fall of 2004 My wife and I went to Cabo. I caught a 40 lb Mahi Mahi, the locals call them Dorado's. It took dam near 15 minutes to boat that sucka. I loved Cabo.

In 2007 about 20 of us are planning a nice cruise to the Caribean. I've been given STRICT Orders to not plan any Canada fishing trip that summer :(
But Cruises are great, if you don't get too drunk and stupid and get into a fight with a girl that has been flirting with others and then her "boys" decide to dump you over board for shark food !!!!

shakesthecat
12-29-2005, 09:11 AM
Ali,
Go to Hawaii, you won't regret it.
Shakette and I spent a week on Oahu last April and can't wait to get back.

Rain Man
12-29-2005, 09:16 AM
I went a couple of places this year, but both were not overly fun because I had to work on deadlines nearly the whole time. (Once I knew I'd have to work, but went anyway. The second time, I just had three or four things come up spontaneously right as I was leaving. Stunk.)

My last good outing was a long weekend in New York last year. I did a focus group in New Jersey, and crossed the river to Manhattan. My wife came out, and we spent a very pleasant weekend walking around Manhattan and seeing the sights. I really enjoyed it.

(Ironically, a month later I had another work meeting out there and it was miserable. I had to take a red-eye flight, kill six hours waiting for a meeting to start while nothing was open, and didn't want to spring for a hotel since I'd only be in the room for about three hours. I ended up walking around in five-degree weather rotating between coffee shops and diners.)

My last real vacation was to Newport Beach to my in-laws' time-share. It's okay, but the time-share thing just isn't my speed. I much prefer active vacations to sedentary vacations. It was time off, though, so that's good.

MOhillbilly
12-29-2005, 09:39 AM
went to DC over Christmas-got to see the entire family together in i dont know how long. went to the game sat. got field passes and coaches confrence passes.
went to redskins park and learned alot-talked football all weekend.

BUT- the thing that effected me the most was going to Arlington and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Ive been alot of places in my 31 years and seen and done alot of things but the moments leading upto and after the Changing of the Gaurd effected me like nothing else i have ever witnessed.

then went to the Vietnam war memorial and nealed down in front w/ a 1st cav patch(my dad was 1/7 air assault) and took a pic w/ my two cousins.

Then the WWII memorial and stood infront of the Missouri Marker and had a pic taken w/ a sea bees patch(Grandpa was a UDT in WWII)
Took a pic in front of the Korean war memorial where it says "FREEDOM IS NOT FREE"
it was fantastic.

rageeumr
12-29-2005, 09:47 AM
T-minus six days until my 2006 ski trip! I'm starting to get really excited! I haven't been to a lot of the cool places you guys have been, but a couple of trips I have really enjoyed the last couple of years have been to Savannah, GA and Hilton Head Island, SC. That and my annual ski trips of course!

SBK
12-29-2005, 10:42 AM
I spend five days a week working in downtown Chicago. You'll find the Holy Grail and Amelia Erhardt before you'll find me in a f#cking big city on vacation, unless I'm passing through it at the highest possible rate of speed.

ROFL All I was thinking the whole time was that I couldn't believe people liked living this way.

Manhattan alone I was told has 13.5M people known to be living there, and they estimate the true number to be 16M-19M. Screw that.

dirk digler
12-29-2005, 10:49 AM
I'd also like to take a driving vacation through New England. I've never been north of Boston, and would like to see Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire and eastern Upstate New York. I want to go to one of those restaurants on the pier in Maine and eat a lobster that still has that OH SHIT look on its face, see the Adirondacks and Fort Ticonderoga. I've been told that entire area is awesome.

I went to Boston 2 years ago and we drove up the coast through New Hampshire and Maine. Ate at a couple of lobster shacks which was really good. We then went white water rafting down the Kennebec River. It was awesome.

I definitely want to go back and stay in Boston for a while longer and then go south this time.

dirk digler
12-29-2005, 10:52 AM
went to DC over Christmas-got to see the entire family together in i dont know how long. went to the game sat. got field passes and coaches confrence passes.
went to redskins park and learned alot-talked football all weekend.

BUT- the thing that effected me the most was going to Arlington and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Ive been alot of places in my 31 years and seen and done alot of things but the moments leading upto and after the Changing of the Gaurd effected me like nothing else i have ever witnessed.

then went to the Vietnam war memorial and nealed down in front w/ a 1st cav patch(my dad was 1/7 air assault) and took a pic w/ my two cousins.

Then the WWII memorial and stood infront of the Missouri Marker and had a pic taken w/ a sea bees patch(Grandpa was a UDT in WWII)
Took a pic in front of the Korean war memorial where it says "FREEDOM IS NOT FREE"
it was fantastic.

I am planning to go there next year. I have been once when I was 16 and really liked it and it would be a great educational experience for my kids.

I really like Arlington and the Vietnam Memorial. I am really wanting to see the new WWII memorial.

Rain Man
12-29-2005, 10:56 AM
ROFL All I was thinking the whole time was that I couldn't believe people liked living this way.

Manhattan alone I was told has 13.5M people known to be living there, and they estimate the true number to be 16M-19M. Screw that.

I'm sure it would get old over time, but I wouldn't mind living someplace like that where I could walk anywhere I needed to go, and had a zillion places to entertain myself within walking distance. I'd certainly rather live there than in some suburb where I'm sitting in traffic for two hours a day.

cdcox
12-29-2005, 11:12 AM
Relaxing vacation: Cancun. Just an awsome place. The wife and I went with my parents a few years back, and we are tentatively planning a return trip with our daughter this summer.

Active Destination: London. Lots to see and very easy to get around by walking or using the tube. I've been three times on business in the last couple of years. Each time I've had a day or so to do things on my own and really enjoyed it. Traveling alone I've been able to do it on the cheap; taking the Mrs could get expensive fast.

cdcox
12-29-2005, 11:16 AM
I also did the Hilton Head time-share thing soon after we went to Cancun. It was okay, but no comparison. The place we stayed was real up tight about drinks by the pool or at the beach. Felt like a criminal smuggling my drinks around the whole time. Cancun was way more relaxing and the local attractions more exotic.

SBK
12-29-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm sure it would get old over time, but I wouldn't mind living someplace like that where I could walk anywhere I needed to go, and had a zillion places to entertain myself within walking distance. I'd certainly rather live there than in some suburb where I'm sitting in traffic for two hours a day.

You just described Atlanta. I can see why folks from up north are flocking down here. For $1Mil you can get a crappy flat in NYC, or you can get a 7000-8500 sq ft estate on a golf course in Atlanta. Seems to be an easy decision. Plus no snow!

HC_Chief
12-29-2005, 11:31 AM
June 2004, Sanibel/Captiva Island, FL.

Gorgeous.

Rented a condo on the beach. Drove to Ft Lauderdale one day, up to Sarasota another. Got lots of rays and swam in the Gulf and Atlantic.

I will definitely vacation in Sanibel again.

Troy1220
12-29-2005, 11:36 AM
Mfangano Island in Kenya. It's a big Island on Lake Victoria and I spent 3 days there in a tent. Experienced bats, rats, and an African Thunderstorm in the middle of the night. The on my last night, at about 2 AM, some African dude was trying to look in my tent. Never forget that trip.

Troy

Simply Red
12-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Lets see; Freeport, BH. Cabo, Puerta Vallerta, Saint Lucia, Matzatlan, Vegas, Chicago, Ashville, NC. and Miami, Oh yeah Myrtle Beach, SC. and LA also. Are the sum of my vacations. My best though? Bahammas by far.

Mosbonian
12-29-2005, 11:53 AM
I also did the Hilton Head time-share thing soon after we went to Cancun. It was okay, but no comparison. The place we stayed was real up tight about drinks by the pool or at the beach. Felt like a criminal smuggling my drinks around the whole time. Cancun was way more relaxing and the local attractions more exotic.

Cancun and Hilton Head are polar opposites in the crowd that vacation there....

Cancun is more of the "party & lay out on the beach" crowd, while Hilton Head is more of an exclusive "old-money" Golf Resort area.....

When you go go Cancun you expect a wild time...nothing tame or sedate.....you wake up to a hangover from the night before, then get into your bathing suit and lay out till you are brown and crispy....you lunch with Dharma and Greg at the poolside cafe'....the go back to laying on the beach or playing in the water till you are wrinkled....you go upstairs to change to have dinner with Will and Grace who have invited you to join them bar-hopping later on that evening.

When you go to Hilton Head you expect a round of golf....Lunch with Biff and Muffy.....another round of golf in the afternoon...Dinner with the Howell's....then a night cap as you watch the sun go down over the Atlantic....

mmaddog

cdcox
12-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Since I'm not a golfer that may explain why I didn't care for Hilton Head that much. Not a real "night-life" person either. I'd rather drink at a nice steady pace all day long.

Mosbonian
12-29-2005, 12:05 PM
Last year I made 21 business trips.....I combined a few of them with "mini-vacations".....

I was in Chicago & Miami in January....Tampa in February......Chicago, San Francisco, and Amelia Island in March....Atlanta and Chicago in April....Chicago in May....New Orleans and Dallas in June....Chicago (twice) and Minneapolis in July....Chicago in August....San Antonio and Clearwater Beach in September....Lexington, Ky. and Las Vegas in October.....Chicago and Charlotte in November...

mmaddog

Mosbonian
12-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Since I'm not a golfer that may explain why I didn't care for Hilton Head that much. Not a real "night-life" person either. I'd rather drink at a nice steady pace all day long.

Then I would recommend Charleston, Savannah, or Clearwater Beach....

mmaddog

WilliamTheIrish
12-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Did 7 days in San Diego in 03. Ran the Rock n Roll marathon and vegged out on the beach for the next 5.

A truly fabulous city.

Simply Red
12-29-2005, 12:29 PM
Did 7 days in San Diego in 03. Ran the Rock n Roll marathon and vegged out on the beach for the next 5.

A truly fabulous city.

Nice to visit, but I'd take the southeast coast to live. Because that way you can afford to, you know, EAT!

Dartgod
12-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Nice to visit, but I'd take the southeast coast to live. Because that way you can afford to, you know, EAT!
I'd almost be willing to give up food for the margaritas in San Diego!

Saulbadguy
12-29-2005, 12:34 PM
Going to Orlando for my Honeymoon.

cdcox
12-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Then I would recommend Charleston, Savannah, or Clearwater Beach....

mmaddog

We've been to Charleston a couple times. Nice, except in the summer the heat will kill you. Would like to try Savannah sometime.

Ari Chi3fs
12-29-2005, 12:39 PM
This summer in May, Im going to Chicago, to catch a cubs game, and a Wayne Dyer speaking engagement... and if I get this new job that appears taht I am the frontrunner for... 100K, I think Ill take a couple vacations in there, including the trip to Hawaii.

sedated
12-29-2005, 01:01 PM
You'll find the Holy Grail and Amelia Erhardt before you'll find me in a f#cking big city on vacation, unless I'm passing through it at the highest possible rate of speed.

New York City sucked.

It's like every school in the world had taken a field trip there that day, couldn't even walk down the street. and everyone was an assh0le.

I am comforted by the fact that if a plague breaks out, those people will perish the quickest.