PDA

View Full Version : NFL Radio going ape over Herm Edwards

dtebbe
12-29-2005, 02:37 PM
It seems that Vermeil made the comment that Herm should be coach of the year this year. All the new yawkers are taking this as a sure sign that Vermeil is retiring this year and Herm is coming to KC. It's funny, because the Jets folks pretty much view Herm leaving as the final total collapse of a franchise that was in the playoffs last year..

Funny stuff

DT

dirk digler
12-29-2005, 02:53 PM
My first thought when DV said that was the Cheifs really want Herm to coach here.

Cochise
12-29-2005, 02:55 PM
This whole thing is ridiculous. Edwards said he was coming back. The Jets said they weren't going to fire him. We can't actually negotiate with him. What the heck is this all about?

chiefsfaninNC
12-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Public comments is not tampering. When DV retires he is no longer part of the chief's org either. Damn this is getting scarier and scarier.

dirk digler
12-29-2005, 02:58 PM
This whole thing is ridiculous. Edwards said he was coming back. The Jets said they weren't going to fire him. We can't actually negotiate with him. What the heck is this all about?

Since they can't talk with Herm they are trying the telepathic route.

Halfcan
12-29-2005, 03:01 PM
DV said Herm was coach of the year-am I the only one that fails to understand why he would say something so stupid to the media without some kind of agenda?

Logical
12-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Since they can't talk with Herm they are trying the telepathic route.Gossip on the internet, it is not just a sport, it is a passion.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2005, 03:03 PM
I really think this team could do MUCH worse than Herman Edwards - a coach that reached the playoffs 3 times in 4 years I believe.

I'd welcome Herm here.

jspchief
12-29-2005, 03:04 PM
DV says herm is coach of the year
DV says Hicks is the heart of our defense
DV says McCleon is playing mistake free football

Dimentia has set in.

beer bacon
12-29-2005, 03:04 PM
DV said Herm was coach of the year-am I the only one that fails to understand why he would say something so stupid to the media without some kind of agenda?

Maybe he is celebrating his soon-to-be retired status and has been on a week long bender.

Mr. Kotter
12-29-2005, 03:10 PM

Remember how Vermiel became our HC?

"No way. He's still under contract with the Rams. No way the Rams let him go."

"No way. Why would he come back, after winning the SB and then retiring. No way Perterson and Hunt will pay him enough money."

"Ain't gonna happen. Chiefs would have to give up a high draft choice. Besides, they could be fined for tampering."

Damn. :shake:

I wonder when the press conference announcing Edwards as our HC will be. Will it be next week, or the week after? :hmmm:

If it's not Saunders, WTF? We could do a lot worse....:shrug:

Halfcan
12-29-2005, 03:11 PM
DV says herm is coach of the year
DV says Hicks is the heart of our defense
DV says McCleon is playing mistake free football

Dimentia has set in.

Must be-he says more dumb shit then me.

htismaqe
12-29-2005, 03:30 PM
I really think this team could do MUCH worse than Herman Edwards - a coach that reached the playoffs 3 times in 4 years I believe.

I'd welcome Herm here.

I'm to the point that I'd welcome just about anybody as long as it's not Vermeil or Gunther.

dirk digler
12-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Must be-he says more dumb shit then me.

That is not possible :D

Brock
12-29-2005, 03:58 PM

I'd welcome Herm here.

I wouldn't be thrilled, but they could do worse.