PDA

View Full Version : USC's offense in the NFL

FringeNC
12-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Currently, Tennessee is 14th in total offense, and 19th in scoring offense under former USC OC Norm Chow. It seems the jury is still out on whether it works in the NFL. One year of middle-of-the-road stats. It'll be interesting to see if Tennessee's offense improves next year with another year of it under the belt.

htismaqe
12-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Make no mistake about it. Alot of what makes USC's offense go is superior talent. That's not a luxury that you have in today's NFL.

FringeNC
12-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Make no mistake about it. Alot of what makes USC's offense go is superior talent. That's not a luxury that you have in today's NFL.

Very true, but USC's offense was dramatically better under the same talent going from Hackett to Chow running the offense.

chief52
12-29-2005, 03:42 PM
Very true, but USC's offense was dramatically better under the same talent going from Hackett to Chow running the offense.

Hackett and Chow had the same talent? I think not...USC has been loaded lately. The level Hackett had is no where near the present talent overall IMO.

FringeNC
12-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Hackett and Chow had the same talent? I think not...USC has been loaded lately. The level Hackett had is no where near the present talent overall IMO.

I believe the USC offense improved dramatically in Chow's first year.

htismaqe
12-29-2005, 04:06 PM
USC's talent now is infinitely better than under Hackett.

Night and day difference.

That being said, they did improve instantly with Chow.

Carroll can coach AND recruit. Hackett had problems with both.

chief52
12-29-2005, 04:19 PM
I believe the USC offense improved dramatically in Chow's first year.

Hasn't everyone's offense improved dramatically the year after Hackett has left? I have no stats to prove that, but damn it sure seems like it.

For the Titans to be middle of the road offensively this year I believe is quite an accomplishment. Their talent level is way down right now IMO.