View Full Version : Chad Johnson guarantees TD celebration against Chiefs

tk13
12-29-2005, 02:44 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/13504345.htm

Get ready for ‘fun’
Bengals’ Johnson guarantees celebration if he scores a touchdown against Chiefs

By ELIZABETH MERRILL
The Kansas City Star

It probably won’t involve live animals or a marriage proposal, but Chad Johnson says he’ll have something cooked up if he scores a touchdown Sunday against the Chiefs.

“Let me see, Arrowhead seats 75,000, right?” Johnson said Wednesday. “Well, I’m going to think hard and think of something to please 75,000 people who are not supposed to be on my side. I can’t give you a hint, but I’m sure they’ll all like it.”

Johnson, a Pro Bowl receiver for the Bengals, has celebrated touchdowns with everything from a Riverdance to a pylon putt. In the days before last week’s Buffalo game, he suggested he would incorporate a deer into his act.

“I don’t know where he went,” Johnson said. “I was waiting for him to come out. He never did.”

Johnson is viewed throughout the NFL as more playful than disrespectful because he doesn’t taunt. He said Wednesday that he wouldn’t do a touchdown dunk, a la Tony Gonzalez, because he would never degrade another player’s celebration.

Two years ago, he drew Chiefs’ fans ire when he guaranteed the Bengals would beat a 9-0 Kansas City team. They pulled off the upset, but Johnson said he wouldn’t make a prediction for Sunday. There was no need to, he said.

“Even though I’m the opponent, I love them also,” Johnson said, referring to Chiefs’ fans. “And I do play for everybody.

“I’m fun. You guys know. You don’t get to see me, but you hear everything I say all the time every week. Everything is positive. Everything is in a fun-natured way. And you know exactly where I’m coming from. If you don’t know (No.) 85, if you don’t know Chad Johnson, you can get a feel somewhat of how he is, and you all know he’s somebody who wants to have fun and that’s all I do.”

Last month after he scored a touchdown against the Colts, he found a Bengals cheerleader, got down on a knee, and asked her to marry him. On Wednesday, he was asked if he’d set a date with the cheerleader.
“Actually,” Johnson said, “she left me.”

greg63
12-29-2005, 02:47 AM
...Well, the cell phone thing has already been done.

Demonpenz
12-29-2005, 02:48 AM
he should pull out a bottle of gates sauce and chug it

RedDread
12-29-2005, 02:49 AM
I'm curious as to whether Chad can win over a totally hostile crowd, especially if Denver wins on Saturday.

I don't think many people have forgotten the prediction from 2003.

Count Alex's Losses
12-29-2005, 02:50 AM
How about you cut your own ****ing throat?

ZootedGranny
12-29-2005, 02:52 AM
He must be gone off of that Columbian Marching Powder if he thinks he can win over Chiefs fans with a touchdown celebration.

Chad's one of the handful of players I like outside of the Chiefs, but I can't say I'd be sad to see him laying on the field concussed Sunday.

beer bacon
12-29-2005, 03:14 AM
CJ is one of my favorite non-Chiefs, but if he scores a TD I am going to be to be too smashy-smashy to notice any TD celebration.

Ultra Peanut
12-29-2005, 03:33 AM
Oh, Chad, you adorable tard. ROFL

Awesome new PBF av, ZG.

DaWolf
12-29-2005, 04:40 AM
I'd love it if he scored a touchdown making the score 45-27 Chiefs, then walked over to Gunther, grab Gun's arm and say "What the @#$% was that?", flip him off, rip off his sleeves, and grow a beard...

htismaqe
12-29-2005, 05:36 AM
I'd love it if he scored a touchdown making the score 45-27 Chiefs, then walked over to Gunther, grab Gun's arm and say "What the @#$% was that?", flip him off, rip off his sleeves, and grow a beard...

ROFL

mikey23545
12-29-2005, 05:52 AM
I'm starting to like that kid....

Warrior5
12-29-2005, 06:19 AM
I hope he doesn't get any TDs, but if he does, I bet it'll have something to do with BBQ sauce on the football.

VonneMarie
12-29-2005, 06:41 AM
Whatever he does it will be intresting and funny.

ChiefFripp
12-29-2005, 07:06 AM
F#ck him...

Mecca
12-29-2005, 07:11 AM
I wish we had Chad Johnson.......

MOhillbilly
12-29-2005, 07:36 AM
I HOPE CJ GETS HIS ****ING ASS KNOCKED THE **** OUT!!!!

SCTrojan
12-29-2005, 07:41 AM
I've always found his antics to be kind of funny. I'm sure I won't be laughing if he's celebrating on Sunday, though.

JBucc
12-29-2005, 07:46 AM
As long as we win I'll be happy to watch his TD celebration, but if we lose fu_ ck him

MOhillbilly
12-29-2005, 07:47 AM
As long as we win I'll be happy to watch his TD celebration, but if we lose fu_ ck him

screw that,f-ck him anyway!

the Talking Can
12-29-2005, 07:50 AM
he should plug in a toaster and insert a piece of bread labeled "McCleon"....

Dartgod
12-29-2005, 08:03 AM
I wish we had Chad Johnson.......
Me too.

dtebbe
12-29-2005, 09:00 AM
I HOPE CJ GETS HIS ****ING ASS KNOCKED THE **** OUT!!!!

I think we need to pull Wesley and put Dante in at Safety. :)

DT

Cochise
12-29-2005, 09:04 AM
I like Johnson. Reading this article tells the difference between people like him and Owens. He's entertaining people and having fun.

Valiant
12-29-2005, 09:22 AM
He will either do the

Tony G dunk
Priest cross
or LJ you are a pussy sign...

Chief Chief
12-29-2005, 09:26 AM
Well, I, for one, will be absolutely cheering him on to score so many TDs that he'll run out of things to do and then realize that all 75,000 are actually rooting for him!

Hog Rider
12-29-2005, 09:40 AM
It might all be cute and for fun, but Boomer just might have a mind to T-Bone the guy if he starts a celebration.
Then the fans might start cheering!

jspchief
12-29-2005, 09:43 AM
The only dance I'm looking forward to is the one that Kawika Mitchell does when CJ leaves the field in a body bag.

ChiefsFanatic
12-29-2005, 09:54 AM
I actually like Chad Johnson. He is right, His celebrations seem to be fun. T.O. either taunts a guy on the other team (Ray Lewis, etc.) or he is just doing something to get attention. Plus, T.O. is an asshole.

TinyEvel
12-29-2005, 10:29 AM
If our secondary is up to it's usual tricks, Chad better come up with more than ONE "funny thing" to do.

I like the toaster thing.

MOhillbilly
12-29-2005, 10:31 AM
The only dance I'm looking forward to is the one that Kawika Mitchell does when CJ leaves the field in a body bag.

ROFL damn straight

58-4ever
12-29-2005, 10:36 AM
He will either do the

Tony G dunk
Priest cross
or LJ you are a pussy sign...

I think you are thinking of Hines Ward (who constantly copies everyone else) Chad is much more original

Frazod
12-29-2005, 11:00 AM
I hate that hotdogging bullshit. The best touchdown celebration is to simply hand the ball to the official and not act like an assclown. Act like you've been there before. :shake:

If he pulls that shit here, I seriously hope somebody spears him.

Rain Man
12-29-2005, 11:05 AM
He has to score first. That's not going to happen.

ptlyon
12-29-2005, 11:07 AM
He has to score first. That's not going to happen.

I think I'm liking this more positive Rain Man.

Unfortunately over time he will become jilted and bitter like the rest of us.

Thig Lyfe
12-29-2005, 11:15 AM
I like Johnson. Reading this article tells the difference between people like him and Owens. He's entertaining people and having fun.

Yeah, I like him a lot too. His antics are not about him but rather about geniunely entertaining the fans. Giving them something to laugh and talk about. I wish he was on our side.

pikesome
12-29-2005, 11:38 AM
I think we need to pull Wesley and put Dante in at Safety. :)

DT

Why not? Seems like, in the Chiefs' minds anyway, that they can have anyone play safety. Doesn't matter what thier "natural" position is.

Lzen
12-29-2005, 12:05 PM
Why not? Seems like, in the Chiefs' minds anyway, that they can have anyone play safety. Doesn't matter what thier "natural" position is.

Speaking of Dante, his natural position was running back. That's what position he played at Texas A&M.

Lzen
12-29-2005, 12:09 PM
When Chad Johnson made that prediction in 2003, I didn't like the guy. Since then, I've realized that he's just a very emotional guy who wants to win more than anything in the world. He was right about the 2003 Chiefs. I would like him on the Chiefs.

For all those people who say he will do a toast thing or do Tony G's slam dunk the goalpost thing, you should read the article again.

Here. I'll save you the trouble.
Johnson is viewed throughout the NFL as more playful than disrespectful because he doesn’t taunt. He said Wednesday that he wouldn’t do a touchdown dunk, a la Tony Gonzalez, because he would never degrade another player’s celebration.

Calcountry
12-29-2005, 12:12 PM
As long as we win I'll be happy to watch his TD celebration, but if we lose fu_ ck himHere's hoping that we punk his ass.

Calcountry
12-29-2005, 12:14 PM
If our secondary is up to it's usual tricks, Chad better come up with more than ONE "funny thing" to do.

I like the toaster thing.Knowing our secondary, they will let him score so they can have a front row seat at the show.

Calcountry
12-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Speaking of Dante, his natural position was running back. That's what position he played at Texas A&M.Big difference between college and pro.

StcChief
12-29-2005, 12:20 PM
It might all be cute and for fun, but Boomer just might have a mind to T-Bone the guy if he starts a celebration.
Then the fans might start cheering!

I like it ..... Boomer just 'Jack him up'

Bengals without CJ in playoffs. I'm sure Marvin would not be amused.

Halfcan
12-29-2005, 12:49 PM
I hate that hotdogging bullshit. The best touchdown celebration is to simply hand the ball to the official and not act like an assclown. Act like you've been there before. :shake:

If he pulls that shit here, I seriously hope somebody spears him.

I could only add we drench him in beer as he walks in and out of the tunnel, boo him every time he is on the field, and hold him scoreless.

If Warfield is covering him, it will be a Vaudville act with many many skits.

greg63
12-29-2005, 02:02 PM
I could only add we drench him in beer as he walks in and out of the tunnel, boo him every time he is on the field, and hold him scoreless.

If Warfield is covering him, it will be a Vaudville act with many many skits.

Works for me! :thumb:

Wile_E_Coyote
12-29-2005, 02:13 PM
he can do the Mile High Salute, than pretend to castrate himself & throw his nuts to the crowd

Ultra Peanut
12-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Maybe he can drop the ball two yards before he gets into the end zone, to commemorate another unjust appearance by Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl?