PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs RBs

Tribal Warfare
10-14-2000, 05:08 PM
I believe the Chiefs will keep 4 RB's for next year(includung drafting one) because Moreau is looking more of a Kimble Anders than a Stephen Davis look for Frank to be converted to FB Tony Richerson will be relegated back to his blocking back/special teams duties Cloud will be a spot man for the 1st round draft pick (Lamont Jordan,Travis Henry, or Rudi Johnson)

Guys we are very close we can do it behinf this O-line but we need to find the right back running behind it.

G_Man
10-14-2000, 05:11 PM
I have to respectfully disagree. When have the Chiefs ever kept that few of backs? Even IF we draft a RB in the 1st round (hopefully) we'll still keep a stable, IMO. 5 at the least. I'd keep Moreau at HB, T-Rich at FB, with Cloud backing our #1. But I'd pick up another backup FB (it will probably just be a re-sign of Bennett). Anders won't be here (cap).

Tribal Warfare
10-14-2000, 05:21 PM
I'll have to disagree with you their also because Gun stated he wanted a feature RB
and this Draft is so strong at RB position I think the Chiefs will go for the backs I stated the carries would go 1st rounder/Moreau/Cloud. And another reason is you want dump the dead weight and leave that one position open for a WR spot since the Chiefs are converting Ricks to a TE.

[This message has been edited by ChiefPriority (edited 10-14-2000).]

Tribal Warfare
10-14-2000, 05:36 PM
Wait a minute I forgot about Dante Hall Graeme their's your 5 backs. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

G_Man
10-14-2000, 05:36 PM
Where did you hear anything about ricks being converted to TE? And even if he were to be, we sure as hell wouldn't be keeping 5 TEs, so we wouldn't need to make room. Unless you have information that I don't, I don't believe Ricks is going to be moved from WR. And are you forgetting to figure in Hall? We WILL keep more than 4 RBs.

Tribal Warfare
10-14-2000, 05:39 PM
The Sporting News Chiefs page

Tribal Warfare
10-14-2000, 05:42 PM
I know I forgot about Dante Hall the guy's so small he's easy forget. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

G_Man
10-14-2000, 05:54 PM
The signing of free agent Mikhael Ricks signals the Chiefs' desire to add big, strong receivers. Ricks, 6-5, 237 pounds, can create matchup problems for smaller defensive backs, especially in the red zone, and the Chiefs are thinking about using him in a tight end role, too.

It hardly says they ARE moving him to TE, just that they're thinking of using him there too. Note the first sentence: Mikhael Ricks signals the Chiefs' desire to add big, strong receivers.

[This message has been edited by G_Man (edited 10-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by G_Man (edited 10-14-2000).]

Tribal Warfare
10-14-2000, 07:23 PM
And I'm reading between the lines and I come to the conclusion they'll convert him to TE.Therefore they'll use him just like how they use Gonzalez.(they'll line him up at TE or slot reciever positions)

[This message has been edited by ChiefPriority (edited 10-14-2000).]

G_Man
10-14-2000, 08:57 PM
Like I said before though, IF (and I don't think they will) they DO convert him to full-time TE, it will be at the expense of Drayton or Dunn next year. We WON'T keep 5 TEs.

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2000, 12:51 AM
Again he will have a Tony Gonzalez role mark it down.( it will happen)

Bob Dole
10-15-2000, 08:02 AM
Apparently, Bob Dole is the only one who is pleased with Cloud's improvement so far this season.

Bob Dole has been screaming for 2 back sets that don't give away the offense's plan of attack since Okoye. Put T Tich at FB and Cloud at HB and run different plays out of the same formation. T Rich can hammer on Grunny's buttcheeks and Cloud can take the corner. Let the guys get some carries and get into a groove with the O-line.

Amazing what happens when everyone on defense (and 70,000 plus fans and the entire TV audience) doesn't know who is getting the ball and where they are headed...

kcred
10-15-2000, 08:56 AM
I think the Chiefs will probably go with best player available type, primarily looking at RB, LB, and OL or DL. I think they will resign Grunny for 3 more years, centers have a tendency to play longer than other OL, we need to keep Will Shields, but if a top Guard were available, then it might be him. It looks more and more, like we will be in the upper third of the draft again. I hope we can find another Morris, with the pick.

milkman
10-15-2000, 09:29 AM
The milkman agrees with Bob Dole. With the emergence of the Chiefs' air attack, T-Rich/Cloud can be an effective 1-2 punch on the ground, and gives the Chiefs a number of options that can keep the defenses guessing.

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

[b]The SitCom must die!!</B>

ck_IN
10-15-2000, 11:36 AM
Perhaps I'm in the minority but I don't view RB as a big draft day need. Cloud has proven that when he gets the ball in space that he's a very dangerous back. Moreau will take the Bennett swingman role. Hall can give you the scatback and Rich is the unquestioned FB.

As I've repeatedly said, give Cloud 20 carries and the RB question will be over.

I still view WR as a draft need. We still don't have our deep burner. We have a pair of Irvings but no Harper.

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2000, 03:29 PM
Guys we don't have a premier back period we would have won the Raider game if the Chiefs had one thats why I'm calling out Peterson to draft a top tier RB.

tomahawk
10-15-2000, 03:36 PM
I don't know if we have a feature back or not . I thought moreau and cloud were battling in first half but they must of had the stomach virus also in the second. Richardson is a great asset to this team but he is no feature back.

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2000, 03:46 PM
Moreau is a FB and Cloud is a nobody Carl draft a top tier RB (Lamont Jordon, Travis Henry, Rudi Johnson) http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

[This message has been edited by ChiefPriority (edited 10-15-2000).]

AZChief
10-15-2000, 03:56 PM
Hmmm. "Cloud a nobody?" It's hard to be a somebody when you touch the ball three times in a game. Our running back situation is terrible. My question...on the first drive. Why did Cloud run twice between the tackles and then leave the game so TRich could be thrown a pass in the flat? I wouldn't mind the "situational running back tactic" if the right personal was used in the right situation. 58 yards rushing is not a flattering tribute to Derrick Thomas, 158 would've been!

AZ

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2000, 03:58 PM
Cloud is nobody because first he can't run in traffic two he has poor vision and the thitd reason he has horrible accleration added to that the guy can't block. (perfect RBBC back)

kcred
10-15-2000, 04:00 PM
For all of you screaming for a running back, where are the holes to run to, you must be seeing something different than I am. I don't think the reincarnation of Walter Payton, a little Gale Sayers, and a dash of Barry Sanders, could gain 100 yards, with our blocking schemes. This goes back to play calling and blocking pure and simple. We may have the horses, but they sure as hell aren't opening any runs to daylight.

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2000, 04:03 PM
I saw a load of holes lanes cutback lanes that a premier runner would see the Chiefs backs have no quickness or real field vision.
Draft a premier RB Carl

AZChief
10-15-2000, 04:05 PM
I'm not a huge Cloud fan but I think you're venting your frustration on the wrong guy. I think he's the fastest back we have. His blocking this year has been solid if unspectacular. Third, no one can run in traffic with no blocking. Three touches for seven yards...he never had a chance.

KC ruining the confidence of yet another young back. (see Williams, Hill, Shehee, et al. for recent examples of how this is accomplished)

AZ

AZChief
10-15-2000, 04:08 PM
Chief Priority~

Please don't construe my defending Cloud as not agreeing with your "take" that we need to draft a star running back with our first round pick...

Hopefully, if we do draft a RB with that pick he'll see the field.

AZ

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2000, 04:09 PM
No I'm not I've never liked Cloud we need a Premier RB he's deadweight believe me you are not going to change my mind on this issue our O-line is fine we need a RB that can "feel " the way to daylight which leads to drafting a top tier RB.

kcred
10-15-2000, 04:10 PM
If all those lanes are open that you see, why not try misdirection, oops sorry, that would require some coaching. I agree maybe we need a RB, but the play calling and blocking schemes should be changed first, and go with what we have.

AZChief
10-15-2000, 04:13 PM
If I can't change your mind on Cloud can I convince you to use punctuation in your posts? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

AZ<BR>

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2000, 04:14 PM
the blocking is fine a great RB would find ways to take total advantage of the blocking The holes are their the Chiefs don't have the RBs to use it to their advantage.

kcred
10-15-2000, 04:23 PM
I hope you are not confusing those "open lanes", which have been created because half the defense is now laying on top of our RB.

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

tomahawk
10-15-2000, 05:26 PM
The only open lane I seen missed today was the one where moreau tried to bounce it outside. A huge hole between the tackles was there, and it was pointed out by the commentators. I too am not completely satisfied with cloud but we need to at least let him try to bounce outside 4 or 5 times a game since he is probably the only one we have quick enough to get there. Don't like Oakland but at least they use their backs right, Wheatly straight up between the tackles and kaufman outside for the most part.

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2000, 06:38 PM
first their were several bounce outs/cuts or the back should of gone a different route the Chiefs RB's just don't have "it" like Shaun Alexander.

ck_IN
10-15-2000, 06:42 PM
I guess I'm confused as to what constitutes a 'hole'. The only hole I saw was the one Moreau missed. The rest of the time our RB's simply ran into a mass of waiting silver and black humanity. There was no blocking and no RB would have made a difference.

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2000, 06:53 PM
Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, Marshall Faulk, Jamal Lewis, Fred Taylor. Believe me they would have a field day behind the Chiefs O-line.The Chiefs RBs have no field vision or quickness or explosion

ck_IN
10-15-2000, 07:03 PM
The simple fact is that NO RB can run when there's no where to go. Shields and Riley provided a little running room, but Tait, Willis/Blackshear, and Grunnhard were only able to pass block.

Pick any RB you want. It wouldn't have mattered.

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2000, 07:06 PM
But the fact is their were places to go like I stated but the Chiefs RBs couldn't find the lane or the crease

ck_IN
10-15-2000, 07:12 PM
Yes you did state that, but having just watched the game I can't for the life of me see these 'lanes'. What I did see was massive penetration by the Oakland D and lots of gang tackeling. I saw absolutely NO running room. I guess your eyes are better than mine.

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2000, 07:17 PM
you know why ??They knew the play so they bunch up at the point of attack. a great RB would go the other direction or cutback/bounce out of traffic.